Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,455

kkslider5552000

Jon_Talbain wrote:

The problem is they've been pulling crap since their inception. I suppose you could argue that it's gotten worse, but the main thing here is that more people are knowing about Capcom's crap (and faster) than ever, and more people are getting tired of it sooner. It hurts even more now that they don't have a lot of highly anticipated games coming out now that RE6 is out (and getting slammed left and right).

some truth to this but I just...don't know. It's just too dumb. Like how does one get owned by fanboys on Newgrounds? That shouldn't be possible.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

@MegaMan Xover
Well the boss fight requires absolutely no strategy whatsoever and the gameplay is boring as sitting in D.C. traffic.

I did just finish the Zero series again so here's my thoughts on that series.

MMZ1 - A very different game from the Classic or X series with short mission based gameplay perfect for a portable. They did make you go to levels several times but having the world interconnected was cool, the grinding for E-crystals, not so much.

MMZ2 - A bit more colorful and diverse that the first game and generally just made improvements all round. The introduction of Elpizo as a character is.... interesting to put it blankly.

MMZ3 - Kind of like X5 in the regard that it feels very epic and the story catches you more than the first two games. Probably my favorite game in the Zero series and if you've played the game, you probably understand why.

MMZ4 - Kinda felt like a step back from the third game but great nonetheless. The recipe system isn't quite as fun as the secret disks or unlockable forms but the gameplay is still good and the story is different but sad. The boss rush and final boss are pretty brutal and the levels weren't as memorable as 2 or 3 but actually being able to unlock EX skills for a change was nice.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CanisWolfred

I always liked Zero 4 the most. It was the only MMZ game that wasn't stupidly punishing to the point of no longer being fun. MMZX is even better in that regard, and actually felt very balanced compared to the Zero games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezner

Plus, Zero 4's ending.....FFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Never forget.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

KarrotMan

Playing through Zero 4 atm, its definitely the easiest game of the series, but it's still a pain to S-rank. I'd say Zero 3 is the best since the difficulty was still challenging but not at the point where I'd bite my DS/gba. Plus I loved the bosses and their corresponding EX skills there, especially Mantisk, X rematch and Omega final.

I am still hopeful for a third ZX game, that true ending left an open door for inti creates. But woe, the second game probably bombed and X Over is the new megaman game we have to look forward this year (Which I'll still get if it comes to android). Granted the iOS game looks like crap, but you could do worse for a couple of bucks, plus I'd like to see what they'll do with the card system. Megaman isn't dead, I Know what I'm fighting for, and the comics are great. I'll wait for the 25th anniversary before making any hasty generalizations.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Dezner

Oh man, Archie issues #17 and #18 were really good. Proto-Good, in fact! Also, there was AWESOME foreshadowing with Light POLISHING Splash Woman's helmet....maybe we'll get to see what color hair she has in the next issue!

Damn I can't wait for the next issue....Tempo comes back and Splash Woman OMGHAWTNESS

WAVEBOY WHERE ARE YOU?

Uguu!

Twitter:

Dezner

Yeah, it's nice to know at least ONE of the game series in the massive Mega franchise had an ending, though I haven't played enough BN games to know if that "ended" or not. >_>

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

Twitter:

KarrotMan

Dezner wrote:

Oh man, Archie issues #17 and #18 were really good. Proto-Good, in fact! Also, there was AWESOME foreshadowing with Light POLISHING Splash Woman's helmet....maybe we'll get to see what color hair she has in the next issue!

Damn I can't wait for the next issue....Tempo comes back and Splash Woman OMGHAWTNESS

Loved the Protoman Origin arc even if it was a two issue arc, #18 especially hit me emotionally. The Gutsman side stories were a mixed bag, the first had a neat cameo, but the second was meh. As for the next 6 issues, I'm a bit disappointed that they'll be independent filler issues and not a continuation of the main arc (Megaman 3 and Ra Thor) but I'm still hopeful that they will focus on building character, but still I want to see how they'll take on Megaman 3. Just read the Gigamix manga and it was perfect.

Dezner wrote:

Yeah, it's nice to know at least ONE of the game series in the massive Mega franchise had an ending, though I haven't played enough BN games to know if that "ended" or not. >_>

I can tell you that I expected more from MMBN's ending, just wasn't the same level of MMZ. Megaman X5 was supposed to be the last game in the X series and I thought it would have been a perfect way to end it since it would fulfill X3's prophecy of zero dying with the Sigma virus and the story would set up for the Elf wars preceding the events of the MMZ series. But X6 exists. It had to, and I am still baffled why.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

ThePirateCaptain

@Karakato
But X6 doesn't exist so there.

For anyone who's played Mega Man ZX Advent, how is it and how does it stack up to the Zero series?

ThePirateCaptain

KarrotMan

ZX Advent doesn't quite stack up to the MMZ series and it's predecessor IMO. Granted navigating the areas is less cluttered compared to the first game and they've managed to hire some english VA, The story is a mess even if you did follow the adequate plot of the first game, it's like they forgot the first game happened and focused on two different character. You can play as almost every boss in the game, but most of them are useless in mobility(looking at you Chronoforce and Bifrost). But that said, It was still some great Run and gun fun that has more content than the first game. I personally love the Megaman and Bass 2 references since Obscure games are my thing and the best thing about this game is the 8-bit armor you can unlock from the retro minigame.

Every Megaman fan should at least give it a try. It doesn't have the epic tone of MMZ series or ZX but at it's core, it's still one of the better DS platformers. Also, if they ever make a sequel, I do hope they shift focus back to the Model switching mechanic and not the A-trans, the ZX series made alot of call backs to previous Megaman series, why revive past characters into Biometal forms like Bass or Vava?

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Final-Starman

Megaman 4 is underrated. That is all.

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Dezner

Onikato wrote:

ZX Advent doesn't quite stack up to the MMZ series and it's predecessor IMO. Granted navigating the areas is less cluttered compared to the first game and they've managed to hire some english VA, The story is a mess even if you did follow the adequate plot of the first game, it's like they forgot the first game happened and focused on two different character. You can play as almost every boss in the game, but most of them are useless in mobility(looking at you Chronoforce and Bifrost). But that said, It was still some great Run and gun fun that has more content than the first game. I personally love the Megaman and Bass 2 references since Obscure games are my thing and the best thing about this game is the 8-bit armor you can unlock from the retro minigame.

Every Megaman fan should at least give it a try. It doesn't have the epic tone of MMZ series or ZX but at it's core, it's still one of the better DS platformers. Also, if they ever make a sequel, I do hope they shift focus back to the Model switching mechanic and not the A-trans, the ZX series made alot of call backs to previous Megaman series, why revive past characters into Biometal forms like Bass or Vava?

Haha, sounds awesome. I still can't believe my lack of enthusiasm for ZX, I do have it and ZXA but I barely played ZX at all. Rokko Chan lately has revived my Mega Man interest so maybe I can start over from the beginning of ZX and give it another try.

Uguu!

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Well I just found Mega Man ZX Advent in like new condition at a store called Second and Charles so I jumped on the chance to pick it up. I guess I'll find out for myself how well the ZX games hold up.

ThePirateCaptain

TheDreamingHawk

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Street Fighter VS Tekken was a giant DLC scam, MML3 was a game people have been waiting for for more than 10 YEARS and they let fans take part in designs only for it to be canned, they blame the cancelation on the fans WHO WERE WAITING FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS, they did something about sexism that offended some people (I remember hearing about this but didn't pay attention so I could be wrong), and more things I could list if I wanted.

MML3 wasn't even a good idea in the first place. Mainly because MM64 (Which I hear was a port of MML2 from the PS1 I think) was just terrible for me. They should have done MM11 instead.

And for the SFVST DLC, that's just the way the world works. Sadly even though it was stupid, it isn't a disaster. And I actually like how Mega man is in his bad box art form, as it adds a unique touch to the game. They also did the same to pac-man, you know, placing him in a robot and giving him the ugly new look.

I just think it's due to Inafune leaving capcom that this MM messup has started.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Retro_on_theGo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Street Fighter VS Tekken was a giant DLC scam, MML3 was a game people have been waiting for for more than 10 YEARS and they let fans take part in designs only for it to be canned, they blame the cancelation on the fans WHO WERE WAITING FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS, they did something about sexism that offended some people (I remember hearing about this but didn't pay attention so I could be wrong), and more things I could list if I wanted.

MML3 wasn't even a good idea in the first place. Mainly because MM64 (Which I hear was a port of MML2 from the PS1 I think) was just terrible for me. They should have done MM11 instead.

There's a difference between opinion and fact. I entirely respect your intelligence so I'm sure you already knew that. MML 3 wasn't a bad idea, not entirely. Megaman 64 was a port of MML. MML 2 never came to a Nintendo console I believe. MML 2 set up a cliff hanger ending that still hasn't been concluded so for that alone MML 3 was a good idea. Plenty of fans have been bugging Capcom for that game so from a satisfying the fans perspective, it's a good idea. In terms of profit... it could have gone either way. So it's understandable they didn't want to go through with it but they should have been damn sure they were going to finish it if they let fans get that involved.
And Megaman Legends 3 would have been a breath of fresh air to the Megaman franchise. Megaman's first game since his last one in 2 years ( 3?) should be something new not same old. At least newer than a Megaman 11.

TheDreamingHawk

Oh yeah, that cliffhanger in MML2... I hear it's quite annoying. Maybe they could release a manga or something to shut fans up? Hearing rants on every post on the capcom facebook page is getting annoying by now.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

CanisWolfred

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

It was a port of Mega Man Legends 1, actually. And it was a good idea. Not only is it Inafune's favorite series that he's worked on, but the second game ended on a cliffhanger. I'll admit, the series had room to grow, but that's just what makes its lose so much more disappointing. It would've been interesting to see where the series could've gone, what it could've introduced, and now we'll never know.

Mega Man 11 would've been the worse idea. I mean c'mon, that series was used up back in the '90s. Sure, Mega Man 9 was good, but Mega Man 10 just proved how stale the series still was. There's really nowhere left to go with that series. I'd much prefer they let it die, and focus on areas that still have some level of creativity and life left in it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

while I disagree with it, I understand the game's cancellation from a "hey games should make a profit sometimes" standpoint. Cancelling the demo/prequel thing was just pathetic though. But honestly, after the Ono interview, it really doesn't matter by comparison.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sorry, this topic has been locked.