General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,561 to 1,570 of 1,570

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,561. Posted:

haha, the game isn't even finished yet and there's an animated TV series in the works? wow....One would think that if a game or series becomes succsesful THEN they would bring on the merchandising. Sounds like they're all getting a little over confident up there.

So far it looks like a long lost PS2 game and does absolutely nothing special from a game play perspective. I want my $75 back Inafune! :P i could buy so many things with that much coinage.....like....like.... 50 snickers bars, a Domino's Pizza and an NES copy of Rad Racer ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,562. Posted:

One interesting fact I read about Mighty No. 9 I read was that Inafune said that if Capcom would agree to it he could easier change Mighty No. 9 into a Mega Man game. Perhaps he was making a point to Capcom as to how easy for him it would to get the fans of Mega Man to follow him even though he didn't own the name rights to Mega Man. I just can't help to have that feeling when it comes to Mighty No. 9

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,563. Posted:

Yeah, the way MN09 looks right now isn't really eye pleasing and a show for a game. I mean, the franchise is getting a cartoon show this early when the game is not even near completion. The cartoon concept itself isn't looking too hot either, but if TMNT and the Starwars cgi cartoon are anything to go by, then the MN09 cartoon could be good. Still wished it went with its 2D art though, 3D Beck's design is just... meh.
Untitled
It could be worse.

Anyway, I'll reserve judgement when the game is in its BETA phase or when it gets a playable demo.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,564. Posted:

Well I have been playing Mega Man Ultimate the past few days (found out that my PS4 controller will work on the game XD) for a fan game this game is done really well. The only thing I find that the difficulty can be a tad on the high side especially Rainbow Man's stage. Still it is a real great game. Have any of you guys played it yet? If so what did you think of it?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,565. Posted:

I'm still at the Fortress stages of Megeman Unlimited. Took a break from it to play other games but I know I'll beat it within the year just like I did with MM9&10. It really is challenging, I'd classify it on the same league as MM 9. Have you tried Yoku Man's stage? For a secret stage, it is one trippy romp that incorporates the disappearing blocks along with a lengthy labyrinth to boot. The music itself sounds great too.

If you liked MMU, then I recommend you to try out Mega Man Rock Force, another solid attempt of a Classic style Classic game. The Day in the Limelight games are fun too, you get to play as the Robot Masters in playing in the RM stages that ascend them (eg MM1 bosses take on MM2 stages; MM2 bosses take on MM3, etc).

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,566. Posted:

@Karakato: I haven't tried Yoku Man's stage yet but I have seen Roham Mythril's play though of it and it is indeed a very interesting stage. I know that stage will give me quite a challenge especially the parts with those hologram machines I guess I would call them are in.

I have yet to play Rock Force mainly cause I can't get a controller to work on it, yeah I know I can use the keyboard but I just can't do to well with the keyboard it just feels awkward playing NES style games using a keyboard if that makes sense at all. I will have to check out The Day in the Limelight games didn't even know about them till now but they sound interesting.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,567. Posted:

Nah, i won't play 'fan made' mega man games. :P if it's not legit, the sooner i'll quit. lol
On another note, mighty n.9 looks lifeless....Here's hoping it gets an overhaul before release!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,568. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nah, i won't play 'fan made' mega man games. :P if it's not legit, the sooner i'll quit. lol
On another note, mighty n.9 looks lifeless....Here's hoping it gets an overhaul before release!

yer gonna miss out on the sensational bosses: instant ramen man, e coli man, illuminati man, cellulite man, freezer burn man, scab man, cupcake man, and mr goodbar man

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,569. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

If by an overhaul, you mean they're going to start begging for money anew, then I'd say it's fair to expect it.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,570. Posted:

Untitled
What came into my room this morning? It's the long awaited, hair raising sequel of one of my favorite Mega Man games, none other than Rock Man and Forte: A challenger from the Future for the Wonderswan. Oh, I also got a WS crystal if that means anything. Anyway, I've always wanted to play this authentically (I played it years ago on an emu) since grade school. Maybe it's the obscurity, maybe it's the weird Robot Masters (Aircon Man) but I've always been drawn to own a copy one day. And the day is now!!!

I've always known that this was a subpar game, and the novelty of the obscurity will rub off in sometime, but when I first saw this game back on the early 2000's, I was mystified because I didn't know much about it when I already played all the MM classic games(up to Bass). This was before I got acquainted with emu's mind you. I've always seen this as the game I was never meant to play because of it's obscurity and region, as if Fate held me back. And now that I own this, I feel like a part of my Mega Man fanatic has been completed.

I did not just get this game to play it for the experience, but to complete the metaphor (literal and figurative) of having fate in your own hands. For my friends, we are the masters of our own fate.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm off to play some Megaman Wonderswan action.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.