General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,563

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,041. Posted:

@MikeDanger1: Let me first preface this by saying, I don't feel like I am a hardcore Mega Man fan, but I do feel for hardcore Mega Man fans.

I think Capcom should just let the franchise die...or put it on hiatus. If they don't know what to do with the franchise anymore, they should just let it die or take the time to seriously re-evaluate what the next step should be.

Sure, some fans will be disappointed in the short term that there won't be a new Mega Man game, there are always people clamoring for a sequel of something they like, appropriate or not, but with the approach of how Capcom is handling Mega Man right now, far more fans are likely going to be pissed off that they're driving the franchise they know and love into the ground.

I mean, sure, in the end, it's their property to do as they please, but that doesn't change the emotional investment many long time fans have with the series and although getting new people into an established franchise like Mega Man is great, with the way Mega Man is currently being handled, it is far more likely that Capcom is pushing away those long time fans of the Mega Man series.

I mean seriously, what long time fans of Mega Man really want to play what will inevitably be a poorly made social game on iOS? ...

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,042. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

@MickeyMac Good thing I didn't read what you originally posted. But calm down man I didn't mean it as an insult nor anything.

It's an insult to me whether you meant it or not. And not just an insult, but a slanderous one as well. Too many people have said it to me for me to let it slide anymore. I demand an apology.

MikeDanger1 wrote:

But yeah, putting me in the ringer? I got better things to do then fight over the internet on a nintendo site.

I didn't mean you. You're already dead to me. There's no [point in beating on a corpse. I meant the next person who says it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Lan

1,043. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

@MickeyMac Good thing I didn't read what you originally posted. But calm down man I didn't mean it as an insult nor anything.

It's an insult to me whether you meant it or not. And not just an insult, but a slanderous one as well. Too many people have said it to me for me to let it slide anymore. I demand an apology.

MikeDanger1 wrote:

But yeah, putting me in the ringer? I got better things to do then fight over the internet on a nintendo site.

I didn't mean you. You're already dead to me. There's no [point in beating on a corpse. I meant the next person who says it.

I think you're taking the internet waaay too seriously.

On topic, my favorite Mega Man is easily X, followed by Zero. I grew up watching my cousin play X (because I was too bad at it to beat it) and I always thought he was one of the coolest looking characters ever.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,044. Posted:

Lan wrote:

I think you're taking the internet waaay too seriously.

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if an entire forum repeated the same lie to you every day for a year.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,045. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

In my opinion, I think Capcom should just reboot the series like how Konami has rebooted Castlevania with Lords of Shadow.

So they should make a game that rips off elements from every other successful 3d action title of the past decade, except nowhere near as good in any way?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,046. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So they should make a game that rips off elements from every other successful 3d action title of the past decade, except nowhere near as good in any way?

No, they already tried that with Mega Man Legends. Let me fix that. *ahem

Do what Mortal Kombat and Sonic Generations did. Do a 2D platformer but with modern graphics. better?

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,047. Posted:

X8 did that and it sold poorly.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,048. Posted:

The fact that it had two vehicle levels really brought it down in the reviews, which may have contributed to the poor sales.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,049. Posted:

Let it go, please — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,050. Posted:

I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before regarding you taking things too seriously, Mickeymac, and you're not helping by continuing to poke him about it, MikeDanger1. The next person to continue this fight has earned themselves a temp-ban. Knock it off, both sides, right now please.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,051. Posted:

^I don't really recall us having that discussion. It's a sensitive issue for me, and you making light of it by saying "I'm just taking it too seriously" isn't doing anything to dampen my rage. I'll be keeping the request in my signature, but I'm serious, I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,052. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Do what Mortal Kombat and Sonic Generations did. Do a 2D platformer but with modern graphics. better?

Yes, quite. I'd be interested in that. Not sure if it would work but it's worth a shot.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,053. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'll be keeping the request in my signature, but I'm serious, I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Thus removing your awesome penguin likes chess quote thing? :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,054. Posted:

Only had 300 characters to work with. :/

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,055. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

^I don't really recall us having that discussion. It's a sensitive issue for me, and you making light of it by saying "I'm just taking it too seriously" isn't doing anything to dampen my rage. I'll be keeping the request in my signature, but I'm serious, I'm not gonna take it anymore.

I'd advise you to take it elsewhere instead. I'm tired of the reports. this will be your only warning.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,056. Posted:

@Mickeymac Awwwwwww...I liked the penguin, ballet, chess, explosion thing. :(

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,057. Posted:

Let's get back on topic, please — TBD

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,058. Posted:

I'm on the Wily stages on Mega Man 10. I really need to practice these stages, I barely lived passed the first stage, but sadly I quit playing before the ending after trying a few times and I have to do it all over again because there's no saving for these stages,

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,059. Posted:

yea megaman 10 is really hard i quited the game but one day i will try agian

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,060. Posted:

I'm not a big fan of mega man. The games are more "similar" than the nsbm series is.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u