Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,455

KarrotMan

I personally feel guilty on using any robot master weapons in any MM games after an initial run. I loved the Jan ken poi mechanic when I first played the games, but for me the real fun comes from studying the battle AI's of the bosses while taking them down with your default weapon. It just feels satisfying that way since you're not just using an easy method to get your way.

On a side note, Destructoid posted their Top 5 Mega Man Game List ... Twice. So I thought it would be fitting to share my own top 5 MM games of all time:

5. Mega Man IV (GB)
4. Mega Man and Bass
3. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 9
1. Mega Man 3

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Tasuki

Mega Man 8 made the top 5? WTF?

Anyway I listed my favorites before somewhere in this thread maybe I will re list them later.

@Karakato: I know what you mean it can be satisfying too to beat them doing a buster only run, sometimes though I just like to see how fast I can beat the game given the tools I get through out the game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RevolverLink

I really wish Capcom would re-release the Mega Man Legends games & The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, even if it's just digitally. More than any other Mega Man series, that one has always looked like it meshes perfectly wish my gaming tastes, but even used copies are usually, unfortunately expensive. Especially Tron Bonne.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep wistfully settling for LPs for the foreseeable future.

@Tasuki - Thanks for the feedback, but I ended up going with 2 before you responded to my post, and spent more time than I probably should've last night metal blade-ing almost everything in sight. I'll definitely be getting either 4 or 5 sometime in the next week or two, though.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Tasuki

@RevolverLink: Np, and honestly you can't go wrong with your choices. Mainly I had to use the fact that you never played 4 or 5 as the reason on why you should get those now.

As for my top five Mega Man games here is my list.

Megaman 3
Megaman 2
Megaman 4
Megaman 6
Megaman

My Backlog

KarrotMan

Mega man 8 isn't bad at all(Aside from the VA), may be polarizing among fans but it's a different beast from the NES games and still an above average game in its own merits. While I can't say it is one of the "Better" games of the series, the weapon selection is solid, versatile and can prove to be useful utilities. Did I mention how lovely the spritework and the backgrounds are? The cityscape in Frostman's act 2 stage especially looks gorgeous and lively.

The same can be said for 7 but I still find to be one of the better Classic MM games. It's just that Wily Fortress ruins it for me, especially with that final battle.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Snagrio

I've reach Wily's castle and am almost finished. This has been lots of fun! And you guys were right, the music is top notch stuff. I also plan on getting Mega Man X next sometime later.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CanisWolfred

My favorite Mega Man games:

1. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 2
3. Mega Man 9
4. Mega Man 3
5. Mega Man ZX/Zero 4 (tie)

HM: Mega Man 64/Legends

I should note that with the tie on the bottom, it depends on my mood which one I prefer. If I want a satisfying challenge, I'll go with Zero 4, but if I want something more manageable and exploritory, I'll go with ZX.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

@Karakato: I too, enjoy Mega Man 8. It's one of the "iffy" titles for some fans, but I've always liked it. As you said, the sprites are excellent, as well as the backgrounds. The weapons (again, as you said) are also pretty diverse and useful, and I love toying around with them. I also enjoy the music and the overall "feel" of the game.

@WingedFish: Glad to hear you had fun with Mega Man 2! I also applaud you on your choice to get Mega Man X, which is another fantastic game.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

ThePirateCaptain

While I don't hate Mega Man 7 or Mega Man 8, they're definitely my least favorite games in the Classic series. Explaining why would take a while, so I'll just say that I think they're fine games in their own right, just not up to par with other Mega Man titles.

Anyway, my top 5 Mega Man games would probably be:
1. Mega Man 5
2. Mega Man X
3. Mega Man 10
4. Mega Man X4
5. Mega Man 2

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

MegaStoneSmash91

I can never figure out my top 5. Just can''t decide.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CrimsonFire

Next time I'm back here I'll be a Mega Man Fan

So far i played Mega Man 2 on 3DS then my cousin let me borrow the Mega Man collection on PS2 when i finish with that he'll let me borrow the Mega Man X collection.

RevolverLink

I'm borrowing the Mega Man X Collection from my brother right now. For the first time in my life I got to sit down with Mega Man X for more than five minutes and, shocker, it turned out that I liked it a lot. Especially Storm Eagle's stage/music - that was just so rad.

While I still prefer the classic Mega Man series so far (especially when it comes to the chiptune melodies and character design), I actually ended up using most of X's special weapons frequently, which I don't think I've done for any of the classic games I've played and made for a nice change-of-pace for me.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

KingDunsparce

Well, never having played a Mega Man game before, I bought Mega Man Collection for the GameCube which arrived yesterday. It's pretty fun!

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

kkslider5552000

RevolverLink wrote:

I'm borrowing the Mega Man X Collection from my brother right now. For the first time in my life I got to sit down with Mega Man X for more than five minutes and, shocker, it turned out that I liked it a lot. Especially Storm Eagle's stage/music - that was just so rad.

While I still prefer the classic Mega Man series so far (especially when it comes to the chiptune melodies and character design), I actually ended up using most of X's special weapons frequently, which I don't think I've done for any of the classic games I've played and made for a nice change-of-pace for me.

This reminds me that I have the X Collection, but have played very little of 4, 5 and 6. I might give them another shot to see if they're better than what I played.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

@kkslider
I'd say that X4 is one of the best games in the X series, probably my second favorite. I see a lot of people bashing X5, but I enjoyed it a lot so I don't know why it gets the hate. X6 on the other hand, is quite the frustrating experience and it deserves the criticism it gets.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

KarrotMan

@CapnPancakes X6 had some fun moments, but it indeed was frustrating design wise and it was an unnecessary sequel especially since Inafune intended to end the story with X5. They could have stopped there and the transition to the Zero series would have made alot of sense but the damage has been done. I do agree though that X4 is the second best game in the X series, just loved how zero gets his own campaign and an arsenal of unique weapons.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

MegaStoneSmash91

So, I bought a 3DS XL a week ago, and went ahead and downloaded Mega Man 2, 3, 4, and 6 despite the fact I already own them each (except 6) 3 times (Cartridge, Wii VC, Anniversary Collection). I gotta say, I'm glad I did, even if I didn't need to at all. Having them portable is just so nice, and I know I'll continue to love it. I don't suppose anyone else has done this?

EDIT: Also ended up getting Mega Man 5 as well, like I knew I would. It was inevitable.

Still not sorry I did, though.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

KarrotMan

@MegaStoneSmash91 Yep, I also have Anniversary collection on the PS2 and still bought Mega Man 1-6 For the 3DS. If I ever plan to get a Vita, I might even get the Complete works version of 1-4 since I heard the games look super crisp and vibrant on that OLED screen.

In other news, I just got part 9 of that Sonic/ Mega Crossover. I was ready to give up on this story arc due to the last four issues being weak (And the not so good art style) but then they changed the artist and started off with a full page of almost all the robot masters from 2-10 including MM&Bass. Just felt like they tried to make up for the weaker second act by doing some fanservice. As MM fan, it was an absolute joy to see almost all the official RM's in one page for a battle royale. Even if I want this arc to move on for the Ra moon arc, I'm sure with the new artist, things will pick up for this crossover.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Tasuki

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

So, I bought a 3DS XL a week ago, and went ahead and downloaded Mega Man 2, 3, 4, and 6 despite the fact I already own them each (except 6) 3 times (Cartridge, Wii VC, Anniversary Collection). I gotta say, I'm glad I did, even if I didn't need to at all. Having them portable is just so nice, and I know I'll continue to love it. I don't suppose anyone else has done this?

EDIT: Also ended up getting Mega Man 5 as well, like I knew I would. It was inevitable.

Still not sorry I did, though.

Yep I have them on the 3DS VC as well. Also have them on the Gamecube AC, and the cartridges for 2, 3, and 4. I now have no excused not to play Mega Man even if I am on the can.

My Backlog

Sorry, this topic has been locked.