General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 261 to 280 of 1,570

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

261. Posted:

I"m doing pretty horrible with MM9, anyone have pointers? Or maybe which robot dude to start with?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

262. Posted:

zezhroom wrote:

I"m doing pretty horrible with MM9, anyone have pointers? Or maybe which robot dude to start with?

The best to start with is Galaxy Man's Stage. Then Go To Jewel Man. His stage is tricky, but bear with it: It gets easier from then on. His ability gives you the sheild weapon, which it very useful for both Concrete Man's Stage, and for taking Down Plug Man.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

263. Posted:

@Ricardo91:Well, I'd have to disagree with YOU there. Let me start by saying that I love MM5 as much as the other ones, but the music feels like a downgrade from Mega Man 4 (except for Star Man's theme, Gyro Man's theme, and the Wily theme). Most of the music in 5 sounds pretty much the same, and it all seems to use the same 8-bit instruments. Almost none of the music gives the same kind of feel as the stage you're in. I never find myself humming any of the songs (except for the ones I listed) and I consider the MM5 tunes to be the least memorable. That being said, they're all still good songs, just not as good as MM4's songs.

I'd like to limit the arguing in this thread, so remember that we each have our own opinions and that there's no need to do a bunch of back-and-forth posts about how each of us thinks they're right and the other is wrong. Speaking of which, that's what my entire post sounded like :o so...um...I'm not trying to be rude or anything.

Mega Man music is awesome! :D

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

264. Posted:

I'd agree that the music is a downgrade from MM5, just as I'd agree that MM4 has some of the least memorable tunes. They both combined have the worst music in the series, IMO.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

265. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

The best to start with is Galaxy Man's Stage. Then Go To Jewel Man. His stage is tricky, but bear with it: It gets easier from then on. His ability gives you the sheild weapon, which it very useful for both Concrete Man's Stage, and for taking Down Plug Man.

Other Robot Masters I'd recommend starting with are Splash Woman or Hornet Man, since they're both pretty easy to beat with the Mega Buster (their stages might give you some trouble through). Once you start gaining weapons, and bolts to buy things, the game gets more managable. And yes, the Jewel Satellite is your friend. It's the best shield weapon out of all the games, and is useful in so many situations.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

266. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'd agree that the music is a downgrade from MM5, just as I'd agree that MM4 has some of the least memorable tunes. They both combined have the worst music in the series, IMO.

Interesting, but fair. So, you do like the music in MM6, but not in 4 or 5? That's new......never heard of that before. It's usually all like: "2 and 3 have the best music, 6 has the worst!" I like all the music, but 5 has my least favorite tunes. The music in 2 & 3 is legendary, I love the music in 4 and 6, and the music in 1 is great, if a little primitive sounding.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

267. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Nice choice for the stage select songs. My favorite of the series are MM3 and MM4. Which just in case you dont remember MM3s stage select music here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNkRMbD6nDY

Sorry for the link I dont know how you post the actual vid on the page but it works.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

268. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Interesting, but fair. So, you do like the music in MM6, but not in 4 or 5? That's new......never heard of that before. It's usually all like: "2 and 3 have the best music, 6 has the worst!" I like all the music, but 5 has my least favorite tunes. The music in 2 & 3 is legendary, I love the music in 4 and 6, and the music in 1 is great, if a little primitive sounding.

Mega Man 6 has some great tunes, IMO. I've never heard anyone say the tunes in 6 were the worst. Then again, I rarely ever talk any anybody about the music other than the MM2 tunes.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

269. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mega Man 6 has some great tunes, IMO. I've never heard anyone say the tunes in 6 were the worst. Then again, I rarely ever talk any anybody about the music other than the MM2 tunes.

I really haven't heard anyone use the word "worst" to describe the music in MM6, but I do hear mostly negative things about the music. I can sorta understand it, but there's some excellent tunes to be found here. Flame Man's, Tomahawk Man's, and Plant Man's themes all come to mind, as well as a few others. I just figured that most people disliked Mega Man 6, and not just the music, since most of what I've heard about the game in general is either negative or neutral. Even the Mega Man Home Page calls the music "strange" and "grating" and says that "none of the tunes were all that catchy". I read this and thought: "What?". I have heard praise for the game, including some from people on NintendoLife, but the popular opinion seems to be that Mega Man 6 is not as good as the other games (which I find is partially true). It has all the great running, jumping, and shooting gameplay of the other titles, various alternate paths through some stages, 2 Robot Masters that were designed by North Americans, the new (and fun to play around with) Rush Adapters, and Wily actually gets put in jail at the end. However, it would be hard to match the greatness that is Mega Man 2 or 3 (or 9, or whatever is considered good by everyone), and the music (while still great) isn't as famous as other songs from previous entries in the series.

I don't consider any of the music to be bad, there are only songs that aren't quite as good as others (but are still great). Understanding why some dislike the music in a certain game is rather confusing, and it's hard to believe there are such differing opinions out there.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

270. Posted:

I think all elevator music should be changed to the music in MM10 when you're going up to the final fight with Wily and the music goes into hyper mode. That would be fun. And when the elevator takes off, it makes the teleporting sound Mega Man makes. Anyway...

As far as the stage select music goes, I liked 6's. I like a lot of the songs from that game to be honest. @Tasuki - I don't know how these guys post the videos either.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

271. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I think all elevator music should be changed to the music in MM10 when you're going up to the final fight with Wily and the music goes into hyper mode. That would be fun. And when the elevator takes off, it makes the teleporting sound Mega Man makes. Anyway...

As far as the stage select music goes, I liked 6's. I like a lot of the songs from that game to be honest. @Tasuki - I don't know how these guys post the videos either.

It's very weird - [ youtube:(whatever goes after the '=' in the Youtube link) ]

Remember, no spaces.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

272. Posted:

@Mickeymac: AH ok thanks I will try that out next time and see how it goes.

@MegaStoneSmash91: We have had this discussion before on why so many people think MM6 is the worst one of the series. Personally I dont think its better or worst than the other games in the series but thats just me. Personally if I had to pick the a worst one it would be MM5 but to me that one isnt even that bad. It feels a little rushed (no pun intended) or that the design team didnt put as much effort into it as the other ones but it still is a great game.

As for MM6 I think the main reason as I have said before that the game was released at the end of the NES life span. Most games that were coming out during that time were for the 16 bit machines so everyone kinda looked down on the NES. Also I think the fact that they made Rush combine into Megaman rather than being a seperate power like MM3-5 maybe had something to do with it too, who knows.

And since we are talking about MM6 here' s one of my favorite tunes.

Its Yamoto Man

And here is the complete works

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

273. Posted:

@Tasuki: Hey, that looks like one of my posts! :D Glad to see you know how to post videos on here now. It should make things a bit smoother. MM5 is also my least favorite, but that's just what it is: it's my least favorite, but still a favorite nonetheless. It has the worst group of Master weapons, and most of the music isn't too memorable, but the gameplay is classic Mega Man all the way. Plus, it has one of the best versions of the Mega Buster out of all the games, and some pretty neat stage gimmicks.

I like Yamato Man's theme in 8-bit, but the Complete Works version nailed the Japanese feel of the song better than 8-bit ever could. And while we're on the subject of Mega Man 6, here's Knight Man's theme- 8-bit and Complete Works:

My favorite parts are the opening and 0:54-1:05

And speaking of Knight Man, some boss order suggestions I've seen say to beat him first. I don't consider this to be a good idea, and for two reasons:

1. Since you wouldn't have the Rush Power Adapter, you would have to go through his stage a second time if you wanted the Beat parts. Also, if you're going in weakness order (and most suggested orders do) you would also have to go through Centaur Man's stage twice in order to get the Beat parts. But if you don't care about Beat (how dare you....leaving him in those robots' hands like that) then I guess it doesn't matter.

2. Most people find Knight Man to be an easy opponent, but fighting him with the Mega Buster can result in a fairly slow fight since he doesn't give you very many openings to shoot him. I actually like using the Rush Power suit to fight him. It does decent damage, and when you hit him with charged shots it makes him fly back a bit (which is strangely entertaining). The charged shots also penetrate his shield, which is a huge advantage over the Mega Buster.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

274. Posted:

I'm surprised more MM8 music isn't mentioned...Frost Man, Aqua Man and Tengu Man themes are great, as well as the main theme.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

275. Posted:

@SkullMan: I like Mega Man 8's music too, but apparently some see it as "Japanese bubble-gum techno" music, but I don't see it. Tengu Man's theme, Grenade Man's theme, and the stage select theme are some of my favorites.

I also particularly like the Wily Tower Stage 1 theme:

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

276. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Thank you. Yeah Mickeymac explained how to post the videos which isnt as hard as I thougt it was thanks again. I agree with Knightman you can go to him first but if you do youd have to do backtracking like you said. Funny thing is when I first played this game years ago when if first came out on the NES I use to go to him first all the time but that was before I knew about Beat and before there were sites like GameFAQs lol.

@Skullman: I cant really give an honest opinion about MM8 since I really didnt play that one a whole lot. I tired to play it but I just couldnt get into it. One of my biggest problems with that game is the voices are they horrible lol, The one thing I did like was the rocking stage select theme personally I think its the best one out of all the games but that just might be me. Anyway just for you Skullman heres the Stage Select Theme

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

277. Posted:

SkullMan wrote:

I'm surprised more MM8 music isn't mentioned...Frost Man, Aqua Man and Tengu Man themes are great, as well as the main theme.

Don't even get me started, damnit...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

278. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Don't even get me started, damnit...

I guess MickeyMac (and maybe WaveBoy, too) is the reason we don't talk about MM8's music too much. I don't want a big argument to start, after all. It's kind of one of those love/hate things. You either love the music or you hate it. Speaking of which, here's some more of it:

EDIT: I looked back in this thread, and yeah, WaveBoy isn't too fond of the music, and neither is Chicken Brutus. Oh well.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

279. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Thank you. Yeah Mickeymac explained how to post the videos which isnt as hard as I thougt it was thanks again. I agree with Knightman you can go to him first but if you do youd have to do backtracking like you said. Funny thing is when I first played this game years ago when if first came out on the NES I use to go to him first all the time but that was before I knew about Beat and before there were sites like GameFAQs lol.

@Skullman: I cant really give an honest opinion about MM8 since I really didnt play that one a whole lot. I tired to play it but I just couldnt get into it. One of my biggest problems with that game is the voices are they horrible lol, The one thing I did like was the rocking stage select theme personally I think its the best one out of all the games but that just might be me. Anyway just for you Skullman heres the Stage Select Theme

The voice acting is terrible I'll give you that but I really enjoyed that game back when I picked it up for the PSX. I love the stage select theme it's one of my favorite in the series as well. MM8 has some really underrated themes. I just love them to death dammit.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

280. Posted:

The only thing I wish Capcom would have left out of MM8 was the snowboard sections. I like variety in games, but it's not fun, it's just aggrevating. I like being able to equip a weapon and still be able to use the Buster.

StuffyStuff