General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 481 to 500 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

481. Posted:

I've seen many requests for a Rainbow Man, but I've never understood why. What color would Mega Man turn when you obtain his weapon? What would the weapon be? The one that was drawn for the MM6 contest looked awful haha. Maybe that put a bad taste in my mouth about a Rainbow Man.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

482. Posted:

Untitled

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

483. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I've seen many requests for a Rainbow Man, but I've never understood why. What color would Mega Man turn when you obtain his weapon? What would the weapon be? The one that was drawn for the MM6 contest looked awful haha. Maybe that put a bad taste in my mouth about a Rainbow Man.

A bit of trivia for you. One of the possible American names for Rockman was Rainbow Man.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

484. Posted:

@Tasuki - I've heard that before, but I think that makes more sense for him collectively since when he changes to so many different colors once weapons are obtained. I mean for a singular weapon. The most colors he has been is like three I think. It would be kinda cool to see him with a crazy color scheme.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

485. Posted:

Yeah I would love to see him in with some crazy tie-dye color scheme for a weapon lol. From what I remember reading is the reason they wanted to call him Rainbow Man was because a Rainbow has 7 colors and he had 7 weapons originally. Arm Cannon, Cut Blade, Super Arm, Ice Slasher, Fire, Elec Beam, and Bombs.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

486. Posted:

I decided to download the original Mega Man on the VC as one of the games I was going to play for this Christmas yesterday and well....It just aint' as great as I remember it being. If I were to take off my spiffy galactic Nostalgia shades than I'd realise that the original Mega Man isn't one of the greats perse' and isn't one of my favorites. Yes, it layed down the ground work for Mega Man, but the level design is incredibly ugly, bland and unimaginitive. The entire game is so bloody mechanical and is it me or does this game look alittle sharp? Maybe the 'high resolution' logo on the original Nes BOX art was true after all.lol Capcom basically sharpened up the graphics, which imo looks a bit worse.

Anyways, Wily's Fortress was easily the best thing about the game along with tricky little fun battle against Ice man. Yet everybody moans and whines that the Yellow Devil is hard as hell...And I completely disagree, he's insanely easy! There's just one little tricky jump you have to remember when two of his bottom parts come shooting towards you which requires some quick jumping. Anyways, this easily has to be the 'easiest' MM games period. And the final battle against Wily was laughably easy. And ooooo, I hate the look of Elec man's stage along with his annoying theme song! :p

If anything, the only thing in the game that gave me trouble was that part in Ice Man's stage where you have to hop on top of those shooting platforms with the eye balls. Not to mention fighting that Mega Man Clone was pretty intense!

But overall, the experience felt so empty, bland, too mechanical, unimaginitive, lacking in color and not quite as fun as I remembered it to be. MM2 is such a MASSIVE improvement it's not even funny. Anyways, MM is still a classic......but ugh. 2 and 9 are still my favorites. And i played a bit of MM10 for kicks, and everytime I do it keeps on reminding me why I always keep deleting it off my Wii menu.lol Yes the game has great level design for the most part and offers some radical challenge, but good lord...I can't stand most of the soundtrack, it's incredibly weak. The Boss theme is absolutely the worst MM Boss theme in exsistense and everytime I hear it I just want to turn the game off.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

487. Posted:

^Glad you now see it for what it is Waveboy.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

488. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

^Glad you now see it for what it is Waveboy.

Ya, no kidding. :p
I ended up deleting it off my Wii, along with 4 and 10 and even 3. :p
I've got 2 and 9 on there and they're not going anywhere.lol Hopefully 5 and 7 will be keepers once they hit the VC....Yet I doubt 6 will be.

And here it is, the worst MM Boss theme ever created, and if you don't agree than you've got too much mega poop jammed in your ears.lol Then again, the Boss theme in the original is pretty horrid as well.

And I actually don't mind the very beginning of it, but the rest of it starting at 0:07 just irks me. And I definitly agree with one of the users on YouTube in which he says >

"Seems to give off the sad aura that surrounds these bosses: they're only fighting because their infection has made them insane."

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

489. Posted:

^I have to agree, That boss music is not pleasant. The Ones in MM1, 7, 8, and 9 are more intense, though still annoying. The ones in 5 and 6 are good, though not quite appropriate. Mega Man 2 and 3 still have the best boss tunes in the main series IMO. I like the one in Mega Man X the most overall, though, but that may just be nostalgia:

MMX6, 7, and 8 also have great boss tunes. I also like the ones in Mega Man Zero 4 and ZX, but again, nostalgia.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

490. Posted:

I've always liked the MM10 Boss theme. The intro riff is the best part. Maybe you guys should try listening to the arranged version:

Unfortunately, the intro doesn't sound nearly as cool in this version, but the rest of the song does. Go figure.

And technically there has already been a Rainbow Man created for the fan game: Mega Man Unlimited. Take a look:

This footage is early on in the game's development, before Mega Man 10's release. The name was changed to Mega Man Unlimited after MM10 came out. I haven't really been paying attention to this (since it's a fan game) so I don't know how far it has come since this footage was released. Point is, there is already a Rainbow Man, but since it's not really an official game I don't see why there can't be a Rainbow Man in Mega Man 11.

Beep.
That is all.
3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985
Nintendo Network ID: Same as my NL username

AuthorMessage

Dezner

491. Posted:

Haha, Rainbow Man. Weird looking guy! :p

In other news, WaveBoy is my 2010 Nintendo Life winner for Biggest Mega Man Fan, for he is able to actually criticize and critique aspects of the series that I as a huge fan am not able to admit to! Congrats, man! :D

Also, with my new PS3, I am thinking of buying Mega Man 9 & 10 for a THIRD time! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

492. Posted:

/sigh rainbow man uses more than 4 colors.....that's...well...not allowed.

It always amazes me how these fan projects either miss or ignore those little things that make these games look truly authentic.

@Dez - there's nothing to criticize :) I have never used a 2d platforming system that's as pitch-pefect as megaman's. It's perfect.

While I must agree that the boss theme is one of the weaker themes in the game (most of the soundtrack is quite good--on par with 9's and 5's imo) the fact that this game actually had some challenging bosses really made up for the theme's lack of notariety. I still can't beat 3 bosses on Hard trial without taking damage with peashooter....

The endless stage theme is glorious. I've probably heard it on loop for close to 15 hours now. (Still haven't cleared 1000 screens.... :( )

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. Link to follow once I resurrect my dead website. - www.facebook.com/vintgames

AuthorMessage

Karakato

493. Posted:

Just got MM9 for the PSN and I've got to say, it made me a megaman fan... again. But anyway, I just want to ask you guys this:
Is there any stage that is possible to beat without using weapons?
When I finish this game, I'd think about getting MM10 so how would you guys rank it among the series( sorry if brouht up before )?
Have you guys ever heard of these Three Non-Canon Megaman Games ? I've played them all before and you all must stay far far away from them. The first two had Sloppy physics and the graphics were ugly as sin. The third on while somewhat decent, just felt too empty and left a blank expression in my mind since the whole experience was short and easy for a megaman game, not worth buying a Wonderswan( japan only ) alone. The only reason why I played them was for the Robot masters alone, For me, the Robot masters is what I like best about the Classic, aside from the gameplay and soundtrack.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

494. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Haha, Rainbow Man. Weird looking guy! :p

In other news, WaveBoy is my 2010 Nintendo Life winner for Biggest Mega Man Fan, for he is able to actually criticize and critique aspects of the series that I as a huge fan am not able to admit to! Congrats, man! :D

Also, with my new PS3, I am thinking of buying Mega Man 9 & 10 for a THIRD time! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!! :o

Thank you, thank you no autographs please! :p hehe.
Nah but really, it doesn't matter how much I adore and love a franchise. Weather it's Mario, Mega Man or Resident Evil I admit to what I like and dislike or just how I feel about them in general. But anybody who bashes MM2 and MM9 will get a mega kicking.lol Those 2 games to me are Mega Man perfection.....If there was one tiny little thing I didn't like about MM9 it had to of been the Bosses in Dr.Wily's Castle...Don't get me wrong, they were alright. But no where near as awesome as the giant green scary dragon that spooked the hell out our 5 year old selves back in the NES days when he randomly appeared out of nowhere while you had to hop from block to block while avoiding falling to your death, and even that giant Guts man tank was pretty rad because he sparked a bit of nostalgia.

Instead MM9 had these mini robots that rolled those deadly Spiked balls around, the 2nd Boss was a giant lifeless whale shark and I forgot the other. :p But the end Battle against whily was fantastic, shooting back those bouncing eggs and getting the timing right was a blast!

And you know what else annoys me? Everybody rips on Ice man! I love that little guy. :D He's the weirdest and cutest looking Robot Master from the original haha. And he was the most enjoyable RM in the original to fight against if you ask me, but that one part in his stage almost made we want to rip my hair out.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

495. Posted:

@Karakato - I beat Splash Woman's stage without shooting. You could technically beat Plug Man's level without shooting too but that's tricky. Mega Man 10 is a middle of the road game for me. Not quite 2 or 9, but I like it. Proto and Bass add some replayability.

@WaveBoy - Sorry to annoy you, but Ice Man is one of the worst robots in the whole series for me. Very generic, almost human. Not nearly as cool as Elec or Fire Man. Also, I hate his level and the Ice Slasher serves two purposes...freezing fire and Big Eye. But that's what makes this series so good. You love Ice Man, I hate him, I like MM6, most don't, but we all love the series just the same :-)

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

496. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

@Karakato - I beat Splash Woman's stage without shooting. You could technically beat Plug Man's level without shooting too but that's tricky. Mega Man 10 is a middle of the road game for me. Not quite 2 or 9, but I like it. Proto and Bass add some replayability.

@WaveBoy - Sorry to annoy you, but Ice Man is one of the worst robots in the whole series for me. Very generic, almost human. Not nearly as cool as Elec or Fire Man. Also, I hate his level and the Ice Slasher serves two purposes...freezing fire and Big Eye. But that's what makes this series so good. You love Ice Man, I hate him, I like MM6, most don't, but we all love the series just the same :-)

Yep, I agree. MM10 is definitly in the middle road area, in no way does it ever reach the greatness of 2 or 9, and overall feels more in tune with MM3 yet I still find MM3 to the better game overall just by a smidge if I can ignore those two totaly awful stages....You know, Needle and Hard man's. :p
As for MM10, the biggest downside aside from the Music were Commando and Blade Man's stages, I couldn't stand them whatsoever. Strike man easily had the best designed stage, it was very impressive and well done, along with Sheep man's which was pretty clever and quirky all around. Not to mention the Mid Bosses were always fun to fight. Solar man's stage was kind of generic and pretty lacking from an artistc standpoint and the same goes for Nitro man's as well. His stage was more annoying than fun.....It was the first stage I picked and I would 'always' get nailed by the incoming cars hehe.

And aside from the greatness that is Ice man(lol), Bubble, Wood and Air are my favorite Robot masters of all time. Snake and Heat Man desserv major props as well, and I adore Splash Woman. :) But you're right, Ice man definitly looks almost human....Actually then again, those giant creepy bulging eyes make him look like something else. Either way I love his look, but i can understand why alot of people can't stand him.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

497. Posted:

Needle Man's stage is too short and really boring. It gets good during the Doc bots or whatever they're called. I like Hard Man's level. His music is one of my favorites in the game.

In MM10, I liked Commando Man's stage. The sand physics was pretty cool and the multiple branches is simple but at least it made me want to go back and play it. It also has a nice stash of bolts, or "shineys". Blade Man irritates me, but not as much as Nitro Man's level. I know I'm in the huge minority here, but Pump Man is my favorite from that game, his level, music and himself AND I find his shield weapon to be the most useful weapon in the game, which obviously means I think it's the best shield of all time.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

498. Posted:

ahhh, I love pump man too...Well his goofy appearance anyways. :p
HIs stage was actually one of the bettter ones in MM 10 as well. It was pretty tight in spots and i loved how you had to be absolutely perfect with your jumping, otherwise those little mini water falls spraying down from the pipes will drag you down into the holes. As for his music....Not exactly one of my favorites, for me it's easily the weakest Water Robot theme out of the bunch, then again I wasn't too crazy over Wave man's theme either.

Pump's just has this gritty and dirty aquatic feel to it, and once the main beat kicks in it really does feel like you're decending downwards into the uknown, but that's most likely what the composers were going for I guess and to that i guess they succeeded. But I much MUCH prefer Bubble and Splash woman's themes. Bubbles' is still the king of the water robot masters when it comes to the music AND stage design if you ask me. :)
They're simply put brilliant.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

499. Posted:

I think Dive Man has the best water themed music. Very energetic. Bubble Man has always been a favorite of mine too. I like what they did with Pump Man's level. Instead of it just being a straight water stage they gave you the option of going into the depths of the sewers or taking the high road and avoiding a lot of it. I guess I like his music because (sorry to use musical lingo) the swelling effect they use at the beginning of the song is really cool and it was very simple which reminded me of the first game's simplicity. I hope the next game has more branching sections that are that diverse. Commando Man's branching paths are basically the same thing only slightly changed.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

500. Posted:

Am I the only one who feels that this song would of been better suited for Sheep Man's stage? It sounds so fitting.