Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,455

Kingbuilder

StuffyStuff wrote:

X is a great game, Kingbuilder. It flows so much differently than the NES games. There's no stiff transitioning from one section of the level to the next. The levels are huge as well. The Storm Eagle and Launch Octopus stages are good examples of how massive X is compared to MM. Super Mario World took what worked well on the NES and upgraded everything, and MMX does the same thing.

Just got it. Mind = Blown! This game is soooo good. The grittier, edgier, hipster-tastic view on the Mega Man franchise is right up my alley and makes me regret not having played it sooner. :

Also...

[youtube:u_Ft2niUeCU]
Best song and most eargasm-inducing song in the game imo.

Oh, and to everyone dissing on my opinions of MM5; you guys can gtfo. Why don't we drop the whole elitist perspective on the series since they are all pretty fantastic and have their own merits and faults respectively.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Kingbuilder

What do you Mega-Fans think about the other X games? I just got the original and I'm loving it so much. Just need to know some of the other great games in the series.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

What do you Mega-Fans think about the other X games? I just got the original and I'm loving it so much. Just need to know some of the other great games in the series.

There are none. The first was the only truly great one. The rest range from good to horrible. Some people seem to think X2 was great, but I don't see how.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TeeJay

I've played the other SNES Megaman X games, but I still like the original best. The only non-SNES Megaman X game I've played was Megaman X4 for the Playstation, and...well...I loved it. n_n Although I still like the original best, and to this day I still play it over and over and love it each and every time.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

StuffyStuff

I personally think X3 is great. I like all of the different mech armors and the bosses are pretty difficult. I haven't played X7 and X8 so I have nothing to say about them, but X6 is probably the worst one of the group. The level design is frustrating and the names of the bosses are beyond weird. I've played the game about five times and couldn't tell you any of the boss names. I think X6 is the game where there's a dung beetle for a boss.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

So are you guys stoked about the news of the Gameboy Megaman series coming to the 3DS VC? Personally I never liked the GB versions except for Megaman V cause to me they just seemed like water down versions of the NES games. I might pick them up though just to say I have them once I get a 3DS after all it will be nice to say I have all the original series Megaman games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kingbuilder

WaveBoy wrote:

Also Storm Eagle has the best RM track thus far

Come at me, bro.

TeeJay

Hey Waveboy, did you know you can cut off Launch Octopus' arms with 3 shots of the boomerang? And his weakness is the rolling shield, if that helps. Also:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/159550

I'd have to say my favorite boss is Storm Eagle, just because he's cool like that. And my favorite stage is Spark Mandrill's stage. I love the blackouts, the mini boss, and those enemies that zip at you in the darkness.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Retro_on_theGo

The only Megaman X games I've ever played are x4, x7, and x8. x4 best Megaman X game hands down. (i've only seen videos of the original megamanX so I might change my opinion when I play it.) I remember playing megaman x4 a lot. Must have beaten it at least 5-10 times. Probably beat x7 at least 10-12 times.(Now that I go back and play I can't believe I did that.) x8 5-8 times. That should have been the first 3D megamanX game. The X series was my introduction into Megaman. What a great world it led me into. I got to say I absolutely LOVE the original 8-bit Megaman games much more then MegamanX. Love the MegamanZero series too. (getting really frustrated with Zero2 though.) Hope we get some compilation of Megaman 1-10 with a bonus 11 on 3DSware and all other online shops some day. Maybe x-x4 too.

StuffyStuff

@Tasuki - It's cool that the classic GB games, at least one of them, is being released. I have all five so I don't have a use for it, but it's still nice to see. I personally like III-V. I think they are comprable to the NES versions, just smaller and more congested, but given the small screen, that's expected. The first two, however, suck. MMII is so bad I've actually only played it once, finished it with no problem and put it away.

And Spark Mandrill has the best track in MMX

StuffyStuff

MegaStoneSmash91

WaveBoy wrote:

But yup! I just finished MMX Last night....4 hours straight....ugh, after the 2 hour mark my eyes went gooey, and i forced myself to finish it in one sitting. Never will i game for 4 hours again, and no more than 2 1/2. I don't know how people do it, mind you i never took a break. My eyes went into a goopy altered megafied state.

Anyways, great game obviously. But be warned, don't try and get X's Armor early on in the game....As it makes the 8 robot masters ridiculousl easy to finish off with your buster, not to mention it makes the stages a pure breeze. Having that armor which reduces 50 percent damage makes you careless, makes the game easier, less intense and defeats the purpose of mastering patterns. My advice? Get it once you beat the 8 robot masters. I got it after beating 7, leaving me with Launch Octopus which imo is the hardest RM in the game. But I wish i would of gotten it after beating him, because with the armo the fight felt ridiculously easy and careless. X is just too strong with it....But It is needed when you hit up Sigma's stages. The bosses do more damage so be prepared.

But ya....what was the deal with X's helmot upgrade? I never even used it.....I saw a couple of rocks in one stage that were covering a heart upgrade, but you can just use your boomerang weapon to snatch it. lol So what's the point is what I'm saying?
Also, i never got that one heart in Sting Chameleions stage, you know that one in that wide pit where you have to make some crazy leap to get it which is impossible....How in the hell were you supposed to get that one!?

Anyways, again not a fan of the X series but the original is an exception. Brings back some crazy memories, but i still totaly prefer MM2 and MM9.

and what else.... Oh ya, I couldn't believe how much of a wuss Vile was once he was out of his War Machine. You'd think he'd put up a better fight. I mean he's pretty quick, but weak.

Actually, the 8 bosses in the X series games aren't called Robot Masters, but Mavericks. Also, I don't consider Launch Octopus to be too difficult unless you fight him before you collect a few things (I think the hardest Maverick to beat is Sting Chameleon without having the Boomerang Cutter). Choosing his stage first is obviously a bad idea, so you should go there after collecting a few Heart Tanks, the Dash boots, and even the Rolling Shield if you want to make it even easier. You don't even need to have the Armor, you only need the things I listed and your X Buster. Oh, and I've never once been caught in his Energy Drain vortex, even when I first played it. As long as you can dash you should never get caught in it.

You're right to question the value of the Helmet Upgrade, as it isn't used for much. It's main uses are getting occasional small amounts of energy hidden above breakable blocks and getting the Buster Upgrade in Flame Mammoth's stage. Other than that, it has no purpose.

And that Heart Tank in Sting Chameleon's stage? After defeating Launch Octopus, some deep areas in the stage get filled with water, including the one with the Heart. A dash jump using the buoyancy of the water will allow you to reach it. Then simply do another dash jump through the water to get back.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

So have any of you guys picked up Megaman 5 for the NES today? Since I have it on the GC Collection (Yes I know the buttons are backwards) I figure I dont need this one right now. Besides right now I am saving up for the Phoenix Wright games on Wiiware.

My Backlog

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways, where's the love for Mega Man 5!?
It was just released on the Wii's VC yesterday!!!
Once I'm done plowing through a few 3DS games, I'm going to give it a go. I haven't played MM5 since the early 90's when I was around 8.
Hopefully it will get rid of that mediocre awful taste that MM4 'the letdown' left me after playing the superior MM3, even though 3 isn't even one of my favorites. Yet I remember enjoying MM5 more than any MM sequal on the NES aside from 2....2 as we all know is just amazing, or it was especially at the time.

Untitled

Personally I liked 4 better than 5. As I stated so many times in this thread 5 was soooo bland compared to the others.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

I'm not sure if you can call Wave Man's stage a true water stage since you never actually get in the water. Like Tasuki said, this is a revolving conversation, but 4 is better than 5 imo in every way. The Proto castle bosses are all the same pretty much. It's like they couldn't think of anything cool to put in his castle.

Anyway, has anyone heard of a new Mega Man title coming out anytime soon? I know Legends 3 has been out there for a while and I think I heard it might be on the 3DS, but is there a new X title, Mega Man 11, anything of that nature? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the series take a stab at a FPS and making it more like an adventure game like Legends. I think it would be cool to see 8 robot masters it massive worlds to explore, all of the worlds being "connected" , not the classic pick and choose your boss format, with modern graphics and all of that. I might get some harsh criticism for the suggestion, but I still would like your thoughts anyway

Edited on by StuffyStuff

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

StuffyStuff wrote:

I'm not sure if you can call Wave Man's stage a true water stage since you never actually get in the water. Like Tasuki said, this is a revolving conversation, but 4 is better than 5 imo in every way. The Proto castle bosses are all the same pretty much. It's like they couldn't think of anything cool to put in his castle.

Anyway, has anyone heard of a new Mega Man title coming out anytime soon? I know Legends 3 has been out there for a while and I think I heard it might be on the 3DS, but is there a new X title, Mega Man 11, anything of that nature? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the series take a stab at a FPS and making it more like an adventure game like Legends. I think it would be cool to see 8 robot masters it massive worlds to explore, all of the worlds being "connected" , not the classic pick and choose your boss format, with modern graphics and all of that. I might get some harsh criticism for the suggestion, but I still would like your thoughts anyway

I think that the reason for Waveman's stage not being a underwater stage is explained in his name, *WAVE*man. Waves appear on the top of the water not under. If you look at all the past "water" robot masters Bubbleman, and Diveman for example their names imply underwater. You "dive" to go under the water and you blow "bubbles" under the water, but thats just my thoughts on it. It could be that they just didnt want to do an underwater stage who knows.

@StuffyStuff: I have not heard of any new Megaman games. I think I heard one was canceled but I cant remember right now. I havent heard of a Megaman 11 coming out on Wiiware or what. The only Megaman related news I have heard is that Megaman on Gameboy is supposedly going to come the the 3DS VC.

ANd yes I can see a FPS Megaman game something like the newer Metroid games with the HUD and everything. I know that Capcom isnt a stranger to shooter games look at like the RE series but I think it might just be that they are afraid to change the format of Megaman so drastically all at once. After all the formula for Megaman is what made the games so famous in the first place.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

I think the Prime series was the best thing to happen to Metroid. I somewhat liked the side scrollers, but my favorite games on both the GCN and Wii have been the Prime games. I believe there are enough Mega Man games out there to merit a new twist on things. They could carbon copy Prime and replace the metroids with mets and I'd be just fine with that. Some master weapons are used for exploring new areas or are the only means of accessing certain items (Crash Bombs and Spin Wheel, for examples) so exploration and puzzling elements would be easy to incorporate into a Prime-esque style of gaming.

StuffyStuff

Sorry, this topic has been locked.