General Discussion Forum

Topic: Zelda General Discussion

Showing 121 to 140 of 171

AuthorMessage

Gregor

121. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

So what did you name Blossom's son? I named him Jon.

Lol youre so lazy. Aren't there enough Johns?

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

122. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Named him Yoshi. I really wanted to think of something funny but somehow ended up with my old time favorite character's name instead.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

123. Posted:

Fusion14 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

There are too many Jons, yes, but no, there are not nearly enough Johns.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

124. Posted:

Fusion14 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

There aren't enough people named Jonathan Jafari, i'll tell you that much.

So anyway, who else is playing Ages/Seasons for the very first time? I just finished the second dungeon.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

125. Posted:

Link's Awakening turns 20 years old today!

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

126. Posted:

A good starter game would be Link to the Past for the classic games while Ocarina of Time is a great 3D Zelda game to start off with. Both games are great.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

127. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

A good starter game would be Link to the Past for the classic games while Ocarina of Time is a great 3D Zelda game to start off with. Both games are great.

Any 90's Zelda game aside from CDi is a good solid first impression.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

128. Posted:

As of this very moment, thanks to 3DSVC, I now own 13 of the 16 main Zelda games. The only games I don't own are the Four Swords Trilogy, Four Swords GBA (I do own the DSi anniversary edition though), Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap.

AuthorMessage

Fikachu

129. Posted:

My brother has beaten Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

AuthorMessage

Hamzilla22

130. Posted:

Hey guys i recently saw a video on youtube about Zelda and thought it was funny.

Edited on by Hamzilla22

Hamzilla22

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

131. Posted:

Untitled

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

132. Posted:

Untitled

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

133. Posted:

Alright, I need some opinions here. I recently beat Oracle of Seasons, the last Zelda game I had never beaten! Now I am reading Hyrule Historia (I had been putting it off to avoid spoilers) and when I am done, I am going to start my lifelong mission of 100%ing every Zelda game in chronological order (and by that I mean that it will probably take me my whole life, not that it has been my mission for my whole life). Looking through Historia, though, and seeing all the Wind Waker things that influenced people and other design decisions in Skyward Sword, I noticed that I remember practically nothing about Wind Waker. Nothing was familiar to me. So I'm wondering, should I put off my mission, concentrate on Xenoblade (which I'm currently playing) for the next couple months, play Wind Waker HD when it comes out on Normal, and then start my mission and play Wind Waker on Hero Mode when I get to it? Or should I just go ahead and start my mission now, knowing it will be a very, very, very long time before I ever get to Wind Waker HD (since it's one of the last games in the timeline)?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

134. Posted:

the real timeline Untitled

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

iKhan

135. Posted:

Resurrecting this ancient thread.

What's your favorite/least favorite Zelda?

For me:
Favorite: Twilight Princess
Least: Link's Awakening

Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia, Okami, Deadly Creatures

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

136. Posted:

I'm currently working my way through Skyward Sword and haven't played Twilight Princess yet, so this may change after that.

Favorite: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. This game took everything that was great about the original and cranked it up to 11. The best part is, it still holds up - I went back and played the game again a few months ago, and it was fantastic. I was particularly blown away by the graphics - they were fantastic back during the SNES era, and they're still beautiful today. To me, how well it holds up is what gives it the edge over Ocarina of Time (which is a very, very close second.).

Least: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. While I don't mind side-scrolling per se, in a Legend of Zelda title it just didn't do it for me. The difficulty curve looked like a sine wave. Too many of the annoying variety of RPG elements. Link's Awakening was a close runner up.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Bayonetta

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

137. Posted:

Favorite: status quo between twilight princess and link's awakening
Least: oracle of ages

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Dezzy

138. Posted:

Favourite: Ocarina of Time 3D
A game that completely revolutionised nearly everything about gaming in 1998. Hyrule was the closest thing to a 3D open-world that existed back then. The sheer amount of gameplay ideas that were pioneered by this game was remarkable (child/adult link, day and night, Z-targeting, automatic jump, learning/playing music, horse riding, fishing etc etc). The balance between story and gameplay was perfect, something that nearly every other Zelda game (except Windwaker) has struggled with.) and the pacing was top-notch.
To top it all off, this is perhaps the best remake I've ever played. They adjusted just enough to make it play a bit better and make it easier on the eyes without it feeling like a different game.

Least Favourite: Spirit Tracks
It felt completely uninspired and just stunk of "we need another Zelda game, quick!". Gameplay-wise it did almost nothing new after Phantom Hourglass (the only thing I liked was the whip). The world felt incredibly generic and completely fragmented for a Zelda world. The train got boring after about an hour and the flute mechanic didn't work properly, even on a brand new 3DS. One of the music sections at the end of a temple took me 30 minutes to succeed at.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

139. Posted:

Favourite: Skyward Sword.
The most refined. The best combat system in any game I've ever played. Flying felt fantastic. It has the best boss fights in any Zelda game. All items genuinely get used throughout the entire game. It's charming. It's dense. Link is more agile than ever before! It's not super difficult, but at least it's not the pushover that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were. I just wish there was a little bit more to do in the sky!

Least favourite: Phantom Hourglass.
Apart from introducing very little new (touch controls are okay), the Temple of the Ocean King is probably the worst thing in any Zelda.

I haven't played the Oracles or Majora's Mask yet. Hoping for a 3DS remake on the latter.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

140. Posted:

Favourite - Wind Waker
It dared to be different. I loved the gameplay. I loved the sailing. I thought it was a nice looking game and the original version still holds up today. I liked that Link's original intentions were to save his sister and how it snowballs into a grand adventure as well.

Least Favourite - Twilight Princess
It was fan service, in my opinion. And it was boring. I still don't care about those stupid kids!

Gamecubed

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0041-9765 | Nintendo Network ID: McFailing