General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,541. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

@Waveboy Mmm, I have a feeling you have a big interest in Uranus, but I'm afraid, you can't choose him in the start. This game's structure is like the past GB games, where you must fight the first four sets of bosses before moving on to the second. And guess where Uranus lies in ;)

The 4 & 4 robot master structure is fine by me, guess I'll have to save the stinkiest RM til last. ;) I actually gave MMV a whirl about an hour ago, sunk in maybe 15 minutes just for kicks. I selected Neptune, and so far so great! I'm really enjoying it, and it's always exciting hearing new mega man music rather than putting up with the regurgitated offerings of the last 4. I like the new change in regards to the Mega 'fist' and that MMV is entirely space based. It stands out almost feels somewhat refreshing compared to the rest of the sequels....Including 4-6 on the NES which retreated familiar ground.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,542. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Uranus shall be my first pick. I love robot masters based on stinky planets. ;) Ogo can relate, what, with that ancient cluster of smelly moldy chester cheetos stuck in that massive belly button of his.

accept me for who i am

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,543. Posted:

The recent release of the Game Boy titles on the eShop has stirred up my Mega Man appetite again. To satisfy my craving, I recently started Mega Man Revolution and it's pretty decent so far. The level design and music aren't quite up to Capcom standards, but they're by no means bad. The bosses themselves are pretty neat and are fun to fight, with some interesting weapon ideas.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,544. Posted:

Mega Man Revolution is alright but as far as aesthetics go, it doesn't have that "Mega Man flare" that Mega Man Unlimited and Rock Force have. Also some of the sprites need polish, bosses like Cryo Man feel out of place in the MM series. That said, I do like that they kept the Mega arm from MMV and the slide from MM3 and not just opt for the MM2-like style of game play. Achievements were also a neat addition. Didn't go far into this one, only beat the Robot Masters. Just saw how the fortress stages were like and honestly, I don't think I want to play through that. I would rather play the Day in the Limelight games where you play as the robot masters. The first one was a blast, can't wait to play the second.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,545. Posted:

lol ive been on a mega man rampage lately. finished mega man 1-5 recently.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,546. Posted:

Just gotta say, Mighty N.9 as of now, looks like crap. I'm sorry, but it looks like a far cry Vs the original art-based screen shot. Maybe it's too early to make a call, but so far color me unimpressed. the animations look wooden & clunky and i'm not sold on that new dash they incorperated in the game play either.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,547. Posted:

Well seeing as there's not even a beta demo or something..

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,548. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Yeah....it's got a long ways to go. I'd be against showing pre-alpha footage/screens or at least showcase it when it gets to a point of actually being presentable. :P Mega Man 8 & Mega Man and bass as of now looks a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,549. Posted:

The game all around looks a bit uninspired to be honest, a problem with the design by commite is that everyone voted for the choices that made the game so close to Megaman, that it can't stand on its own.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,550. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

The game all around looks a bit uninspired to be honest, a problem with the design by commite is that everyone voted for the choices that made the game so close to Megaman, that it can't stand on its own.

And i dropped $75 for this on Kickstarter. :P Heck, At this point, i'm far more excited to to do Mega Man's Final Smash attack in SSB.U :P Mighty N.9 based on what has been shown is very very mechanical, drab and industrial in presentation compared to the lush colorful and organic worlds present in the classic MM series.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,551. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mega Man 8 & Mega Man and bass as of now looks a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

mega man 8 is a good game.
ogo79 has spoken.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,552. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mega Man 8 & Mega Man and bass as of now looks a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

mega man 8 is a good game.
ogo79 has spoken.

I enjoyed it more than 4,5,6 & 10. ;)
It was kind of exciting too because it made the leap to 32-bits(where as 4,5 & 6 on the NES recycled the same 8-bit poop and it was starting to get pretty stale. 6 titles from one series is too much for one console haha), so it had that going for it as well. Even though most of the soundtrack was questionable, but it is unique for the franchise even if it does tend to sound like Japanese bubble gum elevator sauna twilight tunes.

Still i hated the US rendition of the opening theme and the animated cut scenes were too dark & serious, lacked music, had horrid acting(forget dr. wily's whisp, mega man's voice was unbearable) and just didn't gel with the overall colorful, happy and vibrant feeling that the game itself had. weird match!

If the US versions opening theme song was the JAP version(even without the lyrics) and axed the animated cutscenes it could of left a better lasting impression.lo

Also, Astro man sounds like a barber tranny. I love em! @ 0:10 & 4:47 I should give him a call for an Astro trim. :*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,553. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

And i dropped $75 for this on Kickstarter. :P Heck, At this point, i'm far more excited to to do Mega Man's Final Smash attack in SSB.U :P Mighty N.9 based on what has been shown is very very mechanical, drab and industrial in presentation compared to the lush colorful and organic worlds present in the classic MM series.

It was the hype man, its when a storm of gaming kickstarters first happened and did very well. The game can still be good but its going to be looked at hindsight as off brand mega man in the worst way possible. At least with games like Guacameele and Shovel knight your getting spins on already made gameplay styles without it being a carbon rippoff. Hell IGA could launch a kickstarter that's a pure rip off of castlevaina and he would get by since castlevaina's setting is rather generic.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,554. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Also, Astro man sounds like a barber tranny. I love em! @ 0:10 & 4:47 I should give him a call for an Astro trim. :*

i know some people say the series started to fall off but i like all the classic series. more of the same is okay with me.
also, that barber knows how to cut a mean mohawk

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,555. Posted:

Unbelievable....

"Despite raising $3,845,170, the Mighty No.9 developers are asking for additional money for new bonus content to add to the game. The new stretch goals which have been added include full English voice acting, plus a new Mighty No. 9 animated series. However, according to Comcept, this drive is not for the animated series. You can read all about their ideas on the Kickstarter page."

Don't they already have well over enough to cover this themselves? I mean seriously, i don't know how much it costs to make a downloadable PS2 looking mega man game such as this, but it seems that Comcept is getting a little greedy me thinks. I already regret dropping $75 on it's Kickstarter page. I hope the final product looks a lot better than what was shown in the latest trailer....

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,556. Posted:

I'm really starting to question Mighty No. 9 too. :/ Really hoping this will still be a good game in the end, but for now it looks like the initial kickstsrter's success is going to everyone's head.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,557. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm really starting to question Mighty No. 9 too. :/ Really hoping this will still be a good game in the end, but for now it looks like the initial kickstsrter's success is going to everyone's head.

I'm with you. Honestly, it's just another Mega Man clone with a lamer looking character, less color and less interesting bosses and environments.
I doubt it will come close to the greatness of Shovel Knight. Mighty N.9 will end up being what everybody expected, but worse. ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,558. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

i know some people say the series started to fall off but i like all the classic series. more of the same is okay with me.
also, that barber knows how to cut a mean mohawk

Mega man 1,2 & 3 are the equivalent of StarWars Episode IV, V & VI as Jonathon Homes once said, but as for 4-6? I've honestly never really cared for them. 6 is just forgettable outside of the awesome sauce that is centaur man, 5 is the safest by the numbers sequel that feels extremely bland and 4 is a complete mixed bag. Neither of the 3 live up to the first 3 imo, plus they have that stale factor going on as well. 6 games that reuse the same mega man sprite & Style(ect) all released on one console is bound to get tiring. :P

I tend to swap between 4 & 5, but one thing is centaur man certain, they both cripple mega man 6. ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,559. Posted:

Yeah, the more that gets released about Mighty No. 9, the more I'm less enthusiastic about it. With the additional crowd funding for a game which already made almost $4 million, and this animated TV series which doesn't look good at all from the teaser, it just seems more and more soulless.

Also, if you already have a TV series confirmed which assumingly would have a full English voice-acting cast, why do you need $100,000 for in-game voice acting? You have the cast already, just get them to say some extra lines in the recording studio.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,560. Posted:

haha, the game isn't even finished yet and there's an animated TV series in the works? wow....One would think that if a game or series becomes succsesful THEN they would bring on the merchandising. Sounds like they're all getting a little over confident up there.

So far it looks like a long lost PS2 game and does absolutely nothing special from a game play perspective. I want my $75 back Inafune! :P i could buy so many things with that much coinage.....like....like.... 50 snickers bars, a Domino's Pizza and an NES copy of Rad Racer ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock