Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 3,051

BlueOcean

ReaderRagfish wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

I was more interested in the main site years ago and since I joined I spend more time on the forums

Same here. This has been my main Nintendo news site since 2010, but since joining the forums back in May, I've become far more interested in the community than the news.

Yeah! I think I started reading Nintendo Life around the same time and I joined the forums last year. You inspired me to finally write something on my profile.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Cobalt

@BlueOcean

I just discovered this thread... Woww, I don't deserve all these compliments... o_O
But thank you for your kindness AND for having understood my point of view so well.

Come hug Banj'bru' !

Cobalt

1UP_MARIO

And his a great musician

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ReaderRagfish

@BlueOcean What a coincidence, I was actually playing Banjo Kazooie last night. I've oddly never beaten it despite 100% completing Mario 64, DK64, and Banjo Tooie.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish If you completed Donkey Kong 64 100% you can do anything in this life, believe me. Are you playing the Xbox version of Banjo-Kazooie?

@1UP_MARIO Indeed. Kazooie just plays the kazoo but she is so cheeky and funny.

BlueOcean

ReaderRagfish

@BlueOcean I actually had an easier time 100% completing DK64 than Banjo Tooie. In DK64, there's a lot of stuff but most of it is pretty easy to find just by wandering around. In Banjo Tooie, there's not a lot to find, but you really have to work for each Jiggy. Grunty Industries in particular really stands out, that was such a big and complicated level.

I'm playing it on N64, which is where I played the rest. So far I've just about finished Gobi Desert. It's fun, but I don't like how whenever you die or exit the level, most of the level resets, and I have trouble keeping track of what I have and haven't done.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean: I can't really recall why I came here to begin with....It was either related to early 3DS stuff (I didn't have one at the time but was interested in finding a way to play OoT as I had just fully realized how awesome The Legend of Zelda series really was not too long before) or because I was looking up stuff for the upcoming Skyward Sword.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

Thought I’d jump in to this and say that I appreciate y’all (even you, Cobalt 😂). You’re the reason I became and stay active in the community. Heart your faces, even when they’re salty!!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Cobalt wrote:

Untitled

Never would I thought that I would find a mental connection between Legolas and Link. XD

Anyway, I appreciate you all too. ^_^ The forums and good conversations mean a lot...and the main reason why I still bother checking here.

Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish The notes that you have collected are saved on the Xbox version which helps a lot (I have played them on N64 and Xbox). The biggest problems I had with Donkey Kong 64 were the Diddy Kong airborne races, some mini-games and the camera.

@Tyranexx I remember that we have talked about the 3DS version of the N64 Zelda games which I think are great. My favourite Zelda games are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. The Twilight Princess HD version looks great not just because of the resolution boost but the updated textures. Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are my least favourite 3D Zelda games.

EDIT:

HobbitGamer wrote:

Thought I’d jump in to this and say that I appreciate y’all (even you, Cobalt 😂). You’re the reason I became and stay active in the community. Heart your faces, even when they’re salty!!

If you are not on my ignored list(I hope that I am not on yours) is because I appreciate you!

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Tyranexx

@Cobalt: I'm currently reading through the LotR trilogy (currently on The Two Towers), so it was an easy connection to make. XD

@BlueOcean: I've pretty much enjoyed every Zelda game that I've played barring certain aspects of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and Tri Force Heroes (which I'm considering selling). The only main series Zelda games that I haven't played at this point are Majora's Mask (Soon hopefully), BotW (When I get a Switch, I promise!), and Four Swords Adventures (Not really happening unless it gets ported...). It's very difficult for me to list my top LoZ games as nearly all of them are stellar in one way or another. Tentatively....I'd say Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker are my favorites.

As for Skyward Sword....It's probably my least favorite in terms of the 3D full-scale console games, but I still quite enjoy it and would rank it above some other entries in the series.

Cobalt

@Tyranexx said : " I'm currently READING through the LotR trilogy"

You don't know how happy I am when I read something like that !
You're reading !
I think the reading of all good books is like a conversation with the most honest people of past ages.

Cobalt

Tyranexx

@Cobalt: Thanks! But I will admit that I've done things a little out of order this time around. I prefer to read books before watching the movies based off of them, but TBH I've actually seen the LotR movies first. At least I can say that I've read The Hobbit before seeing the trilogy of movies from that book alone. In fact, I STILL haven't watched them....

Octane

@Tyranexx The LOTR film adaptations are one of the best film adaptations of books IMO, so you're forgiven!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic