Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,455

Tasuki

@StuffyStuff: I heard awhile ago that there was a comic book in the works didnt know if it fell through or what. Glad to see that it didnt fall through.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kid_A

Being the young, naive gamer that I am, I had never played Mega Man II before today. It's always referred to as one of the all time greats, so I gave it a download today on the old VC.

Wowy-kablowy. This game is awesome.

My only other Mega Man experience was with Mega Man 9, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and this is already better. I haven't actually beaten any of the stages yet (I like to test run through all of them a couple of times so I get a feel of where my skill level is at) but I'm already blown away by the great level design, charming visuals and oustanding soundtrack. What's so great about these levels as opposed to those of 9, is that they really feel like mini-epics. Little journeys. Splash Man has you starting out on a rocky waterfall, then you slowly descend into the water itself, then you work your way back up again. 9 had great levels, but each screen felt like a self contained challenge that just happened to share a backdrop with the other screens in that stage. There's a real cohesiveness here in II that I just love.

Sorry to n00b up your fan thread here, but with my newfound appreciation for II, Mega Man X just released on the Virtual Console and all the other Mega Man games already available on the service, it might not be too long before I start joining you guys here regularly

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CanisWolfred

Glad you've finally come to appreciate Mega Man 2, Kid_A. It truly is a great game, best described in your own words. Welcome to the club.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kid_A

Thanks Mickeymac. How different is Mega Man X from the NES games? From what I've read and seen it just looks like it's a bit darker and there's more moves to learn, like wall jumping. Other than that is it structurally similar?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Tasuki

@Kid_A: Welcome to the club . Its good to hear such positive thoughts from someone who started with a Megaman game other than 2 or 3. For me Megaman 3 is slightly better but thats cause MM3 was the first Megaman game I played so it holds a speical place for me. Megaman 2 is one of the best of the series and as you found out for yourself it has one of the best soundtracks in the series.

As far as Megaman X goes the gameplay is pretty much the same as the original series there are some differences like having a wall jump and upgrading your life bar but otherwise its the same concept.

My Backlog

TKOWL

Have any of you guys played Megaman: Network Transmission on GCN before? It was a mostly overlooked part of the Battle Network saga, even though it played like the classic games while integrating the BN formula into it. A great game, but I'm nowhere near done due to that massive difficulty spike that is Gutsman. I swear, he's on steroids in this game.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Dragoon Trainer: Unfortunately I have never played and of the Battle Network games so I cant really help you Dragoon Trainer. The only thing I can suggest is maybe check on Gamefaqs.com.

My Backlog

turtlelink

Dragoon Trainer wrote:

Have any of you guys played Megaman: Network Transmission on GCN before? It was a mostly overlooked part of the Battle Network saga, even though it played like the classic games while integrating the BN formula into it. A great game, but I'm nowhere near done due to that massive difficulty spike that is Gutsman. I swear, he's on steroids in this game.

That game was haaard. Fire/Heat/Flame/Hot Man was ridiculous.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

Dragoon Trainer wrote:

We could never get past Gutsman. I bought it 3 times and sold it every time I got to him. It wasn't particularly good anyways, IMO. The MegaBuster is useless, and getting the chips at random just does not work with this kind of game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SpicyDuck

The megaman X 1,2 &3 were probably some of my favorite games on the Snes, I bought the collection for the ps2 and I play them regulary for the snes as well. As you can tell by my avatar, I was also a pretty big fan of the nes ones as well, I didn't own the games for the nes but I've played them before so I bought collection for the gamecube as well.

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm dieeeeinggggg for MM5 to get a release date announcement already. How long do you guys think it will take to hit NA?

Who knows really. My guess going with their patterns of releaseing MM games to NA VC I am thinking probably fall but really thats just a guess. Untill than I will just play MM5 on the AC.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

When MM9 came out, I made Concrete Man's song my alarm. A funky way to start the day.

StuffyStuff

Kingbuilder

Mickeymac wrote:

Ugh, I can't stand Napalm Man's song.

You hold a grudge against Napalm Man and his epic design/music or something? >=P

WaveBoy wrote:

5 definitly felt the most intune with 2 out of the 6 nes titles even though that's kind of stretching things a bit.

Nah, I don't think that's stretching it at all. MM5 was definitely up there with some of the best Mega Man music of the bunch imo.

Anyway, I've been badly wanting to play Mega Man X lately. I've been watching gameplay trailers of it and reading reviews of how good it is, etc... and it looks fantastic. I've never played an MMX game before, and I guess that the first would be a great entry to the series, but alas I have no money. Ah well, guess I'll wait until I get a few bucks so I can get it... D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

StuffyStuff

X is a great game, Kingbuilder. It flows so much differently than the NES games. There's no stiff transitioning from one section of the level to the next. The levels are huge as well. The Storm Eagle and Launch Octopus stages are good examples of how massive X is compared to MM. Super Mario World took what worked well on the NES and upgraded everything, and MMX does the same thing.

StuffyStuff

Kingbuilder

WaveBoy wrote:

5 definitly felt the most intune with 2 out of the 6 nes titles even though that's kind of stretching things a bit. Anyways, I'm dieeeeinggggg for MM5 to get a release date announcement already.

WaveBoy wrote:

Yikes, Napahlm man's track really does suck, but the same thing could be said about most of the other generic 'spacey' high pitched tunes in MM5. It's a mediocre score for sure..... 5's score completely lacks diversity and variety, a lot of it sounds the same with it's high pitched melow beats. Hell most of the music sounds fitting for a space themed stage.

Napahlms track in NO way sounds fitting for a jungle stage....
Wood man's however nailed it out of the freakin' ball park....Concrete's was pretty solid as well.

Sounds like somebodies about to take off in a Space Shuttle, the rest just sounds spacey.

Are these 2 completely different people or something? One of them is praising MM5 and claiming how in tune it is, while stating how much they want it released for the VC whereas the other is bashing it to oblivion calling it's music score spacey and saying it's not 'classic' enough for their standards.

If you're going to attempt to portray your opinion at least try to do it in the least contradictory way possible and try not to bash other's opinions while you're doing it... kthxbai

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

MegaStoneSmash91

I agree with WaveBoy about Mega Man 5 having a weak soundtrack. There are some tunes that are somewhat hard to remember and they sound very similar, such as these:

(And WaveBoy, I can't help but think that you were confusing Concrete Man with Stone Man in your previous posts)
[youtube:Y_yvkS5qpsY&feature=related]
[youtube:358aZ-eukTE&feature=related]

They all seem to use the same chiptune sound as the main instrument, and they don't really seem to fit with their stage (except maybe Charge Man's, but not much). Naplam Man and Gyro Man are also guilty of having similar sounding themes when compared with the others, but Gyro's fits with his stage more than Napalm's does. Even the Complete Works remixes of the songs don't seem to sound very different, and, for the most part, share the same blandness as the 8-bit tunes. Most of the music from Mega Man 5 also seems to be very slow in speed, and is therefore not as fun to listen to as the speedier, more catchy songs from Mega Man 2. The music in 5 just seems like background noise that is there because there has to be music in the stages, and I tend to focus on the game a lot more than the music. Mega Man 6 on the other hand, has a diverse soundtrack with very appropriate sounding tunes for the stages. It almost feels like Mega Man 2 in a way, which also has very appropriate themes for it's stages.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

Yeah, Charge Man's song isn't too bad, but like I said, it sounds too much like the other songs. It is one of the more appropriate themes in terms of its sound in relation to the stage, but not by a lot.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Sorry, this topic has been locked.