Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,441 to 1,455 of 1,455

Tasuki

@Octane True you might be right there. I guess we will have to wait and see. Any idea when it's being released or am I getting ahead here?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoPete

Okay - then I am going to ask here

I was wondering if anybody could help me figuring out who the Megaman is supposed to be on the very left on this shirt? https://www.play-asia.com/rockman-30th-anniversary-art-t-shir...
I know all the others but I just can't identify the left one unless it is one costume from one of the ZX games which I played but I can't remember. It would be cool if that would be the look of a secret Megaman X9 game - but I guess that is wishful thinking

NintendoPete

NintendoPete

@subpopz
That explains why I don't know this character. I just do not play on tablets or smartphones. And btw yes, that's the shirt I was talking about what a shame that it is missing the ZX Megaman.

Does anyone know if the Rockman X legacy/anniversary editions include the English language? Would really like to have both cartridges

Edit: just got the following reply from play-asia regarding my question:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com We are glad to hear that you are interested in purchasing Rockman X Anniversary Collection + Rockman X Anniversary Collection 2 [e-Capcom Canvas Art Limited Edition] from us. We would like to inform you that the language of this game will only be in Japanese and it will not have an English language/subtitle. Hoping for your kind understanding. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. Best regards, Hezelle Alcorano Play-Asia.com Customer Support Email: [email protected] Telephone: +85231450013

What a shame - so digital download it is

Edited on by NintendoPete

NintendoPete

NintendoPete

okay - I just beat Megaman X1 on Switch without Rookie mode and at the end there is the Capcom screen "Thanks for playing" - from that screen I cannot get back to the title screen so I exited the game via the minus button. Unfortunately I didn't get the medal "Beat Mega Man X1" even thoug I have the Special 1 Filter screen which I got for beating the first game. Does anybody else have this problem?

NintendoPete

NintendoPete

okay found out that I had to wait a bit longer on that screen which I did not - so I have to do all the Sigma levels again - don't know if I am going to do that - so be aware to wait for Sigma to appear after the Capcom message.

NintendoPete

Tasuki

So I am going to be downloading the Mega Man 11 demo today and give it a shot. I heard that some of Mega Man's movents feel a bit off compared to classic games like that his jumping and climbing feels a bit stiff. Anyone else experience this?

My Backlog

Agriculture

Tasuki wrote:

So I am going to be downloading the Mega Man 11 demo today and give it a shot. I heard that some of Mega Man's movents feel a bit off compared to classic games like that his jumping and climbing feels a bit stiff. Anyone else experience this?

In all the 8-bit games (including 9 and 10) except maybe Mega Man 1, Mega Man goes full speed right away. There's a tiny bit of delay on the animation in 11, which doesn't sound that bad until you consider the fact that Mega Man often is about turning back and forth in a split second. Hopefully they'll change this for the release.

Agriculture

Tasuki

So did a playthrough of the demo tonight and before I give my impressions let me just say that I have been a huge fan of Mega Man since the NES days. I remember my best friend back in the summer of 1991 going to visit his grandparents in Texas for a few weeks. I remember him writing me saying that his grandparents rented him a Nintendo from a local video store with some games, one of the games he rented was Mega Man 2. Before that point I never heard of Mega Man so I didn't know what to think. When he came back he clearly explained how much he liked it and we tried to rent it from our local video store but they didn't have it, instead they had Mega Man 3. Needless to say we got it and I was introduced to Mega Man that day. I have played and beat almost every game of the Classic series so I know my Mega Man so when they announced Mega Man 11 my younger self jumped for joy so after playing the demo here's my thoughts

First of the graphics are nice for a current gen take on classic Mega Man. Yes I prefer the sprite graphics but being that they wanted a Mega Man for the current gen so that being said the graphics suit the game very well and give that classic Mega Man feel. The controls however felt a bit stiff for being a Mega Man game especially when climbing a ladder. I don't know if this will be improved upon the get release or what but Mega Man just didn't feel as fluid as the past games.

The level design was a bit disappointing. Now I don't know if every level is going to be like this in length Block Man's felt too long and went on much too long. While the rooms and traps did suit the boss I just felt that it didn't need to be that long. In fact most of my deaths came from getting bored of the level. Other then that I liked it. The boss battle was good too. I never felt that he was a cheap boss.

As far as music went it was average but then again that could just be that level. Even with the original NES games was every levels music great so maybe that's the case here.

And my biggest gripe with this game so far the Double Gear system. Well let me say while it's an interesting system and I can see it helping newer players to the game, veteran players shouldn't be forced to use it. Then again every new thing introduced in a Mega Man game they darn well make sure you use it. They did that with Rush in Mega Man 3, and the Mega Buster in Mega Man 4 like, so it's no surprise that they do it with the Double Gear system. Quite honestly I.couldnt see how I could get pass some points in the stage withough using it.and In shouldn't be forced to use it.

Over all I am impressed with it, minus a few niggles. It's classic Mega Man returning for a new gen. It's definitely a better game then Mighty Number 9 and I am looking forward to this game.

My Backlog

NintendoPete

just received my Mega Man 2 Legacy Cartridge Collection Edition by iam8bit - which looks absolutely fantastic (even though I got the light blue version and not the rare dark blue glowing in the dark version).

What sucks it, that I had to pay import sales tax of 47€ for a game that costs 100$ plus 34$ shipping costs (to Germany). Which is approximately 114€. I don't really get why the import sales tax is so high, so I contacted DHL Express and gonna see what they have to say about it.

NintendoPete

Tasuki

So quick question did the Mega Man Legacy Collection ever get a physical release on Switch?

My Backlog

MarioVillager92

@Tasuki Kind of. It comes with a cart with the first Legacy Collection on it, but you'll have to input the included download code for the second one. Same thing with Mega Man X Legacy Collection on Switch.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Tasuki Yeah... I wish I was lying because I think that's dumb, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

tzahn

@Tasuki I could be wrong, but I believe the only way to get the second Mega Man Legacy Collection physically is to get the 5 in 1 box set which has physical versions of Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2, and Mega Man 11.

Love anything Zelda. Most other Ninty franchises too! Purposely vague...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7039-2998 | Nintendo Network ID: tzahn88

Sorry, this topic has been locked.