Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 3,659

NintendoFan64

Morpheel wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

The game cube is 15 years old. I think it can be considered retro by now.

...Oh God...why did you say that? Now I feel old...

What about this one:

If you counted time forwards and backwards at the same using the current date as the starting point, you'd reach the year 2030 before the year 2000.

So...I'm younger than the Cube? ...Works for me! God, it's good to be young!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

Uh no, according to your profile you're three years older. Anyway... I think we should continue this in the chit chat thread instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: I know what you mean dude I feel the same way. The last few months I just don't feel like I click hear with the coumminty here at Nintendolife anymore. As I said it the GOTY article I didn't buy anything for my Wii U or 3DS this year outside of a VC purchase. Honestly nothing has interested me on the Wii U or 3DS a this year. Honestly this year I bought alot of Genesis and Dreamcast games and a few SNES, but yet that's what most of this crowd around here talks about Wii U and 3DS which yeah it's expected I just wish that the site would focus on more retro stuff like it did in the past. Heck I even notice that @Corbs only posts the odd retro to review every so often not like he use to back in say 2010.

I thought of going to other places just that I can't find a retro site and if I do they mostly discuss emulators and stuff like that and honestly it's the real thing for me or nothing.

I also agree with you @Ryno but I believe he has a fairly young child so he doesn't game much. I believe if he does, it's on his Xbox One cause when I do see him post it's in the Xbox One thread.

I don't see @the_shpydar posting much now or even @ogo79. I even posted a post a few weeks ago hoping to get some advice from the retroland gang here but it still sits unanswered.

But yeah I know what you're going through. If you do find somewhere decent let me know.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: Right even if I am gone for a day or too I come around cause like you I love just talking gaming, sadly though because I am not up to date with the Wii U and 3DS I can't really communicate with this younger crowd. And as I said before, there really isn't a retro site out there unless you want to get into emulation. Sometimes it sucks getting old.

My Backlog

GamecubeMan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

The game cube is 15 years old. I think it can be considered retro by now.

...Oh God...why did you say that? Now I feel old...

Thats how the cookie crumbles gramps.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Kaze_Memaryu

Well, I guess this is the place.

So, yeah. I'm out. Rejoice, this here guy will no longer get on your nerves with his incessant nitpickery.

There's nothing left for me in gaming. I started as a Nintendo fan, and now I'm calling it quits because of Nintendo. Over the last few years, the changes Nintendo went through didn't resonate with me anymore, and other platforms only held very few games to really keep me busy. Now, I'm writting this cheesy mess as if anyone cares, while I'm realizing what happened to gaming.
I'm not part of the overall audience anymore. What excited me back then doesn't exist today. All this time, I didn't even realize that a small handful games per year had me curious or even hyped, but so many more games just ticked me off, be it through bad marketing, bad design choices, or bad developers. Only now have I realized how much I was actually complaining and/or arguing about these kinds of things instead of playing video games, and how much it affected my overall mood. And I've grown tired of that. Some would tell me not to be angry about things and ignore them, but that's not who I am - when something's wrong, I'll point it out, and angrily so. Some would tell me to grow up and stop being an elitist whiner, but those people aren't worth the snarky response. Nonetheless, I'm no longer willing to be angry about many things just to be happy about few things.

Now I've decided to conclude that: I won't stop gaming, but I will stop following. I won't buy any new console (which I had already decided some time ago), I won't buy any Nintendo games again, and I'll eventually stay behind and play the games I have. Genei Ibun Roku #FE will be my ending chapter for Nintendo. Not StarFox Zero, not The Legend of Zelda, not Pokémon Z. I'm not getting them. Nintendo lost my trust, and I'm not giving them a chance to turn me back around.
I've angered a good number of people here on NintendoLife, and I don't regret any of that. Anger sometimes leads to realization, to new thoughts. and most importantly, to a longer discussion. Doesn't work everytime, but whatever. Bite me.

Now, imagine a guy with messy long hair, a wild beard, and a worn-out coat walk into the sunset, stumble over his own feet, and quickly run off into a side alley. That's me, and now I'm gone. Sorry for not having a meaningful quote to leave you with.

Kaze Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Geonjaha

We might as well rename this thread "Golden Age Fallacies and Ranting". It's hard to take this stuff seriously when most people return in a few weeks and then write another emotional blog post about why they're leaving the site (for realsies this time!).

On another note, I'm leaving this site until tomorrow. Goodbye to all the faces that I somewhat recognize from seeing their avatars in more than one thread, you were always the thing that kept me around. I'm leaving because gaming has become terrible, and I'm recognizing fewer avatars next to the posts I read. This upsets me greatly, so I'm quitting the internet.

If you still need me you can find me on Twitter, Backloggery, Reddit, Tumblr and 4chan.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

GamecubeMan

@Geonjaha: I literally agree with you with every cell of my body (despite being guilty of that "golden age" crap on several occasions) >_>

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: Honestly I haven't been much in gaming since the GC era. Yeah there were some good games on the GC and Wii and Wii U, but nothing that grabbed my attention like games on the NES and SNES. Sad thing is most games Gamecube and after I can only play once and that's enough for me. Heck I still find myself replaying Mega Man 2, Contra and SMB3 to this day even though I beat them everytime. Not sure why that is but maybe that's just me.

My Backlog

Eel

Maybe you could start a thread for this.

People may see it and join you. Here it's a bit hidden.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

The Golden Age didn't have Splatoon, so it must have been awful

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Cheetos? Plz old man. Doritos are the rage now in Squidland

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

the_shpydar

WaveGhoul wrote:

@Tasuki:
I'm probably even LESS up to date with the Wii U, actually I'm definitely the least update with the Wii U in this entire site, I guarantee it.

FALSE!
I still don't even have a WiiU.
I WIN!
(wanders off to play Frostbite on the 2600)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: Yeah the DS was good but I am not that much of a portable gamer to be honest. That's why I have a Super Gameboy for my SNES

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@WaveGhoul:
Nope, no PS4 or XBone. There's honestly nothing there that interests me (to be clear — both systems have plenty of great, amazing games .. just not for me), with the exception of Battlefront. But since i generally hate humans and online gaming in particular, there's no draw for me there. And also considering the fact that i want to smash my 360 every time i start it up because of "updating now" and the annoying-as-frack, ads-all-overtheplace home screens .. i have no desire to support such idiotic nonsense.
But i will be getting a WiiU eventually, if only b/c Bayonetta 2 (and cuz apparently the system has some games featuring some New York Italian plumber guy ...)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: I don't know Knack got a bad rap but honestly I thought it was pretty good, it didn't deserve the rap it got. That aside the PS4 is a great little system sad thing is the PS4 is the only current gen system I play anymore and most of them are titles like Strider, Rocket League, Dust stuff that feels like it should belong in the 16 bit era, if that makes sense at all.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic