Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 3,659

theblackdragon

@Neko_Rukiafan: I didn't delete your thread, it was archived with an explanation: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/fishing_resort_review#...

the bottom line is that I had to step in with another user who had also posted a full review to our forums this very morning, and it would not be fair for me to allow your thread to continue to slide under the radar with an available recent duplicate (i hadn't seen it before for whatever reason, that's why I hadn't locked/redirected it sooner). Artwark's thread had no available recent duplicate, so theirs was allowed to stay open, but yours had a duplicate available to redirect towards — one you had created, no less.

If you want proof of the reason behind reader reviews being disallowed on the forums, it is here. This rule has always been there. If you have seen it go unenforced for whatever reason, it's merely because we cannot be everywhere at once and if something doesn't get reported, we may miss it. Artwark's thread earlier had been reported and was handled, and then I found your thread while looking for something else earlier. Call it the [un]luck of the draw.

If you'd like to continue being dramatic, that's on you, but the least you could've done was just ask if you had a question regarding an act of moderation here.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

well, I was out for a few days without saying anything but I'm back, though it's that time of the year when college is starting to take my free time so I'll be here a lot less often.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

NintendoFan64

School starts tomorrow so I probably won't be able to go here until the afternoon for a while.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

OptometristLime

WildMan wrote:

Squid wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

@Squid

I might come back some day, but I just can't see it with the downward spiral this site is going down.

Just remember to go f45t. Sanic f45t, or Shadough f45t, it duznt matur, juts goh f45t.

You bet I will. I'll go f45t for you. I'll go f45st for you, me, and Maria.

I'll go f45t. I'll go f45t for all of us!!

You'll go f45t for a state park?

You know what goes on f45ts in the state park... probably not the beeeears!

Untitled

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

WiiWareWave

bezerker99 wrote:

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around much longer given TBD's tendency to delete my threads, some I understand, but others like my informal "no score given" review of Fishing Resort which wasn't even reviewed by the staff here gets deleted and I get a warning. Sorry, but this is just really upsetting and just makes me want to quit. I might return soon once I cool off, but I'm not a very happy member right now.

Gosh, it's been FOREVER since we played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!

We will hunt again once I download the game "my Wii U disc-drive is shot".

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

BearHunger

@technotaylor98 Wouldn't be the first time. In any case, goodbye (for now)!

@theblackdragon Perhaps the rule against review topics should be added to the Community Rules page? That could help keep people aware.

And maybe also a note about thread necromancy, another issue that got its own thread. I'll throw in extra bacon…

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

WiiWareWave

BearHunger wrote:

@theblackdragon Perhaps the rule against review topics should be added to the Community Rules page? That could help keep people aware.

And maybe also a note about thread necromancy, another issue that got its own thread. I'll throw in extra bacon…

Exactly! How are we supposed to know if the rule isn't listed anywhere.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Klimbatize

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

BearHunger wrote:

By having a mod very respectfully and politely informing you. That's what happened to you.

If it were a widespread issue, it likely would warrant a spot in the "official" rules, but there are also many non-written rules we abide by, and the offenders are gently reminded.

You're making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

The Site took a hit the moment Corby left(he's rarely here anymore, and posts the 'odd' review), along with James, and I actually miss 'WaltzElf's Vs the world' posts, Many of the oldschool users(WarioWoods for ex) who vanished from the forums, who are maybe only seen commenting in the main pages articles. Also, the Wii U forum is nowhere near as exciting & fun as the Wii forum was during last generation. Maybe it's because I'm just getting older, or things truly were more exciting during last generation with the Wii & DS, plus the 3DS launch mega hype train.

@Waveboy I would have loved to be here during those happening Wii days that included the excitement of the oh so fresh at the time, Virtual Console.. There wasn't all the doom & gloom threads that are just boring now and back then people talked about the games for longer than a week after they were released.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Klimbatize

It's so odd to think nostalgically of the Wii days.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Jazzer94

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

The Site took a hit the moment Corby left(he's rarely here anymore, and posts the 'odd' review), along with James, and I actually miss 'WaltzElf's Vs the world' posts, Many of the oldschool users(WarioWoods for ex) who vanished from the forums, who are maybe only seen commenting in the main pages articles. Also, the Wii U forum is nowhere near as exciting & fun as the Wii forum was during last generation. Maybe it's because I'm just getting older, or things truly were more exciting during last generation with the Wii & DS, plus the 3DS launch mega hype train.

@Waveboy I would have loved to be here during those happening Wii days that included the excitement of the oh so fresh at the time, Virtual Console.. There wasn't all the doom & gloom threads that are just boring now and back then people talked about the games for longer than a week after they were released.

There has been arguing since the beginning.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

theblackdragon

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

I'm not sure if you're joking around or not due to the use of winky-smiley-face, so I'm going to take this comment at face value and answer accordingly:

Sometimes there are issues not quite pressing enough to warrant full-on Rule changes; some things only happen occasionally, and the Directors hand down a decision and expect the moderation team to follow it regardless whether it's an official Rule or not. It's like the unwritten rule regarding advertisement on the forums — as long as we're consistent, and as fair as we possibly can be to all involved, people understand, and when someone crosses a line on accident, we remind them of our stance and take action (e.g. thread redirection and/or locking) as necessary.

With regard to 'unwritten' rules , though we may have posted in the 'Announcements' area, we do not go in expecting users to already know these things, so we do our best to educate and then get everyone moving toward an acceptable topic. This is what happened to you, @Neko_Rukiafan. At no time were you in danger of a ban, it would have taken much more than one review topic and we would have had to interact with you over it multiple times — and even so any ban would have been temporary pending your acknowledgement of our request and willingness to cooperate. We also always have the Contact Form available if there are any questions, comments, or concerns regarding acts of moderation here at NL, at no time were you denied access to me if you had concerns. If you just want a scapegoat for your potentially leaving NL, that's one thing, but I do not see how I have personally gone out of my way to persecute you in any way, shape, or form and I do not find it fair to be accused of such.

@Klimbatize: Thank you.

Also, on a more general note, @Jazzer94 is absolutely correct, there has been arguing and infighting since the beginning. The only real difference between then and now is that we had maybe a fifth of our current userbase back in those days, lol.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Ryno

Klimbatize wrote:

It's so odd to think nostalgically of the Wii days.

Not just the Wii days, I’m think nostalgically of what I just had for lunch.

Jazzer94 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Not trying to argue with you but who mentioned anything about the arguing? If anything, @Waveboy misses the “WaltzElf vs. the world” arguing.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Jazzer94

Ryno wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Not trying to argue with you but who mentioned anything about the arguing? If anything, @Waveboy misses the “WaltzElf vs. the world” arguing.

Maybe argue wasn't the best word but I can remember seeing doom and gloom as far back as WiiWare World? (was that the name been a longtime) when I just lurked and was trying to make my little amount of tween money stretch as far as possible and needed guidance to avoid the turds but yeah there was also arguing too.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CanisWolfred

Yeah, there were plenty of complainers back then. Maybe not as doomish because Ninty was actually making a lot of money, but there was always things people didn't like. People still talk about games here. Even If the Mario Kart, Pokemon, and Smash Bros weren't sticked, they'd still have a permanent place on the top of their respective sections. I think some of you guys just have same problem I do: we aren't talking about the games everyone else is talking about.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

well, in my college they decided it was a good idea to change the pacing a little and flood the students with homeworks... :/
see you all when I finish it all(maybe next week or friday this week if I'm lucky)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

ClockworkMario

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ah, the great WaltzElf wars. Those were the days. There wasn't a subject he couldn't argue about, often taking it to ridiculous lengths. Him vs. Tendoboy were the greatest there was at the time. But alas, times are a changing.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Kewlan

@GuSolarFlare Do you seriously have so much work that you can't even browse here for 10 minutes?!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic