Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,455

Happy_Mask

IV was awesome now that I've played it to the finish, I think it's my second favorite of the first four. Now imma pick up V

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

GuSolarFlare

hope the nintendo/capcom collaboration ends being a new MegaMan game! ^^

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Tasuki

Happy_Mask wrote:

IV was awesome now that I've played it to the finish, I think it's my second favorite of the first four. Now imma pick up V

Yeah IV is pretty good IMO as well. For some odd reason it does generate alot of hate among fans, which even I am not sure why. The only thing I really dont like about IV is how even the simplest enemies had their hit points I guess you would call it beefed up so that you were meant to use the charge shot on them. Still I just find it easier to use a rapid fire blast of the normal shot but I still find it annoying how many hits it takes to kill like a simple Met. Still over all it was a pretty good game. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well @Happy_Mask.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Happy_Mask

Opinions on V and VI!
V: now I see why people think the classic series got stale after 3, V was very bland, most of the robot masters were meh, and the Wily/Proto stages were a chore, they really didn't capture my interest as well as the others did. Also, the Charge Shot was overpowered, lol.
VI: OH MY GOD, WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THIS!? The suits were flipping awesome, the premise was pretty interesting, though Mr. X had to be the most obviously Wily villain in the whole series. The levels were also awesome, with the best graphics and music the NES had to offer. My only complaint is that they could have done more with the branched pathways, but overall, this takes the cake for my favorite.

Anybody have any suggestions on where to go from here? Perhaps a few fangames, as the megaman community is known to be one of the most active in that aspect? :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Tasuki

@Happy_Mask: If you have a Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 or PS3 I would suggest Mega Man 9 and 10 if you have not played them already. As far as fan games goes Mega Man Ultimate is a very good fan game. If I didn't know better I'd say Capcom did that game as well its that good. Street Fighter X Mega Man is good too for a fan game. Also with some googleing you can fine a fan made 8 bit version of Mega Man 7.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

ThePirateCaptain

@Happy
I would definitely check out Mega Man 9 and 10 if you're able to. Aside from that, I would highly recommend the Mega Man X Collection for GC,PS2, or Xbox if you can find it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Yeah IV is pretty good IMO as well. For some odd reason it does generate alot of hate among fans, which even I am not sure why. The only thing I really dont like about IV is how even the simplest enemies had their hit points I guess you would call it beefed up so that you were meant to use the charge shot on them. Still I just find it easier to use a rapid fire blast of the normal shot but I still find it annoying how many hits it takes to kill like a simple Met. Still over all it was a pretty good game. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well @Happy_Mask.

I think that right there (besides having bosses like Toadman ) is why so many hate it. It gets really annoying being basically forced to use the charge shot. Megaman X does a much better job with it. It may just be me, because I played the X games before Classic 4 and onwards, but the charge shot belongs to the X series and just feels so wrong in classic Megaman.

Sleepingmudkip

Are the battle network games any good i need to grow my ds collection...and i like the tv show

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Are the battle network games any good i need to grow my ds collection...and i like the tv show

I really like them they are like Turn Based Real Time RPGs with a Card-like system to chose attacks!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Sleepingmudkip

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I really like them they are like Turn Based Real Time RPGs with a Card-like system to chose attacks!

i like turn based,real time...dont hate it but i dislike it, and a card system sounds cool

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Slayer

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Battle Network I'm guessing that's okay, and Star Force is fine as well, but they both have the Pokemon feel to them with cards, random battles, everything. I prefer the Zero series and the ZX games if you don't have them. Star Force and Battle Network aren't EXACTLY Megaman games AT HEART, but they're good by standards.
The reason I say that is because there isn't any platforming in it whatsoever, and that is what makes a Megaman game a Megaman game. The characters also make it a Megaman game with Reploids and android bots, this has humans fusing with what looks like a super-sized Cyber-Elf.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

KarrotMan

@WaveDude I've been reading them from the start, I even had to sit through the mediocre Sonic crossover. Seriously I only got invested on the third act when Mega and friends battled a horde of all robot masters from MM2-MM10 & MM&B. Check them out here. I'm up to the Ra Moon arc and I love how the story gets dark. Also if anyone's interested, check out the 5 page preview of the newest issue Here.
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ThePirateCaptain

@Wavey
Glad to see you'll finally be picking Mega Man 6 up. It's a good game that gets overlooked too often. All the robot masters are a piece of cake with the buster though.

ThePirateCaptain

KarrotMan

@CapnPancakes Charged buster or uncharged? Because unless you nail the pattern or AI (which is a bit predictable in this batch), certain robot master fights can be tricky (Mostly Flame Man though).

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

ThePirateCaptain

@Guy
Both really, but with the charged Mega Buster especially. I don't really find their patterns that hard to memorize, and even if you do get hit they don't do that much damage. Also, I usually take Flame Man on first so I guess I'm just used to him.

ThePirateCaptain

KarrotMan

I usually take on Flame man first because of his spectacular theme(or was it Tomahawk man?) But his fight is a long drawn out one when I use the pea shooter buster mostly because his wall flame blocking my shots. All in all, this game was great, not the best in some areas, but the stage themes and the rush adaptors more than make up for the slightly forgettable robot master lineup.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

FX29

Just wondering is anyone replaying some Mega Man games to celebrate the Blue Bomber's 25th?
My plan originally was to just replay the classic games from 1 to 10, but then I decided to play as many games as I could!
So far I've replayed through:
Classic Mega Man 1 to 10
Mega Man X2
Mega Man Zero 1 to 4
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network 2 and 5 Team Colonel
I have yet to replay the Star Force series, and I haven't played Legends yet.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

Tasuki

I am always replaying the Mega Man games lol. That is one series I can't get tired of no matter how much I beat it.

My Backlog

Sorry, this topic has been locked.