Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,612

ObviouslyAdachi

Tasuki wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: I am not a big fan of 5 6 or 7, IMO those are the weakest of the classic series. Still if I had to choose one I would probably go with 6. 5 was ok but honestly didn't feel to offer anything new at least six had the new Rush suits. 5 also has some of the most mundane over used enemies in the game. The levels didn't seem to have any unique enemies to them I mean how many levels had those robot chicken makers in them? 5 just felt like it was a rushed game.

I just got 6 on my 3DS today. It's the first Mega Man game I've ever played and it is really difficult. I read that I should go Flame, Blizzard, Plant, Tomahawk, Yamato, Knight, Centaur, and Wind in that order but I still can't make much progress. Some of the screens seem impossible. Any tips?

ObviouslyAdachi

Nintendo Network ID: Sol.31396

Storytime7

ObviouslySheik wrote:

I just got 6 on my 3DS today. It's the first Mega Man game I've ever played and it is really difficult. I read that I should go Flame, Blizzard, Plant, Tomahawk, Yamato, Knight, Centaur, and Wind in that order but I still can't make much progress. Some of the screens seem impossible. Any tips?

6 is one of the easier games in the classic series, so it's a good choice to start with. Remember that all the bosses have patterns, and you can collect E-tanks to completely restore your health (I would suggest using them only when you're in a tight situation). The charge shot is a good option for defeating enemies quickly, and it will also help against bosses if you don't already have the weapon they're weak to.

If you're going after Flame Man first, then definitely watch out for the pits of fire in that stage because they're instant death. The biggest challenge with the boss itself is avoiding the pillars of fire he creates, but it shouldn't be too hard with a little practice.

Smash 4 mains: Diddy Kong, Peach, Sheik
Splatoon rank: S
My Captain Toad Mario Maker Level

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

ThePirateCaptain

ObviouslySheik wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: I am not a big fan of 5 6 or 7, IMO those are the weakest of the classic series. Still if I had to choose one I would probably go with 6. 5 was ok but honestly didn't feel to offer anything new at least six had the new Rush suits. 5 also has some of the most mundane over used enemies in the game. The levels didn't seem to have any unique enemies to them I mean how many levels had those robot chicken makers in them? 5 just felt like it was a rushed game.

If you're having trouble getting started, Wind Man is also a good robot master to take on first. Also, the sooner you take out Plant Man, the sooner you get the Jet Upgrade, which can help out immensely in levels.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Karakato

Happy 27th Mega Man, I would like you guys to know that there is another Mega Man fan game out now, Mega Man Eternal. I did some of the artwork here but it's mostly promotional art. Anyway if you're in for some more Classic action, look no further than this... also MM Unlimited, MM Rockforce, Rokko Chan and the Day in the Limelight games(where you play as the robot masters). I'd also say MM Revolution but that game was a mixed bag for me.

Untitled
DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

WaveBoy

I finally finished all of the MM Game Boy games.....And as crazy as this sounds, the most memorable and enjoyable mega GB title for me was none other than....Dr.Wily's Revenge. Perhaps because it was Mega's first outing on the GB, even if it was a little rough around the edges. II, III and IV just weren't that exciting to me because they once again kept recycling the same NES robot masters and 'remixed' stages.....V was finally the sequel that the series needed, but even then I found it a little disappointing. pretty decent, but not one of the greatest in the overall classic franchise that people say it is imo

The soundtrack, the stage design and challenge were all pretty lack luster. I dug the plot, the StarDroids(whatever they were called) and final boss battle, but overall it's far more being as good as 1, 2 & 3. The lack of color(hand held limitation. sigh*) really hurts the experience as well.

For me, I'd personally rank the GB series as following >

I > III > V > IV > II

Now, all I have left to tackle is good ol' 16-bit MM*7* This will definitely be my first Wii U VC purchase. thanks Capcom, you just saved me a $90 eBay purchase.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
80's Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

ThePirateCaptain

Karakato wrote:

Happy 27th Mega Man, I would like you guys to know that there is another Mega Man fan game out now, Mega Man Eternal. I did some of the artwork here but it's mostly promotional art. Anyway if you're in for some more Classic action, look no further than this... also MM Unlimited, MM Rockforce, Rokko Chan and the Day in the Limelight games(where you play as the robot masters). I'd also say MM Revolution but that game was a mixed bag for me.

Untitled
DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE

Thanks a lot, I had no idea this game was coming out! I just downloaded it, so I'll have to take it for a spin in a little bit.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

WaveBoy

So....
Does anybody else favor mega man 8 over 4, 5 & 6? I enjoyed it during it's release regardless of the horrid voice acting, and over excessive amount of sliding(ect). 4 was the beginning point of when 8-bit MM was turning stale, aside from having a lack luster soundtrack and underwhelming additional mega shot. 5 was even worse, with a capital B-L-A-N-D, with 6 quite possibly being the worst.... 8-bit mega man did not go out with a bang, it went out with a broken Proto man flute whistle. At least 8 felt fresh with it's 32-bit based sprites, cut scenes including the animated opening, Robot master voices(Galaxy man sounded like a prude barber tranny ) and the soundtrackwhich was completely different than anything heard in the previous entries. But it's been a while since I've played it....

4 is almost neck and neck with it I'd say.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Retro_on_theGo

I never liked 8. The graphics actually felt lack luster to me considering Capcom had the Playstation to work with at that point. Mega Man himself looked odd. It may be better than I'm giving it credit but it doesn't look to special.

Speaking of which, what would you guys say is the weakest entry? Of the classic series I've played so far I'd say 4. I don't hate it, its pleasant I liked it, but it didn't feel much better than the previous 3 and I disliked the charge shot. It felt harder than the other three too and not necessarily in a good way. But I hadn't played any Mega Mans in a while when I tried that game out so maybe it was me.

I don't see the hate for 6 honestly. It brought very fun power ups in the rush adapter and it doesn't look too bad from what I've seen. I still need to play 5, 6, and 7 though so I can't really say.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki

@Retro_on_theGo: I think the weakest of the classic series for me anyway was Mega Man 8. It felt really really rushed, the voice acting was horrible, and the graphics were just meh.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

I hated 6 when I played it, but I didn't play it for that long. It just didn't feel as fun from what I remember, and the soundtrack was boring.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

WaveBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I hated 6 when I played it, but I didn't play it for that long. It just didn't feel as fun from what I remember, and the soundtrack was boring.

Good call.
It's rushed, has the worst soundtrack I'd say of the 6 8-bit mega man games, the slide jump mechanic is gimped, the robot masters are just awful(ok ok, centaur man was totally unique and i for one dig plant man. )and the game offers virtually no challenge. it's even easier than MM5 for crying out looney tunes. I don't know, that 'classic' mega man magic started to fade with Mega Man 4, while 5 and 6 completely lost it. Mega Man 2 however was something truly special during it's time and it brought a pixel tear to my cycloptic eye when MM9 was announced. the definitive TRUE successor to MM2 was here.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Karakato

I thought MM6 was a pretty good game even if most of the Classic games are better. Sure it's one of the easier games, but I had a good kick with the rush adaptors. They definitely made the game worth playing since they also grant access to new paths in the stages. The soundtrack IMO has some great themes with the likes of Mr X, Tomahawk man and Flame Man. I know I'll get flak for this but as a whole I consider this game to have a better soundtrack than MM2. The Robot Masters, yeah I'd say they're one of the weaker designed bosses of the classic series. Also I did not use their weapons as much, except the Silver Tomahawk.

For my least favorite game, I'd have to go with Mega Man and Bass 2 for the Wonderswan. Many people argue whether this is canon or not, well since Capcom acknowledges its existence (ZXA) and since it will be part of the Archie Comic series, I am more than convinced that this is canon. So what's bad about it? First off, the sprite work and animations are wonky, the bosses especially look downright silly (Aircon Man anyone?) Also, the music is just a demake of MM&B from the SNES/GBA. Lastly, The level design is just downright lazy. Nothing creative happens in each stage, it's just a gauntlet of enemies you have to face with a miniboss in the middle. Where are the stage gimmicks? Why are most enemies out of place within the stage's theme? To top things off, the story is fanfic levels of bad. I mean the main villain is a Quint Prototype. That's all I need to say.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

ThePirateCaptain

I always enjoyed Mega Man 6's soundtrack. Like @Karakato said, Flame Man, Tomahawk Man, and Mr. X all have great themes. Blizzard Man, Plant Man, and Yamato Man also have great tracks, so overall I'd put the soundtrack ahead of 1,4,5,7, and 8.

The one thing that really bothers me about Mega Man 6 is the color pallet. I guess it's just me, but I though the colors were just off and there was an overabundance of red. Wind Man, Yamato Man, Tomahawk Man, Plant Man, all have red stages. Then there's Knight Man and his green and purple castle. Overall I just don't find the game as appealing to look at as 5, which is one of the best looking NES games.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

Retro_on_theGo

So Mega Man Zero's release on the virtual console for the anniversary gave me an itch to break out my GBA and play my copy of Mega Man Zero 2 again. So I did! The game is every bit as fun as I remmeber! Oddly enough, however, it's much easier than I remmebr. I'm not sure if I was just not good at understanding the mechanics back then, or if years of video gaming and muscle memory has improved my platforming skills ten fold.

What I'm amazed about is that I'm still finding out stuff about this game I didn't know about before. Some secrets and tips.
The bosses in this entry are some of the most fun in the series too. I can gush about this game for hours, lol. Instead, I think I'll just go and play through that hard mode you get for beating the game!

Oh, and I bought Mega Man 6 with the eShop sale. I'll wait till I beat the game to give full opinions, but as of now I think I understand most of the complaints with this one. I like the music but it's definitely different from previous series. Rather than being fast tunes they're atmospheric (as much as the NES can allow) and meant to fit the theme of the stage. Overall I'm enjoying it, but Plant Man is really ruining it for me, hah.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki

OMG just announced Capcom will be releasing a collection of all the NES Mega Man games this summer on PS4

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/the_mega_man_legacy_co...

Called the Legacy Collection it's similar to the Anniversary Collection that came out 10 years ago for the Gamecube, Xbox and PS2. Not sure if the arcade games will be included this time around though. Still looks like I will be buying these again.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Megas75

As far as the original series goes, I always found my self frustrated with Megaman and Bass the most, especially when playing as Megaman. It's insanely difficult and not in a good way.

I actually liked Megaman 8 the most followed by 2 and 3

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

WaveBoy

Tasuki wrote:

OMG just announced Capcom will be releasing a collection of all the NES Mega Man games this summer on PS4

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/the_mega_man_legacy_co...

Called the Legacy Collection it's similar to the Anniversary Collection that came out 10 years ago for the Gamecube, Xbox and PS2. Not sure if the arcade games will be included this time around though. Still looks like I will be buying these again.

LAME.
And yet they still cant release a new bloody MM game. Why in the hell would I buy this when I can get the Mega Man Anniversary collection that contains mega man 1-8 including the The power Fighters 2. MM1-6 are also available on the Wii & 3DS's VC....

Out of the first 6 NES games I've only really cared for 2(especially) & 1.....3's overrated, while 4 was the last 8-bit mega man game to somewhat retain the series classic feel and spark. that all went out the window with 5 & 6.

Anyways, if you're a PS4 owner and don't have have a PS2 where you could get the MM anniversary collection for $20 and Don't mind not having 7,8 and the power fighters than by all means scoop this compilation up. I'm just disappointed that they didn't include 7, 8, Mega man & Bass(SNES version), 9 and 10 heck throw in all 6 GB games while you're at it and call it the Ultiamte mega man collection. but nah, they just couldn't do that. Just release an incomplete collection. Good job Capcom, keep it lazy!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic