General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,569

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

321. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

(I can't think of any other games I'd even be interested in).

When was the last time you took an honest look at what it had?

Maybe a month or two ago, when I looked at the complete PSP game list on Wikipedia. If I recall, there was very little I was interested in besides the 2 Mega Man games, perhaps I'll take another look soon.

Wait, what does interest you besides Mega Man? Like, in general? I've honestly never noticed you talk about anything else.:P

By "in general", do you mean a specific genre? In that case, I really couldn't tell you. I guess I've always just liked what I've played, and if I haven't played it I'm usually not interested in it. For instance, I've never played Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts (or any RPGs, really), Earthbound, God of War, Street Fighter, and countless other major series that I can't think of right now. I just have no interest in playing them. I mostly enjoy Nintendo, and that's all I really have the option to play. My brother has a PS3, but I'm not allowed to just play it whenever I want. I do like several of the games he has, such as the Fallout games, Resident Evil 5, Call of Duty (have one on Wii), The Force Unleashed (which I also have on the Wii) and Soul Calibur IV. I know all those are multi-platform games, but I have no interest in ever owning an XBox 360, and if I could get them on the Wii I would. I should probably get my own PS3 some day, but I'm not really thinking about that right now. I have a Wii, an NES, an SNES, an N64, and a Gamecube at my disposal, and that's all I really need.

So yeah, that's my story for the most part :D. I never had much interest in the PSP, so it kind of just passed me by. Now that I looked at the game list again, most of it seems to be sports games, licensed games, and stuff I've never heard of. It would take some serious effort in analyzing all the games and finding out which ones I liked and didn't like, tracking down copies of them, and all that. I think it was a bad decision to release 2 Mega Man games only on the PSP. Most fans probably didn't ever get a PSP, because they probably played the other games on Nintendo systems and weren't interested in it in the first place. That's what it's like for me, anyway. They should really re-release those games in some form that anyone would have a good chance to play.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

322. Posted:

Untitled

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

323. Posted:

Ohohohohohhoho Funnnnnyyyyy hmack

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SonicMaster

324. Posted:

Lol, HolyMack :D

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

325. Posted:

Lol that was great.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

326. Posted:

But wait....robots can't have heart attacks! Well, I guess it makes as much sense as Roboenza. :) Still funny though...

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

327. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

But wait....robots can't have heart attacks! Well, I guess it makes as much sense as Roboenza. :) Still funny though...

Sure the can if their power source like a battery or something blows up on them they can.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

328. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

(I can't think of any other games I'd even be interested in).

When was the last time you took an honest look at what it had?

Maybe a month or two ago, when I looked at the complete PSP game list on Wikipedia. If I recall, there was very little I was interested in besides the 2 Mega Man games, perhaps I'll take another look soon.

Wait, what does interest you besides Mega Man? Like, in general? I've honestly never noticed you talk about anything else.:P

By "in general", do you mean a specific genre? In that case, I really couldn't tell you. I guess I've always just liked what I've played, and if I haven't played it I'm usually not interested in it. For instance, I've never played Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts (or any RPGs, really), Earthbound, God of War, Street Fighter, and countless other major series that I can't think of right now. I just have no interest in playing them. I mostly enjoy Nintendo, and that's all I really have the option to play. My brother has a PS3, but I'm not allowed to just play it whenever I want. I do like several of the games he has, such as the Fallout games, Resident Evil 5, Call of Duty (have one on Wii), The Force Unleashed (which I also have on the Wii) and Soul Calibur IV. I know all those are multi-platform games, but I have no interest in ever owning an XBox 360, and if I could get them on the Wii I would. I should probably get my own PS3 some day, but I'm not really thinking about that right now. I have a Wii, an NES, an SNES, an N64, and a Gamecube at my disposal, and that's all I really need.

So yeah, that's my story for the most part :D. I never had much interest in the PSP, so it kind of just passed me by. Now that I looked at the game list again, most of it seems to be sports games, licensed games, and stuff I've never heard of. It would take some serious effort in analyzing all the games and finding out which ones I liked and didn't like, tracking down copies of them, and all that. I think it was a bad decision to release 2 Mega Man games only on the PSP. Most fans probably didn't ever get a PSP, because they probably played the other games on Nintendo systems and weren't interested in it in the first place. That's what it's like for me, anyway. They should really re-release those games in some form that anyone would have a good chance to play.

...man, you're worse than my brother. No clue what interests you, and little desire to branch out. I love a challenge.;)

Ultimate Ghouls 'n' Ghosts seems like the perfect game for you. It's like Mega Man, but different. It's got selectable stages and power-ups just like mega man, and just like Mega Man, you run through stages, trying to get to the next level, shooting bad guys and jumping traps. The series has always had more of an arcade feel to it, though: There are items that you can collect to increase your score, you can't take much hits, and your movement is more constrained, meaning not only do you have to learn the stages, but you have to learn to properly place and time your jumps since you don't have much in the way of aerial movement. If you can get a handle on the mechanics, though, it's a lot of fun. The GnG series has been around for a long time, and it shows, as this is easily the most polished, user-friendly, and option-heavy entry in the game. I won't say it's the best entry in the series, since I haven't played them all, but at the very least it's definitely a very good game in its own right.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

329. Posted:

@Mickeymac: That game does look very interesting, but I'd have to get a PSP first! I do own Ghosts n' Goblins on the NES (which is very hard, but pretty fun as well) so I'm no stranger to the series. Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll look into it when I get the chance.

But anyway, this is a Mega Man thread, so let us continue with that shall we? For a slight change of pace, here's some of my favorite fortress themes (as opposed to Robot Master themes):

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

330. Posted:

Ok guys heres something fun. Megaman is known to have several types of robot masters like a bunch of Fire based Robot master and bunch of Ice based robots a bunch of water based etc. So whos your favorite.....

1) Fire Based Robot?
2) Electric based Robot?
3) Ice Based Robot?
4) Water Based Robot?
5) Time Based Robot?

Mine would have to be the following.

1) Heatman. I love the Zippo lighter look they gave him. Personally I am kinda surprise that this made it past Nintendo censors at the time.

2) Sparkman. Again another one that I like his design. It usually takes alot of people a while to figure out hes based off of a spark plug. His fight is pretty decent too and can be tricky with the layout and his hoping around.

3) Coldman. I think I like him the best out of the Ice RMs cause of his attack. The ice wall or whatever its called I cant remember at this time is pretty unique. His look is kinda interesting too that of a freezer.

4) Splashwoman. What can I say shes the very first woman RM. Its was about time that they made another female robot other than Roll in the series lol.

5) Flashman. I have to go with the original here. His stage is one of my favorites although I dont know how ice goes with time stopping maybe its cause he "freezes" time. He isnt a pain like Brightman and being able to stop time isnt outta place like Centaur man. Plus his level's themes is one of the best.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

331. Posted:

@Tasuki: My Elemental Favorites are:

1) Burner Man. Had to think about this one for a while, but I decided on the psychopathic forest destroyer himself: Burner Man. His stage theme is my favorite in MM&B (and so is his weapon), but it doesn't fit well with him, only his stage (and how could it? it's a gentle, pleasant song, and he's a master of deforestation). His design is interesting, and he seems to be modeled after fuel tanks.

Here's the version of his stage theme most of you have probably heard, the GBA version:

Here's the original Super Famicom version:

2) Elec Man. How can you go wrong with a classic? His design, while very simple, is just plain cool, and he has one of the best weapons in the series.

3)Freeze Man. His design is excellent, his theme is fantastic, and who doesn't love his pose and the way he looks at you? Pure awesomeness. (Chill Man is a close second)

4) Dive Man. I love his submarine look, and his stage is fun to go through. His theme isn't half bad either.

5) Flash Man. Since there are so few Time based Robot Masters, I had to go with Flash Man as well. Technically, his stage is made of crystals, not ice, so those have to be some pretty smooth crystals for Mega Man to slide around so much. His theme is excellent, I just wish the beginning was looped with the rest of the song because It's my favorite part.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StuffyStuff

332. Posted:

1) Fire Based Robot? - Fire Man. He's a menace and a pain in the ass if you don't know his pattern.

2) Electric based Robot? - Elec Man. Stating the obvious choices, but he's always been one of my favorite RM's and has one of my favorite levels.

3) Ice Based Robot? - Blizzard Man. He's fat, therefore he's awesome.

4) Water Based Robot? - Dive Man. He's a submarine.

5) Time Based Robot? - I'll go against the grain and pick Bright Man. I like his stage a lot. Don't quite get the grasshoppers, but that's ok.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

333. Posted:

I got a kick out of these. I wonder if the wife will let me redo the bedroom with these.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/113/1131754p1.html

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StuffyStuff

334. Posted:

It's like Mega Man Fatheads. That's pretty cool. If your wife doesn't approve, maybe she'll approve of this.

http://levelselect.co.uk/megaman-2-themed-bedroom/

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

335. Posted:

@StuffyStuff: Lol thats what I thought Megaman Fatheads. I have seen that Bubbleman themed room before and thought it was pretty sweet the only thing though is I have wall too many anime wall scrolls hanging in my room and they would take away from the Bubbleman scene. I have also seen before a Mario and Zelda theme that I thought was pretty cool too.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

336. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I got a kick out of these. I wonder if the wife will let me redo the bedroom with these.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/113/1131754p1.html

Those are awesome!!!! I want those now...but would they look good on my orange walls? Perhaps not.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

337. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

It's like Mega Man Fatheads. That's pretty cool. If your wife doesn't approve, maybe she'll approve of this.

http://levelselect.co.uk/megaman-2-themed-bedroom/

Just have this playing in the same room, and you're all set:

Just don't touch the spikes...

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

338. Posted:

@19hsamSenotSageM(330)

Well, at the very least I got you interested in a non-Mega Man game that just happens to be on the PSP. My mission here is complete.:everyman:

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

339. Posted:

Backwards.......very interesting. Keep 'em comin'!

Anywho, I found out a little piece of useless trivia today, so I thought I'd share it in case anyone else besides me didn't know. The maximum amount of extra lives you can have in Mega Man 2 is: 98. But....why 98? Why not 99 or something more common on every other video game series? Why pick 98 instead of 99? At any rate, I would assume that's the max for Mega Man 1 & 3 as well, since the max on them also isn't 9 like all other games. Still though, why 98?

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dezner

340. Posted:

Hmm...conspiracy theory! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf