Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,951 to 2,970 of 3,668

Cobalt

@Tyranexx said : " I'm currently READING through the LotR trilogy"

You don't know how happy I am when I read something like that !
You're reading !
I think the reading of all good books is like a conversation with the most honest people of past ages.

Cobalt

Tyranexx

@Cobalt: Thanks! But I will admit that I've done things a little out of order this time around. I prefer to read books before watching the movies based off of them, but TBH I've actually seen the LotR movies first. At least I can say that I've read The Hobbit before seeing the trilogy of movies from that book alone. In fact, I STILL haven't watched them....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

@Tyranexx The LOTR film adaptations are one of the best film adaptations of books IMO, so you're forgiven!

Octane

Cobalt

@Octane

Agree but the books of Tolkien are muchhhhh moreeee detailed than the movies.
Untitled

Cobalt

Banjo-

@Tyranexx You have good taste.

About books, I haven't read those yet, I should because I'd like them, but I have to recommend Jurassic Park and The Lost World books, I loved them.

Banjo-

ogo79

im never ever leaving here.
you all can consider this an eternal christmas present.
it just keeps giving

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LzWinky

ogo79 wrote:

it just keeps giving

Still running the N-life retirement center!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

Saw @TheLZdragon post in here for a second I thought he was leaving.....

Ruined my day when I just saw that he was replying to someone else. 😘

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

TheLZdragon wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

it just keeps giving

Still running the N-life retirement center!

well well well look what the wind blew in...we have a webcam chat due soon...be there or be square. unless being square is by default...

Tasuki wrote:

Saw @TheLZdragon post in here for a second I thought he was leaving.....

Ruined my day when I just saw that he was replying to someone else. 😘

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

I’ll probably be off the site more today and tomorrow I’ve got tons of truck, house, and work things to take care of as I prepare for Smash gluttony and my days off.
If you @ me, I’ll reply. I just won’t catch up on reading stuff as much.
Happy gaming, everyone. Five more bedtimes.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish I’m the event of a true emergency, please contact your NL forums

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer: I would think that the bedtimes would get harder to fall asleep for as you get closer to the release date....Unless you're like me and tire yourself out to the point where you pass out in bed almost immediately.

Enjoy your adulting! The payoff will be sweet when you get to your Smashpalooza in about a week.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx @ReaderRagfish Well, I’m mostly done now!! The part for my truck hasn’t come in yet, but it’s not a critical item. Replacing a bathroom faucet was a breeze, and I’m doing groceries in the morning. For work, the state vendor screwing up continually has allowed me some breathing room before I have to give an executive briefing (now Thursday instead of Monday).

To top it off, I fixed up a neighbor’s tractor for $50 and grabbed ARK.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer: Takin care of business!

GeoChrome

I’m going to be at camp from December 26-31. Anyone can still @ me, just don’t expect a reply or other posts from me until the 31st. I will try to keep posting, but my scoutmasters don’t like people using phones at camp outside of tents.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

I’ll definitely have fun there, got merit badge classes most of the day and will be with my friends the rest of the time. I am also part of the temporary leadership for the camp, so can’t really use my phone during the day even if I wanted to.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Tyranexx

@PolarExperience: Have fun! I kind of hope for your sake that it's either somewhere warm or indoors. Unless you're one of those warm-bloods who like freezing weather.

GeoChrome

@Blitzenexx It’s all outdoors, the closest thing to an indoors area is the barn . I am warm-blooded, but it gets pretty cold when you are outside for days in temperatures under 65 degrees. Just hoping it’s warmer than last winter, that was the first time I saw Houston caked in snow.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic