General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Showing 61 to 80 of 2,616

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

61. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

What's with everyone leaving all of a sudden? Or is it always like this but it's just more openly stated now thanks to this thread?

I think the reason the Power Range Nintendo force is leaving is due over to this thread: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/power_r...

Truthfully I hate to see you all go over something so stupid but if you feel like you have to go, take care guys and hopefully we will see you later when everyone has cooled down a bit.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

62. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

What's with everyone leaving all of a sudden? Or is it always like this but it's just more openly stated now thanks to this thread?

I think the reason the Power Range Nintendo force is leaving is due over to this thread: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/power_r...

Truthfully I hate to see you all go over something so stupid but if you feel like you have to go, take care guys and hopefully we will see you later when everyone has cooled down a bit.

So wait, the little ones aren't coming to school 'cuz they had a fight? That's too bad. At least it means they'll be coming back. Sort of. Kind of. Maybe.

...I'll just go get some starbits and forget about it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerZack87

63. Posted:

Go ahead, Robo-goose. I don't mind at all :)

As for my reason for leaving NLife...it's only temporary. And as I said, I'll drop in every now and then.

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WanderFan91

64. Posted:

I won't be leaving the site any time soon.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

65. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

I won't be going leaving the site any time soon.

Okay.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

YoshiSage

66. Posted:

I've no reason to stick around anymore.

NintendoLife has been eating up my spare time considerably, and I've been contemplating taking my leave for a month now since school is just getting more time-consuming. And yet I've remained with the site.

But I have absolutely nothing to gain by staying. Especially not if a freaking moderator is allowed to abuse his or her powers like it was done in the PRNF thread. If mods are allowed to bully other members (Seriously, what did I do to you?) for unknown reasons... then I'm gone. Bye now.

I might return sometime, but don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

67. Posted:

YoshiSage wrote:

I've no reason to stick around anymore.

NintendoLife has been eating up my spare time considerably, and I've been contemplating taking my leave for a month now since school is just getting more time-consuming. And yet I've remained with the site.

But I have absolutely nothing to gain by staying. Especially not if a freaking moderator is allowed to abuse his or her powers like it was done in the PRNF thread. If mods are allowed to bully other members (Seriously, what did I do to you?) for unknown reasons... then I'm gone. Bye now.

I might return sometime, but don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

1) You're overreacting
2) The mods have been abusing their powers for a while now. I'm surprised you just noticed.
3) So long, and farewell. I'd say we'd miss you, but it's kinda hard knowing that you're leaving because we're no longer of use to you. Good day, and may your search for more useful friends be fruitful.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

68. Posted:

Attempting to participate in a thread is not an abuse of powers. Everyone is allowed to have a fair crack at threads here, up to and including staff members -- why should me having a shield suddenly stop me from wanting to have fun too? Forgive me, but all I'm seeing is a group of people crying that they were forced to play with others in what is rightfully a public area, calling us all names and just being horrible in general, and I am not sympathetic to the situation at all. Goodbye, YoshiSage.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

69. Posted:

@YoshiSage: Good f***ing bye to you as well :)

y2josh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Axoloth

70. Posted:

Good bye, YoshiSage. :* :* :* :* :*

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

71. Posted:

Untitled

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

72. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Attempting to participate in a thread is not an abuse of powers. Everyone is allowed to have a fair crack at threads here, up to and including staff members -- why should me having a shield suddenly stop me from wanting to have fun too? Forgive me, but all I'm seeing is a group of people crying that they were forced to play with others in what is rightfully a public area, calling us all names and just being horrible in general, and I am not sympathetic to the situation at all. Goodbye, YoshiSage.

Well said TBD.

In truth I dont want to get in the middle of all this drama but honestly I didnt see any proof of abusive power at all. The moderators are here to make sure everything runs smoothly and to make sure everyone has a good time here. I am sorry that you feel the way you do but in all honestly I have to agree that if you are going to post in a public forum than you have to allow everyone to join in on the thread. If you want to Role play something than either do it through emails or join a social site like Myspace or Facebook but dont do it in a public forum if you just want to keep it to yourself.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

73. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

@YoshiSage: Good f***ing bye to you as well :)

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

74. Posted:

okay, guys, come on, no more with the smart replies. just let 'im go, plz.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerZack87

75. Posted:

We didn't want to keep the thread to ourselves...we just would've appreciated it if everybody else had asked to have their own part instead of crashing the thread! Imagine a TV show in which random people from the street suddenly enter the studio and act outside the script during filming. This is what I had envisioned - a TV show, with actors playing parts. I had the story all worked out, and I posted numerous times that I'd prefer people ask if they can have parts and participate...I even asked a number of people if they'd like to have parts of their own, including Vaynard/sody!

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

76. Posted:

I'm tepted to leave as well. I've long since joined a good anime forum, and two RPG forums, all of which interest me far more than anything Nintendo-related. But everytime I come here, I keep finding more and more reasons to stay.:P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

77. Posted:

NintendoPurist wrote:

We didn't want to keep the thread to ourselves...we just would've appreciated it if everybody else had asked to have their own part instead of crashing the thread! Imagine a TV show in which random people from the street suddenly enter the studio and act outside the script during filming. This is what I had envisioned - a TV show, with actors playing parts. I had the story all worked out, and I posted numerous times that I'd prefer people ask if they can have parts and participate...I even asked a number of people if they'd like to have parts of their own, including Vaynard/sody!

They did have their own parts, though. They just chose the parts themselves.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

78. Posted:

@NintendoPurist: what you envisioned? again, it was an open thread in a public area, and forcing people to ask your permission to participate is bogus. like i said when i locked the thread in question, if you want a private thread where you can control every last thing that goes on, do it elsewhere; it's not fair for you all to clique up and treat the rest of us like crap when we try to jump in and participate in good faith.

@Mickeymac: that's great to hear that your search has paid off for you. if you do decide to spend more time there, we'll be here whenever you check in here :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

79. Posted:

@tbd-even if the good faith was as ridiculous as it wound up being. lol, (i.e Freddy Krueger cutting up Aerith's dead body.) lol.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

80. Posted:

NintendoPurist wrote:

We didn't want to keep the thread to ourselves...we just would've appreciated it if everybody else had asked to have their own part instead of crashing the thread! Imagine a TV show in which random people from the street suddenly enter the studio and act outside the script during filming. This is what I had envisioned - a TV show, with actors playing parts. I had the story all worked out, and I posted numerous times that I'd prefer people ask if they can have parts and participate...I even asked a number of people if they'd like to have parts of their own, including Vaynard/sody!

If you wanted something like this you should have done it through emails or join a social network site like Myspace and to it through messages. Thats what several of my friends do with stories like yours. You cant come to a public forum and say only certain people can reply a certain way. Its like you going into a McDonalds and then manager saying sorry you cant order a Big mac you have to have a Quarter pounder with cheese because it goes along with everything else.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311