General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,569

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,461. Posted:

All i care about playing at this point is Mega Man 7 Problem is, Capcom for same insane reason has no desire to release it on the VC. Stopping with 6(the worst classic mega man in the series) should be a crime. ;)

I do want to start a game of Mega Man Zero 2, but it's just not on the 'important list'. :P The MMX & Zero series just don't hook me the same way that classic does, zero was a phenomenal game no doubt, but do I really need to experience 3 more sequels of it that probably don't do much to freshen things up? eh, maybe, but just not right now. :P

Especially when i have more important things to get on like my Wii U & Zelda ALTTP!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,462. Posted:

@CountWavula
I actually just finished playing through Mega Man 7 again, and my opinion of it hasn't really changed. It's certainly a breath of fresh air after 6 NES games, but I just don't like it all that much. I feel like some of the level designs are just plain annoying, and having hidden items spread throughout levels was a cool idea, but it's done nowhere near as well as in the X series. Right now I need to replay Mega Man 8 to see which of the two takes the cake as my least favorite Classic game ;)

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,463. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@CountWavula
I actually just finished playing through Mega Man 7 again, and my opinion of it hasn't really changed. It's certainly a breath of fresh air after 6 NES games, but I just don't like it all that much. I feel like some of the level designs are just plain annoying, and having hidden items spread throughout levels was a cool idea, but it's done nowhere near as well as in the X series. Right now I need to replay Mega Man 8 to see which of the two takes the cake as my least favorite Classic game ;)

That's the thing, the fact that MM7 is boasting 16-bit Visuals, SNES SFX and uses the SNES controller gives mega man that Next-Gen step/ fresh of breath air that it rightfully deserves after 3 previous NES sequels that felt like mixed bag-expansion packs. Mega Man 5 was bland yet inviting, the definitive pick up and play mega for new comers but it just didn't have the quality of the first 3, , while 6....6 was just a waste. Going through the motions would be a compliment for this sleep inducing monkey dub sequel. ;)

At least MM7 has shade man, aka Count Chocula's cybernetic brother from another robo mother. :* Anyhoo, i played mega man 7 back on the SNES at a friends house during the mid 90's for about 20 minutes, it was realllly neat experiencing mega man in 16-bit glory, but i remember being a bit put off by the larger sprites, something felt a little off or stiff with the controls, it didn't gel or controls quite as tight as something like Mega Man 3 for ex. I played the intro stage and cloud man's and then my friend decided it was 'times up' :P I forgot what game he plunked in next, but yeah, i guess i missed out....or not, since 7 IS considered to be one of the worst in the classic series.

as for MM8. I played it back in my teen years and i really enjoyed it.....Once i got past the wretched high pitched voice for mega man himself, the atmospheric ambient techno soundtrack, and depressing FMV opening(Japanese music was so much better than what we got!).....And like 7, what made this one special was that it was now in 32-bit, so it had that going for it as well. Beats Mega Man 6 that's for sure!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,464. Posted:

X is joining the Megaman comic series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,465. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

X is joining the Megaman comic series.

Yeah, thanks for the spoiler but it was bound to happen. :P
i need to order issues 9-12, pretty far behind....

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,466. Posted:

Well I finally got to sit down and play Mega Man the Wily Wars which is basically the Super Mario Allstars for Mega Man. Its nice to see the graphics in 16 bit glory it reminds me alot of Mega Man 7. The music however I am not to keen on the remixes. For one thing it sounds like they slowed down the songs from their original versions. Controls are a bit tighter then what I am use to playing them on the NES which has caused my timing to be a bit off in places. For one thing it feels like Mega Man is moving in molasses but I got use to it quick enough. One thing that bugs me and threw me off in the Gemini Man stage is that when Mega Man is using either the Rush Jet or the Rush Marine if you touch something he will automatically get out of the craft. I only played Mega Man 3 but so far its a faithful remake of the series. I hope that one day this will come to VC services.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,467. Posted:

@Toobular_Tasuki
I hated The Wily wars back when i rented it on Genesis...It lacked the magic and brilliance of the earlier NES-mega man games. Like you pointed out, the audio was off....it sounded terrible and lost the simplicity and catchyness of the original NES versions. the graphics were aslo unappealing imo...it didn't look as good as 7, nor was the color pallette as varied and vibrant. Another pifall to the Sega Genesis. It's probably still better than Mega Man 6 though, anything is better than that waste of a sequel. it should of never existed. ;)

Yeah, WIly Wars looks barely over 8-bit if you ask me. ;)

Wily Wars
Untitled

MM7
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,468. Posted:

I'd have to agree with @Wavedude Wily wars isn't the best way to play the classic trilogy, but at least its got the exclusive Wily Tower. Really, that's the only thing to look forward to if you've played the NES games and it is honestly a great side game. I love the Bosses there who are based on characters from Journey to the West and are quite fun to fight. I haven't finished it though, and I only plan to continue if I ever nab myself a reproduction cart and a Genesis system.

As for the graphics, I do like how Mega has turned out but I'm not alright with how lifeless the stages look compared to the Nes counterparts. Even if the backdrops are more detailed, the darker colors take away the lively charm of the Classic. Also if the OST is to go by, the Classic music is not meant for Genesis instruments. Period.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,469. Posted:

I feel like I need to give a shoutout to @Shiryu for the fantastic work on his new Mega Man remix album. I just finished listening to it today and it's pretty good stuff, you can check it out here if you want. It's certainly better than anything Capcom has been giving us of late :P

The Gameboy Mega Man games were supposed to come out by the end of the year, but it looks like another promise fell through.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Shiryu

1,470. Posted:

Thanks man, glad you appreciated. ^_^
More to come in 2014! But for now, "F-Zero" tomorrow and the 25 years of Megadrive on Friday the 20th.

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,471. Posted:

No problem :D

The Wily Castle stage is one of my favorite tracks in the series and you did a great job with it. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for next year.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,472. Posted:

Speaking of Mega man albums, there is a fan made MM game that was canceled a year ago, but the team members decided to pull through with the Sound track. Pretty nifty songs if you ask me, some of the the songs here measure up to the best of the NES games. Check them out here.
Untitled
More art Here.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,473. Posted:

I've been wondering for a while..... is it Mega Man or Megaman the right way? it always gets me confused....

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,474. Posted:

Some fan just made an anime opening mockup based on the Mega Man Gigamix manga by Hitoshi Ariga and it is awesome. I would totally fund this if it were kickstarted as a series.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,475. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I've been wondering for a while..... is it Mega Man or Megaman the right way? it always gets me confused....

You know I am not sure myself. Sometimes I spell it Mega Man other times its Megaman. I have seen it spelled both ways a various places so I am not even sure it one is right and one is wrong.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,476. Posted:

So I guess that story about Capcom losing the source code or whatever it was for the Megaman Game Boy games was just a lie

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/six_portable_mega_ma...

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,477. Posted:

@Tasuki They have the ROMS... not sure if they're the same as the source code though. Also, I already have the 5 GB games in Cartridge form , but I'll gladly double dip just to have them in english. MM IV and V were really great, which surprised me since the past three games felt a bit chopped down. MMII though... I hope you guys aren't playing that game with headphones. Also, Megaman from the FUTURE?!? WITH A POGO STICK?!?!? smh

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,478. Posted:

So... Mega May starts tomorrow and we'll be getting one of the six MM GB games that were voted. I'm holding out for either MMV or MM Xtreme 2 but I'm sure both those games have a chance in winning the votes.

Anyway, with my finals over with, I decided to reward myself with these two neat figures from Bandai's D-arts Line. Definitely one for the MM fans out there, hope Bandai decides to do more classic characters.
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,479. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

@Tasuki They have the ROMS... not sure if they're the same as the source code though.

Still it kinda irked me when they used that excuse for cancelling the Mega Man GB Collection on what either GBA or DS I forgot which system it was for. Still I guess now I will be able to finally play Mega Man V on GB and in the end that's all that matters right?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,480. Posted:

Yeah, kinda bummed we did not get that GBA game. Was looking forward to play it alongside the Console anniversary collection. But at least other players can experience it now that the games are coming to the eshop without having to track down the real carts themselves.

Also, speaking of handheld games, think Mega man and Bass (gba) will be coming to the WiiU eshop? I'm sure Capcom will not bother translating the superior SFC original but I think this game is really great despite all the flak it gets for being too difficult (Burner Man and King Fortress 2 come to mind). Bass was super fun to play as and the weapons were interesting to say the least. I do hope that game gets a translated rerelease of it's original SFC version, as the gba version can suffer at times from screen crunch.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.