General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,563

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,481. Posted:

So it looks like we got Mega Man Xtreme today on the 3DS VC. I have never played this one yet alone heard of it. Is it any good? Or should I hold off on this one?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,482. Posted:

Well I played it before and I wasn't that into it, Couldn't really pin point why at that time aside from the controls. Playing it again this time on the 3DS, I just beat the intro stage and the two bosses and I have to say, If you've played MMX and MMX2 then you've basically played 80% of the game. If the first three stages are a given, then stage elements from the SNES games were rehashed. Also, Dashing is very awkward to use. You can either press start, double tap the dpad, or press Down+Jump, all of which are a bit finicky for someone who has just played MMX3. This wouldn't be a problem if the Gameboy Virtual console games had the option to map the button layout but at least Dashing is a bit more downplayed in this game.

In terms of presentation, the game looks and sounds great. Props to the devs for translating the snes games to the GBC screen. Even in a smaller sprite size X manages to move gracefully. The only negative thing about it is the limited view, I had a few instances where I would run into an enemy or fall into a death trap without warning.

Anyway, I guess this is a neat yet flawed conversion that shares the problems of the first MM GB game. Though If you can only get one MM game, just pass this up for MMIV or MMV (Haven't played Xtreme 2 yet so I can't judge But I heard it's better than the first with a playable Zero). But if you have money to burn or want MMX on the go, it's worth a shot. I mean it's this or that MMX iphone game... or wait for a sale.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,483. Posted:

@Karakato: Wow thanks for the in depth explanation. I think I will hold off on this one for now as I don't have too much money to burn atm. I guess if I really want to play it that bad I am sure I can find other ways to play it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,484. Posted:

This doesn't interest me all that much. From what others have said it seems that just playing the original Mega Man X on SNES is a better alternative. It certainly doesn't jump out as something I must get. I am, however, interested in the other Gameboy Mega Man games. I've played very little of them but remember liking them. I'll probably check them out when they release later this month.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,485. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: The main one I am looking forward to probably like everyone else is Mega Man V on GB because of how different the story is compared to all the other Mega Mans. I remember seeing that game back in the day in Nintendo Power but I never was able to get the game. Either I never had the money as a kid, or when I did the stores were sold out of it etc. Been wanting to play that one for something like 20 years now lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,486. Posted:

Megaman Xtreme 2 is much better than 1 with more original content, story, and controls. Just wait for that one. Hope it's next honestly, then V.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,487. Posted:

They already said they are releasing the next games in chronological order, so next week we'll be getting Mega Man II and III, the former of which is the worst one of the bunch... and also the easiest. Hope you guys are up for a sloppy breather after the challenging first game.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,488. Posted:

For MMX on the go, I have Maverick Hunter X on the PSP. Now that's a great game.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,489. Posted:

Oh yeah, how did I forget about that one :O Yeah compared to that, MM Xtreme now feels redundant except to show the GBC's power. I'd Buy Maverick hunter if Capcom decides to rerelease it on consoles or the 3DS so I can have an all in one MM player.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,490. Posted:

I'd love to see Maverick Hunter X re-released in some form. That and Mega Man Powered Up were the only two PSP games I was interested in. Needless to say, I never owned a PSP, so I never played either of these. If only they'd been ported to another system at some point. Having them as PSP only never sat right with me. I'd also love to see the Super Famicom version of Mega Man & Bass on VC, but I'd be content if they at least release the GBA version.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,491. Posted:

Maverick Hunter X is playable on the Vita at least.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,492. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Maverick Hunter X is playable on the Vita at least.

It was also rereleased on a combo pack with powered-up.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,493. Posted:

Yeah, a Vita does sound nice right now, too bad I'm low on cash for the next few months. I can't really support more than 2 current consoles without having to axe out and expenses for my other hobbies. Besides, think about how Good Powered up and Maverick hunter would look when rendered in HD. I would post a pic of some HD filtered shots, but I think that would go against the site's rules. I would pay to see that game rereleased on the console PSN.

@MegaStoneSmash91 If MM&B were to be released, I seriously hope its the translated Super Famicom version. The music, controls(For Bass), and view window totally make it a hundred times more playable than the GBA port. Not that it was Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis gba or anything but the original game is one of the most challenging MM games out there and the screen crunch just adds to the difficulty.But alas, with the WiiU gba VC releases, we all know which version is more likely.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,494. Posted:

@Karakato Yeah, the GBA version is the one they'd release, and I agree about all the problems with the lesser version. I'm surprised Capcom didn't already jump at the chance with the Mega May event, though that's focusing on the 3DS eshop. Despite owning the GBA cartridge, I'd probably buy it on the Wii U VC since I would most likely enjoy it more on there. The only thing I have to play it on is my old DS Lite, and I find the button mapping to be somewhat uncomfortable for this game. Plus, the larger screen may make the smaller GBA screen view feel like less of an issue.

Oh, and Mega Man X3 would be nice to see on the VC. I've played little of the SNES version and would like to own it in some form without paying over $100 for a cartridge. I do technically own the game already in the X Collection, but I'd also like to have the SNES version at my disposal.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,495. Posted:

I played X3 on the X collection and wasn't too impressed after playing X 1 & 2. It was only till I got the SNES version (had to go out on a limb to get that one) that I really did appreciate what was put into it. It is a great game and the inclusion of a "playable" Zero is an interesting concept.

I guess the one glaring problem the game had was the Sound Track. Each track ranged from decent to down right dull. It's not that it's bad mind you but the X series is known for it's energetic rocking music and IMO X3 does not stack up close to most of the games in that regard.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

1,496. Posted:

soo you guys ever heard of this mega man game? i'm just surpised Capcom actually made a racing game.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Chun Li is a cute character for an interpol officer.

I like the movie Independance Day because of Will Smith.

Titanic was a pretty sad movie.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,497. Posted:

@DiscoDriver43: Yeah I remember seeing that game being included on the Megaman X Collection but sadly I sold my copy of that game before I could Unlock Battle and Chase.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,498. Posted:

I could never get Battle & Chase, since I could never beat X3 and X6...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,499. Posted:

I did get to unlock Battle and Chase, was a fairly fun Kart game that I didn't send much time with. Beating X3 was simple if you did get the Golden armor and the Z-saber. X6 though can go to the pits though with its fetish for spikes.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,500. Posted:

Ok so I beat my first Stardroid in Mega Man V today on the 3DS VC and I have to say I am enjoying this game alot. I can't tell now cause I only played it a bit but so far this game is shaping up to be one of my favorite Mega Man games right behind Mega Man 2 (NES) and 3 (NES). I loved the battle with Mercury and can't see what the others have to offer.

Now I am taking on Neptune. Just because that was the one I selected cause I don't see any names for them on their select screen.

My Backlog