General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,569

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,381. Posted:

@Tasuki What, did they butcher Rush? :O I think I wanna play the rest of the classic series anyway though, the visuals and music just scream "This is some of the best the NES can offer!". And I have a new found appreciation of Magnet Man, his theme is so awesome~

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,382. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Tasuki What, did they butcher Rush? :O I think I wanna play the rest of the classic series anyway though, the visuals and music just scream "This is some of the best the NES can offer!". And I have a new found appreciation of Magnet Man, his theme is so awesome~

No they actually perfected Rush. Rush abilities now no longer need to be recharged like normal abilities - so no more of getting stuck half way through a level. Plus it looks cooler, and makes more sense. :P

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,383. Posted:

@Geonjaha Oh. Well that helps quite a bit, I can't tell you how many times I've had to force myself to get a game over so I could have full item 1 to jump across a certain gap in MM2's Wily stage 1. D:

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,384. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Geonjaha Oh. Well that helps quite a bit, I can't tell you how many times I've had to force myself to get a game over so I could have full item 1 to jump across a certain gap in MM2's Wily stage 1. D:

Haha, tell me about it. It seems like half the time on MM2's Wily Stage 1 was just using Rush abilities and switching back and forth (At least the music was awesome :3).

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,385. Posted:

@Happy_Mask: Well what Geonjaha said is true but I dont like how they did Rush in this game. I am sure you know but just in case you didn't

SPOILER!!!

In MM 6 Rush combines into Mega Man to form suits. Its a neat idea dont get me wrong but if they were going that route they might as well not even include Rush.

END SPOILER

@Geonjaha: I can't tell you how many time I have replayed the Mega Man series, and I have played them from the beginning of the NES days. The first time I saw Mega Man II was in my first issue of Nintendo Power the one with Dr Wily and Mega Man on the cover. SO yeah you can probably think of how many times I have replayed those games through the years. Also to mention how many times I have rebought the Mega Man games.

I have Mega Man 2, 3, 4 and 6 on the NES
The Mega Man Anniversary Collection on Game Cube
And now Mega Man 2, 3, and 4 on the 3DS VC.

:D

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,386. Posted:

@Tasuki: I'm not sure if you've already bought it by now, since you asked about in on the previous page, but there are no control issues in the Mega Man X Collection. No swapped button crap, and each game has it's own customizable controls. In terms of quality, the games on this collection are much better emulated than the ones on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Very few problems here.

As for the quality of the games themselves, X 1-4 are all great, X5 is OK, and X6......well let's just say it's far from perfect. My advice is just to play them for yourself and see what you think.

About Rush.....I think the only time they truly ruined him was in Mega Man 5. Rush Coil operated much differently in that game. Instead of the Coil sending you up a set height automatically, you have to jump off of him after his platform raises up a ways. It also costs more weapon energy to use it than in the other games. Pointless change.

And also, since you shared, here's how many times I've bought the games:

Mega Man 1-6 on NES
Mega Man 1-5 on Wii VC (They never released 6 for some reason)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man 2-6 on 3DS VC. (Didn't feel like getting the first)

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,387. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Wow you bought the Mega Mans on Wii VC you truly are a hardcore Mega Man fan lol :D. I probably would have done the same except at the time when they came out on the Wii VC I didnt have a whole lot of money to spend on games so I opt out of getting them on the Wii VC since I had them on the GC disc and the Wii could play the GC discs.

And to answer your question nope I haven't bought it yet since I have yet to find a working PS2 for a good price, but that is good to hear about the buttons and the emulation. As soon as I find a PS2 I will be picking that one up for sure.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,388. Posted:

...Still waiting for Capcom to get their lazy butts in gremlins-gear and release Mega Man 7 on the Wii U's VC, then again 6 still hasn't been released outside of the 3DS's VC either. I have the cart so i couldn't care less, but 7 is now going for over a whopping $200 on eBay. :o Not interested in playing the crappy emulation on the MM anniversary collection with the loopy A+B button swap either. Oh, and i really need to get on Vol.2 of the Archie Mega man comic book series, i was quite suprised by issues 1-4.pretty impressive! Love the end tid bit with Oil and Clock man. ;)

Untitled

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,389. Posted:

@Waveboy: What??? They didn't release MM 6 on the Wii U yet? :O I thought they did. As for the loopy control on the AC that was only on the GC version. The Xbox you can map your buttons and the PS2 the buttons were set the right way.

