Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,659

Happy_Mask

Who can blame you? Termina is a beautiful place, filled with sunshine and rainbows and zombies and racism and a really whiny scarecrow who's hobbies include attempting to cause the apocalypse.
FUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

k8sMum

i doubt it will really matter, but i am taking a break. i don't know for how long: days, weeks, whatever.

i don't feel like i fit the new attitude that is becoming more and more prevalent here at NL. i love this site, but it's just not as nice as it used to be. intolerance for views different than the majority are not welcome and are greeted with open derision and contempt.

i will read now and again because i value the opinions of the reviews etc, but will do my best to refrain from posting. the last couple of months of the year are very difficult for me due to personal reasons and i fear i will just add to the flames rather than know when to pull back.

best to all.

edit: changed my mind (female trait, eh? lol). please delete my account. i am outta here.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Auracle

I don't think people were being intolerant of your view (except maybe a view noobs), they just didn't get where you were coming from. I hope you don't really leave for good. That would be a shame.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

CanisWolfred

k8sMum wrote:

i don't feel like i fit the new attitude that is becoming more and more prevalent here at NL. i love this site, but it's just not as nice as it used to be. intolerance for views different than the majority are not welcome and are greeted with open derision and contempt.

Good luck finding a place that's not like that on the internet. You'll need it. Lots of it.

Really, I left once before for that same reason. I came back because I found that the issues I found here were miniscule compared to other places. But if you find such a place, be sure to let us know, k?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

See you k8sMum. While I'm nowhere near the point of leaving, I can see where you're coming from.

Like WhiteKnight said in his leaving comment, I think it has to do with the departure of James as editor. Ever since he left, there seems to be more articles than ever that stoke the fanboy flames of traditional portables vs smartphones (such as shots at Mega Man Xover on almost any article Capcom related), which bring out the louder fanboys.

BTW, I'm not saying MMXover is a good game, but I don't see the point in bringing it up in non-Mega Man articles.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LzWinky

Jon_Talbain wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

Good luck finding a place that's not like that on the internet. You'll need it. Lots of it.

Really, I left once before for that same reason. I came back because I found that the issues I found here were miniscule compared to other places. But if you find such a place, be sure to let us know, k?

It's so true

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Radixxs

Speaking of jnewts, anyone know why he stopped using his Twitter suddenly a month ago? I don't have a Twitter, but would occasionally stop by to see what he was up to. Not to go off topic, but idk where else to ask. I'm assuming he got too busy or NOE wanted him to stop using it or something.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Lunapplebloom

@RR529 I miss James. And your right about a slight attitude change occurring since he left as editor, but it hasn't gone to far for me quit yet.

@k8sMum Goodbye if you do decide to go for good, but I hope not.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Odnetnin

Radixxs wrote:

Speaking of jnewts, anyone know why he stopped using his Twitter suddenly a month ago? I don't have a Twitter, but would occasionally stop by to see what he was up to. Not to go off topic, but idk where else to ask. I'm assuming he got too busy or NOE wanted him to stop using it or something.

I'd assume the former as well. But yeah, hope he tweets again soon.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

OptometristLime

WhiteKnight, take care mate!

The lights on my Wii will shine at half glimmer, just this once. :<

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

TheDreamingHawk

Jon_Talbain wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

There is a thing such as Moderators, you know

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

theblackdragon

@k8sMum: It's a shame to see you go; i enjoyed having someone around who felt the same way I do about certain things. Please do let us know if you'd like to return

@Radixxs, Oddy: so far as I know, he stopped using his Twitter account because he was afraid he'd slip and say something he shouldn't on accident; i believe he's also toned back his use of other social media sites as well for that very reason. He doesn't want to accidentally compromise his job, and I can't blame him, even though I wish it were otherwise.

@TheDreamingHawk: iirc, 'moderators' were what set him off the last time he took a break from NL. Please don't poke him about it.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Well, I just say that moderators on other sites can be incredibly lenient, sometimes to the point of near-nonexistance. I won't say more, since I don't think I could without ranting.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Odnetnin

theblackdragon wrote:

@Radixxs, Oddy: so far as I know, he stopped using his Twitter account because he was afraid he'd slip and say something he shouldn't on accident; i believe he's also toned back his use of other social media sites as well for that very reason. He doesn't want to accidentally compromise his job, and I can't blame him, even though I wish it were otherwise.

Thanks for the update. It's ok, though: James still tweets in my heart.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Everyone still misses James. But you can always stare at his website in vain, hoping there is something.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

BadKitty

I am sorry to say, but my time here on NL is up, you're Kitten Emmy has to go and its out of my control.
So this is my end, for I have not died for I am already dead, my angelic presence has graced your souls long enough, you're Emmy will be in Kitten heaven from once I came.

bye bye, from AngelPrincessGoddessLJM's*ssKickerKittenEmmy~
Untitled

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! EMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Geonjaha

Really hard to take anyone leaving seriously since everyone just comes back within the next week. >.>
Apparently some just want to see how much they'd be missed.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic