761. Posted:

Heh heh, "Emerald Spears" is going to be a pretty good in-joke. :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

762. Posted:

Call me crazy, ( and some people will ) but I personally like Mega Man 4,5, and 6 better than 1,2 and 3. MM9 is my favorite and I do enjoy MM3, but MM2 is way too overated imo.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

763. Posted:

@iPancakez - I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. Mega Man 2 is freakin' amazing and deserves all of the recognition it gets.

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

764. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

@iPancakez - I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. Mega Man 2 is freakin' amazing and deserves all of the recognition it gets.

Duane and BrandO FTW!

Too bad Brandon was such a jerk and removed all the Youtube videos from their old TheAdventuresOfDnB channel. I still follow Duane's current stuff with "Action Adventure World".

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

765. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

Call me crazy, ( and some people will ) but I personally like Mega Man 4,5, and 6 better than 1,2 and 3. MM9 is my favorite and I do enjoy MM3, but MM2 is way too overated imo.

Mega Man 4 and 9 are my favorites. Mega Man 5 had good music but bad stage designs, and I never played Mega Man 6. Mega Man 3 was too bizarre for me to enjoy.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

766. Posted:

Sorry @ipancakez but you're just a tad crazy for thinking MM2 is overrated, but you're entitled to your opinion. I personally like MM6 quite a bit but I know I'm in the minority on that debate.

I really need to catch up on these comics. They're cheap and they look decent. I flipped through one and was entertained, and I've never read a comic book in my life.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

767. Posted:

The people who find MM2 overrated I guarantee weren't even alive or played it during it's release back in the late 80's to even realise just how amazing, epic and wonderful it was for it's time. MM3 if aything is a bit overrated....Plus what was the deal with the none fitting stages? Why was Shadow man's stage set in a Lava pit? Why was Top man chilling at a Green House? Back in the day, Snake man i felt was the coolest thing about it.

I love 2, 9 and even 1
3 was good, yet a dissapointment after playing 2, yet it improved in the controls department. (Faster Ladder climbing, quicker jumping)
4 was totaly Stale during it's release, to the point where i gave up on it after a couple of hours.
5 was just decent...The challenge was pratically ancient history, the stage design was pretty bland ect, the soundtrack was too spacey and mellow, and not exactly fitting for most of the stages.
8 was just 'ok'...I'd imagine it would of been a lot better if the music were completely different and more in tune with Mega's previous outings, if the strange, dismal & serious FMV cut scenes with the hialrious and annoying voice acting were axed, AND if Mega didn't shout "power Shot!" every 5 seconds during in-game.
10....It's got some Top class, devilishy tricky and polished level design, but i disliked everything else about it from it's all too serious depressing and darker tone, most of the Roboto masters, that grating RM Boss tune, the ho hum weapons, and the weak soundtrack among other things....Yet Solar man's track was super awesome, kind of like Heatman's music on heavy metal crack, and then there's Nitro's. While 'Pump's has grown on me. Yet my favorite thing about MM10 had of been the awesome Robot Master ART Contest that Capcom held online during the insane retro hype machine before MM10's release.. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

768. Posted:

Megaman is confirmed for Street Fighter X Tekken!!! Why he isn't confirmed for UMvC3 DLC I still won't understand but at least He's still playable. Look at his Dudebro awesomeness!! Capcom be trolling us Megaman fans :P
Untitled
Untitled

Mega Man
Middle Aged Hero!

Known as a Digger, a person who digs up relics from the past for research. He is a hot-tempered man, but has a strong sense of justice and is also very polite. His weak point is that he is easily rattled when backed into a corner. He is always running around in a hurry due to the demands of his partner Roll, and this time he's been asked to travel to Antarctica to retrieve a mysterious box.

I'll tell you what, Bad boxart Megaman seems more fitting in this game. Will purchase for the Vita, as Pacman looks awesome too. B-)

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

769. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I really need to catch up on these comics. They're cheap and they look decent. I flipped through one and was entertained, and I've never read a comic book in my life.

Heh heh, we'll convert you yet! :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Karakato

770. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

I do agree that Megaman 2 does get alot of praise... alittle more than it deserves, but I think it deserves it. It may not be my favorite( but still in my top 4), but it did give the Megaman series a big boost in recognition to become one of the most recognizable VG characters out there. I also think it was popular because of its approachable difficulty(in Normal mode) since the other games were rock hard.
Anyway, this is how I'd rank the series: 3 > 4 > MM&B > 2 > 9 > 1 > 8 > 6 > 5 > 7 >>>>>> PC trash

Also, I've been hearing alot of talk amongst the fans about a probable Megaman Reboot, and for my sake, I hope this is not to be... but if it were, then I'm sure they will use THIS Megaman. Call me crazy, but I want to continue the classic story arc. We already seen that Dr. Wily created Zero, so why can't we finish the current story arc first. Where in Megaman defeats and seals off Zero, gets replaced with X and everybody in the Classic series dying off to make way for the X series.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

771. Posted:

Forgive me for thinking the original cover art Mega Man was as ugly as he could get. What's that supposed to be? Seriously. Obese Man doesn't strike fear into anyone. That guy's getting picked last in gym.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

772. Posted:

smh its a joke.

also how is that dudebro?

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

773. Posted:

@Karakato

Did you play MM2 during it's release back in 88-89? You had to of been there during the time, it was a massive improvement over the already solid original and it had such a bright, cheery, colorful, distinct and up beat tone about it that was never to be seen again up until MM9. It reaked in the creativity department and in my opinion dished out the best themed stages, greatest robot masters and best music( The Weapon Power up tune, the Password music and Robot Master selection track alone were just amazing) and most memorable Bosses in Wily's Castle. If anything, i didn't like Crash & Metal man's stages plus the stages in Wily's Castle were kind of dull as well.

Although playing MM2 'now' especially after playing the sequals for a lot of Late Mega man bloomers is a different story. You really have to start at the beginning with MM1 and 'then' 2 to kind of get it. Yes, The MM series kind of evolved over the original in terms of controls giving Mega faster ladder climbing, the jumping was more quick, fluid and zippity and the boss battles were a bit more polished, but as far as music, stage design and the like goes it gradually wet downhill after 2(Although 2 was pretty good) for me up until 9 reared it's most radical head. :p

I'll never forget hitting up Bubble man's stage for the first time. MM2 during the time was a land mark in 8-bit chip tunes among other things during the time, and bubble man's tune for example perfectly suited those awesome aquatic waterfuls, blasting crabs and plunging deep into those bright spike filled sea pits hehe. I don't know, none of the MM's(up to 5 on the NES, never played 6) never had the same effect on me as 2 did.

2 > 9 > 1 > 3 > MM&B > 5 > 4 > 10 > 8

It's atually been quite a while since i've played 8. Wouldn't mind playing that one again to refresh my hazy memory. :p
6 and 7 have to come to the VC, there's no way I'm buying the carts since I'm afraid I'll end up disliking them.....Then again, i should be collecting the bloody carts to begin with. :p

Edit: Just watched a few video's on YouTube for MM8 and once again I"m reminded of the god awful depressing music, the hideous voice overs("Power Shot!" in-game), the Anime-look and the overuse of "slide, slide slide!" MM & Bass greatly improved on MM8. It ditched thos horrible FMV cutscenes, the music was more mega man-like, the bosses and especially Mega man never spoke and it ramped up the difficulty considerably. King's JET boss says hi! eek! :o

Yup, I hate Mega man 8. The music alone puts me in a depressing gloomy trance, too japanese, unfitting and weird. Here's an example....Skip to Frostman's actual stage.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

774. Posted:

And that's not Bad Box Art Mega Man. That's just some drugged out chunky bum wearing his costume. :p
Would of prefered to of seen the actual dork taken straight from the BoxArt.

Untitled

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

775. Posted:

Storm Eagle dubstep. Been listening to this track on repeat while playing Mega Man X. :P

Here's the original track for people who want it.

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

776. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Why does Mega Man sound like a Japanese schoolgirl? He's a boy, not a girl.

And those stage designs look horrible. Too much stuff going on, too much clutter.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

777. Posted:

Have you heard Dr. Light? He's even worse. LOL
And behold, thee' WORST Mega Man track in Classic Mega Man history.

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

778. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Have you heard Dr. Light? He's even worse. LOL
And behold, thee' WORST Mega Man track in Classic Mega Man history.

Your opinion isn't fact, you know? I don't think that song is nearly as bad as you're trying to make it out to be.

In my opinion, Needle Man has the worst stage music. I just don't think it sounds good at all.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

779. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

In my opinion, Needle Man has the worst stage music.

what a funny story, Mark

Granted, maybe you were just so amazed by Megaman 3's incredibly awesome soundtrack that the fact that a song in the game is just pretty good was such a betrayal that you hate the song forever. That would be acceptable logic.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

780. Posted:

We're 40 pages and a year and a half into this thread and haven't had any issues. Let's try to be civil. It's just an opinion and it doesn't affect your life in any significant way.

Speaking of a year and a half, it was about that much time between the releases of MM9 and MM10 and it's been almost two years since MM10 was release and no word on a MM11. Hopefully we hear something soon.

StuffyStuff