General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

121. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Soooo MegaStoneSmash91, which is your favorite and least favorite game in the Original Mega Man franchise? I'm pretty sure I've said mine azillion times. But I can't exactly judge 5 and 6 since I haven't played them in a long time, I'm talking a long time! The last time I played Mega Man 5 was back in the early 90's, the same goes for 6. And I still haven't played Mega Man 7 or Mega Man & Bass yet.

But for now, My favorite will always be MM2, with MM9 right on it's . My least favorite would have to be either MM8 or MM4....If I can get past MM8's ear grating techno bubble gum ambient score, Mega Man's awful annoying high pitched voice, those unfitting and 'dark' animated cutscnes and the constant 'power shot' Mega Man yells out during gameplay, than MM8 is definitly a fun experience.

Yet I found MM4 to be bland overall, it had it's decent share of moments, but the entire thing felt tired, with it's unimpressive score, most of the level design were pretty ho-hum and it was just dissapointing after experiencing MM3.

Oh man MM4 has my favorite music of the series.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

122. Posted:

@Tasuki - Mega Man 3 is the cliche thing to say, but who cares, most people like the game. The Wily music is the best in the series and I like how the music for the castle cutscene goes right into the song of the level.

Nobody asked but my favorite games in order are 2, 9, 4, 10, 1, 6, 3, 5, 8, 7. Even then, I still really like 7 and 8, I just really hate how the first Wily stage starts you out on that damn snowboard in 8. The only reason 3 is so low on my list is that it's by far the easiest game in the series.

To answer a previous question, I don't play 6 on the AC, I have the original cartridge.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

123. Posted:

@StuffyStuff: I never noticed that the Wily music goes from the cutscene right into the level in MM3. My favorite Wily music is the first Wily stage in MM2. I know once again its cliche but that song always gets me pumped up when I hear it.

I would play 6 on the NES but I dont own the cartridge or a NES, but if I did I would be playing the original cartridges more than the AC. I could download MM1-4 on the Wii but I dont see the point since I own the AC and I can use that money on other games or things. The only reason I have the AC is cause I bought it when it first came out on the GC because it had all the MM games on it that I had played in years. And considering even with all the faults and differences I still say its one of the best and well done collections around.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

124. Posted:

I would agree that the collection is done well, it's just the damn A/B swap. I had it originally on the Xbox and the controls were better. Nothing beats playing it with the original controller and the Wii Remote is as close as you can get. First Wily in MM2 has an awesome song too. Come to think of it, there aren't many bad songs with the original six games. I'm struggling to think of one. Even the last level in MM2 where there's no music is cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO_rtKqnerg check out how the music fades in from the cutscene. It's not perfect but it's close.

Edited on by StuffyStuff

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

125. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@StuffyStuff: I never noticed that the Wily music goes from the cutscene right into the level in MM3. My favorite Wily music is the first Wily stage in MM2. I know once again its cliche but that song always gets me pumped up when I hear it.

I would play 6 on the NES but I dont own the cartridge or a NES, but if I did I would be playing the original cartridges more than the AC. I could download MM1-4 on the Wii but I dont see the point since I own the AC and I can use that money on other games or things. The only reason I have the AC is cause I bought it when it first came out on the GC because it had all the MM games on it that I had played in years. And considering even with all the faults and differences I still say its one of the best and well done collections around.

I used to play the AC a lot because it was the only way I could play the games without illegally downloading them. Now that I have the original cartridges of MM1-7, I hardly touch the AC except to play MM8 and the occasional game of Power Fighters or Power Battle. The best versions of the games are still the original cartridges, but playing them on VC is good too. The worst (but still good) way to play them is the AC, but you wouldn't notice unless you played the originals recently. There are many minor problems but all the games are, for the most part, just as good as they have always been. The budget price of the collection is one of the best things about it: 10 Mega Man games for around $10. I'd still recommend the carts or VC more than the AC, but having all those games for that much cash is nice.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

126. Posted:

Time for another music selection, and this time it's Flame Man. It's one of my favorite songs in MM6.

As always, the Complete Works version is awesome.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

127. Posted:

I dont know why people make such a big deal of the A/B swap for the GC version of the AC. Yeah its annoying at first but you get adjusted to it. I play any of the MM games as good now as I did back in the day on my NES. The main thing that bugs me on the AC is the sounds mainly the high pitch ones they seemed to make them louder on the AC to the point that some of them hurt my ears. We have had this conversation many times on the differences and why people would choose the AC over the VC or originals.

Ok guys I got one for you out of all the Wily bosses not including Wilys machines or himself, I am talking about the bosses at the end of his stages and yes Dr Cossacks castle and Protomans and MR Xs castle counts too which one is your favorite? Mine would have to be the Gutsdozer in MM2. I remember the first time I went against it I was like OMG its Gutsman as a tank lol. Cleary one of the most unique bosses in any of the MM games, I guess Wily believes in recycling too, which is probably his only good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYD37fmwbQ

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

128. Posted:

@Tasuki: I got used to the button swap as well, although shooting while jumping feels awkward.

The two fortress bosses I like the most are the one in MM5 where you have to shoot the robot's body sections in order to reach its head, and the boss in Wily 1 in MM10 (since you haven't played it yet, I'm not giving the name of it). The one in MM5 is a boss that I just like to fight, and it's a neat concept. The one in MM10 is worth a mention just for being cool.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

129. Posted:

You present a tough question, Tasuki. I like:
Square Machine in MM4 http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Square_Machine
Mechazaurus in MM6 http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mechazaurus Chickens are advised not to open at this time ;-)
Spike Shooters in MM9 http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Spike_Shooters

I think the castle bosses got better as the series progressed.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

130. Posted:

I miss boss weakness creativity. What I mean by that is, I wish that more weapons did a significant amount of damage to a boss instead of just one. It's been like this since Mega Man 4, there is only one (sometimes two) weapon that is useful against a boss. In the first three games, there is wider range of weapons that do a good amount of damage to a boss. Take Wood Man for example.We all know that his main weakness is Atomic Fire, but Metal Blade, Crash Bomber, and even the Air Shooter can all be used on Wood Man with decent results. Now look at Gravity Man, the only two weapons that are useful against him are the Mega Buster (of course) and Star Crash. Every other weapon in MM5 does either 1 unit of damage to him or no damage at all. Why can't the other weapons do any worthwhile damage to him? Isn't it weird how things change like that? But I digress...

Hey, who do you think is the most difficult Robot Master per game? Keep in mind we are talking Buster-only fights without the use of other weapons.

MM1: Elec Man, no contest
MM2: Wood Man, just because of the leaves that fall from the ceiling and he gets closer to you every time he throws his Leaf Shield
MM3: Shadow Man
MM4: Toad Man :D But seriously, I'd have to go with Drill Man (even though I don't find any of them particularly challenging)
MM5: None of them are much of a threat, but Crystal Man's attacks are very difficult to dodge
MM6: Tomahawk Man
MM7: Slash Man
MM8: Search Man
MM9: Plug Man
MM10: Solar Man (Strike Man is a close second)
MM&B: Burner Man

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

131. Posted:

You Liek Mega Man

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

132. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: I think that maybe the reason for making it that only one of the weapons did major damage to the robot masters and the others did little to no damage in the later games in the series was 1) to make it a bit more challenging. 2) To make it more of the rock paper scissor feeling that inspired the creator of Megaman.

As for my list Hmmmm, I really dont have one because as you said using the weapons have become rare in later MM games I always use the robot masters weakness weapons on them. I usually never use the mega buster except on the first Robot master that I go to in said game.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

133. Posted:

@JumpMad: I've seen Mega Man: 8-bit Deathmatch before, but there seems to be a lot of new stuff added since the last time I looked. It's a really cool mod.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

134. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91: I think that maybe the reason for making it that only one of the weapons did major damage to the robot masters and the others did little to no damage in the later games in the series was 1) to make it a bit more challenging. 2) To make it more of the rock paper scissor feeling that inspired the creator of Megaman.

I guess that's true, It makes sense. I'm just nitpicking anyway, it doesn't matter to me that much. I just wanted to mention it.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

135. Posted:

Here's the updated version of a video I posted earlier. It now includes the weapons from Mega Man 10, as well as a couple changes.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

136. Posted:

Its Not a Mega Man Fan Thread, until someone post this :)

The Fighting Robot....Mega Man!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

137. Posted:

@JumpMad: Despite the simple lyrics, I love that opening! Some may say the cartoon was stupid, but I think it's not that bad at all. It may be cheesy at times, and not everything was accurate, but it's entertaining to say the least.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

138. Posted:

The cartoon is pretty bad by today's standards, but it's on par with TMNT in the cheesy category. I liked seeing what they did with the robot masters. I thought Air Man and Pharaoh Man looked pretty bad . I have most of the action figures from the series. Some are really expensive on Ebay.

Edited on by theblackdragon

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

139. Posted:

I never say that MM cartoon before. I streamed one MM cartoon from Netflix awhile back which was pretty cheesy. It was more about Megaman coming out of the game and coming into our world the way the show was setup was like some education video about Japan.

I also saw one a Megaman cartoon a few years ago but I think it was based on the battle network games which is one reason I dont like the BN games.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

140. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Its Not a Mega Man Fan Thread, until someone post this :)

The Fighting Robot....Mega Man!

Oh snap! I used to watch that in my younger days, it only ran for a year from 1994-95. So if you are younger you will most likely not remember it. Ha I was 9 years old when it debuted.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.