General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,596

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,421. Posted:

@CountWaveMan
Yeah, I don't know why the sliding is so finicky in 6, but it's not that big of a deal. If you think the game is easy now, just wait 'till you get the Jet Adapter.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,422. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I am always replaying the Mega Man games lol. That is one series I can't get tired of no matter how much I beat it. :D

This. So much this. :)

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,423. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I am always replaying the Mega Man games lol. That is one series I can't get tired of no matter how much I beat it. :D

This. So much this. :)

I got burnt out on Mega Man with the release of MM4 in the early 90's. Once a franchise gets to 4 it usually always feels worn out. :P Unless the 4th entry is released years later, especially on a newer console, instead of the never ending MM sequals that Capcom kept pumping out on the NES. :P It's one of the reasons why 9 felt so special....The last classic 8-bit MM game was released in the mid 90's, flash forward to over 10 years later and you have every boil and ghoul going BananaramaAnas, But most importantly, it's because it was a retro rebirth revival of old school NES visuals. It was a HUGE suprise during 2008/9

Anyways, I'm going to spend the time demolishing Mega Man 6 tomorrow before i get jackolantern and jiggly with my halloween gaming line up. B-) However, I'm a little disappointed in MM6's slide mechanic like i mentioned earlier, how in the hell is THAT an improvement? Who's brilliant idea was this? it feels broken....This will automatically make the game harder because your jumps after sliding will rarely ever work until you actually finish the slide.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,424. Posted:

the early 90s Megaman OVA has Megaman and Roll playing whack-a-mole

/no context given

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,425. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Ew, i heard about the Sonic & Mega Man cross over. I think I'll do myself an extra cinnalicious favor and skip the Mix Mash of Sonic Suckage. ;)
also i'm not too crazy over that art wark in the picture above(Not the shadow man cover art, i'm talking about the link with sonic and all of the robot masters ect), looks like a more simplistic Dexters Laboratory-ish take on the mega man-verse. The actual art in the ACTUAL mega man comics however is grade A stuff! Curious to see what happens with Oil & Time man. I love how they're not throwing tons of robot masters at you all at once. Anyways, looks like I'm way behind! Can't wait until things get darker, and Cutman gets shattered, or should i say SCISSORED muh....ha...ha. :*

Well, prepare to be disappointed, Spazantine, the artist responsible for the line art of the first four issues stops there doing the pencils for the comic pages. From issue 5 onwards, we'll be seeing different artists do the story art and none of them matched Spazantine's work. I was disappointed initially with the drop in quality but I it's understandable since Spazantine takes his sweet time perfecting the pencils. That's not to say the others are bad, heck Ben Bates who did the pencils for the MM2 arc and act 3 of the Sonic Crossover did a fine job. You can't rush a work of art but if you are in a comic book business, you have a deadline to meet.

Though be greatful at least Spazantine still does the cover art for most issues like the one I posted earlier.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,426. Posted:

GuyIncognito wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I just remembered Hyadain's Mega Man II Tributes. I always wished he'd finished doing that. He never got to Wood Man, Flame Man, or Air Man. Oh well.

Anybody else remember those?

Yeah, the metal man cover was his best, but I personally love his FFIV rendition. Kinda weird though that half of the RM songs are implying their affections towards megaman, except for crash man who flats out sings about it. shudder
The Megas on the other hand are unrivaled in their MM theme cover:
History Repeating - MM3 Intro
Gamma Unchained - MM3 Wily Castle1

I think you're referring to Zippo Man, Flame Man's from MM6

Bubble Man's song is my favorite. I feel like it had a more somber theme, and the random spanish was awesome. Really, I just like how he comes up with such fun and interesting lyrics for those songs. That's why I miss it so much.

And yeah, I meant Heat Man, I keep keep confusing him with all the other fire-related Robot Masters. :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,427. Posted:

Alright, I'm taking on Mega Man 6 in a couple of hours. But It's already getting a point docked off for it's clunky Slide-jumping! :P
But first, i'm going to read issue 5 & 6 of the Archie Mega man comics. And ugh, it's sad that the original Cover art artist, Spazini(however you spell is name) is no longer helming the actual art other than doing the covers. It will take a while for me to adjust to the new art stye, it's now officially got a more cartoony & goofy Archie zing to it, and doesn't have that westernized cool & highly detailed anime look to it.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,428. Posted:

call me a noob but it took me a very long while to finish Megaman 2 on 3DS VC!!! it was pretty good! :D I don't know, even though I REALLY suck at the Classic Megaman(and the X too) I love playing! it's hard IMPOSSIBLE to stop liking Megaman for me!!! :D

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,429. Posted:

SO, i restarted my game of Mega Man 6 last night and finished it in about 3-4 hours.....And overall i came out of the experience feeling unsatisfied, that something was just missing. I will say that i really loved the addition of Jet Mega man, it controls wonderfully as you manouver through the air, and lends you a hand at getting to those alternate paths and so much more. Plus, Centaur man was a really neat Robot Master and the first 4-legged Robotaneer' to boot! :P

Untitled

But lets get to the boils, guts & the ugly. B-L-A-N-D it is in SPADES. It manages to mildy 1-up mega man 5's bland 'core' stage design(Plant & Flame man's come to mind), by at least putting a little more thought and challenge into them instead of just throwing them together. Still, the OST is easily thee' weakest classic MM soundtrack of the 6 NES games by far. The standouts if you even want to call them that had to of been Centaur, Yamato's half way jingle, that one little bit in Flame man's tune and the first Mr.X stage. everything else was nowhere up to MM standards. The cast of robot masters this time out was painfully boring. I didn't care for he cultural meaning behind them, they were just uncreative outside of a couple. The bosses themselves were extremely easy to take down, none of the Mr.X or Wily bosses posed a challenge either. Yes, i think 6 is even easier than 5. It' the ultmate Push over of the classic series.

I kind of enjoyed it in the beginning, but grew bored just before i got to Mr.X's castle. It's safe to say that Mega Man did NOT go out with a mega bang on the NES with this rushed, bland, uninspired slapped together 'gamer friendy' entry in ze' classic series. By skipping this one you're not missing anything at all. It's an unneccassary rushed + inferior cash grab. By no means bad, it's just a tired sequal that manages to do almost everything worse than It's predecessors. It's a Mega Man 6/10 for me. :P

The NES 6

2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,430. Posted:

@WaveMan
Ok, is it just me or is there an overabundance of red in the stages. It seems like every stage in the game just has a weird color palette.

I have to disagree with you about the soundtrack though, I really like a lot of the tracks in MM6 and it easily tops MM4 for me.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,431. Posted:

I'd have to side with @CapnPancakes on the MM6 ost with Wind man, Tomahawk man and Flame man being the best of the bunch. In terms of music in the NES games I'd have to go 3 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 1. One thing that brought MM6 down was the Robot Master roster and their weapons, which IMO makes or breaks a standard Classic MM game. None of them stood out to me and felt more like a stereotypical caricature of the country they were fought in. But like I previously said, the themes and Rush adaptors more than made up for the shortcomings.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,432. Posted:

@Karat
Sorry, I just can't do the Guy thing anymore.

At least the weapons were more useful than the ones in 5. I really like 5, but I admit that most of the weapons in that game are garbage.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,433. Posted:

I just don't really care for 4,5 & 6 to be honest, they don't carry the magic, freshness and excitement of 2,1 and even 3. The tip is to play these games in order from 1-6, or most importantly playing these games during their release if you were lucky enough to have the chance. I was lucky enough to be in that situation, although i was a little late with the original, but i got to play that just before the release of MM2 and Holy grave yard was it amazing. Coolest thing about MM4? Dive Man's stage along with the bad a** robot master Boss music. :P

@Gutincognito,
How dare you place 2 & 1's OST's so low, that should be a count chocula crime! :P most will agree that 2 has the greatest and most memorable OST in the entire series. But eh, if we all felt the same way what a boring mega man community it would be. It's always interesting to see different peoples tastes after all. B-)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,434. Posted:

@Wavey Personally MM2 has 4 stand out tracks while the other themes are borderline "alright" to kinda neutral. MM1's ost was catchy, even though it was simplistic for my taste, for the most part seeing that it is the first. It's just me but I evaluate the games(ost in particular) at face value and not how they were chronologically released. Also while I do agree that 4, 5 & 6 were waning in terms of freshness and the weapon roster, I just can't bring myself to rank them lower than MM1(Still enjoy the game though).

@CapnPancakes Yes overall the weapon roster of 6 has an edge over 5 seeing that Flame man's weapon can break certain terrain and Tomahawk man's weapon can be quite useful especially for the fortress stage. On the other hand, I enjoy the Robot Masters from 5 more, their designs are varied while not looking too complicated. Their battles were also more memorable imo with Gravity and Crystal being the best.
Don't worry, I'll revert back in a matter of weeks.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,435. Posted:

Well started playing Mega Man X and I have to say I am rather enjoying it. I downed Chill Penguin Flame Mammoth, and Storm Eagle and have the boots a few heart tanks and the helmet upgrade. I can see what all the fuss is about this game now. While I wont say I like it better then the original series it is still rather good.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,436. Posted:

@Tasuki
Mega Man X is a pretty special game, not many series could pull off a radical change like that and do it so well. Both the Classic and the X series have their merits, it's too hard for me to choose which I like better.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,437. Posted:

Man I am so hooked right now on Mega Man X. I wrapped up and got the rest of the heart tanks as well as defeated the rest of the bosses now I am on my way to Sigma. Can't wait to add this game to my list of Mega Man games that I finished. I am really glad I gave this game a second chance.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,438. Posted:

Mega Man X was indeed special, too bad none of the sequels could ever match it's fun factor. Don't get me wrong, the MMX 2-4 are solid games in their own right (with MMX 5 being just alright) but I felt that the first game had no obvious problems that could be fixed in sequels. Overall I'm with you on preferring the Classic series just because it managed to stay consistently fun. X on the other hand went downhill after X4. Haven't played X8 yet though.

Also @Tasuki have you managed to get the secret weapon of the game yet?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,439. Posted:

X8 is the best X game since...Mega Man X5 I guess. It's still not great, but much better than 6 & 7.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,440. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Man I am so hooked right now on Mega Man X. I wrapped up and got the rest of the heart tanks as well as defeated the rest of the bosses now I am on my way to Sigma. Can't wait to add this game to my list of Mega Man games that I finished. I am really glad I gave this game a second chance.

I just recently finished this game on the Wii U VC for the first time and enjoyed every minute of it. I like it better then X2, the only other X game I have played so far.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo