General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

141. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mfHURzd0Y

Mega Man X was the first Mega Man game that I've ever beaten, and this rewarding ending song will always be a reminder of that memorable moment two years ago.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

142. Posted:

I finally beat MM4 on Saturday! I just love the ending, where Megaman's on top of a train, they name the developers all wrong, and you see the DWNs of the Robot Masters.

Easilly my favorite NES game and the best one in the series (next to MM9 and Battle Network 6)

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Dezner

143. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I finally beat MM4 on Saturday! I just love the ending, where Megaman's on top of a train, they name the developers all wrong, and you see the DWNs of the Robot Masters.

Easilly my favorite NES game and the best one in the series (next to MM9 and Battle Network 6)

Haha, congrats! What did you think of the sudden jump in difficulty during Wily Machine 2? :p (At least to me.)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

144. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

Haha, congrats! What did you think of the sudden jump in difficulty during Wily Machine 2? :p (At least to me.)

I thought the difficulty suddenly increased there, too. He just sends so many energy balls at you and they're hard to dodge. The second form of the Wily Machine is pretty difficult compared to the first form, but the difficulty went back down during the Wily Capsule fight (as it always does, except for in MM7).

Oh, and Mega Man 4 is excellent! One of the best games in the series if you ask me.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.
3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985
Nintendo Network ID: Same as my NL username

AuthorMessage

Dezner

145. Posted:

As a kid I always kind of hated MM4, mostly because the copy from the rental store would systematically freeze after about an hour of play, so I could never play the whole thing in one sitting and had to use passwords. Also, the slooooow screen changing and slooooooooooowwwwww boss energy filling was really grating coming from Mega Man 3 and 5 (The first two Mega Man games I owned/played.) But as I grew up and got my own copy of MM4, it jumped up towards the top of my list! :D

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

146. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

As a kid I always kind of hated MM4, mostly because the copy from the rental store would systematically freeze after about an hour of play, so I could never play the whole thing in one sitting and had to use passwords. Also, the slooooow screen changing and slooooooooooowwwwww boss energy filling was really grating coming from Mega Man 3 and 5 (The first two Mega Man games I owned/played.) But as I grew up and got my own copy of MM4, it jumped up towards the top of my list! :D

I know what you mean Dezner. I bought Megaman 4 the day it came out on NES (I still have the copy in my storage unit just no NES to play it on). After playing such trilling games like Megaman 2 and Megaman 3 I couldnt wait for MM4 but I was disappointed in it. It seemed alot harder than the previous two I played plus I couldnt get the hang of the megabuster. I didnt touch the game again for almost 20 years (wow has it been that long??) and than MegaStoneSmash91 talked me into trying it again which I did on the AC and ended up beating it my first play through and now its one of my favorites. Thanks again MegaStoneSmash :)

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

147. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IQBsiXbRK4 Since MM4 seems to be the theme lately, I found this appropriate. I remember a commercial for this game in America but this one is all I could find.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

148. Posted:

@Tasuki: You're very welcome! :)

@StuffyStuff: Nice comercial, I wonder if it sold any copies of the game? And I love the animation in it. It's what the Mega Man cartoon series should have been like, instead of the corny, highly Americanized, pun infested one we do have (although I do enjoy watching it, so go figure).

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

149. Posted:

Rock Man 6 Complete Works has some great remixes. Even if you're not a fan of the music in the game, you need to listen to some of these:

Stage Select=Awesome

Boss Battle

Tomahawk Man's theme: It really nails the Native American feel of the song, and it sounds great.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

150. Posted:

I loved Tomahawkmans music to begin with I think its one of the best toons in MM6. Never heard the complete works version till now. Like the sound of it I think I may even like it more than the original.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

151. Posted:

Tomahawk Man's music is the best in the game in my opinion. All of the songs are good in MM6. Who'da thunk we would have a long Mega Man thread that dealt with games 4-6 prodominantly?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

152. Posted:

We thunk it! True Mega Man Fanwhores like all the games and NOT JUST 2 AND 9 ZOMG THEY'RE THE BEST!!!1 :p

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

153. Posted:

I really hate how much MM2 is overrated. It's fun, but once you play through it once or twice, it gets kinda old. Plus, the sliding/charge shot were geniuous inventions, thus making it hard to go back to any of the older ones.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

154. Posted:

I think people like the music in MM2 more than anything. It's my personal favorite, but there's a huge nostalgia bias involved. If I hadn't played any of the games until now, I would definitely think 4 or 9 would be the best of the bunch. MM2 is very straight forward and it set the table for the rest of the games in the series. The charge shot is nice for fighting bosses, but I hate the high pitched noise you make when holding the charge. It drowns out the rockin' tunes man!

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

155. Posted:

The reason that MM2 is overrated is that is the first one that alot of people played first. MM1 was considered a sleeper hit and not too many people played it before MM2. Now MM2 is one of my favorites but I cant really say I like one over another. I like each ones level designs and Boss not too mention the music. If I had to pick my order would probably go something like this:

MM3
MM2
MM4
MM6
MM
MM7
MM5
MM8

I do like the slide but truth be told I can take or leave the Megabuster. Only a few times do I actually charge it I just find it faster to rapid fire the enemies to death.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

156. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I really hate how much MM2 is overrated. It's fun, but once you play through it once or twice, it gets kinda old. Plus, the sliding/charge shot were geniuous inventions, thus making it hard to go back to any of the older ones.

Sliding's not a big deal, Charge shots weren't very useful in the early games, and if you're bored with Mega Man 2 after playing it through once or twice, you might as well stop playing the rest of the series. There, now I just proved that Mega Man 2 cannot be overrated. Now excuse me while I go back to La-la land and play Mega Man 2 until I die.:P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

157. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I don't even know how many times I've beaten MM2 (it's a lot) and I still have a good time playing it. I'm fine with the slide and charge shot, and if they're in the game, fine, and if they're not that's fine too. I don't mind playing MM6 and then going back and playing MM1, because they're all good whether they have the slide and charge shot or not. You just have to get used to each game's limits and what you can and cannot do.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Noire

158. Posted:

Did I mention I love Mega Man? Like... all the platformy games, I don't care, I'd hit it.

Trying Mega Man X8 out now... dunno, but it's cool I can double-up on X and Zero... and Layer... :3

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

159. Posted:

My favorites are 4, 8, 2, and 3....not factoring in X of course.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

160. Posted:

Heh, it's easier for me to list the Mega Man games I don't like. In fact, I will list them:

Mega Man II, III (GB)
Mega Man X6(worst in the series IMO)
Mega Man 5(kind of), 8(most definitely)
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (got it because it connected to 3 other games I owned. Still wasn't worth it)
Mega Man StarForce series (Only played them once, never playing them again. Luckily I only borrowed it)
Mega Man Card Battle thing
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Mega Man Network Transmission

...I think that's it. I like the rest of the series, though.:)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~