Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,601 to 1,612 of 1,612

WaveBoy

Megas75 wrote:

As far as the original series goes, I always found my self frustrated with Megaman and Bass the most, especially when playing as Megaman. It's insanely difficult and not in a good way.

I actually liked Megaman 8 the most followed by 2 and 3

Mega Man 8 was the B-bomb. Loved that one. Yeah, I mean it wasn't in league with the absolutey amazing 'n magical mega man 2 back during it's debut release, but I'd still take 8 over 3(which gets wayyy too much praise) along with 4, 5, 6 and 10.

Favorites >

2, 9, 7, 1, 8, MM&B

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
80's Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

WaveBoy

So, are any of you keeping up with the Mega Man Archie comic book series? I'm up to issue 21 right now, and I've got to say the last two volumes(consisting of issues 13-20) have turned me off from picking up anymore. Not only has the Artwork plummeted in quality, but the majority of these Archie based side stories are completely uninteresting. Proto man's back story just wasn't all that original or fleshed out enough, and that issue based on the 'Ship/cruise rescue' was just awful.

MM 1-4 & 9-12 were all amazing IMO, spazini and ben bates are absolutely amazeballs with their art work, but the other 3, with Chad Thomas being the absolute worst, followed by Ryan J and Johnathon Hill really drag the series down visually....

Not sure if I want to continue at this point. Thinking about getting Volume 6: Breaking Point....but then it says under pencils....Ryan Japole. NOOOOOOO!!!!
I'm still tempted, because I'm hoping this series gets back on track, and I'm interested in seeing different styles of artwork done by different artists. Apparently Spazini makes a return in V.8 Redemption. thank he-man!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Tasuki

@WaveBoy: Sadly I don't get time to ready. With a kid, work and all that fun stuff I have very little free time so it's usually spent playing games or watching 80's action movies.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WaveBoy

@Tasuki:
The thing is with comics, is that If you're caught up with whatever particular series, they're a cheap investment typically costing as much as $4 per month. But eh, I'm kind of losing interest in these Archie MM comics, the last 8 issues have been an absolute chore to read. I've been buying them in Volumes(4 issues in each) and there are about 3 more that I need to pick up for now.

Bah!, i'll just avoid the single monthly issues, stick with the volume books and pick one up whenever a new one is available, which is typically every 4-5 months. . It's not worth going out of my way to get a single issue, especially of something that I'm not really even looking forward to that much to begin with. Not a big comic book fan.

Although, I get a kick out of scoring cheap old school comic books like ALF, DuckTales, ghostbusters and the Kool-Aid man haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Tasuki

@WaveBoy: The money isn't the thing it's the time. Speaking of Ducktales comics, I scored 10 of them from my local Goodwill a few weeks ago for a buck each.

My Backlog

WaveBoy

@Tasuki:
Yeah I know what you mean. It probably takes 30 minutes, depending on how quickly you zip through it to read a single issue of mega man, but I'd rather put that 30 minutes towards a video game or movie. Not a big comic book fan, But I do like to mix things up and throw in the occasional horror manga, mega man and the current resident evil Marhawa desire(Vol. 5 comes out later this month and will be the final book) in there to take a brake. But you've got kids like you said, so your free time is a lot more limited than mine.

Tasuki

So tonight I decided to fire up Mega Man The Wily Wars on the Sega Genesis tonight and I have to say it's an odd curiosity. I decided to play through Mega Man 2 first and I found some interesting things. First off l, the game is in "normal" mode there is no easy mode here guys. However it's hard to explain but some parts of the game seemed alot easier then on the NES on easy mode. I actually had no problems getting through the beam part of Quick man's stage. I actually got through it on my first try. Yet a few months ago when I was playing Mega Man 2 on the Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS4 which is a port of the NES games it took me several tries to get pass them. Even Quick man was alot easier on the Genesis version I found dodging him alot easier and he only shot his boomer range a few times.

Not sure if any of you ever played this game but I just thought, it was interesting and was wondering if you have played it if you experienced this as well?

My Backlog

Anthracks

God, I would love a new Mega Man game. Every single MM game that I've played is spectacular. I'm not crazy about the RPG ones, but even they are good. I'm glad that so many people make bootleg Mega Man games (there's like at least ten quality ones out there), but I'm really hoping for the real deal soon.

Anthracks

Blathers

Aye, can't wait until Mighty No. 9 comes out in February. If it's good (which I'm certain it will be), I'll definitely jump into the rest of the Mega Man series

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Tasuki

@Anthracks: Yeah some of the fan made games are quite good. I only real have played Mega Man Rock Force and Mega Man Unlimited but they were both quite good and felt alot like they should belong to the series.

My Backlog

ThePirateCaptain

There are some pretty great fan games out there that feel right at home with the rest of the Classic games. There are also 8-bit remakes of Mega Man 7 and 8 that I think are worth checking out for any fans of the series.

Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tasuki

@ThePirateCaptain: I almost bought a repro cart of Mega Man 7 for the NES, but I don't have a working NES so I passed on it. Also I don't have a working PC anymore, but I have heard that both are done very well.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic