General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Showing 701 to 720 of 2,392

AuthorMessage

D33G

701. Posted:

Well, lately I havent been commenting on posts or forums, just because I dont feel like I need to comment. I only really use this website for news, and I might comment if I need to, for any reason.

So, for a lot of you, I'll be gone, but still here ;) (like any one cares, lol)

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

702. Posted:

I just read V8ninja's thread and I can see where he's coming from. Not long ago I was considering leaving due to the community not being what it used to be and was considering requesting a ban to make sure that I wouldn't be tempted to return until I felt like I would really want to stay but certain members and threads prevented me from making that decision and in case V8ninja is reading this, bye and best of luck. I also agree with LordOtakWiiU in that thread about how great the NL community was in summer 2010.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

703. Posted:

@FonstofCruxis, don't think about leaving again! :O

Yes there's a few lame-o's on this site who kinda "meh" on people's opinions...

Won't point any fingers...

But most of this community is great in my opinion. Much better than let's say IGN where its just a mass attention fest with nothing but immaturity and rudeness.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

704. Posted:

Yeah, so, I'm leaving tomorrow on vacation in [location withheld] for about a week. I dunno if there'll be interwebz, but if there is, I will gladly sacrifice my special time with my family for you guys.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

705. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I also agree with LordOtakWiiU in that thread about how great the NL community was in summer 2010.

You're kidding, right? We had more trolls, fanboys, and all around jerks then than we've had for the past two years. Trust me, things have been relatively take recently. Heck, I was planning on leaving in two days, but now I think I'll just stay since things have actually gotten better recently.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

706. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

but now I think I'll just stay since things have actually gotten better recently.

You're welcome.

And with that last spout of arrogance, I sign off. Peace!

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

707. Posted:

I have to say I do agree with V8Ninja's points. I have noticed alot more posters being rude and quite honestly just being jerks to one another but still I have to say compared to other forums the mods here do a better job of keeping things under control. Still the more popular and well known a forum site gets the more trolls and immature people you get its just the evolution of forums.

Edited on by theblackdragon

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

708. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I also agree with LordOtakWiiU in that thread about how great the NL community was in summer 2010.

[/div]

You're kidding, right? We had more trolls, fanboys, and all around jerks then than we've had for the past two years. Trust me, things have been relatively take recently. Heck, I was planning on leaving in two days, but now I think I'll just stay since things have actually gotten better recently.

Really? I don't remember it being as bad as it has been recently back then. Maybe I just don't remember it that well. I do remember some trolls back then but instead of being annoying jerks, they were easy to handle and I remember one troll in a thread called 'What characters do you want in Mario kart 3D?' and lots of users ganged up on this one troll (including me) and we got the better of him, it was quite fun.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Aviator

709. Posted:

I can't help but shake this feeling that I may be one of the lame-o's (I know some think that.)

Meh.

I ain't gonna go anywhere, and I'm pretty sure the others aren't either. Simply ignore them, and continue on with whatever you're doing.

Edited on by Aviator

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

710. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Really? I don't remember it being as bad as it has been recently back then. Maybe I just don't remember it that well. I do remember some trolls back then but instead of being annoying jerks, they were easy to handle and I remember one troll in a thread called 'What characters do you want in Mario kart 3D?' and lots of users ganged up on this one troll (including me) and we got the better of him, it was quite fun.

I agree, 2010 was thee' best NL has ever been, basically around the time when it transformed from VC - Reviews to NL. And even before that? Same deal! Basically a wonderful Nintendo based site to go to. Seemed much more positive, had far less topic derailing(Getting all 'businessy' seems to be the norm now. sigh*), had more old school gamers(A lot of them just post on the articles now) and everyone just seemed to get along and there weren't any trolls/jerks to speak of really. There are a few users on this site that I'll admit turn me off from even coming here, but what basically sucks me back in are the Retro and VC forums where these users don't seem to exist. :p Entering the Wii U forum on the other hand? Mortal Kombaaatttt!!!!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

711. Posted:

Well, IGN is one of the most popular sites in the world, look at its community. We're one of the most popular Nintendo-centered websites in the world. The more popular a website is, the more popularity it gains. The more popularity it gains, the more people get intersted. The more people get interested, the more people join. The more people join, the higher the chance of trolls, fanboys, and all around jerks popping up. Thats how it works.

So, if you put that into perspective, what do we do?

Edited on by CommanderAudio

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Reala

712. Posted:

Untitled

but seriously I don't notice the site being significantly worse now than 2 years ago as far as I can tell.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

713. Posted:

Aaaah, those good ole glory days...

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

714. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

Well, IGN is one of the most popular sites in the world, look at its community. We're one of the most popular Nintendo-centered websites in the world. The more popular a website is, the more popularity it gains. The more popularity it gains, the more people get intersted. The more people get interested, the more people join. The more people join, the higher the chance of trolls, fanboys, and all around jerks popping up. Thats how it works.

Yeah, but ......................................................IGN sucks bad.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

715. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

PikminMonster wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

But, but....They have Audrey. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

716. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

PikminMonster wrote:

At least they're not as bad as youtube commenters. I once made the mistake of saying that they're worse and I was definitely wrong. I remember watching the Pandora's tower launch trailer on youtube and the comments were so stupid. One of the top comments was (something I'm not going to repeat here at Nintendo Life) despite the fact that you play as a guy trying to save his cursed girlfriend. At least the other top comment was from someone defending the game from an idiot calling it (something else I'm not going to repeat here at Nintendo Life).

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

717. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

"bezerker99" wrote:

"PikminMonster" wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

At least they're not as bad as youtube commenters. I once made the mistake of saying that they're worse and I was definitely wrong. I remember watching the Pandora's tower launch trailer on youtube and the comments were so stupid. One of the top comments was "this is so gay, i love it" despite the fact that you play as a guy trying to save his cursed girlfriend. At least the other top comment was from someone defending the game from an idiot calling it "anime fetish crap".

OMG, YES!!! YouTube comments are dreadful. They make my hair hurt. :(

AuthorMessage

Hokori

718. Posted:

I don't have a YouTube account but I kind want one so I can comment on the trolls talking bad about Mario and saying a mans game is COD and all that stuff.
I also hate when people call us fans of anime weeboos, I'd say a weeboo takes it too far in the since EVERYTHING is inferior to anime and video games, that's why my names Otaku, because Otakus enjoy fun anime style things, but it's not the only thing we enjoy.

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

719. Posted:

Not to further derail this thread, but: am I missing something? I don't see V8's thread anywhere.

Also Tyson wins the best "I'm going on vacation" announcement ever award.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Hokori

720. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Not to further derail this thread, but: am I missing something? I don't see V8's thread anywhere.

Also Tyson wins the best "I'm going on vacation" announcement ever award.

I think TBD took it down

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }