General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,570

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,321. Posted:

@WaveBoy: You do have a point there. Playing the first game before the second would indeed enhance the joy you get from the second game. They improved on everything in Mega Man 2.

However, for someone just starting out with the series, it might be a good idea to start with a game that's more manageable than the first. If you play one game and can't play too far into it (because of difficulty, boredom, lack of appeal, etc.), you may be turned off from the rest of the series.

But, it all depends on what @WingedFish wants to do. Either way is fine.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,322. Posted:

I have to agree with MegaStoneSmash91 as well. If you are new to the series it would be better to start with 2 and go back to one later on. If your introduction to the Mega Man games is the first one you will more than likely be turned off by how hard it can be. Plus alot of the stuff in that game are not staples in the series and things that are now aren't in the first game like the extra point balls and Etanks for example. Also the fact that there is no password at all and you have to beat it all in one sitting can be a turn off. (Luckily if you get it on the VC you have the save stat and restore points)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

supered91

1,323. Posted:

i remember playing mega man x i could only beat one boss,and btw i've been a fan for a month or 2 but i haven't really played the games that much but i plan on getting them on vc

Edited on by supered91

supered91

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,324. Posted:

I've bought 2, and I really wish I knew the order of defeating the Robot Masters... Clearly just haphazardly picking random bosses and fighting them with random weapons doesn't usually work out too well. But I have beat at least half of them by this point, so I'm not doing terribly at the least. Also it's nice to see all the references from the Smash Bros. trailer at their place of origin.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,325. Posted:

I'm going back and forth trying to decide between downloading 2, which I both love and have played numerous times already (and this classic has me itching to play it yet again), off of the 3DS eShop or going with 4/5 instead, since I haven't played either of them before. I just finished 6 (and 3, a couple months back), and I'm hungry for more Mega Man.

WingedFish wrote:

I've bought 2, and I really wish I knew the order of defeating the Robot Masters... Clearly just haphazardly picking random bosses and fighting them with random weapons doesn't usually work out too well. But I have beat at least half of them by this point, so I'm not doing terribly at the least. Also it's nice to see all the references from the Smash Bros. trailer at their place of origin.

You're in luck! Here's the complete Mega Man 2 strategy guide, if you need it.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,326. Posted:

@RevolverLink Thanks, but I'm going to try and go through on my own. Of course I said the same thing to myself about Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, and that lasted a mere two days...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,327. Posted:

@WingedFish: Sometimes you can figure out the robot masters weakness on your own just by their names and the weapons themselves. For example Heatman you can probably guess is week to Bubbleman's weapon. And you probably could guess what Woodman is weak against.

@RevolverLink: Well since you have played 2 numerous times and you haven't played 4 or 5 before I would say get those ones first. Since you are clearly a fan of the series you will enjoy those as well.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,328. Posted:

@Tasuki Yeah, I've noticed the basic rock, paper, scissors mechanic. Still having a little trouble with the last few all the same. But I'll figure it out eventually.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,329. Posted:

@WingedFish: Yep I am sure you will and when you do you will get that amazing feeling of acomplishment. After all thats what makes the Mega Man games so much fun. Trying to figure out which robot master is weak to what and what order to fight them. Once you figure that out you can try for speed runs if that sort of thing interests you.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,330. Posted:

I personally feel guilty on using any robot master weapons in any MM games after an initial run. I loved the Jan ken poi mechanic when I first played the games, but for me the real fun comes from studying the battle AI's of the bosses while taking them down with your default weapon. It just feels satisfying that way since you're not just using an easy method to get your way.

On a side note, Destructoid posted their Top 5 Mega Man Game List ... Twice. So I thought it would be fitting to share my own top 5 MM games of all time:

5. Mega Man IV (GB)
4. Mega Man and Bass
3. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 9
1. Mega Man 3

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,331. Posted:

Mega Man 8 made the top 5? WTF?

Anyway I listed my favorites before somewhere in this thread maybe I will re list them later.

@Karakato: I know what you mean it can be satisfying too to beat them doing a buster only run, sometimes though I just like to see how fast I can beat the game given the tools I get through out the game.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,332. Posted:

I really wish Capcom would re-release the Mega Man Legends games & The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, even if it's just digitally. More than any other Mega Man series, that one has always looked like it meshes perfectly wish my gaming tastes, but even used copies are usually, unfortunately expensive. Especially Tron Bonne.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep wistfully settling for LPs for the foreseeable future.

@Tasuki - Thanks for the feedback, but I ended up going with 2 before you responded to my post, and spent more time than I probably should've last night metal blade-ing almost everything in sight. I'll definitely be getting either 4 or 5 sometime in the next week or two, though.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,333. Posted:

@RevolverLink: Np, and honestly you can't go wrong with your choices. :D Mainly I had to use the fact that you never played 4 or 5 as the reason on why you should get those now.

As for my top five Mega Man games here is my list.

Megaman 3
Megaman 2
Megaman 4
Megaman 6
Megaman

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,334. Posted:

Mega man 8 isn't bad at all(Aside from the VA), may be polarizing among fans but it's a different beast from the NES games and still an above average game in its own merits. While I can't say it is one of the "Better" games of the series, the weapon selection is solid, versatile and can prove to be useful utilities. Did I mention how lovely the spritework and the backgrounds are? The cityscape in Frostman's act 2 stage especially looks gorgeous and lively.

The same can be said for 7 but I still find to be one of the better Classic MM games. It's just that Wily Fortress ruins it for me, especially with that final battle.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,335. Posted:

I've reach Wily's castle and am almost finished. This has been lots of fun! And you guys were right, the music is top notch stuff. I also plan on getting Mega Man X next sometime later.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,336. Posted:

My favorite Mega Man games:

1. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 2
3. Mega Man 9
4. Mega Man 3
5. Mega Man ZX/Zero 4 (tie)

HM: Mega Man 64/Legends

I should note that with the tie on the bottom, it depends on my mood which one I prefer. If I want a satisfying challenge, I'll go with Zero 4, but if I want something more manageable and exploritory, I'll go with ZX.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,337. Posted:

@Karakato: I too, enjoy Mega Man 8. It's one of the "iffy" titles for some fans, but I've always liked it. As you said, the sprites are excellent, as well as the backgrounds. The weapons (again, as you said) are also pretty diverse and useful, and I love toying around with them. I also enjoy the music and the overall "feel" of the game.

@WingedFish: Glad to hear you had fun with Mega Man 2! I also applaud you on your choice to get Mega Man X, which is another fantastic game.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,338. Posted:

While I don't hate Mega Man 7 or Mega Man 8, they're definitely my least favorite games in the Classic series. Explaining why would take a while, so I'll just say that I think they're fine games in their own right, just not up to par with other Mega Man titles.

Anyway, my top 5 Mega Man games would probably be:
1. Mega Man 5
2. Mega Man X
3. Mega Man 10
4. Mega Man X4
5. Mega Man 2

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,339. Posted:

I can never figure out my top 5. Just can''t decide.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,340. Posted:

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro