Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 3,659

Klimbatize

LOL, this thread is always littered with unintentional comedy and passive aggressiveness. So entertaining.

I also don't believe any of those people are actually leaving. A few weeks at most. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

RR529

I hope you enjoy your time off, @CanisWolfred. I'll be glad to see you return, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BearHunger

Klimbatize wrote:

LOL, this thread is always littered with unintentional comedy and passive aggressiveness. So entertaining.

I also don't believe any of those people are actually leaving. A few weeks at most. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Nice one.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Geonjaha

AlexSays wrote:

Amen to what Veloster says

And I've always found this thread pretentious anyways. That's why I never announce when I'm leaving for weeks or months or years. Everyone here is replaceable and the site moves on, yet people make such a big deal about it.

Just came by to say pretty much the same thing. Sorry if this comes across as mean to anyone, but its not like anyone is on this site just to be cruel to someone else. Debates get heated sometimes - it's never personal (at least for me anyway). I respect a lot of people on this site, and I also respect those who chose to leave if they don't like it. But by now this thread has basically become a place to rant about every other user on the site who isn't a close friend before announcing "leaving" only to return in less than a month and do the same thing again.

To balance out all that horrible negativity; @Klimbatize, @AlexSays @CanisWolfred you guys are awesome, and the best. Also I'm leaving. I hate this place.

EDIT: By the way @Veloster, that quote of the year in your sig had me laughing for quite a while. Thanks for sharing that with the world. :')

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Prof_Clayton

Geonjaha wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Amen to what Veloster says

And I've always found this thread pretentious anyways. That's why I never announce when I'm leaving for weeks or months or years. Everyone here is replaceable and the site moves on, yet people make such a big deal about it.

Just came by to say pretty much the same thing. Sorry if this comes across as mean to anyone, but its not like anyone is on this site just to be cruel to someone else. Debates get heated sometimes - it's never personal (at least for me anyway). I respect a lot of people on this site, and I also respect those who chose to leave if they don't like it. But by now this thread has basically become a place to rant about every other user on the site who isn't a close friend before announcing "leaving" only to return in less than a month and do the same thing again.

To balance out all that horrible negativity; @Klimbatize, @AlexSays @CanisWolfred you guys are awesome, and the best. Also I'm leaving. I hate this place.

Ok, see ya tomorrow.

To add on to this, I don't get why people feel the need to see things as so Black and White here, it's not like you either love the site and are posting everywhere, or you're OMG dat guy said my fav game sux and now I h8 all of U and gonna gtf out b4 I kill myself.
Like, some of you aren't that extreme, but calm down anyway, this is a place to express your opinions, which inevitably leads to disagreement. If you can't handle this, then sorry, that's the internet. You can still have fun even if everyone doesn't agree with you, instead of leaving others who may have been your friend behind.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Metroidlink

I'm leaving too as almost all my friends are leaving...
I can't stand the negativity on this site. I will mostly only be here for the news...

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

theblackdragon

Guys, i think we're done with the passive aggressive bullcrap against each other. this thread was originally founded as a corollary to the 'NL users you haven't seen lately' thread, it was a quick way to let people know if you were going someplace specific and/or when you'd be back, and that's all.

Veloster, Alex, the bottom line is that we're not here to stomp on people when they're down, and if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourselves. Yes, we all know half of these exits are straight up flounces, and we've been around long enough to have already learned the reality you're spouting, but there are ways to get that all across without being insulting that you guys continually eschew in favor of the insults, and anyway it's better to ignore that behavior in the long run than wallow in it and give them the attention they crave. in short, knock it off, please.

In the same vein, however, the off-topic posts just to beg people to stay will also be deleted. The 'attention' fest is done, guys, and to be honest it's gone on far too long.

To reiterate: this will be the end of the off-topic posting in this thread, we're going back to basics. If you are posting to this thread from now on, it will only be to announce your departure and/or return to posting. if you've got an entire novel about how much you hate it here, keep it to yourself — from now on it's gonna be short and sweet. Anything deemed off-topic by the moderation team will be subject to edit or deletion. This is your warning, any future complaints about this thread will be redirected to this post.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

Metroidlink wrote:

I'm leaving too as almost all my friends are leaving...
I can't stand the negativity on this site. I will mostly only be here for the news...

Just this. Bai

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Veloster

If this is what the general discussion forum is going to be like for the time being, then I'll probably just lurk for about a week. I.e, no chit-chat posting, just reading, and hopefully people will start coming back.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

FSHunter

bye guys, I am leaving because marriland is just too awesome. I might just check out NL every once in a while to see how it's doing, but for now bye. Its been fun.

3DS Friend Code: 2852-8334-3491
X/Y Shinies Found: Floatzel, Druddigon, Noibat, Snorunt, Barbaracle, Scraggy, Swalot, Delibird, Anorith, Scyther (None FT)
B/W/B2/W2 Shinies Found: Purrloin
X/Y Shinies FT: A lot
Shiny Value Needs to be found
I Can Clone Too
R...

SomeBitTripFan

I might (Please Note: MIGHT) go on a short break from here, see if the community shuts down or what. I'll try to keep my threads running as long as I can, but I don't know what's going to happen. Things are going to change here, but I'm not leaving permanently.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Drawdler

Welp, I think I'm leaving this forum now. I've been keeping an eye on the forums for the past few days, and it just doesn't seem fun. I'll still be visiting the main part of the site, and I'll be commenting on articles, but I don't really want to stay on the forums anymore. I know negativity is part of anything but I'm just not finding anything on the forums interesting now, and there are other forums I enjoy more. Maybe someday I'll feel like coming back, but I'm busier than before and don't care for the forum as much as I used to. Sorry if this post was too long or melodramatic, but anyway, goodbye. If anyone wants to chat with me, I'm leaving links to my profiles on other sites in my signature(and I'll keep them updated as I move/become active on sites, etc). And I swear one day I'll update my Backloggery.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

mystman12

I really don't blame you for leaving, these are dark times for Nintendo Life...

Anyways, I'll be sticking around about as much as I used to, I never really became friends with anybody here, I just got to know them really well. (Or, at least recognize their name. )

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

LyIa

I already posted this in the Kid Icarus Uprising thread, but I'm going on vacation in Europe. Starting tomorrow.
I'll check back whenever I have a WiFi signal, which I hope is often.
Untitled
See you next month.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

GamecubeMan

I am leaving NintendoLife for good Nintendo loving comrades. Reason being is I just do not have the time I use to. I become busier and busier as I grow older. I am still a teenager but when I was fourteen I had a lot more time for gaming and being on the site with decent grades. Now I find myself getting distracted and procastinating and leaving NintendoLife will be an important step in breaking my bad procastination habit.
Thank you for all the memories folks. I hope the best for all of you in your lives, with the struggles you face in anything. Do not be easily discouraged. Put effort into something you care about and you will see results.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Magikarp3

Goodbye @Cyb3Rnite and @GamecubeMan! GCM, if you ever manage to defeat the procrastination boss, can you help defeat mine as well?

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Auracle

@GamecubeMan - Farewell, buddy. It's sad to see you go, but I'm glad you've got the resolve to change your circumstances. Good for you!
Now go, and make that GC 4.0 a reality!

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

ThePirateCaptain

So over the past month-and-a-half or so, I've been trying to limit my time on the forums and the site in general. I planned to come back next week, but really I think my time away from the site has been for the better. In light of recent events, I've decided to leave the forums altogether, save for the VGM Tournament. I'll still be active on Backloggery and 8BitForward in case anyone wants to contact me, but as for all you here at NintendoLife, I bid thee farewell.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic