General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,574

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

721. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Why is the actual copy of Mega Man 5 so expensive? Is it more rare than 6?

Because 5 is a far better game?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

722. Posted:

Well I finally got around to downloading Mega Man on the 3DS VC and all I can say is wow....... what a disappointment. I played all four robot masters stages and I have found that this is going to be one of those games that will annoy me to the point that I will want to throw my 3DS into a wall. This game is insanely difficult. First off you take waaaay to much damage from normal enemies it seems that each hit takes a quarter of your life. A QUARTER!!!! Yeah four hits and your dead. Not only that but no matter where you die in a level they always start you back at the beginning of the level at mid way or whatever like the NES Megamans. I am seriously disappointed by this game. I probably wont DL another Megaman on the 3DS until MMV. To me this insanely hard version of Megaman is just not worth it. I never though I would say this about an old Megaman game but I am sorry I wasted the money on this one.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

723. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well I finally got around to downloading Mega Man on the 3DS VC and all I can say is wow....... what a disappointment. I played all four robot masters stages and I have found that this is going to be one of those games that will annoy me to the point that I will want to throw my 3DS into a wall. This game is insanely difficult. First off you take waaaay to much damage from normal enemies it seems that each hit takes a quarter of your life. A QUARTER!!!! Yeah four hits and your dead. Not only that but no matter where you die in a level they always start you back at the beginning of the level at mid way or whatever like the NES Megamans. I am seriously disappointed by this game. I probably wont DL another Megaman on the 3DS until MMV. To me this insanely hard version of Megaman is just not worth it. I never though I would say this about an old Megaman game but I am sorry I wasted the money on this one.

Protip: You gotta abuse the save function.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Dezner

724. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I can understand your frustration, but don't miss out on MM III and IV if they ever get released. They're perfectly fine Mega Man games! :o

...Now if you skip MMII...I can kind of understand that.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Link245

725. Posted:

Well, I was really looking forward to playing Mega Man Legends 3 on my 3DS. Never played a Mega Man Legends game before but I was looking forward to any Mega Man on 3DS. Then Capcom killed it. :(

I was also really looking forward to Mega Man Universe as well. I mean, a remake of Mega Man 2 with user-made levels where you can play as a bunch of different Mega Men and Ryu is awesome, right? Until they cancelled it.

I was sort of mad Mega Man wasn't in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but Zero is getting a downloadable skin in UMVC3, which allows you to play as Mega Man with Zero's moveset.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

726. Posted:

Thinking of picking up the Megaman DS. Collection. Anyone here have it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Dezner

727. Posted:

The Mega Man Zero DS Collection? I have it and the originals on GBA. Awesome 4-game series! :o

Hard as nails though...but worth it!

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

728. Posted:

I have it too. Definitely a good buy.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

729. Posted:

I had no idea the Zero Collection was out. Haven't seen it anywhere.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

730. Posted:

MM on the GB is indeed way too brutal. Elec Man's stage is beyond frustrating, and Cut Man's stage just has too much going on in too little of space. Somehow MMII managed to be worse. III-V are good and look like black and white NES games.

I'm curious to see if all five GB games get released, since Capcom's lame reasoning for not releasing Mega Man Mania was that they lost all the coding or something and couldn't reproduce the games.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

731. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

MM on the GB is indeed way too brutal. Elec Man's stage is beyond frustrating, and Cut Man's stage just has too much going on in too little of space. Somehow MMII managed to be worse. III-V are good and look like black and white NES games.

I'm curious to see if all five GB games get released, since Capcom's lame reasoning for not releasing Mega Man Mania was that they lost all the coding or something and couldn't reproduce the games.

Where did you hear that?

Are the other MM Game Boy games more faithful to the NES games? Are the stages less cramped and the sprites smaller?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

732. Posted:

@Tendoboy1984: That was the excuse Capcom made when a collection of the Gameboy Megaman games called Mega Man Mania was cancelled. It was I believe going to be on the GBA and was like the Megaman Anniversary collection but as I said it was all the Gameboy games.

@StuffyStuff: Yeah brutal is a good way to put it. I love the olde Megaman games on the NES so I figured I would download that one on my 3DS. As I said it was a disappointment. I think I tried it for an hour before getting aggravated at it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

733. Posted:

Dr. Wily's Revenge is the worst Mega Man game I have ever played ever. I would rather watch paint dry. >.>

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

734. Posted:

I don't think I ever beat Wily's Revenge. I played it for a few hours and couldn't beat it. I don't let games get to me like they did when I was younger, but that one got me pretty angry. Getting to the top of Elec Man's stage with those fans blowing is enough to drive someone mad. I keep it as part of my Mega Man collection of games. It appears that MMV is continuing to go up in price. There's a JP import for 12 on Ebay. My GBA plays the Japanese games, so you may want to look into that, @Tasuki.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

735. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Dr. Wily's Revenge is the worst Mega Man game I have ever played ever. I would rather watch paint dry. >.>

I look at Wily's Revenge as a wonky & quirky first GameBoy Mega Man effort which it is, but i still enjoyed it regardless. :)
And i like a challenge, which it gave me. Plus the introduction of Enker was pretty awesome and it easily hands down had one of the greatest Wily battles in the classic franchise if you ask me.

Wily's Revenge is far from the worse Mega Man game I've ever played. That honor would go to....

Mega Man ZX
possibly one of my worst and most depressing gaming moments for me in mega history.lol I think part of that was because i was going through a pretty depressing time in my life for a few months and 'this' was one of the games along with MMX6 that i chose to fire up. I guarantee i wouldn't be so hard on the two if it weren't for own problems haha. :p ZX still had some agravating tunes, boring exploration and a horrible map....

MMX6
Irritating, rushed, sloppy, frustrating and boring it tis! Seriously though i played this in the X collection for the GCN. Bad idea because the GCN makes for one horrible Mega Man controller. Dashing with those push sensitive back buttons felt awful, and using the analog to control Mega was even worse....I still haven't experienced MMX2 or X3 though. Those will be hitting the VC, so I'm in good hands hehe.

MMX5.
Good lord, this is where the X series got incredibly Science fictiony, far too Anime-fied and TOO serious for my liking. I grew tired of this one back on the PSX. X4 on the other hand was the better game, at least it was fun! :p But even so X4 isn't exactly one of my favorites either. still beats the pants off of 5 and 6. And knowing me I'll never get around to playing X7 and X8. They look awful, and besides i'm just not a big fan of the X series in general.

MM Legends

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

736. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

MM Legends

horrible person

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

737. Posted:

MM legends was decent for it's time. Besides voice acting it holds up surprisingly well,IMO.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

738. Posted:

The transition to 3D was wonky....Or just 'different' over all. Based on what I played i wouldn't say it's horrible by any means, just not one of my favorites of the bunch. But I'd still take it over ZX or X6 any day of the weekOrama.

There's also, ZX Advent which i haven't played...And I'm not too sure i want to. I like traditional Classic Mega Man, with maybe sprinklets of early SNES X and Zero thrown in to spice things up. I'm still waiting for Capcom to release 6 and 7 on the Wii's VC. In the mean time, the next Mega Man games i'll most likely end up playing are X2 whenever available on the VC soon and Mega Man Zero 2 for the GBA. B-)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

739. Posted:

Get crackin' on MMZ2, boy! You must get to the end of MMZ4 and tell me what you think! :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

740. Posted:

Reading Megaman on my new tablet.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70