Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 3,668

Klimbatize

LOL @ everyone ignoring Morph.

But since the other old guys are here, I'll join in. I, too, had been avoiding the Wii U. Until a Black Friday deal. Won't open it until Christmas though as it's officially for the kids. Super Mario Maker was the game that finally drew my interest. So I have that, and Splatoon and Smash were bundled with the Wii U.

@the_shpydar: My exact sentiments about current gen consoles. Not interested in any games on those systems at all /except/ for Battlefront, as the first two on my PS2 got a lot of play from me. Never owned an XBOX, and I stopped at PS2.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

RR529

When it comes to the current gen consoles, I don't have the money for any of them, I do think PS4 has overtaken the Wii U as the console I'd be most likely to get if I had the cash.

With Samurai Warriors 4, Dragon Quest Heroes, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, InFamous: Second Son, MGSV, and the PS2 classics, there's no way I'd run out of stuff to play (especially with it's upcoming lineup as well).

Wii U is still a stiff contender for me, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

@Klimbatize: oldies are stubborn like that.

Though seriously guys, this thread is not for this, you can make one to continue the discussion.

You can call it... The Senior Gamer Club.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@Klimbatize: If you are counting on Battlefront to give you that warm fuzzy feeling that Battlefront 1 and 2 gave you, are going to be disappointed big time I know I was and I loved the original Battlefront games. This new one is more like a Battlefield game with a Star Wars coat of paint, of course if you like those games then you might enjoy Battlefront.

On the Wii U side of things check out Bayonetta 2 that game alone is worth the Wii U. If you can and haven't experienced the first Bayonetta I highly suggest getting a physical copy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

@WaveBoy Oh I'm still here, though pretty seldom. Like @Tasuki sorta mentioned everything in my life is certainly busier now expeically with 2 little Ryno's and most of my posting is in "Other Gaming." I do most of my gaming on XB1, since its just easier to get into right now with an hour here and there.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

@bezerker99: I have a Wii U just sadly only a few games appeal to me. Mainly MK8, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta, and New Super Mario Bros U. Everything else is just meh to me.

My Backlog

LzWinky

throws Splatoon at Tasuki

You missed one >:[

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

@TingLz: Real gamers play CoD In all honesty I tried Splatoon the thing that killed it for was no local multiplayer.

My Backlog

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

@TingLz: Real gamers play CoD In all honesty I tried Splatoon the thing that killed it for was no local multiplayer.

You forget. Splatoon is a better shooter AND multiplayer game

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Tasuki: Also real gamers are eagerly anticipating the release of Mad Men Football... Why! why won't they give us MMF

Only if they call it Mad Men Football Forever

Klimbatize

Tasuki wrote:

There is local multiplayer, but it is a bare bones presentation.

Splatoon is overrated in my opinion. It's fine, but not even close to what I expected based on everyone freaking out about it.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

Klimbatize

Two people can play against each other at the same time. One uses the pad, the other uses the big screen. It's a battle for points, popping balloons and hitting your opponent to earn the points.

whodatninja

Klimbatize wrote:

Two people can play against each other at the same time. One uses the pad, the other uses the big screen. It's a battle for points, popping balloons and hitting your opponent to earn the points.

It's embarrising. That's the best they could come up with? Feels rushed and tacked on.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Klimbatize

Yeah, I wish it was more in-depth local multiplayer (something Nintendo typically champions) because it's a game my kid actually enjoys and he always wants me to play but good lord the simplicity of it gets boring quick. Not for him, but me.

Edited on by Klimbatize

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic