Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,455

ThePirateCaptain

StuffyStuff wrote:

@LordTendoboy - I can see the logic in that. Seeing that Zero originated from the X series, I can see where they would get the title from. I wonder if the Luigi's Mansion games are considered part of the "Mario" series. As you pointed out though, the title isn't "Super Mario's Luigi's Mansion."

Since this thread has been going on for so long, I can't remember what topics have been brought up, but if you were going to recommend a starting game, in any series, for a newcomer to play, which game would you suggest? Keep in my any series.

One of my personal favorite games is Mega Man 5 because it it so easy to pick up and play. Compared to the other games in the series it isn't that difficult but it's still a blast to play and i'd say it's probably the best choice if you're new to the series.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

StuffyStuff

@iPancakez - I totally agree. I played through 5 yesterday and that's what prompted the question. The music is good enough (Wave Man, Stone Man) to make you want to hear what the rest of the series has, the game isn't very difficult, but not so easy it's boring, and there are enough issues people won't notice when comparing the other games because that'll be their first and fondest game.

Sadly, the best intro to the X series is the first game. I say sadly because it's regarded as the best game in the series, generally speaking. I would rather someone have an entry into a series that isn't the most fun because it's all downhill from there, so to speak. It's difficult, but it's beatable. I beat it as an 8 year old. The rest of the games are significantly more difficult. I'm not saying the rest of the series is bad by suggesting it's downhill, but would anyone ever pick up another X game if you started with X6? Maybe, but I don't find myself wanting to play X6 even as a big fan of the series. X4 would be an alright starting point too.

StuffyStuff

Kingbuilder

@Stuffystuff - Don't forget Napalm Man and Charge Man. Those are my two favorite songs on Mega Man 5. In fact, Napalm Man is my favorite robot master theme as far as the 8-bit games go.

β€œThe revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

StuffyStuff

Kingbuilder wrote:

@Stuffystuff - Don't forget Napalm Man and Charge Man. Those are my two favorite songs on Mega Man 5. In fact, Napalm Man is my favorite robot master theme as far as the 8-bit games go.

Charge Man's theme is awfully calm for being on a train, but it's a good one. The Wily music is good too. I thought they checked when they did the same song on every Proto Man stage. Oh well. The whole soundtrack has a more relaxed feel than the other games, imo.

StuffyStuff

ThePirateCaptain

@stuffystuff
Gravity Man has an amazing track that I found myself humming the other day. I also think the really spacey track in Star Man's stage is great and Charge Man's is an instant classic.

ThePirateCaptain

Dezner

OMG! Rush!

Looking good, Archie! This "Quake Woman" hopefully will be just as hot or hotter than Splash Woman!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

shingi_70

Need to catch up on my Megaman comics.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Mega Man 5 is definitly a nice pick up and play experience, because it's so bloody easy, Punky Brooster breezy and relaxy' happy in tone.
It's also the most calming MM game I've ever played since each tune for the most part sports a mellow and soothing tone that completely chills you out weather you're cruising on a Jet Mobile in Wave Man's stage or blasting down Giant Cybernitic Chickens in Gyro's.

Still one of my least favorites in the series for being kind of uncreative, bland, Way too easy, boasting a weak selection of weapons, an unmemorable soundtrack(for the most part) and while 'calming' not having a diverse enough hard hitting up beat 'soundtrack' that captures each stages atmosphere. A few tracks do, but most are rather Shredder-Spacey and don't reach the heights of 2, 9, 1 and even 3 and 4. Yet I honestly never get Sick of Starman's music though, he's such a galactic bad ass. Anyways, I'm on complete rewind with my repetitive MM5 comments so I'll stop right here.

Oh and i wouldn't recommend MM5 at all as someone's 'first' 8-bit venture into Mega Man. I'd say start with the original and play them in order.
That way you'll appreciate the giant difference in quality regarding practically everything between 1 and 2. 1 is still an awesome game! One of my favorites in the franchise. Ice man's my boy!

Forget the tricky disapearing blocks, those unrpredictable annoying flying shooting platforms hovering over those 2 giant pits automatically makes this the toughest stage in the original.

Everytime someone mentions the platform part I cant help but think of Roham Mythril. Lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StuffyStuff

Everyone I try to get into the series complains it's too hard, so starting with the first game with people who aren't used to retro gaming or the series has been a bad idea in my experience. When MM9 came out, my friends came over to try and play it and they couldn't beat any level, not even Concrete Man's. At least it makes me look like an awesome gamer when they see I can blaze through Elec Man's stage and beat him Buster only. It's sad, but I feel like I have to treat people like scared pets and earn their trust to get them into the series.

StuffyStuff

KarrotMan

Hmm... No one will talk about Megaman 2 then? I guess I will then..
Mega Man 2
When the original Megaman came out, it introduced many mechanics that would make the game more playable than the other titles released at the same year. It was great, but it still had some rough edges in it. Megaman 2 took the first game's formula and added alot more flare into it to make one of the most popular MM games to date. Many regard this as the best game of the series, even without nostalgia goggles... but while I do enjoy it, it does have problems. First off, While it was awesome to plow through the eight bosses, the fortress stages felt somewhat dull, making it to be an anti climactic ending. Also, While I loved the metal blades, it was a game breaker for me, almost all enemies would get pawned and it lessens the challenge. That aside, Megaman 2 is still an above average game that is a fun and approachable game since it is relatively easy compared to its sequels.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

KarrotMan

^ Grahh! still haven't got to the second story arc yet Still waiting on the 2nd graphic novel compilation...

Also, Recently a video was posted about the current build of Megaman Legends 3 which aired in Japan 3 months before cancelation. What we could have had.
[youtube:Y6FnJ6tUZ00]

Normally, I should have gotten over the cancelation, but seeing this build prompts me to cry in agony some more. Well, There is only one thing I can do to fill the void... Woe is me

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Dezner

Awesome, just read MM#12 and the conclusion of the arc. There's an awesome little touch to the first page after the title that was pretty cool to see, and kind of gave a hint to an upcoming character!

Definitely not going to get another subscription from Archie, though. I'm tired of bent issues in the mail and would rather continue buying mint copies online from mycomicshop.com.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

shingi_70

Fell off the comic. At where time man and oilman are in. Either will read in trade or hope for a sale.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ThePirateCaptain

I haven't played Mega Man and Bass so I can't speak for it, but as far as the rest of the series goes:

Mega Man 7 - Not necessarily the hardest, but definitely the most frustrating. Turbo Man's stage. The practically mandatory Super Adaptor and homing shot. Doctor Wily's flippin' capsule is the hardest boss EVER.
Mega Man 10 - The robot masters seem to have a lot of health and can be hard to kill even with their weakness.
Mega Man 3 - The robot masters are quite challenging but the remix levels are the real killer. Easiest castle in the series though.
Mega Man 9 - MM9 and MM4 both have fairly balanced difficulty but I thought 9 was a tad harder.
Mega Man 4 - Challenging especially with a second castle.
Mega Man 2 - Almost the opposite of MM3, the levels are fairly easy but the castle is terrible.
Mega Man 1 - Not too bad aside from the platforms in Ice Man's stage and Yellow Devil who can be pause glitched.
Mega Man 8 - No energy tanks but the difficulty is scaled accordingly.
Mega Man 5 - Overpowered charge shot causes Buster only runs.
Mega Man 6 - Around the same as MM5 but the jet adaptor makes this even easier.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Mieu-Fire

my favorites are megaman x5 and x4 and the orginals 1-8 from wat i played i hated megaman x7 and command mission for game cube was fun but easy

MANGO

StuffyStuff

@Waveboy - Tell us how you really feel! Haha, just kidding. I like your passion. I don't have many gaming friends either. All of my friends play Madden and don't educate themselves in gaming, which I get. MM7 is actually pretty difficult in my mind. Wily is pretty tough, and some of the secrets are incredibly difficult to find, to the point where you have to look them up unless you're going to use Rush to farm all over each world. I always wanted to play it growing up, and once I got the Anniversary Collection, I wasn't impressed. I think what makes MM1 so difficult is Ice Man's stage, as mentioned, but the second Wily stage is pretty disorienting if you're being cautious, with those bombs that blow into four pieces ganging up on you quickly. Also, the final Wily stage has four RMs in a row and you can't take much damage, and if you die, you have to fight them all over again. The RMs in MM10 are harder than MM9, imo as well. Nitro Man and Solar Man are annoying.

@mieu-fire - You're a trooper if X5 is a favorite. That was the first PSX game in the series I played and I got frustrated with it. It still frustrates me. X4 is the best of the games not on the SNES, again imo.

StuffyStuff

LyIa

Ah, MMX... I got the PSP version, brings back tons of memories. My fave was probably X5/X6/X8

Scrafty wrote:

My favorite game of the original series is MM4, but I think I'm the only person here who LOVES the Battle Network series.

Are you kidding? BN was AWESOME!

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings πŸ‘‘

ThePirateCaptain

Am I the only one to think that the only positive things to come out of MM8 were the stage select and FrostMan themes?

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry, this topic has been locked.