Lately I've been playing MM 2 on my 3DS XL which is alot better then the 3DS B-)

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,390. Posted:

@WaveBoy: Are you looking for just he cart of Mega Man 7? Because you can find that for under $200 pretty easily on ebay. I got the Mega Man Collection for Playstation 2 which is fine on my PS3. But if Capcom ever has a mega Mega Man sale on the Wii U VC games I will probably pick them up. I too wonder why they haven't put Mega Man 6 on the VC yet.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,391. Posted:

I definitely want to get it either on Cart or on the Wii U's VC, i'm not interested in playing the Anniversary collection on a PS2 dualshock controller, let alone having to burp up the Space-cash for a PS2. and an XBOX?....Well that's just completely out of the question! ;)

And my mistake, RynoGaiden is correct. MM7 IS going for under $200, with $130 being the lowest, which is pretty doable.
But just not now because i need to get a new pesky HDTV. But yup! I swear... i saw just a few copies last week dipping over the $200 mark. Weird. perhaps....It was all just a dream. ;)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,392. Posted:

IV was awesome now that I've played it to the finish, I think it's my second favorite of the first four. Now imma pick up V

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,393. Posted:

hope the nintendo/capcom collaboration ends being a new MegaMan game! ^^

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,394. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

IV was awesome now that I've played it to the finish, I think it's my second favorite of the first four. Now imma pick up V

Yeah IV is pretty good IMO as well. For some odd reason it does generate alot of hate among fans, which even I am not sure why. The only thing I really dont like about IV is how even the simplest enemies had their hit points I guess you would call it beefed up so that you were meant to use the charge shot on them. Still I just find it easier to use a rapid fire blast of the normal shot but I still find it annoying how many hits it takes to kill like a simple Met. Still over all it was a pretty good game. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well @Happy_Mask.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,395. Posted:

Opinions on V and VI!
V: now I see why people think the classic series got stale after 3, V was very bland, most of the robot masters were meh, and the Wily/Proto stages were a chore, they really didn't capture my interest as well as the others did. Also, the Charge Shot was overpowered, lol.
VI: OH MY GOD, WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THIS!? The suits were flipping awesome, the premise was pretty interesting, though Mr. X had to be the most obviously Wily villain in the whole series. The levels were also awesome, with the best graphics and music the NES had to offer. My only complaint is that they could have done more with the branched pathways, but overall, this takes the cake for my favorite. :)

Anybody have any suggestions on where to go from here? Perhaps a few fangames, as the megaman community is known to be one of the most active in that aspect? :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,396. Posted:

@Happy_Mask: If you have a Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 or PS3 I would suggest Mega Man 9 and 10 if you have not played them already. As far as fan games goes Mega Man Ultimate is a very good fan game. If I didn't know better I'd say Capcom did that game as well its that good. Street Fighter X Mega Man is good too for a fan game. Also with some googleing you can fine a fan made 8 bit version of Mega Man 7.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,397. Posted:

@Happy
I would definitely check out Mega Man 9 and 10 if you're able to. Aside from that, I would highly recommend the Mega Man X Collection for GC,PS2, or Xbox if you can find it.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,398. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Yeah IV is pretty good IMO as well. For some odd reason it does generate alot of hate among fans, which even I am not sure why. The only thing I really dont like about IV is how even the simplest enemies had their hit points I guess you would call it beefed up so that you were meant to use the charge shot on them. Still I just find it easier to use a rapid fire blast of the normal shot but I still find it annoying how many hits it takes to kill like a simple Met. Still over all it was a pretty good game. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well @Happy_Mask.

I think that right there (besides having bosses like Toadman :P) is why so many hate it. It gets really annoying being basically forced to use the charge shot. Megaman X does a much better job with it. It may just be me, because I played the X games before Classic 4 and onwards, but the charge shot belongs to the X series and just feels so wrong in classic Megaman.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Slayer

1,399. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

@Yakko - oh, cool! :)

Here is what in my opinion is the best song from my favorite Mega Man game, Mega Man X: :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bquCy9QbIms

X8, dude-

Best X game IMO.
Victory jingle is so catchy...

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

1,400. Posted:

Are the battle network games any good i need to grow my ds collection...and i like the tv show

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod