General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

281. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

The only thing I wish Capcom would have left out of MM8 was the snowboard sections. I like variety in games, but it's not fun, it's just aggrevating. I like being able to equip a weapon and still be able to use the Buster.

Couldn't you do that in Mega Man 7?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

282. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

The only thing I wish Capcom would have left out of MM8 was the snowboard sections. I like variety in games, but it's not fun, it's just aggrevating. I like being able to equip a weapon and still be able to use the Buster.

Oh come on. Didnt you just love the jump jump slide slide voice for the snowboard part.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

283. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Oh come on. Didnt you just love the jump jump slide slide voice for the snowboard part.

NO!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

284. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Not too sure. I haven't played 7 in a long time. To be honest, I've only played the game maybe three times. Couldn't get in to it as much as the others.

To repeat the obvious Tasuki...NO! :-D

Edited on by StuffyStuff

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

285. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

No, you can't. Only in Mega Man 8. And yeah, I like that feature too.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

286. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I'll admit, the voice itself is somewhat fun to hear, but the jet boarding segments aren't nearly as enjoyable as the rest of the game. I can get through the ones in Frost Man's stage pretty well nowadays, but the one in the first Wily stage always takes me a few tries to get past it.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

287. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Must be thinking of MMX1-3 then.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

288. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Nope, can't do it in those games either.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

289. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Nope, can't do it in those games either.

You could in the MMX Collection, and I'm pretty sure those were all straight ports with no extras.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

290. Posted:

X4-X6 you could, I don't recall X1-X3. :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

291. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Correct. Speaking of X series weapons, am I the only one that finds charging up most of the weapons pretty useless? For instance, in X1, the only time I ever charge up the any of the weapons is when I'm on the elevator in Boomer Kuwanger's stage when I'm feeling lazy so I use Armored Armadillo's shield and in one of the Sigma levels where those laser robots shoot at you and I use the camo from Sting Chameleon's weapon. Other than that I find it to be gimmicky.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

292. Posted:

But, Chill Penguin's ROCKET ICE SLED was awesome! :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

293. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Dezner wrote:

Correct. Speaking of X series weapons, am I the only one that finds charging up most of the weapons pretty useless? For instance, in X1, the only time I ever charge up the any of the weapons is when I'm on the elevator in Boomer Kuwanger's stage when I'm feeling lazy so I use Armored Armadillo's shield and in one of the Sigma levels where those laser robots shoot at you and I use the camo from Sting Chameleon's weapon. Other than that I find it to be gimmicky.

I checked today, and no, you can't use the Buster while equipped with another weapon in X1, X2, or X3. You can in X4, X5, and X6, but that's already been established.

I don't charge weapons much either, except for the occasional times where it really comes in handy, like what you mentioned. I do love charging up the Electric Spark, though.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

294. Posted:

With all this talk about Megaman X I was thinking of giving this series another try. So I went to Amazon to check out how much a copy of Megaman X Collecton for Gamecube was and they have for new mind you for $137.00. Are they outta there freakin mind?? As much as I hate Gamestop I just might have to pop in one and see if I can find a used copy. Any idea as to why this game is so much???

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Dezner

295. Posted:

Possibly a low print run, and very late in the Gamecube's life might have something to do with it. :o

Also, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if you could use the X-Buster and a Maverick weapon in X6...I just remembered about X's Z-Saber with training wheels. :p

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

296. Posted:

The funny thing is I got the Megaman X Collection when it first came out cause I loved the Original series soooo much so I figured what the heck. To make a long story short I had to sell the game cause I need the money for some bills when I was outta work and since I didnt play it that often. This is why I dont like selling off my games and dont do it anymore unless I really really need to.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Dezner

297. Posted:

You gotta do what you gotta do...I don't blame ya. :p

At least you had the experience of being able to play it! Just...not at the moment.

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

298. Posted:

Ugh, I could never get into the X series. The first one was OK, but the rest just were annoying, had a generic story, and the level designs were extremelly cheap.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

299. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Possibly a low print run, and very late in the Gamecube's life might have something to do with it. :o

Also, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if you could use the X-Buster and a Maverick weapon in X6...I just remembered about X's Z-Saber with training wheels. :p

A low print run sounds like it could be the main reason, but it also might be the fact that the X Collection has a couple of the more rare games in it. X3 can get pretty darn expensive on eBay, and the X Collection is also pretty much the only way you can play Battle & Chase outside of Japan and Europe. Not sure if any of the other games are rare, though.

Yes, you can use the X-Buster while using a Maverick weapon in X6. However, you can't use the Z-Saber while using another weapon (unless your using the Magma Blade, which IS the Z-Saber). The same button used for the Saber also uses Maverick weapons when you have one equipped, so they can't be used at the same time (unless you're using Magma Blade). There is one button for the Buster, and it isn't used for anything else so you can always use it.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

300. Posted:

Mega Man 5 was and always will be my favorite MM game. I'm still awaiting it's release on the VC. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."