General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,569

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,021. Posted:

I like Axl. He's pretty cool, it's just unfortunate he was introduced so late and on a bad-ish game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Megajack

1,022. Posted:

I'm not into the X's... how far has it gone?

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,023. Posted:

From what I remember hearing long ago, X5 was supposed to be the last X game before moving on to the Zero series, so everything X after that was just cashing in.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

1,024. Posted:

Oh okay. Thanks for answering. @sykotek

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,025. Posted:

@mega: Oh, for your question, X8 was the last numbered entry in the X series I think. There was X, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X Command Mission, Xtreme, Xtreme2, X Collection, and Maverick Hunter X, but not necessarily in that order. ...pretty sure I'm not missing anything important.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

1,026. Posted:

Oh. Xtreme seems good. I read about it on the playback section of NintendoPower. It says it has 4 bosses from X then 4 from X2. I may get it but it looks very difficult considering the small screen. X2 was hard enough.

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,027. Posted:

Xtreme is ok. I think it only has bosses from X though. Unless I'm mistaken it's Xtreme2 that has bosses from X and X2. I remember Xtreme being nothing more than a rehash with a different story and completely unnecessary if you already have X. Xtreme 2 actually had an original story and other things that made it a worthwhile purchase. I hope we see it on VC someday.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Megajack

1,028. Posted:

That would be nice. :D But I dout we will ever see it on 3DSVC. @Retro_on_theGo

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,029. Posted:

he's talking about Wii I think

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,030. Posted:

Neither Xtremes were very good, IMO. Dashing was assigned to double tapping the d-pad, which is a lot less convenient and made it impossible to dash off walls (I think) and really just made you much more likely to screw things up since the whole game is still designed around dashing. They had a lot of slowdown, too, IIRC.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,031. Posted:

Is there any game that you do like? you can talk about them you know.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,032. Posted:

Yes, there are games I do like, but I'm not talking about them at this time.
watch the temper, that was uncalled for — TBD

EDIT: Fine, but if anyone says it again, I'm quitting the internet for good, but not before I put that person through the ringer...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,033. Posted:

Is there anything new on that iOS Megaman game that I may have missed? I just can't come to accept this is what Capcom thinks is good for a huge anniversary. I want the game to be good but in the end I just can't care since there are at least 2 other Megaman games that need a sequel that would have made a better anniversary game. If you're going to do a huge Megaman crossover at least go all out with it, not some iPad game. Not that those are bad it's just I don't like gaming on the iPad or iPhone for some reason. No stupid fanboy reasons, I just irrationally don't.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,034. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If you're going to do a huge Megaman crossover at least go all out with it, not some iPad game. Not that those are bad it's just I don't like gaming on the iPad or iPhone for some reason. No stupid fanboy reasons, I just irrationally don't.

It's not like it's a platformer.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,035. Posted:

Meet The New Megaman, Over-1

Untitled

Apparently, Over-1 is an New Reploid(what?) built by Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack. He has a special ability to use the Battle Memory ability to save the present and future. This new megaman is looking swag, if you know what I'm talking about. Maybe this social megaman game wont be so bad if the battle memory customization was substantial, and that's a big maybe.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,036. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If you're going to do a huge Megaman crossover at least go all out with it, not some iPad game. Not that those are bad it's just I don't like gaming on the iPad or iPhone for some reason. No stupid fanboy reasons, I just irrationally don't.

Touch screen controls ruin the fun, especially for a hardcore platformer like Megaman. Your fingers are already hiding part of the screen, then you have to slide them and stuff. It kinda sucks.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,037. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Yeah, I know. Like I said. My dislike of playing any game on the iPad is irrational.

@GuardianKing He just said this Megaman game won't be a plat former...

@Karakato well he looks...not stupid I guess. lol @ the guy's reaction to his creation. It's a crossover game. It'll most likely be non canon and make no sense just for the heck of it.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,038. Posted:

@MickeyMac Good thing I didn't read what you originally posted. But calm down man I didn't mean it as an insult nor anything. But yeah, putting me in the ringer? I got better things to do then fight over the internet on a nintendo site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But back on topic, I sort of wonder how the multiplayer will turn out to be. Like how are we going to differ from player to player and stuff like that. I also wonder why they chose to do this over Mega Man Legends 3 or Mega Man Universe since this obviously has had waaaaaay less hype than those two.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,039. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I also wonder why they chose to do this over Mega Man Legends 3 or Mega Man Universe since this obviously has had waaaaaay less hype than those two.

Probably because it's far cheaper to develop compared to a full fledged game for 3DS or PS3 where gamers expect a certain level of quality. Even if it could be severely lacking in quality, iOS users will probably see "Mega Man" for probably $4.99 and figure "Why the hell not, it's Mega Man and for the iPhone, great! I've heard of Mega Man, he was in that cartoon when I was a kid" and enough suckers will buy it and if it sucks not even care in the end because it was only a dollar. It's not like it really drags the Mega Man brand through the mud any further than it already has been either, nobody really expects too much from an iOS game. In short, it's a good way to make quick money.

Edit: Sorry, some quick fact changes, average price of Capcom apps are $4.99

Edited on by sykotek

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,040. Posted:

@sykotek yeah I know what you mean man. They are just not taking any more risks with the franchise and just settle with the quick and easy cash in.

In my opinion, I think Capcom should just reboot the series like how Konami has rebooted Castlevania with Lords of Shadow. They just don't know what to do with the series anymore. But Capcom is just too stubborn to listen.