Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,455

Dezner

As a kid I always kind of hated MM4, mostly because the copy from the rental store would systematically freeze after about an hour of play, so I could never play the whole thing in one sitting and had to use passwords. Also, the slooooow screen changing and slooooooooooowwwwww boss energy filling was really grating coming from Mega Man 3 and 5 (The first two Mega Man games I owned/played.) But as I grew up and got my own copy of MM4, it jumped up towards the top of my list!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Tasuki

Dezner wrote:

As a kid I always kind of hated MM4, mostly because the copy from the rental store would systematically freeze after about an hour of play, so I could never play the whole thing in one sitting and had to use passwords. Also, the slooooow screen changing and slooooooooooowwwwww boss energy filling was really grating coming from Mega Man 3 and 5 (The first two Mega Man games I owned/played.) But as I grew up and got my own copy of MM4, it jumped up towards the top of my list!

I know what you mean Dezner. I bought Megaman 4 the day it came out on NES (I still have the copy in my storage unit just no NES to play it on). After playing such trilling games like Megaman 2 and Megaman 3 I couldnt wait for MM4 but I was disappointed in it. It seemed alot harder than the previous two I played plus I couldnt get the hang of the megabuster. I didnt touch the game again for almost 20 years (wow has it been that long??) and than MegaStoneSmash91 talked me into trying it again which I did on the AC and ended up beating it my first play through and now its one of my favorites. Thanks again MegaStoneSmash

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaStoneSmash91

@Tasuki: You're very welcome!

@StuffyStuff: Nice comercial, I wonder if it sold any copies of the game? And I love the animation in it. It's what the Mega Man cartoon series should have been like, instead of the corny, highly Americanized, pun infested one we do have (although I do enjoy watching it, so go figure).

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

Rock Man 6 Complete Works has some great remixes. Even if you're not a fan of the music in the game, you need to listen to some of these:

Stage Select=Awesome

Boss Battle

Tomahawk Man's theme: It really nails the Native American feel of the song, and it sounds great.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

I loved Tomahawkmans music to begin with I think its one of the best toons in MM6. Never heard the complete works version till now. Like the sound of it I think I may even like it more than the original.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

Tomahawk Man's music is the best in the game in my opinion. All of the songs are good in MM6. Who'da thunk we would have a long Mega Man thread that dealt with games 4-6 prodominantly?

StuffyStuff

Dezner

We thunk it! True Mega Man Fanwhores like all the games and NOT JUST 2 AND 9 ZOMG THEY'RE THE BEST!!!1

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

TKOWL

I really hate how much MM2 is overrated. It's fun, but once you play through it once or twice, it gets kinda old. Plus, the sliding/charge shot were geniuous inventions, thus making it hard to go back to any of the older ones.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

StuffyStuff

I think people like the music in MM2 more than anything. It's my personal favorite, but there's a huge nostalgia bias involved. If I hadn't played any of the games until now, I would definitely think 4 or 9 would be the best of the bunch. MM2 is very straight forward and it set the table for the rest of the games in the series. The charge shot is nice for fighting bosses, but I hate the high pitched noise you make when holding the charge. It drowns out the rockin' tunes man!

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

The reason that MM2 is overrated is that is the first one that alot of people played first. MM1 was considered a sleeper hit and not too many people played it before MM2. Now MM2 is one of my favorites but I cant really say I like one over another. I like each ones level designs and Boss not too mention the music. If I had to pick my order would probably go something like this:

MM3
MM2
MM4
MM6
MM
MM7
MM5
MM8

I do like the slide but truth be told I can take or leave the Megabuster. Only a few times do I actually charge it I just find it faster to rapid fire the enemies to death.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Dragoon wrote:

I really hate how much MM2 is overrated. It's fun, but once you play through it once or twice, it gets kinda old. Plus, the sliding/charge shot were geniuous inventions, thus making it hard to go back to any of the older ones.

