General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 101 to 120 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

101. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

The Wily Machine Part 2 in MM4 is SOOOO hard. Any tips?

I never use the Drill Bombs for anything other than opening up walls so I never knew they detonated by pressing B and it took me years to figure out how to beat him.

I didn't know you could blow them up early at first either. As a result, I used the Mega Buster on the Wily Machine. Unfortunately, you have to fire at the peak of your jump to hit the weak point, which is hard to do. But I do like the Drill Bomb as a weapon, I like using it and I think it's pretty cool. I consider it to be one of the better weapons in MM4, along with Pharaoh Shot, Dive Missle, Dust Crusher, and Ring Boomerang. Rain Flush is good once in a while (especially on the Hippos in Ring Man's stage), Flash Stopper is only useful in certain situations, and Skull Barrier isn't really the kind of weapon you want to fight with (although it's useful for when things jump at you or when you need protection to get past certain obstacles easily). Overall I think MM4 has a good set of weapons, and the Balloon and Wire Adapters are great little additions.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

102. Posted:

I use the Rain Flush on the hippos too. Skull Barrier is good in Drill Man's stage in that section where the rocks are dropping on you. The only knock I have on MM4 is that most of the Cossack and Wily bosses weaknesses are the Ring Boomerang and Dust Crusher. I would have liked some more variety.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

103. Posted:

I use Skull Barrier during the falling rock part too, and I also use it on the home stretch to the fight with Toad Man where those fish jump out of the water. And I never noticed that most of the fortress bosses have the same weaknesses. I use the Dust Crusher on the Moving Room at the end of Cossack 2, and The Ring Boomerang on that weird looking monstrosity with the moving platforms (can't remember what stage that was in). For the rest of them, not including Wily himself, I use the Mega Buster. The Buster worked well enough, so I guess I never experimented with the other weapons.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

104. Posted:

Yeah I figured that the Drill Bombs could be blown up by pressing the shoot button again, but the only reason I found that out was cause of a walkthrough I looked up online cause I was having the same problem at first with the Second Wily machine. Once you get the timing down though Dragoon it wont be hard at all, heck I dont even use an energy tank.

@StuffyStuff: Yeah I noticed that two that alot of the bosses in the Castles were weak against either Ring Boomerang and Dust Crusher but that is pretty much the same with most MM games. In MM2 most of the Castle bosses are weak to the Quick Boomerang, The Dragon, The Gutsdozer just to name two of them.

@MegaStoneSmash91 Yep agree MM4 has some of the best and most unique weapons of any of the original series. I use Rain Flush alot when I just want to clear out a room mainly when its full of the Bubble Bats or in the one section of Cossacks castle I think it is where theres a couple ladders that you have to go up but those spinning robots are on the platforms. I also use the Skull barrier in the first level of Cossacks castle where you jump across the gaps and those things shoot up from the pits.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

105. Posted:

True about multiple Wily bosses being defeated with the same weapon. I don't understand the reasoning behind the creators not mixing it up. It's not like it makes logical sense to kill things with bubbles and compacted garbage. It's funny how, for me anyway, some games have weapons you can use throughout the game, but other games like MM5 I pretty much only use the Mega Buster the entire time, even on the bosses. I use the Needle Cannon and Elec Beam until it runs out in every level, but I can't find a use for any weapon in MM5 other than Gyro Attack.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

106. Posted:

So I finally started playing MM6. I've played all the robot master stages so far, beat three of the masters, and...

...I'm pretty sure this is my vote for weakest link in the classic series. I can't say I'm really enjoying it as much as the others. Not a bad game, but it's making me want to just play MM5 again instead.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

107. Posted:

@Chicken_Brutus: Wow thats different than me I thought MM5 was the weakest link of the classic series. MM5 seemed almost like a rushed job to me and I liked MM6 alot better.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

108. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Chicken_Brutus: Wow thats different than me I thought MM5 was the weakest link of the classic series. MM5 seemed almost like a rushed job to me and I liked MM6 alot better.

