General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,576

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

1,401. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Are the battle network games any good i need to grow my ds collection...and i like the tv show

I really like them they are like Turn Based Real Time RPGs with a Card-like system to chose attacks!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

1,402. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Are the battle network games any good i need to grow my ds collection...and i like the tv show

I really like them they are like Turn Based Real Time RPGs with a Card-like system to chose attacks!

i like turn based,real time...dont hate it but i dislike it, and a card system sounds cool

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

1,403. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Are the battle network games any good i need to grow my ds collection...and i like the tv show

Battle Network I'm guessing that's okay, and Star Force is fine as well, but they both have the Pokemon feel to them with cards, random battles, everything. I prefer the Zero series and the ZX games if you don't have them. Star Force and Battle Network aren't EXACTLY Megaman games AT HEART, but they're good by standards.
The reason I say that is because there isn't any platforming in it whatsoever, and that is what makes a Megaman game a Megaman game. The characters also make it a Megaman game with Reploids and android bots, this has humans fusing with what looks like a super-sized Cyber-Elf.

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

1,404. Posted:

So how many of you guys are keeping up with the Mega Man Archie comics? I just received issues, 5,6,7 & 8 in the mail a few days ago. Haven't started reading yet, but i totaly enjoyed 1-4. Archie has done a wonderful job bringing the Mega man universe to life in comic form. :*

Also, going to finally play Mega Man 6 on the NES tomorrow or the next day! Centaur man shall be my first pick! :P

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

1,405. Posted:

@WaveDude I've been reading them from the start, I even had to sit through the mediocre Sonic crossover. Seriously I only got invested on the third act when Mega and friends battled a horde of all robot masters from MM2-MM10 & MM&B. Check them out here. I'm up to the Ra Moon arc and I love how the story gets dark. Also if anyone's interested, check out the 5 page preview of the newest issue Here.
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

1,406. Posted:

@Wavey
Glad to see you'll finally be picking Mega Man 6 up. It's a good game that gets overlooked too often. All the robot masters are a piece of cake with the buster though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

1,407. Posted:

Magaman is my future husband.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

1,408. Posted:

@CapnPancakes Charged buster or uncharged? Because unless you nail the pattern or AI (which is a bit predictable in this batch), certain robot master fights can be tricky (Mostly Flame Man though).

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

1,409. Posted:

@Guy
Both really, but with the charged Mega Buster especially. I don't really find their patterns that hard to memorize, and even if you do get hit they don't do that much damage. Also, I usually take Flame Man on first so I guess I'm just used to him.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

1,410. Posted:

I usually take on Flame man first because of his spectacular theme(or was it Tomahawk man?) But his fight is a long drawn out one when I use the pea shooter buster mostly because his wall flame blocking my shots. All in all, this game was great, not the best in some areas, but the stage themes and the rush adaptors more than make up for the slightly forgettable robot master lineup.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

1,411. Posted:

Just wondering is anyone replaying some Mega Man games to celebrate the Blue Bomber's 25th?
My plan originally was to just replay the classic games from 1 to 10, but then I decided to play as many games as I could!
So far I've replayed through:
Classic Mega Man 1 to 10
Mega Man X2
Mega Man Zero 1 to 4
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network 2 and 5 Team Colonel
I have yet to replay the Star Force series, and I haven't played Legends yet.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,412. Posted:

I am always replaying the Mega Man games lol. That is one series I can't get tired of no matter how much I beat it. :D

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

1,413. Posted:

GuyIncognito wrote:

I usually take on Flame man first because of his spectacular theme(or was it Tomahawk man?) But his fight is a long drawn out one when I use the pea shooter buster mostly because his wall flame blocking my shots. All in all, this game was great, not the best in some areas, but the stage themes and the rush adaptors more than make up for the slightly forgettable robot master lineup.

Yeah, tis flame man thou art thinking of, though the use of the supplied E-Tank in the stage allows margin for error. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

1,414. Posted:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Yeah, tis flame man thou art thinking of, though the use of the supplied E-Tank in the stage allows margin for error. :3

Except I'm a man of honor. Using E-Tanks for me is like saying you can't handle the robot master challenge. It would feel wrong to use it on a one on one battle... In my perspective. Though there are exceptions to this when doing a buster only run Ahem, Quick man, Needle Man and Shadow Man are the trinity of the most notorious robot Master fights ever, Ahem.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

1,415. Posted:

@Guy
I completely understand. To this day I haven't been able to beat Shadow Man or Needle Man buster only.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,416. Posted:

I just remembered Hyadain's Mega Man II Tributes. I always wished he'd finished doing that. He never got to Wood Man, Flame Man, or Air Man. Oh well.

Anybody else remember those?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

1,417. Posted:

GuyIncognito wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Yeah, tis flame man thou art thinking of, though the use of the supplied E-Tank in the stage allows margin for error. :3

Except I'm a man of honor. Using E-Tanks for me is like saying you can't handle the robot master challenge. It would feel wrong to use it on a one on one battle... In my perspective. Though there are exceptions to this when doing a buster only run Ahem, Quick man, Needle Man and Shadow Man are the trinity of the most notorious robot Master fights ever, Ahem.

Never understood why people say quick is hard, lol. I've done buster only on the robot master stages, and Quick is always one of the first I go for to get that godawful stage out of the way. Sure, he's erratic, but he's easily manipulatable. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

1,418. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Wavey
Glad to see you'll finally be picking Mega Man 6 up. It's a good game that gets overlooked too often. All the robot masters are a piece of cake with the buster though.

I only got a chance to play a bit of MM6(Chose Centaur man's stage) for a few minutes because i was busier than a skunk on planet funk that day, but what is up with the sliding? When you perform a slide you can't jump at any given time like you can in lets say MM3? Instead, there's a clunky delay, you stop, THEN you can jump. I don't remember this being a problem in 4,5,9 or 10 either....

And i WISH i could play this with my sennheiser headphones, but alas' both of my NES's when hooked up to either of my receivers creats a loud buzzing noise, so i've got to use the TV speakers which for me these days doesn't cut it. I know this is just NES mono(split into two channels with my cable) but still, headphones AMP up the immersion and wow factor, i HATE using crappy TV speakers. You're missing out on half the experience.

Anyways, I died 3 times in Centaur man's stage because of that giant pot hole in the later underwater portion of the level. :P Other than that, it felt like a total cake walk. Why do i get the impression that this is going to be even easier than Mega Man 5? :P

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

1,419. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I just remembered Hyadain's Mega Man II Tributes. I always wished he'd finished doing that. He never got to Wood Man, Flame Man, or Air Man. Oh well.

Anybody else remember those?

Yeah, the metal man cover was his best, but I personally love his FFIV rendition. Kinda weird though that half of the RM songs are implying their affections towards megaman, except for crash man who flats out sings about it. shudder
The Megas on the other hand are unrivaled in their MM theme cover:
History Repeating - MM3 Intro
Gamma Unchained - MM3 Wily Castle1

I think you're referring to Zippo Man, Flame Man's from MM6

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

1,420. Posted:

GuyIncognito wrote:

@WaveDude I've been reading them from the start, I even had to sit through the mediocre Sonic crossover. Seriously I only got invested on the third act when Mega and friends battled a horde of all robot masters from MM2-MM10 & MM&B. Check them out here. I'm up to the Ra Moon arc and I love how the story gets dark. Also if anyone's interested, check out the 5 page preview of the newest issue Here.
Untitled

Ew, i heard about the Sonic & Mega Man cross over. I think I'll do myself an extra cinnalicious favor and skip the Mix Mash of Sonic Suckage. ;)
also i'm not too crazy over that art wark in the picture above(Not the shadow man cover art, i'm talking about the link with sonic and all of the robot masters ect), looks like a more simplistic Dexters Laboratory-ish take on the mega man-verse. The actual art in the ACTUAL mega man comics however is grade A stuff! Curious to see what happens with Oil & Time man. I love how they're not throwing tons of robot masters at you all at once. Anyways, looks like I'm way behind! Can't wait until things get darker, and Cutman gets shattered, or should i say SCISSORED muh....ha...ha. :*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!