Sliding's not a big deal, Charge shots weren't very useful in the early games, and if you're bored with Mega Man 2 after playing it through once or twice, you might as well stop playing the rest of the series. There, now I just proved that Mega Man 2 cannot be overrated. Now excuse me while I go back to La-la land and play Mega Man 2 until I die.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

Dragoon wrote:

I don't even know how many times I've beaten MM2 (it's a lot) and I still have a good time playing it. I'm fine with the slide and charge shot, and if they're in the game, fine, and if they're not that's fine too. I don't mind playing MM6 and then going back and playing MM1, because they're all good whether they have the slide and charge shot or not. You just have to get used to each game's limits and what you can and cannot do.

Beep.
That is all.

Noire

Did I mention I love Mega Man? Like... all the platformy games, I don't care, I'd hit it.

Trying Mega Man X8 out now... dunno, but it's cool I can double-up on X and Zero... and Layer... :3

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

SkullMan

My favorites are 4, 8, 2, and 3....not factoring in X of course.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

CanisWolfred

Heh, it's easier for me to list the Mega Man games I don't like. In fact, I will list them:

Mega Man II, III (GB)
Mega Man X6(worst in the series IMO)
Mega Man 5(kind of), 8(most definitely)
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (got it because it connected to 3 other games I owned. Still wasn't worth it)
Mega Man StarForce series (Only played them once, never playing them again. Luckily I only borrowed it)
Mega Man Card Battle thing
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Mega Man Network Transmission

...I think that's it. I like the rest of the series, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StuffyStuff

Mickeymac wrote:

Heh, it's easier for me to list the Mega Man games I don't like. In fact, I will list them:

Mega Man IV (GB)
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (got it because it connected to 3 other games I owned. Still wasn't worth it)
Mega Man StarForce series (Only played them once, never playing them again. Luckily I only borrowed it)

...I think that's it.

You are definitely in the minority by hating Mega Man IV. It's not as good as people make it out to be, but it's far from being bad. X6 was just too freakin' hard. I can get through most of the levels but I basically just run through them and that's no fun. If I were gonna hate on any of the GB games, it would definitely be MMII. It's the only game I've only played through once. Everything about that game was bad to me: level design, that annoying blinking crap when you get hit, and large sprites.

StuffyStuff

CanisWolfred

StuffyStuff wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mega Man IV (GB)

...I think that's it.

You are definitely in the minority by hating Mega Man IV. It's not as good as people make it out to be, but it's far from being bad. X6 was just too freakin' hard. I can get through most of the levels but I basically just run through them and that's no fun. If I were gonna hate on any of the GB games, it would definitely be MMII. It's the only game I've only played through once. Everything about that game was bad to me: level design, that annoying blinking crap when you get hit, and large sprites.

You're right. For some reason I thought there were 6 Game Boy Mega Mans, and I knew the second to last was the best while the one before it was the worst. I'll go ahead and fix that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

I actually kind of like X6. It is difficult, but it gets easier as you make progress through the game (and after you've played it a few times). The Mavericks are are a good bunch, and the 2 new Armors are pretty interesting and fun to use. My one major gripe with it is the Nightmare Enemies. They turn rescuable reploids Maverick so you can't get the Power-up that the reploid may have had. It gets frustrating when you see some reploids and then the Nightmares swoop in so you have to act quickly to save them (it gets real bad in Infinity Mijinion's stage). But no matter what negative things you have to say about X6, the soundtrack is excellent.

Beep.
That is all.

StuffyStuff

MMV is considered the best of the GB games, and I can't argue that. MMIII is actually pretty good. It looks more like an NES game where the first two are sub-par. Dr. Wily's Revenge is a beast to complete too. Everyone hates the disappearing blocks, but in Elec Man's stage you have fans blowing you all over the place and if you miss a block, you go down the shaft and have to do it all over again. I personally don't mind the blocks, but that's a common gripe.

I don't necessarily dislike X6, it's just a royal pain and some levels are simply unbeatable without any special armor.

StuffyStuff

Sorry, this topic has been locked.