General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,596

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,501. Posted:

Working on Mega Man III myself. Does Snake Man's level ever end??

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,502. Posted:

Never thought Snake Man's level to be that bad, same with Dust Man whose Level does seem to have two parts where you need pixel perfect jumps. If you want a bad stage, try playing Dive Man's stage. I swear, the amplified water physics plus the orgy of death spikes make this seem close to MMX6 levels of frustration. Other than that though, I beat MM III on my second playthrough without any problems. I stated before that this game was the middle ground from the 5 games but that doesn't make it any bad. Heck, even Dr. Wily's Revenge was a fun trip.

I can't wait to double dip on IV and V, both of which are in my top 10 MM games.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,503. Posted:

It's not bad, but it's way too long. I keep dying before I even see the boss door, and that's after over 5 minutes of play. I don't think any of the other stage is even half that long...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,504. Posted:

Alright Neptune is down now and now I am going after Venus. Is it me though or do the Stardroids weapons suck? I mean I have only two of them but so far I have not had the urge to use them. Are the other ones any better?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,505. Posted:

@Tasuki Well, the Grab buster from Mercury has its uses, mainly for regaining your health with a decent ammo consumption, and Venus' Bubble bomb is good for taking out enemies one ceilings. But beyond that, the other two of the first batch of stardroids give you pretty lackluster weapons. At least the weapons from the second set of Stardroids have some utility uses if you want to get everything in the game like Pluto's Break dash and smirk Uranus' Deep Digger smirk . Not to mention Terra has the incredibly useful Spark Chaser.

Anyway, I double dipped on MM IV and cannot wait to play it again since I haven't touched my GB copies in a long time.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,506. Posted:

@Karakato: Ah ok as of now I only have the Grab buster and Salt Water and I wasn't impressed with Salt Water at all. I can't even remember a worst looking weapon from any of the Mega Man games.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,507. Posted:

Ok so a quick Mega Man V update, beat Mars and I have to say boy was his level a pain. I especially didn't like those rocket bomb things. Still that is three bosses down. :)

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,508. Posted:

Just recently I beat Mega Man II for the first time and I figured I might as well share my thoughts.

From the minute you hear the opening title theme, you know the music is going to be awful. It's just ear grating and not pleasent in the slightest. I'm guessing that there are some decent compositions hidden somewhere under the abysmal instrumentation, but it's hard to tell. The only two songs I found bearable were Metal Man's stage and the final Wily stage. Aside from the music though, I found the gameplay to be rather bland and uninspired. While Dr. Wily's Revenge put a spin on the levels it borrowed, these feel like a copy and paste job from the NES games, just less exciting.

I can't say I noticed too many of the sprites to be poorly made except for the final boss. I have to point it out because I couldn't even tell it was Wily until I had beaten the first phase of the fight. So to sum it all up, I can't really recommend the game unless you know what you're getting into and are simply curious as to how bad the game is.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,509. Posted:

Just bought Xtreme 2 and having beat the X scenario and tackle one maverick from the Zero scenario, I have to say it's a major step up from the first game. For one, most of the stages do feel more like Remixes of the SNES games rather than a rehash as opposed to the first. Also, there is a shop in the stage select for you to buy (useful) enhancement chips owned by the tragically popular Iris from X4. Really, these chips basically overpower an already overpowered armored X which reaches the OP levels of the Ultimate Nova-spamming armor from the playstation games. Lastly, there's Zero who takes cues from X4 and fights alongside X as a fully playable character. If you could only get one of the Xtreme games, choose this by a long shot. The game brings more to the table and gives the player a better incentive to replay the game three times. Is it better than MM IV or V on the GB? not really but out of the 6 GB games released this may, this definitely comes third.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,510. Posted:

Made some more progress on Mega Man V. I defeated Venus and Dark Moon and now I have the other four Stardroids to do.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,511. Posted:

Well Pluto is down and now I am onto Uranus. This one is a toughy particularly the mini boss. The main problem I have with him is the moving platform.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,512. Posted:

So a couple months ago I gave the original series canon a chance (albeit on Mega Man Anniversary Collection) and I was so glad that I did (but I felt bad for not truly appreciating the original games until recently because most of them are really enjoyable). I played and beat the first six games consecutively, and I liked them. I liked II and III the most, with IV being a close third, and feeling that VI (while still fun) was the weakest out of the 8-bit games. My least favorite entry in the original series canon is the 16-bit Mega Man VII, which I personally found highly disappointing and stale (since nothing really new was contributed for this entry), and a little depressing as well because I had gotten to like the previous six iterations right beforehand (each of which felt fresh with new ideas even though the formula was the same). I wanted to like it, because admittedly there is a lot to like in it, but I could just not bring myself to do so. Also, incredibly unreasonable final boss encounter with Dr. Wily just kills the game for me, and it took Capcom three months to make this game... that's an achievement, I'll give it that much (but the fact that they deliberately made Dr. Wily's second form hard; now that's just despicable). Though honestly I'd much rather play Mega Man X2 and X3 than to go through VII, if only 'cause at least those two are enjoyable (even though I don't think either sequel is as good as the first Mega Man X). Oh well, at least I had fun playing the first six games (and more good than bad is better than nothing),... can't say how I feel about Mega Man 8 because I haven't touched it in years. I did unlock the two arcade Mega Man fighting games in the process: I didn't like them either, for they were way too short and way too mindnumbingly easy for their own good (though I'll admit the visuals are pretty to look at).

So here is my order of favorites with the original series canon:

• Mega Man III (best)
  • Mega Man II
  • Mega Man IV
  • Mega Man V
  • Mega Man
  • Mega Man VI

Worst offender:
Mega Man VII

To each their own

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,513. Posted:

@WanderFan91: That is pretty much how I rank them too. While alot of people feel that Mega Man II was the cream of the crop I actually like III more. I dont know if it's just the darker undertones of that game or the fact that they introduce so much that became staples in the series but I just like III more.

As for the Arcade games they are fun with another player but like you said they are just too easy for their own good. They are a nice little bonus though.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,514. Posted:

I like how Proto Man (or Blues like he was known in Japan) was introduced in Mega Man III and how his role (good guy or bad guy) is left ambiguous (until the very end, but he still retains his mysterious edge), sort of like how Meta Knight is in the Kirby series. :) Oh, and Mega Man's robotic pet pooch Rush is nice too, but Proto Man is cooler. I liked the new characters that were introduced in IV (Eddie the lottery robot, who I've grown to like as a secondary character; another reason I don't like Mega Man VII: he's not even in it! :| Oh, and Dr. Cossack and his daughter were okay) and V (the robotic bird Beat, who's cute but has got a powerful arsenal; in VII he just lifts you up from offscreen, and he can only do it four times period once you find him) as well. In Mega Man VI I was just dumbfounded as to what Mr. X's secret is (like it's hard to put two and two together when after five games it's obvious who he really is, which contradicts what he said in the intro about not needing Dr. Wily's help anymore and having "manipulated him all along"). I mean, really, that is just ridiculous... about as ridiculous as the final boss in VI being a cakewalk in and out of comparison to everything else, imo.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,515. Posted:

Lol yeah I love Mr. X. All he did was put on some shades and a beard. As Roham Mythril said in his Mega Man VI perfect runs, "Is there anyone out there that was actually surprised that Mr. X was indeed Wily?" Lol.

Speakin of robotic animal companions I would love to see Tango come back if Capcom ever does a Mega Man 11.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,516. Posted:

Well, Tango did make a cameo in Proto man's scenario in MM10, though I'm quite disappointed they didn't make him an assist item, next game maybe? As for my ranking it changes slightly year to year, but I'd go:
3 > 9 > V > MM&B > IV > 2 > 7 > 5 > 10 > 6 > 4 > III > 8 > Wily's Revenge > 1 > II > MM&B2 >>>> PC trash

Yep, that's alot of games and this is not including the good number of fan games I played. Despite what a good chunk think of MM7, it definitely feels like a breath of fresh air after playing the NES games. It took cues from the GB games and added in a shop system. I also like that there are secrets to be found in each stage and how some of the weapons affect them. Speaking of which, the weapons you get from this game are a step up compared to the likes of 4,5&6. Not only are they fun to use, but the also serve as utilities that can open secret paths. As much as people love to hark on the last boss, I loved the challenge and didn't really think he was all that bad. Just wished it wasn't another appearing/disappearing saucer battle.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,517. Posted:

I hear that the ending of Mega Man VII was not appropriately emulated in Mega Man Anniversary Collection, as Capcom used an entirely different one (from what I recall looking up years ago).

I haven't played Mega Man 9 and 10, but I've heard good things about them; it's just too bad that I wasn't that head over heels about the original series canon back when they came out, otherwise I would've gladly went for them. :( I'm really missing out I realize; I would like for these two to be rereleased again (maybe for the Nintendo Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS).

I wasn't too big on the original series years ago, but I did like the X series and beat the first three games on Mega Man X Collection... and that's it. For some reason I stopped playing while in the middle of Mega Man X4, but I did unlock Mega Man Battle & Chase, and the crazy thing is that it was never released in America by itself. Why? It's not that bad! Okay, so it's one of those kart racing games that apes off of Mario Kart (much like CTR: Crash Team Racing did years later,............. and several others as well), but all things considered I thought it was a fun racing game all by itself. Very colorful too, though visually it's not as good as it looked back then. It's a little unfair that it was only released in Europe and Japan, as I don't think it's that bad a Mega Man spinoff; not great, but it could've been worse. :)

Would've liked it if it had come in America as well; like fun titles such as Pop'n TwinBee, Super Bomberman 3, Terranigma, Parodius Da!, TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure, Mickey's Wild Adventure (the PlayStation port of Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse), or even----
Untitled
Xandra no Daibōken: Valkyrie to no Deai, otherwise known as Whirlo in Europe; I kind of regret importing this one =( It's messed me up emotionally
Okay, they can keep that one!

... Sorry, I do that sometimes. Mega Man Battle & Chase; imo, not great but not bad either. Should probably consider looking for Mega Man Soccer one of these days... not sure how that concept was possible (Mega Man and the Robot Masters playing soccer against each other), but I'm intrigued.

To each their own

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,518. Posted:

Speaking specifically about the Classic series, I notice flaws in the games just like anyone else. I find it hard to truely dislike any of them, though. It makes it difficult to rank them, and as a result I have no such list. I like them all, some more than others and some for different reasons. Most complaints about the games I disagree with because of my overall positive attitude toward the series. Right off the top of my head, the only game I have some strong complaints about is Mega Man 5. However, it is in no way a bad game or a bad entry in the series, and I do enjoy playing it much like any of the others. It just seems to have more flaws than some other titles.

Making a giant list seems time consuming and unnecessary, but if we were to start individual discussions about specific games, I'd be more than happy to give my two cents on them. If anyone cares, that is. :D

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,519. Posted:

Mega Man 6 flat out sucks, at least when compared to the previous 6 classic Mega man games. It will actually make you appreciate MM5. ;)
Yet on it's own, it's OK....if that.

Still, i had a blast using Jet Rush and hovering over 'time freezing' Centaur man's and his pesky projectiles. :P Centaur man himself is one of my favorite Robot masters(So unique!) and i really liked the relaxing aquatic Marshy' tunes for his relaxing greece inspired water museum(whatever the hell it is) based stage.

Yet It's just....6 feels like the most uninspired of the 8-bit lot, it's rushed, it's way too easy, the robot masters are easily the worst the series has ever seen and the plot was wasn't fooling anyone. :P I payed $50 for the cart...Should of put it towards Mega Man V on the GameBoy instead....But seeing as how i can nab it for about $3.99 on the 3DS's VC, i won't have to. Now we just need 7 on the Wii U's VC and maybe 8 on the EShop, including the SNES version of Mega Man & Bass....that's another one of my mega favorites, at least the GBA version, which is boasting a superior soundtrack Vs the SNES version imo.

2 > 9 > 1 > MM&B > 3 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 10 > 6

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,520. Posted:

I have yet to play Mega Man 9 and 10 guess I should download those one of these days.

As for the original series I don't know about six being the worst, I actually liked six over five. Five just felt bland to me and rushed more so then six. Way to many generic enemies in five. I mean how many times did they reuse those robot chickens. There were no unique enemies in the stages of five that seemed to fit only in that stage.

As for seven its been awhile since I played that one. Perhaps I will hook up my Wii this weekend and do a playthrough of the AC on Gamecube.

My Backlog