Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,455

Tasuki

Yeah Magnetman can be tough if you dont use the slide. For me I usually start with Topman, but thats just me. For some reason alot of people start of with Magnetman but I find that if I take him on later on hes not that bad.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dezner

w00t, just put my order in for the Archie TPB for Mega Man Vol. 3!

Also, I read issue #15 last night, and almost teared up a little with the flashback involving Tempo and Dr. Lalinde. Man I really hope they become recurring characters foreverrrr!

I also finally got around to buying MMX2 on the Wii VC last night, and kind of disappointed that I didn't buy it on day one like all the others. I'm so rusty and was playing like crap, even WIRE SPONGE killed me twice. xD Oh well, nostalgia is always fun. I was trying to get the buster upgrade with only the Strike Chain and I'm not 100% sure if it's possible... hmmm... >_>

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

MikeDanger

I actually started with Sparkman on MM3, I had to! I needed to kill Magnetman early on. He wasn't as hard as some make him seem.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Tasuki

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I actually started with Sparkman on MM3

Oooh Sparkman. One of if not my favorite theme in a Megaman game.

My Backlog

Dezner

Nostalgia Update: Ah-HAH, yes you can get the buster upgrade in MMX2 with the Strike Chain. Took a while, though!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

e-love

I've been considering getting Mega Man 9 + 10 on PSN eventually. My question is, would they be too difficult for me? I'm pretty experienced with platformers, having played nearly every Mario game, but I'm not sure if this would be too hard to finish. I'd hate to get them and never beat them because of the difficulty. Any opinions?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Linkuya

If I like Mega Man X more than Mega Man, does that make me a bad person?

Linkuya

Retro_on_theGo

Linkuya wrote:

Maybe. Lol, no it doesn't. Megaman X is seriously fun. I prefer classic Megaman but X is really fun too.

@Emaan Megaman 9 is hard. I love Megaman and have beaten some in the classic series before and still found 9 hard. The level design and enemy attack patterns are all fair though so it's not like it's impossible. The music is so amazing too you'll probably be able to put up with the difficulty. Don't know about Megaman 10.

MikeDanger

Emaan wrote:

I've been considering getting Mega Man 9 + 10 on PSN eventually. My question is, would they be too difficult for me? I'm pretty experienced with platformers, having played nearly every Mario game, but I'm not sure if this would be too hard to finish. I'd hate to get them and never beat them because of the difficulty. Any opinions?

Mega man is like Mario for MEN!!!!!!!!

But get them,they're a ton of fun, but yes they're hard and frustrating but in a good way. When you finish them you'll feel more accomplished than beating Super Mario Land 3D.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Hokori

I just really started playing mega man games... I usually suck at them but I just beat 3/8 bosses in MM2. Heat, bubble, and air man
I have MMZero Collection, MM, MM2, MM3, MM9, and MM10. Zero collection is hard

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Retro_on_theGo

WaveBoy wrote:

Finishing Mega Man & Bass made me feel like funkin' He-man, that game was a total beast!
Mega Man 10 i'd say is the 2nd toughest in the franchise, some of the stage design and robot masters(Nitro 'especially, Solar, Strike and Blade) were totaly irritating! At first, it all felt like too much since MM9 felt a lot more well rounded, but 10 took it up a notch and layed down the inafune smack down!

Note to self. Need to read my copy of Mega Man Vol-1. The art work looks amazing.

I thought you disliked 10, because it was "depressing" and took itself too seriously?

MikeDanger

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

I just really started playing mega man games... I usually suck at them but I just beat 3/8 bosses in MM2. Heat, bubble, and air man

Kudos on beating airman without woodman's power.that one is said to be the hardest of the game.

Colors 3D:

Hokori

MikeDanger1 wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

[/div]

Kudos on beating airman without woodman's power.that one is said to be the hardest of the game.

Wow thanks I didn't even know that and I'm even playing on Hard

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Tasuki

MikeDanger1 wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

[/div]

Wow I never have used the leaf shield against Airman. I just use the Megabuster. Honestly I dont understand why everyone says the older Megaman games are so hard.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

Tasuki wrote:

Wow I never have used the leaf shield against Airman. I just use the Megabuster. Honestly I dont understand why everyone says the older Megaman games are so hard.

I both understand and don't. I don't becase some parts of these games are still pretty difficult by any standards. On the other hand, for the most part they are a walk in the park compared to Castlevanias or Blaster Master or Ninja Gaiden or Battletoads or those NES games I had that sucked (aka 1/3 of the 40+ games I had).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MikeDanger

So doing my Megaman 1-10 run. I'm already up to #6 and I just received #8 in the mail. Honestly I can see why people criticize this series as not changing much during the years, but the 90s were the new age era where everything needed to be different and new and 3D graphics, and now were in the Retro reviving era and now we all love the classic megaman games and actually want more.

Although it's getting a little repetitive... i'm still having fun. Didn't know #4 was the most hated one in the bunch. Up till now #6 is the one i'm least liking. #7 & #8 don't look sexy at all. I'm gonna be playing Megaman & Bass also BTW. After #7 I think.

@Tasuki: I always found #3 to be the hardest. But i've beaten every Megaman game i've played, that's more than I can say for Contra & others lol

Edited on by MikeDanger

Colors 3D:

Spagem

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Linkuya wrote:

[/div]

Maybe. Lol, no it doesn't. Megaman X is seriously fun. I prefer classic Megaman but X is really fun too.

Yes. > It does! Megaman X sucks compared to classic Megaman. >.>

@Emaan Megaman 9 is hard. I love Megaman and have beaten some in the classic series before and still found 9 hard. The level design and enemy attack patterns are all fair though so it's not like it's impossible. The music is so amazing too you'll probably be able to put up with the difficulty. Don't know about Megaman 10.

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Spagem

MegamanX is okay... But definatly not as great as the classic Megaman games. Those ones are better IMO because the simplexity of it. Also I prefer NES over SNES but thats just me.

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Philip_J_Reed

I've only got 16 robot masters left to go in my no damage runs! (link below, so check them out!)

I agree that the games aren't as hard as their reputations suggest, but putting restrictions on it (like no damage runs, perfect runs, kirby runs) really shows both how cleverly these games were designed, and how surprisingly versatile they are. Truly one of my favorite series period.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.