General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,121. Posted:

My favorite Robot Master Themes from each game.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,122. Posted:

1. Yeah Bombman's theme is good but Elecman I enjoy slightly better.
2. All the robot masters have amazing themes but either Metal Man or Bubble Man would have to be my favorite.
3. Snake Man, nuff said.
4. Dive Man and Pharaoh Man have the better themes from a slightly weaker soundtrack.
5. Aside from Stone Man and Crystal Man, MM5 has a solid yet underrated soundtrack with Gravity. Wave, and Napalm Man standing out to me.
6. Mega Man 6 has my third favorite soundtrack in the series with great tunes like Tomahawk Man and Blizzard Man.
7. Aside from Shade Man, meh.
8. Astro Man and Frost Man are the only tracks I enjoy here.
9. Probably my favorite soundtrack of the series with Hornet Man being my personal theme of choice.
10. Kinda reminds me of MM5 in being unique and a little different but underrated. How it could be underrated with Solar Man and Sheep Man's themes is beyond me though.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,123. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

1. Yeah Bombman's theme is good but Elecman I enjoy slightly better.
2. All the robot masters have amazing themes but either Metal Man or Bubble Man would have to be my favorite.
3. Snake Man, nuff said.
4. Dive Man and Pharaoh Man have the better themes from a slightly weaker soundtrack.
5. Aside from Stone Man and Crystal Man, MM5 has a solid yet underrated soundtrack with Gravity. Wave, and Napalm Man standing out to me.
6. Mega Man 6 has my third favorite soundtrack in the series with great tunes like Tomahawk Man and Blizzard Man.
7. Aside from Shade Man, meh.
8. Astro Man and Freeze Man are the only tracks I enjoy here.
9. Probably my favorite soundtrack of the series with Hornet Man being my personal theme of choice.
10. Kinda reminds me of MM5 in being unique and a little different but underrated. How it could be underrated with Solar Man and Sheep Man's themes is beyond me though.

1. Elec Man is good, but I just like the little melody 0:22-0:37 and how it builds up to it. Also something that i've seen someone point out before, it sounds like a Pokemon town theme. :P
2. I had a tough choice between Bubble Man, Flash Man, and Quick Man. But in the end, I chose Quick Man because of how "huge" and also admire how well put together it flows since it doesn't have as noticable looping.
3. 3:11, nuff said.
4. 4:03 is kind of why I favored it. Other parts make me feel like someone devious singing on stage for whatever reason, maybe it's because of how strong I think it attemps to start out.
5. I feel as if it attempted to be rather simplistic and humble. 5:36, again, is one of those little melodies that just makes me feel cool, I was actually close at putting Stone Man on there and Wave Man had a theme that was a little too "happy" for me. :P
6. Those are decent too, but I like how dominating Yamato Man's theme is.
7. Yeah, I kinda agree with you there, mostly a more rather "happier" really with exceptions of course.
8. Um...Freeze Man is from MM7, which you pointed out earlier as "meh". :P, I assume you meant Frost Man, and I think he's theme is really quite fittingly, chill. I feel as if it really fits with the whole "futuristicly hip music" trend Mega Man 8 had.
9. It feels like Concrete Man, but without as much pause. :D
10. MM10 overall had more "dreary" sounding Robot Master themes like MM4 did, but Nitro Man feels like a sort of statement of seriousness. Maybe it's because of how much emphasis Solar Man and Sheep Man had seemed to make their themes clear in or something. :P

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,124. Posted:

@Electricmastro
Yeah man I was just commenting on my favorite themes so don't take offense or anything i'm sure you won't but yeah; I enjoy just about every Mega Man song there is. Truly this series has some of the best themes ever made and I listen to all of the soundtracks rather frequently. I always love a top 10 music list especially with Mega Man so thanks for the treat.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,125. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

@Electricmastro
Yeah man I was just commenting on my favorite themes so don't take offense or anything i'm sure you won't but yeah; I enjoy just about every Mega Man song there is. Truly this series has some of the best themes ever made and I listen to all of the soundtracks rather frequently. I always love a top 10 music list especially with Mega Man so thanks for the treat.

Don't worry, I didn't take offense either. It's not so much ranked, it's more like what I like the most from each game.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,126. Posted:

1. Bombman theme. Don't know why but it's such a simple video gamey song that I love it. It's also really...I dunno, first level/happy sounding? It's difficult to describe 8-bit music.
2. Bubbleman because I am unoriginal.
3. Geminiman. It is easily the coolest music in an NES game (which is saying something considering Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden exist) and was so memorable that I instantly remembered it (unlike every other piece of music in the games) the first time I heard it in 2004 despite last playing it in 1997.
4. Pharoahman.
5. Napalmman. While I don't think all Megaman music should try to be exactly the same as Megaman 2 (you can tell Megaman 3 and beyond weren't by the same guy), this is the closest to that game's soundtrack's greatness.
6. Megaman 6 has a boring soundtrack.
7. Junkman. It's really just the catchiest song in the game. It's a darker sounding song than most of the rest but in the most unintentionally goofy way.
8. Tenguman because Tenguman. There's apparently controversy of which version sounds better. I prefer the Ps1 ver. tbh.
9. I don't know.
10. Solarman. It's rare that you can say that an 8-bit song has great buildup to a great climax for a song. This is one of those times.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,127. Posted:

1. Elecman It reminded me of the Journey song "Faithfully" and because of that, I hold it with high regard.
2. Metalman Call me cliche but I like how upbeat and fitting this theme is to his industrial stage, especially if you check out Hyadin's remix.
3. Magnetman Upbeat and really catchy. MM3 had alot of great tracks, but this one stood out because it felt lively and oddly fitting for first stage.
4. Brightman He may be one of the most frustrating bosses, but his stage theme is pretty epic.
5. Gravityman This song seems to be a hodgepodge of discords but it works. Personally I think it fits his gravity bending stage very well.
6. Windman Has that feeling of being care free and flying high imo, which really fits the stage. Plus the track is catchy too.
7. Cloudman I'm a sucker for catchy and happy tunes, especially if they give you that warm 90's feeling.
8. Tenguman A guilty pleasure of mine. Fits his stage perfectly and couple that with the rush shooter segment and it became my favorite stage of the game.
MM&B. Groundman I could have said Coldman, but his theme doesn't give you that jazzy and groovy beat.
9. Galaxyman One of the catchiest Megaman tracks out there.
10. Nitroman haven't played that much of MM10 yet, but I'm really enjoying Nitroman's theme the most.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,128. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

1. Bombman theme. Don't know why but it's such a simple video gamey song that I love it. It's also really...I dunno, first level/happy sounding? It's difficult to describe 8-bit music.
2. Bubbleman because I am unoriginal.
3. Geminiman. It is easily the coolest music in an NES game (which is saying something considering Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden exist) and was so memorable that I instantly remembered it (unlike every other piece of music in the games) the first time I heard it in 2004 despite last playing it in 1997.
4. Pharoahman.
5. Napalmman. While I don't think all Megaman music should try to be exactly the same as Megaman 2 (you can tell Megaman 3 and beyond weren't by the same guy), this is the closest to that game's soundtrack's greatness.
6. Megaman 6 has a boring soundtrack.
7. Junkman. It's really just the catchiest song in the game. It's a darker sounding song than most of the rest but in the most unintentionally goofy way.
8. Tenguman because Tenguman. There's apparently controversy of which version sounds better. I prefer the Ps1 ver. tbh.
9. I don't know.
10. Solarman. It's rare that you can say that an 8-bit song has great buildup to a great climax for a song. This is one of those times.

1. I feel the same way.
2. I think Metalman is more unoriginal personally. :P
3. I personally don't like the "Instruments" that Gemini Man's Theme uses, but I think it's ok.
4. Same as 3.
5. Reminds me of what you said about Bombman.
6. Eh. It does manage to have 1 or 2 good ones here and there.
7. Shademan isn't darker? Wow. :P
8. I prefer the PS1 version too.
9. Not surprised since it might be hard which one is the best. :P
10. Solarman reminds me of "hard rock guitar".

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,129. Posted:

Wow. This Napalm Man Remasteration is very awesome.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,130. Posted:

Click to play Rockman Xover*

*Flash is required.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,131. Posted:

Am I the only one kinda irritated that Japan is getting the NES games instead of the GB ones on 3DS VC? They are on IV already on NES, but they haven't put out MMII on GB! Why? I know MMII isn't as good as the others, but it doesn't have bad gameplay, just music.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,132. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Am I the only one kinda irritated that Japan is getting the NES games instead of the GB ones on 3DS VC? They are on IV already on NES, but they haven't put out MMII on GB! Why? I know MMII isn't as good as the others, but it doesn't have bad gameplay, just music.

They're terrible. They are. That's why.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,133. Posted:

Not all of them. MMIII has the best level design and music out of the 5, MMIV has the shop system, and MMV is like an RPG. MMII is the only underwhelming one, and that's no reason why they can't release the rest of them.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,134. Posted:

I agree I really can't wait for MMV. That one was fantastic. Capcom just doesn't care enough for megaman right now to risk releasing mediocre games.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,135. Posted:

I don't really see why this hate for Capcom has started. In 2010 we got MM10, and that was amazing! Yes, Mega man universe got canned (Due to Bad box art Mega man), and MML3 (Which wasn't really good anyway, didn't feel like classic mega man 64) got canceled, but that's pretty much it. If anything, I think Capcom is preparing December to be a blow out of MM.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,136. Posted:

Street Fighter VS Tekken was a giant DLC scam, MML3 was a game people have been waiting for for more than 10 YEARS and they let fans take part in designs only for it to be canned, they blame the cancelation on the fans WHO WERE WAITING FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS, they did something about sexism that offended some people (I remember hearing about this but didn't pay attention so I could be wrong), and more things I could list if I wanted.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,137. Posted:

The problem is they've been pulling crap since their inception. I suppose you could argue that it's gotten worse, but the main thing here is that more people are knowing about Capcom's crap (and faster) than ever, and more people are getting tired of it sooner. It hurts even more now that they don't have a lot of highly anticipated games coming out now that RE6 is out (and getting slammed left and right).

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,138. Posted:

I'm waiting for the moment that Capcom either starts giving us fans what we actually want or they go bankrupt. One or the other is going to happen eventually, mark my words.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,139. Posted:

Jon_Talbain wrote:

The problem is they've been pulling crap since their inception. I suppose you could argue that it's gotten worse, but the main thing here is that more people are knowing about Capcom's crap (and faster) than ever, and more people are getting tired of it sooner. It hurts even more now that they don't have a lot of highly anticipated games coming out now that RE6 is out (and getting slammed left and right).

some truth to this but I just...don't know. It's just too dumb. Like how does one get owned by fanboys on Newgrounds? That shouldn't be possible.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,140. Posted:

@MegaMan Xover
Well the boss fight requires absolutely no strategy whatsoever and the gameplay is boring as sitting in D.C. traffic.

I did just finish the Zero series again so here's my thoughts on that series.

MMZ1 - A very different game from the Classic or X series with short mission based gameplay perfect for a portable. They did make you go to levels several times but having the world interconnected was cool, the grinding for E-crystals, not so much.

MMZ2 - A bit more colorful and diverse that the first game and generally just made improvements all round. The introduction of Elpizo as a character is.... interesting to put it blankly.

MMZ3 - Kind of like X5 in the regard that it feels very epic and the story catches you more than the first two games. Probably my favorite game in the Zero series and if you've played the game, you probably understand why.

MMZ4 - Kinda felt like a step back from the third game but great nonetheless. The recipe system isn't quite as fun as the secret disks or unlockable forms but the gameplay is still good and the story is different but sad. The boss rush and final boss are pretty brutal and the levels weren't as memorable as 2 or 3 but actually being able to unlock EX skills for a change was nice.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.