Agreed. I think MM6 is a pretty good game. Plant Man is stupid as hell but his level is one of the more fun ones in the game. I hate switching between Rush Adapters and being forced to see the little cut scene they give you when they're chosen.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

109. Posted:

I won't deny that 5 felt a little like they phoned it in, but it's still a fan game, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. It's a little cut-and-paste, but, hey, it worked for what it was.

With 6 though, it's obvious that they put a lot of additional effort into the game...but it's all just tying some bows and ribbons to things we had anyway. (I'm thinking specifically of the "deluxe" boss title screens, and the dramatic thunderclap when you make it to a boss room.) Other things that they added for this game actually make routine features seem irritating (such as the cutscenes when switching adapters).

I don't doubt that 6 got a lot of effort. It's just effort that either doesn't do much for me, or makes the game less fun to play. 5 was a good game overall, even if the fortress stages kind of sucked. And I loved the Gravity Man and Wave Man stages.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

110. Posted:

You can skip the cutscenes when you switch adapters by pressing a button which I usually do after the millionth time seeing it. I do like how the added the specs for the robot masters when you selected them kinda interesting see them. I do like Wavemans stage in MM5 especially the jet ski part I thought that was original, but everything else felt kinda blah in MM5 to me but as they say to each their own.

Overall how are you liking the AC their Chicken Brutus?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

111. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

True about multiple Wily bosses being defeated with the same weapon. I don't understand the reasoning behind the creators not mixing it up. It's not like it makes logical sense to kill things with bubbles and compacted garbage. It's funny how, for me anyway, some games have weapons you can use throughout the game, but other games like MM5 I pretty much only use the Mega Buster the entire time, even on the bosses. I use the Needle Cannon and Elec Beam until it runs out in every level, but I can't find a use for any weapon in MM5 other than Gyro Attack.

Yeah, some weapons are just great to run around with, like the Thunder Beam, Metal Blade, Needle Cannon, Shadow Blade, Pharaoh Shot, and so many others. I know what you mean about the weapons in 5, too. The weapons in MM5 are pretty boring and most of them aren't nearly as useful as the Mega Buster. Once in a while, though, I'll just think: "Hey, I think I'll bring out (insert weapon name) and play around with it for a while", even though using the Buster is usually a better idea. I can't think of good uses for the weapons either. Crystal Eye is almost pointless, Power Stone is extremely hard to hit enemies with and it isn't as powerful as the name suggests. Napalm Bombs are kind of cool, but they drop right in front of you and move along the ground too slowly. Gravity Hold could have been useful, but it runs out too fast and some enemies aren't affected by it unless you use it more than once. Since there are quite a few airborn enemies in the game, the usefulness of Charge Kick and Water Wave is limited (although Water Wave isn't too bad of a weapon). Star Crash is just as useful as Skull Barrier in MM4, except you can fire this one.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

112. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

You can skip the cutscenes when you switch adapters by pressing a button which I usually do after the millionth time seeing it. I do like how the added the specs for the robot masters when you selected them kinda interesting see them. I do like Wavemans stage in MM5 especially the jet ski part I thought that was original, but everything else felt kinda blah in MM5 to me but as they say to each their own.

Or you can just skip the cutscene altogether by using the C-stick! THis is one of the better things about the AC, and it goes for the other games, too. You can use the C-stick to cycle through Rush Forms, and even the Balloon and Wire Adapters in MM4.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

113. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Agreed. I think MM6 is a pretty good game. Plant Man is stupid as hell but his level is one of the more fun ones in the game. I hate switching between Rush Adapters and being forced to see the little cut scene they give you when they're chosen.

I love Mega Man 6, and anyone who likes the other ones should like it too, since it's just more Mega-Goodness. :) I like the music better in 6, 5 was kind of a letdown on most of the music. The weapons are better than the ones in 5, too. It's too bad that a lot of people don't like MM6. And again, if you're playing on the AC (Not sure if you are), you can use the C-stick to cycle through adapters. Unless of course you're playing the PS2 or XBox versions, but the right stick should work on PS2 as well (not sure about XBox).

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

114. Posted:

Huh, I'll be damned. I had no idea you could use the C-Stick to cycle the adapters. xD

Awesome!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

115. Posted:

First thread on the page, how ironic.

The MM game I owned was MM4, and my favorite? SkullMan obviously. For me MM 1 through 4 represent the glory days. And Mega Man X is the best MM game ever made.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

116. Posted:

Soooo MegaStoneSmash91, which is your favorite and least favorite game in the Original Mega Man franchise? I'm pretty sure I've said mine azillion times. But I can't exactly judge 5 and 6 since I haven't played them in a long time, I'm talking a long time! The last time I played Mega Man 5 was back in the early 90's, the same goes for 6. And I still haven't played Mega Man 7 or Mega Man & Bass yet.

But for now, My favorite will always be MM2, with MM9 right on it's . My least favorite would have to be either MM8 or MM4....If I can get past MM8's ear grating techno bubble gum ambient score, Mega Man's awful annoying high pitched voice, those unfitting and 'dark' animated cutscnes and the constant 'power shot' Mega Man yells out during gameplay, than MM8 is definitly a fun experience.

Yet I found MM4 to be bland overall, it had it's decent share of moments, but the entire thing felt tired, with it's unimpressive score, most of the level design were pretty ho-hum and it was just dissapointing after experiencing MM3.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

117. Posted:

@WaveBoy: I'm not good at picking favorites, so I'm not really sure which is my favorite. I like them all, and saying that MM2 is my favorite would be too simple since it's everyones favorite. Anything negative I have to say about any of the games would be nitpicking on my part because I don't really hate anything about them other than small details. 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 are probably all the ones I like the best, but I suppose I should narrow it down a bit. Remember that I think they're all good, so this list is just of the ones I like the best (and it may not be entirely accurate, but It's basically correct):

Top 5
1: Mega Man 4
2: Mega Man 2
3: Mega Man 7
4: Mega Man 8
5: Mega Man 6

In reality, I like them all enough to not pick any favorites because it's difficult. They're all good games. Maybe I should just say that they're all my favorites. :D My lists would be totally different if I was picking out favs according to music or weapons. As for my least favorite? In terms of weapons and music: Mega Man 5. Yes I do love it for the gameplay and just being a Mega Man game, but the weapons and music are not that good compared to other titles in the series. If I had to pick a least favorite based on the game itself, it would be either MM1 or MM5. Again, I like them all, so saying that one is my least favorite isn't actually saying as much as it should.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

118. Posted:

Wow no mention of MM3 at all in that post MegaStoneSmash91. So is that one not as much liked as the other ones? If I had a list of which one I liked the best overall it would probably look something this.

Megaman 3
Megaman 2
Megaman 4
Megaman 6
Megaman
Megaman 7
Megaman 5
Megaman 8

I know its kinda cliche making MM3 my number one but I just cant help enjoy the music and level designs the most out of the other Megaman games. In truth I am like MegaStoneSmash and it is hard for me to choose. Even though I have MM9 and 10 downloaded on my Wii I just havent got to them yet so I cant add them on the list yet.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

119. Posted:

I'll just put this here.

I look forward to one of Megaman's incarnations in this game too!

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

120. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Or you can just skip the cutscene altogether by using the C-stick! THis is one of the better things about the AC, and it goes for the other games, too. You can use the C-stick to cycle through Rush Forms, and even the Balloon and Wire Adapters in MM4.

I've been skipping the cut scene by pressing the fire button, but it's still annoying because the cut scene has to reach a certain point before you can skip it, so it still breaks the flow of the action. I didn't know you could cycle through items with the C-Stick, and I may start doing that, but using the C-Stick to select items instead of pausing is going to be tough to remember to do. I'm used to pausing to switch items, and never bothered to unlearn that for 7, 8 or 10.

Oh well.

As of right now...

2 > 9 > 4 > 7 > 10 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 8 > 6