General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

Karakato

741. Posted:

I just want to point out that Megaman's 25th anniversary is coming up later this year and here's the logo Capcom hid in their sloppy MMX iphone release:
Untitled

Now the thing is, alot of fans have the perception that the Megaman franchise is Dead based on the fact that at least three big projects were canceled in a span of one year. I doubt that Megaman is dead. Yes, Capcom does show a lack of confidence in the blue bomber, and yes, it isn't a blockbuster compared to Monster hunter and Resident Evil, but the thing is, there is still a profitable market out there and Megaman 9&10 proved that Megaman can still be successful in this day and age, even if they were DL games. Now why am I still optimistic on the franchise's fate? Well I'll just have to wait and see what Capcom has in store for Megaman's 25th. I mean, The company knows how the audience feels about Capcom's current stand with the series, they even pointed it out in Ultimate MvC3:
Untitled

I'm certain that Capcom has something special and they never will say never, I guess. I may be wrong, or whatever, but thats my take and I will stand by it. I won't give up on Megaman yet, unless Capcom pulls a Crapcom later this year by not releasing any form of megaman title. If that is to happen, I will lose all hope on Gaming companies. PERIOD.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

742. Posted:

NEW MEGAMAN GAME
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

743. Posted:

@JumpMad That didn't work the first time you tried it. >:3

Edited on by TeeJay

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

744. Posted:

The next time we'll see Mega Man is probably in Super Smash Bros 4.
All I want is a MM11 - 100 and I'll be happy. :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

745. Posted:

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a Megaman 11 on release that features slick 2D sprites that animate fluidly, a story that connects the Classic series to the X series and similar physics to the retro titles? I mean, we already know that Dr. Wily created Zero, why not make a classic title that revolves on that plot. I'm also hoping for an option that would let you fight against or as all the past Robot masters from mm1-10 including mm&b(DLC or whatnot). That would be the ultimate treat.

Off course this is all wishful thinking...

EDIT
Not sure if worth a double post so... I've been playing through the Classics (1-10 including mm&b) and I've been thinking, Was Megaman 8 really that bad? Voice acting aside, I really find it to be enjoyable... even to rank it in the middle. Half the bosses were cool, There were alot of catchy tunes, and I'd say it plays better than 7. What do you guys think of the game?

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

746. Posted:

Karakato_001 wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a Megaman 11 on release that features slick 2D sprites that animate fluidly, a story that connects the Classic series to the X series and similar physics to the retro titles? I mean, we already know that Dr. Wily created Zero, why not make a classic title that revolves on that plot. I'm also hoping for an option that would let you fight against or as all the past Robot masters from mm1-10 including mm&b(DLC or whatnot). That would be the ultimate treat.

Off course this is all wishful thinking...

Capcom should just sell the Mega Man series to Inti Creates, cause they've done a better job with it over the past 10 years (Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX, Mega Man 9 and 10). Or just dump it on Keiji Inafune's door.

But your idea is pure gold! GOLD I TELL YOU! Pitch that idea to Capcom, maybe they'll go with it.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

747. Posted:

I just hope we get a new game for megaman's 25th anniversary. If we don't even get a poster or announcement of him in SSB 4 we know he's dead. I'm sure we'll see something cool later this year though.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

748. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just hope we get a new game for megaman's 25th anniversary. If we don't even get a poster or announcement of him in SSB 4 we know he's dead. I'm sure we'll see something cool later this year though.

Nintendo never mentioned the Metroid or Donkey Kong anniversaries, and those franchises are still around. DKC Returns was basically an anniversary game, even though Nintendo failed to mention it.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

749. Posted:

Karakato_001 wrote:

EDIT
Not sure if worth a double post so... I've been playing through the Classics (1-10 including mm&b) and I've been thinking, Was Megaman 8 really that bad? Voice acting aside, I really find it to be enjoyable... even to rank it in the middle. Half the bosses were cool, There were alot of catchy tunes, and I'd say it plays better than 7. What do you guys think of the game?

Megaman 7 remains my least favorite in the series followed by 8. The game plays well and the graphics aren't bad, but I found the levels to be dull and almost mazelike in certain situations ( cough astro man cough ). The music isn't my personal favorite but the boss battles were fun.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

750. Posted:

Guess I'll post this piece of awesomeness here. Bit Brigade playing the Mega Man 2 soundtrack while another dude plays through the game! I can't imagine the God complex I'd get with a kick ass band providing the music, and a crowd watching! Um, actually I guess I personally would run away and hide, let someone else do it. :P

Oh and how lovely. Not a peep out of Capcom about Mega Man anymore, trying to forget the Blue Bomber ever existed. :( You suck these days, Capcom.

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

751. Posted:

pretty sure the mega man comic id still going.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

752. Posted:

Oh god imagine how awkward it would be if he died in the game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Karakato

753. Posted:

Hey, are you guys in the mood for a megaman game? Well good news everybody, a new game has just been released...
... A fan made Flash game starring a gender swapped rockman! Rokko Chan!
Untitled
Untitled
Amazingly, aside from the fact that our blue bomber is a girl, it really seems convincing as a Classic title. You guys owe it to yourselves to try it out.
PLAY IT HERE!

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

754. Posted:

Bah, I Skeletor-scoff at fan made flash games. I don't care how good it is, it just aint' the real thing. :p

Anyways, which game do you guys find the toughest out of the 4 Zero games? I toyed around with Zero 2 for a while and that Snake Based Boss completely whooped my Proto tooshy. That battle seemed too complicated with the platform constantly moving around. The music however during that stage was flat out amazing. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

755. Posted:

@WaveBoy Heck, I'd take any quality fan game over the Starforce series any day, even if they are fake. At least they replicate some of the best of the Classic series. Hey, it doesn't hurt to try it out right? Just one little click and you're there.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

lonlon-milker

756. Posted:

Capcom is so dumb. They put mega man in a closet with every robot master ever, with no power ups or e-tanks and told him he could come out only when he could beat them all on one life. They are even getting bored with 1942. They release a game for online download every yar or so but they don't release a full game, but this a mega man thing so I might as well not talk about 1942. Anyway the blue bomber should make a comback on maybe a tablet so a new generation of gamers will know him as that awesome app that killed angry birds:)

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

AuthorMessage

Dezner

757. Posted:

@WaveBoy

Zero 1 was unrelenting, but Zero 2 and Zero 3 were still bitchin' hard. Zero 4 was by far the easiest but also had the best ending COUGH I'd say a toss-up between parts of 2 and 3 were the toughest. Also, no scoffing! Rokko Chan is really REALLY good for a fan game. DO IT! :o

Also a cool article popped up on TMMN, and was pretty fun to read. Looking forward to seeing more on the rest of the stages!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

758. Posted:

Untitled

MEGA MAN #13 "Spiritus ex Machina" Part One: Mega Man joins Dr. Light at the Advanced Robotics Trade Show to address the future of thinking machines. New faces abound – who are Drs. Cossack and Lalinde? What sinister forces lurk behind the scenes? Meanwhile, Dr. Wily searches for something to give him the edge deep in the forbidden Lanfront Ruins. All thisplusthe debut of RUSH! Script: Ian Flynn Art: Jonathan Hill, Gary Martin, John Workman and Matt Herms Cover: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante Villain Sketch VariantCover: Jonathan Hill Shipping Date: 4/25 On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 5/9 32-page, full color comic $2.99 US.

S

Edited on by shingi_70

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Dezner

759. Posted:

The variant cover for #13 is also pretty awesome, kind of like the variant for #9! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

760. Posted:

that looks nice. I'm on issue 6 currently. this looks like the only way to get amegaman fix in the foreseeable fut love how all the comments and ahorts are about where's protoman.

shingi_70