General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

301. Posted:

Just throwin' this out here but...

Yes, it's from X6, which I think has a surprisingly good soundtrack. I love this song, but it really doesn't sound like a song that would appeal to everyone (probably has to do with the genre or something). I just like the sound of it. It's awesome.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

302. Posted:

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

303. Posted:

I did like the ice sled, but not for any real purpose. I like a lot of the powered up weapons, I just don't find many useful.

I'm glad I didn't wait for a used copy of the X Collection because I might have been out of luck. I don't find many Mega Man fans where I live and rarely see a used game in any store I walk into. I paid $30 USD new for it pretty much right when it came out, and $20 for the original series collection. I had a feeling these might become rare because of the caliber of the games, and as someone noted, many games that come out towards the end of a system's lifespan demand a high dollar due to low prints.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

304. Posted:

I bought the Mega Man X Collection because I rented it and it was fun. Didn't have the slightest idea it would become rare or hard to find.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

305. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

You gotta do what you gotta do...I don't blame ya. :p

At least you had the experience of being able to play it! Just...not at the moment.

I played it back when it first came out on the SNES, I never really did play it much when I got the collection hence why I sold it. Oh well maybe I will get lucky and find it at a used store cheap or something. I am just mad at myself now for selling it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

306. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Dezner wrote:

At least you had the experience of being able to play it! Just...not at the moment.

I played it back when it first came out on the SNES, I never really did play it much when I got the collection hence why I sold it. Oh well maybe I will get lucky and find it at a used store cheap or something. I am just mad at myself now for selling it.

Ya win some, ya lose some. I passed on a copy of Shantae for FOUR BUCKS a couple years ago. Big mistake. But I also got Conker's Bad Fur Day with a controller and six other games for $20 bucks so it evens out.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

307. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Dezner wrote:

I first played Mega Man X a few months ago, and I liked it. So I thought I'd try the rest of the series and ended up getting the X Collection off eBay for $22 (which was definitely one of the cheaper prices I saw) and a copy of MMX. I don't consider the X series to be better than the Original series, but it's still great.

I don't sell my games anymore, no matter how little I play them. I may end up just wanting the game back right away, even if it's one I thought I really wanted to sell (most of the time I'm wrong).

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

308. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Dezner wrote:

I first played Mega Man X a few months ago, and I liked it. So I thought I'd try the rest of the series and ended up getting the X Collection off eBay for $22 (which was definitely one of the cheaper prices I saw) and a copy of MMX. I don't consider the X series to be better than the Original series, but it's still great.

I don't sell my games anymore, no matter how little I play them. I may end up just wanting the game back right away, even if it's one I thought I really wanted to sell (most of the time I'm wrong).

Yeah I usually dont sell my games that was just a rare occasion. I just lost my job and unemployment didnt kick in yet but I had a bill that needed to get paid. I just didnt play that one too much and I figured I could pick it up again some time when I got the money. Maybe I will check Ebay here in a few days.

But enough talk of me and my stupidity of selling off a rare game. Here is one of my favorite tunes from MM 1.

Elecman

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

309. Posted:

Mega Man Universe looks so great! If only Capcom could get it released to the Wii. It still looks amazing nonetheless. :D

Edit: My favorite rendition of Mega Man would have to be the "Bad Box Art Mega Man". Looks and sounds so good.

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

310. Posted:

Mega Man Universe looks awesome! My understanding was that it was only going to be released in Japan. Has that changed?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

311. Posted:

@Tasuki: Hey, nice! :) I love Elec Man's design, even though it's very simplistic (it has to be the lightning bolt mask he has on). Here's a couple of my favorite tunes from the first game (couldn't decide which one I liked more :D )

@Kingbuilder: That game looks amazing, too bad I can't get it :( If only they would release it in disc-form on the Wii, since the WiiWare size limit is preventing its release there.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

312. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Yeah Elecmans music really fits his stage too. THe music sounds like a bunch of live electrical wires crackeling to a beat. Cutman and Fireman are a nice choice they are my 2 other favorite themes from MM1.

@Kingbuilder I alos heard that it was suppose to be released in Korea as well. Truthfully I am not a big fan of Asian MMOs cause they usually are item mall games but if this one ever comes stateside I might check it out mainly because its Megaman.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

313. Posted:

A friend of mine and myself got talking about Mega man games and he mentioned Mega man Power Up on PsP. He told me that that was a remake of MM1 and really was his only way of playing MM1 till he got MM1 on the VC. Anyway, I looked it up and it does look like a good remake the voice over is better than in MM8 IMO and the graphics look nice. Maybe I might pick this one up later along with a PsP. Any of you guys play it and how does it stack up to the original MM1?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

314. Posted:

The only thing that interests me about this game is that you can be the RM's. I can't answer your question because I've not played it, but it seems like a worthy game. I'm guessing it didn't do well since it's been out for a few years now and I'm sure people would flock to a MM2 Powered Up had the first game done well.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

315. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Any of you guys play it and how does it stack up to the original MM1?

It has all the flaws of the original, now with cutsy graphics and two new levels of questionable quality. Personally, I hated it, and simply moved on to Maverick Hunter X, which actually improved upon the original (sort of, at the very least they kept it fresh without messing it up).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

316. Posted:

I've never played Powered Up (but I really want to) because I don't have a PSP, and I'm not going to buy one just so I can play the two Mega Man games it has (I can't think of any other games I'd even be interested in). What I've seen of it (quite a lot, actually) is excellent, and there's a lot more than just a remake in the whole package. Sure there's the remake, with 2 new Robot Masters, redesigned levels, and all that jazz, but there's also a challange mode, a level editor, and the option to play "Old Style" mode which comes as close as possible to the original NES game while still using the cutsey graphics (it even uses the original 8-Bit music). I'd play this game in a heartbeat if given the chance, because it looks insanely enjoyable!

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

317. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

(I can't think of any other games I'd even be interested in).

When was the last time you took an honest look at what it had?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

318. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Maybe a month or two ago, when I looked at the complete PSP game list on Wikipedia. If I recall, there was very little I was interested in besides the 2 Mega Man games, perhaps I'll take another look soon.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

319. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Maybe a month or two ago, when I looked at the complete PSP game list on Wikipedia. If I recall, there was very little I was interested in besides the 2 Mega Man games, perhaps I'll take another look soon.

Wait, what does interest you besides Mega Man? Like, in general? I've honestly never noticed you talk about anything else.:P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

320. Posted:

All this PSP talk makes me want to go back and finish MM:MHX so I can open and finally play MM:PU! :0

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf