General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,161. Posted:

Mega Man 5 gets more hate than that and it's one of my favorite entries in the series. sure some of the weapons suck, but it's still a fun game.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,162. Posted:

I like all of the main games on consoles and the GB ones.. Yes, even mega man 8, as the game is still fun at least.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Dezner

1,163. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Mega Man 5 gets more hate than that and it's one of my favorite entries in the series. sure some of the weapons suck, but it's still a fun game.

3 and 5 were the first ones I owned, so I'm a little extra biased towards them, but I do still love them even today! :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,164. Posted:

I thought Megaman 7 gets the most hate, frankly it's not though. Did a second run and even though Megaman's movement is a bit more cramped, still loved how they spread out the secrets in the stages and how interesting the Weapons can be doubled as utilities. This game is second to Megaman and Bass in terms of treasure hunting and the loot is oh so sweet especially the fight against Protoman and the GnG theme in Stageman's stage. I'd even say that the Junk Shield is the best Shield weapon in the entire Classic series.

If there is a Classics game that deserves to be shunned, it would be Megaman PC on DOS. You have been warned if you're interested in looking further.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,165. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Mega Man 5 is actually one of if not my favorite of the classic series. I know it's criticized for being bland and stale but I just have a blast whenever I play it but it does get bashed frequently.
I cannot stand Mega Man 7 though. I've played through it twice and I just don't enjoy it, whether it be the large sprites, the clunky movement, the bad levels, I don't know. I just find it frustrates me when I play it rather than being fun like 2 or 5.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,166. Posted:

I don't know but when I played 1-10 a few months ago, I enjoyed each and every month. Kinda disliked 6 but not because it was bad it just was too different, but I loved it anyways.

Everybody hates 7 & 8 and I understand completely why. But they were well made games anyways. Who doesn't love the Shademan stage? Who didn't laugh at Aquaman's obvious "stereotype" (you gotta play it to know what i'm talking about, I don't want to offend anyone.)

Sure I love 8 bit Mega Man 20 times more, but they were still enjoyable games in my opinion. Talking in today's standards of course MM8 for PS1 cost me $3 when I bought it a few months ago, I wouldn't pay $40, but it's definetly worth $5.99-9.99 if it's ever available on PSN.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

1,167. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yqflb4xU2Q&feature=related
Kung-fu Cutman! :P

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,168. Posted:

The Ruby-Spears cartoon huh. I used to watch the show as a kid and I thought it was awesome, now I think it's awesomely bad. The puns were heavy, the cliche's were predictable but you can't help but laugh to how stupid this show takes itself. Here are some of the highlights of the show you might remember of the Cartoon:
Cutman is Incompetent
Pharaohman is Awesome
And who can forget, Gutsman's Butt

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,169. Posted:

Bah, I still enjoy the Ruby Spears Cartoon. The animation is stll far more appealing than the unorganic Flash animated uninspired CG junk you see on tv nowadays. Regardless of the Cliche's, puns and what have you it's still a blast...And the intro/theme? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :D. Plus. I love Cheesy. A series like Mega Man(at least the original series) should never take itself too seriously. I miss the days even before hand where cartoonists injected their own bits of originality into Game characters like the Captain N cartoon series. I own the complete series on DVD and my god does it hold up and beyond. The unique & bizarre takes on the characters are even more interesting than the official game characters we all know and love themselves, for the most part. Egg Plant Wizard and King Hippo were the shniz! Simon Belmont is hilarious, but the only real character they completely changed for the worse haha. It's easily my favorite cartoon ever and there's nothing else like it.

Anyways, going to finally read Mega Man Vol 1-4 tomorrow, time to see what all of the mega fuss is about! B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,170. Posted:

@WaveBoy I never said I hated it though, I just said it was awesomely bad. I still enjoyed it but for different reasons compared to when I was a kid. I do like how that energetic vibe the show has, and yes the intro still pumps me up to this day. Even if it was far from perfect, I'd still say it's worth a shot, my fave episode was when Wiley fooled Megaman into thinking he was a human. It had the perfect balance of action and cheese plus it had Magnetman. But saying that Cartoons back then are better than the ones we have? I dunno man, I can see some lazy animation from Captain N, plus I don't think alot of the 80's cartoons are as creative as many might remember.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,171. Posted:

Soooo....it's December. Megaman's 25th birthday is almost here. Is Capcom really not doing anything other than that lame iPhone game and some toys? I can't believe they meant don't get your hopes up. Shame.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Dezner

1,172. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Soooo....it's December. Megaman's 25th birthday is almost here. Is Capcom really not doing anything other than that lame iPhone game and some toys? I can't believe they meant don't get your hopes up. Shame.

Yeah, probably an acknowledgement on the day of and nothing else. Sadz. :(

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,173. Posted:

Apparently Capcom will be releasing Mega Man X Street Fighter on PC for free on December 17th. From what I've gathered, it used to be a fan game that they've officially taken over. Really, I'm just waiting on the punchline for this...what, will it come with online ads or something? Maybe it'll come with no controller support or...maybe it'll utilize a virtual controller using mouse clicks only...or maybe Kinect for Windows? :P

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,174. Posted:

Catch is they're relying on Street Fighter for this to get recognition as Capcom no longer believes in Megaman and feels he never deserves his own stand alone game anymore. And it's PC exclusive, apparently.
Whatever, it's free.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,175. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Catch is they're relying on Street Fighter for this to get recognition as Capcom no longer believes in Megaman and feels he never deserves his own stand alone game anymore. And it's PC exclusive, apparently.
Whatever, it's free.

Or it's because it's the 25th anniversary for both Street Fighter and Mega Man.
:]

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,176. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Whatever, it's free.

Or it's because it's the 25th anniversary for both Street Fighter and Mega Man.
:]

Yeah, I know that. We're you taking my post seriously? XD this is cool.
A little cop-out IMO honestly, and I hate gaming on PC, but this is still cool.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,177. Posted:

I'm not a fan of PC gaming either.
shrugs

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,178. Posted:

shruggers unite shrug! I'll be downloading it anyway. It's a new Megaman.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,179. Posted:

Please work on mac, please work on mac...

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,180. Posted:

To be fair, this is still far more effort and love for the series than I was expecting this year or next year for that matter.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/