General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Showing 721 to 740 of 2,610

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

721. Posted:

July 12th. Mark that day down on your calendars. Try not to miss me too hard. I wont be gone too long...

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CommanderAudio

722. Posted:

@FonisofCruxis You're stating the obvious. Youtube has, by far the worst community in the world, judging from its comments. Thier killing off the site for newcomers. Unless, by newcomers, you mean FPS kids :P
@SMEXIZELDAMAN You mean we might be seeing that seizure-triggering Tingle for thelast time? Goodbye! We'll miss you!

Until you come back. Which by then there'll be no need to be missing you . Because you'll be back.

Edited on by CommanderAudio

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

723. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I agree, 2010 was thee' best NL has ever been, basically around the time when it transformed from VC - Reviews to NL. And even before that? Same deal! Basically a wonderful Nintendo based site to go to. Seemed much more positive, had far less topic derailing(Getting all 'businessy' seems to be the norm now. sigh*), had more old school gamers(A lot of them just post on the articles now) and everyone just seemed to get along and there weren't any trolls/jerks to speak of really.

Nope. Even back in the VC-forum days, things were pretty much the same, at least on the news sections. Maybe even worse, since there was much less order back then. And the time during the change to NL (well, more like NL absorbed the other two sites) was just G-d awful. I actually left for a full year because it was simply pure chaos, and tons of good members also left because they couldn't take it. That was the worst time in NL's history, IMO. Nothing we've seen since has ever compared to it. (And don't forget: Alexsays was a prominent member of the comunity back in '08-'10. And he hasn't changed a bit since. Take that for what you will)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eviLaTtenDant

724. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

IGN sucks bad.

[/div]

But, but....They have Audrey. :p

[/div]

Audrey's got nothin' on Rinry.

Edited on by eviLaTtenDant

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

725. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I agree, 2010 was thee' best NL has ever been, basically around the time when it transformed from VC - Reviews to NL. And even before that? Same deal! Basically a wonderful Nintendo based site to go to. Seemed much more positive, had far less topic derailing(Getting all 'businessy' seems to be the norm now. sigh*), had more old school gamers(A lot of them just post on the articles now) and everyone just seemed to get along and there weren't any trolls/jerks to speak of really.

[/div]

Nope. Even back in the VC-forum days, things were pretty much the same, at least on the news sections. Maybe even worse, since there was much less order back then. And the time during the change to NL (well, more like NL absorbed the other two sites) was just G-d awful. I actually left for a full year because it was simply pure chaos, and tons of good members also left because they couldn't take it. That was the worst time in NL's history, IMO. Nothing we've seen since has ever compared to it. (And don't forget: Alexsays was a prominent member of the comunity back in '08-'10. And he hasn't changed a bit since. Take that for what you will)

Maybe we just liked it better when we joined, but I still say its worse, and I know the worst members IMO were on NL in 2010, but they weren't as bad until they realized they could say bad things about Nintendo and have the whole 3DS price drop/Nintendo is doomed thing to go by on, then they say Nintendo should sell out to this company or that company, I try to ignore it but it's hard when it's in EVERY thread

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

726. Posted:

Most of them have been doing that since '09 at least, trust me. You just didn't notice it as much. And it's not in every thread, you're just focusing on the negatives. It's just a small handful of users. Believe me, you just gotta ignore it, or maybe even accept what their saying if it's true, but then move on. If I can put up with the majority even though I disagree with them, then I doubt it will be too hard for you to ignore a small handful of people - Because I'm mad lazy, so it can't take that much effort. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

727. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Not to further derail this thread, but: am I missing something? I don't see V8's thread anywhere.

It was this thread here.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/im_leav...

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

728. Posted:

@mickymac I know there are still good ones that's why I stay, but I just wish the bad ones would stop... For a while at least, I won't say Nintendos perfect, but people make it seem like they have no money and are 16 Billion in debt, but yeh I'll try to ignore it

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

729. Posted:

I love the rose-tinted reminiscing that's going on in here, guys, but everything that's happening now has already happened before. It happened long before now, over and over, and it'll happen again, and again, and again, long after we're all gone from this forum and moved on to other forums, it'll still happen. People come and go, we pick up new opinionated users to replace the old. Trust me, it wasn't as good as you think it was back then.

You can either roll with the punches and let the worst of it go, or you can take everything ZOMGDEADSERIOUS and explode on the forums (and likely wind up banned eventually). If you need to take a break for a while, take a break — there's no shame in that at all. We'll be here when you get back, just like always, and if you instead decide to move on permanently, we wish you the best.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

730. Posted:

I love how people tell me I'm not humble, and then proceed to talk about me representing the entire temperament of a website.. lol

As far as the misconceptions in this thread go. 1. Nowhere did I say I hate anything. 2. Nowhere did I say Nintendo is dying. 3. Nowhere did I say Nintendo 'needs' to be bought out. (Apparently thinking they could benefit from another company is a bad thing? lol) 4. Nowhere did I say they have no money. 5. Nowhere did I say they are greatly in debt.

People would find me to be far less hostile if they stopped putting words in my mouth (and posts) and actually read what I had written. A lot of you would be equally irritated if people followed you around calling you a troll and misinterpreting your posts all day because you thought of a way you think Nintendo could be more successful. lol

Instead most people just answer the questions in the original topic, list the games they want or whatever, and go on contributing nothing in the way of actual discussion. Which is fine, I'm not asking for you all to be interesting. Just don't get all angry because some of us like discussion.

For future reference, quote the exact part of my post that is "hating, "trolling" etc. Talking about how I troll all day really doesn't affect me when nobody has come up with any substantial evidence. And it's not like I'm here to make everyone my BFFs, so I will not be conforming my opinion to the majority for the sake of pleasing everyone. If you're so emotionally fragile that one person on a website can turn you away from that site entirely, that's not my concern. There are plenty of people on the internet, you will be replaced.

That's all. : )

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

731. Posted:

... if we can get back to the original point of this thread, now — letting people know when we're leaving or returning to NL — that would be swell, guys. thanks in advance :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

732. Posted:

I'll be leaving shortly. I'll see you guys around, maybe. :*

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BadKitty

733. Posted:

bye piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikky, come back soon be safe hugs waiting for ya :( :* :* :*

Edited on by BadKitty

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You're probly the best person I've battled on Nlife so far u_u

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter: Emeralds110

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

734. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Not to further derail this thread, but: am I missing something? I don't see V8's thread anywhere.

[/div]

It was this thread here.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/im_leav...

Oh, don't know how I missed that, thanks.

I was going to save this announcement until later, but in order to be on-topic I have to use it now: I'm going to Canada on a mission trip from July 20th-29th. That leaves me just enough time to see The Dark Knight Rises at midnight and then leave, so don't expect to me much after Thursday.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

735. Posted:

pikmaniac wrote:

I'll be leaving shortly. I'll see you guys around, maybe. :*

pikypikypikypikypikypikypikypikypikypikypikypikypikypiky! :(
At least i know where you'll be ...
i see you outside mah window!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lunapplebloom

736. Posted:

See ya Pikmaniac, even though I never really knew you. Good luck out there.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

737. Posted:

The lack of seriousness in this thread has been alarming, and your nonchalant statement combined with your avatar left me unsure whether you were serious, but since you're awesome I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and wish you the absolute best of luck in all of your future endeavors. :)

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

738. Posted:

i'm serious — that portion of the discussion is over, and we're getting this thread back on topic now. thank you! — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JayArr

739. Posted:

I'll be returning shortly. I'll see you guys around, maybe. :*

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

740. Posted:

@JR
Peace, Broforce mang!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar