Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

461. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: I understand where you are coming from on the whole anniversary collection thing. As you said to each their own. For me though it was the price that drew my attention. At the time I was so wanting to play the Megaman games again but I dont have an NES. You add up the price and you can be spending hundreds of dollars for a NES, SNES PS2 and all 8 games. Yeah there are a few differences but I would rather pay the twenty bucks for all 8 games rather than a few hundred. I dont know about you but I just dont have that kind of money.

And honestly I dont see what your problem is with the GC controller I think its a pretty well made controller. But once again to each their own.

I don't have a problem with the GCN controller, unless we're talking about it's stiff tiny d-pad. Other than that I think it's the greatest modern controller period. Beats out the 360 and PS3 controller if you ask me. The button lay out was unique, fresh and fun, the control stick was an awesome upgrade, the design and feel of the controller was fantastic, and the entire controller FELT next gen, unlike the PS2 Dualshock which was exactly the same as the PSOne Dualshock, which was a complete dissapointment.

heh, I still have my GCN. infact I'm actually staring at it right now since I keep it in my TV stand. :p i have all of the Nintendo systems aside from the N64.

Anyways, don't forget about the Wii's VC, MM1-MM4 would cost you $20(Although that's more expensive than the AC considering you're missing out on MM5-8 and the 2 power fighter games) and there wouldn't be any Button swap BS, using the GCN controller to play the games, or the sound/music problems...Just the horrible colors and darker image. :p And I'm actually thinking about just dropping the $50 and getting MM5...After all, it was one of my favorites growing up based on what I kind of remember, so it would be pretty awesome to have in my collection. MM7 is another buy as well....But I'll be skipping on MM6, and I'll most likely get it on the VC.

but again, what in gods name is taking Capcom so long to release MM5 on the VC!? :(

Personally I rarely use the D pad on the GC controller I use the analog stick. But yeah if I were to select a flaw it would be the D pad placement, its almost like they just threw it in there cause people were expecting a Nintendo controller to have a D pad.

And yeah I didnt mention the VC release of the MM games cause right now as it stands its only 1-4. Who knows if the others will come out. If you want all of them you are forced to either buy the AC or get 1-4 on the VC and 5-7 on the original cartridges, that is if you have the original systems to play them on. Also when I bought the AC I bought it when it first came out it wasnt like I bought it yesturday. So at the time I didnt have the VC option although if I did I would have bought the VC games instead provided that they had all the games in the series well the ones on NES and SNES anyways. Now that I have the AC I dont see the point in buying them again on VC I rather save my money for other games that I dont have than buy another copy of a game I do have.

You use the Analog stick to play Mega Man? Yikes! Momma mia! :p Again, to each their own hehe. And I understand what you're saying. With me I actually bought the MM Anniversary collection for the Gamecube a few or so months ago, yet I picked up the MMX Collection around 4 years ago....And like MM, using the gamecube controller breaks the experience. Everybody is much better off getting these 2 collections on the PS2, since you get a more retro and tactical feel with the PS2 controller because of the D-Pad, no button swap and 'clicky' Shoulder buttons.

As much as I love the GCN Controller, it's a big mess and oh so wrong for playing Mega Man games, or any sidescroller that requires the use of a D-Pad...Let alone the L and R buttons are squishy, which makes dashing in MMX1-6 feel horrible and unsatisfying. It did kick for Viewtiful Joe though. :)

Anyways, I'm wondering if the PS2 version of the MM Anniversary Collection has the same SFX and Music problems as the GCN version, if anything I'd be mildy interested in picking up a copy just for the sake of having it. And the same goes for the MMX collection...Although I despise MMX5 and MMX6 especially. :p 1, 2 and 4 are the only ones worth playing!

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

462. Posted:

I don't use D-pads whenever I have the option to use the option to use an analog stick. Retro feel or not, I'd rather use what works.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

463. Posted:

The D-Pad on my 3Shitty controller is starting to crap out...can't play MM9 or MM10 like I used to. It actually used to be DECENT for the notoriously bad 360 D-pads....but too much Triggerheart Exelica bullet hell dodging started to kill it methinks. :p

...Oh yeah, Mega Man. Um....let's see...something controversial....

MMX3: Original soundtrack or remixed soundtrack? :o I like both, they each have strengths! :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

464. Posted:

Anyone else want a slew of HD remixes/remakes of the original 4 or so? I would be all over that.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

465. Posted:

There's tons of people online who have done their own renditions of the Mega Man songs, from techno to metal. I've been wanting to do my own metalled versions of songs, but with actual drums, not a stupid drum machine. Just need to buy a studio...

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

466. Posted:

I'm wondering if the PS2 version of the MM Anniversary Collection has the same SFX and Music problems as the GCN version, if anything I'd be mildy interested in picking up a copy just for the sake of having it. And the same goes for the MMX collection...Although I despise MMX5 and MMX6 especially. :p 1, 2 and 4 are the only ones worth playing!

I never played the PS version of AC so I dont know if the have the problems like the GC version. I do know that like the GC the endind for MM7 is different than the SNES version.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

467. Posted:

Ahh I got ya, either way I think I'm going to pass. :p
Anyways, for the hell of it...Thee' best track from MM & Bass hands down. :)
I love the drum beat especially during "0:29 - 0:53" Actually, that entire part has got to be the best part of the song.
For me this track easily goes down as one of the classics in the MM franchise.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

468. Posted:

The SNES version is still better:

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

469. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

MMX3: Original soundtrack or remixed soundtrack? :o I like both, they each have strengths! :D

I've actually wanted to discuss this for some time now. In general, I like the remixed music better than the originals, but there are a few tunes where I like both versions. Allow me to give a few examples:

I feel the remixed stage select is vastly superior to the original, because the original just sounds like it has too much going on. Plus it sounds a bit too loud and extreme:

As opposed to the remixed version:

It sounds a lot less busy and is easier on the ears.

Tunnel Rhino's theme is another example of me liking the remixed version better. The original just sounds like it isn't finished to me, and it's slow and rather boring:

Then there's the remixed version, which is a bit faster and sounds cooler:

Both versions of the Crush Crawfish theme, however, are excellent:

Another song I love both versions of is Toxic Seahorse's theme, although I do like the remixed version a bit more. It's just a fantastic tune:

Another thing the 32-bit version did better was the Maverick Intros. The animated intros are much more entertaining than what you get on the SNES. Seriously, these are awesome:

Beep.
That is all.
3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985
Nintendo Network ID: Same as my NL username

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

470. Posted:

SkullMan wrote:

Anyone else want a slew of HD remixes/remakes of the original 4 or so? I would be all over that.

I would as well.

Beep.
That is all.
3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985
Nintendo Network ID: Same as my NL username

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

471. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

While I like the SNES version, in no way does it have the oomph, impact and catchyness that the GBA version has.
Again they both sound solid in their own ways, but i find the GBA version to be more memorable and it's got those kick drum beats which the SNES version is practically lacking.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

472. Posted:

Has anyone seen this?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

473. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

While I like the SNES version, in no way does it have the oomph, impact and catchyness that the GBA version has.
Again they both sound solid in their own ways, but i find the GBA version to be more memorable and it's got those kick drum beats which the SNES version is practically lacking.

The GBA version sounds like it's from an NES game and I find it painful to listen to with that horrible whining synth. I can't listen to it for more than a few seconds without having to pause it, it hurts my ears so much. The SNES version is pretty tonned down, but for the better, IMO. It actually sounds like they're using instruments. I can hear the Bass, I can hear the Drum and cymbals, whatever it is making that shaking sound (Maracas?), and the synth isn't blaring. I'm no music expert by any means, in fact, I could be confusing some instruments, but just hearing the destinctions between the instruments which the GBA version lacks is a treat to me.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

474. Posted:

I do agree with you about how it sounds whiny....And good lord does it start to get to you after the zillionth time you have to replay King's stages due to the insane difficulty regarding his giant flying Robo minion, whatever in the hell his name is. :p
But I still feel that most of the Robot Master themes sound better on the GBA version.

Anyways, I was playing MM3 last night for a bit....And aside from Snake and Shadow man's stages, and maybe Top Man's.... I just find the rest of the game so unapealing. Hard and Needle man's stages are hidious to look at and a snore to play especially. Definitly not one of my favorites.....But the Wily Return stages(Shadow man's especially) definitly nudge up the fun factor a bit.

I definitly have a like/hate it relationship with 3....I don't know weather I like 10 more or not. One thing is for sure, they both feel like they have that same 'darker' vibe going on. I don't know about you, but I prefer my Mega Man games colorful, ubeat, light hearted, organic and creative.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

475. Posted:

@Waveboy

Funny, aside from the color pallete, I find that much of what you described applies to MM3. I loved the stage designs, robot masters (even if some of them were silly), and I especially love the music, which as I've said before is IMO some of the best in entire series. In fact, the music alone puts it heads and shoulders above MM10, IMO.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

476. Posted:

w00t! Mega Man's 23rd birthday today! :o

Hopefully in 2012 we'll get a similar treatment to Mario's Anniversary....you know, like MM 1-10 in a SUPER MEGA package! Or something.

....hint, Capcom. Hint.

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

477. Posted:

@Dezner: That would be nice maybe this time they can not swap the buttons like they did on the Gamecube version of AC.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

478. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

w00t! Mega Man's 23rd birthday today! :o

Hopefully in 2012 we'll get a similar treatment to Mario's Anniversary....you know, like MM 1-10 in a SUPER MEGA package! Or something.

....hint, Capcom. Hint.

That would be EPIC!!!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

479. Posted:

Capcom can throw in more games with the word "Mega Man" on it, and I'd pay any price! :D

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

480. Posted:

Bah! I wan't Mega Man 11! It's bound to happen, MM11 for 2011 makes so much sense Capcom. Pwetty pwease?lol
Rainbow man better be the next air Boss too! muhaha.