General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,392

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,441. Posted:

I hope you enjoy your time off, @CanisWolfred.

Yeah, things have been getting pretty on edge, with the whole XO discussion.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,442. Posted:

Goodbye LJM, BigDaddy and Canis. Things'll sure be quiet around here without you guys :(

I hope things work out for all of you!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,443. Posted:

@LJM bye my mad man. It just won't be the same without the lord of madness to make people mad. I, bid farewell you I hope you come back one day.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

1,444. Posted:

@Big-Daddy We care. I hope you realize that and come back as soon as possible.

@LordJumpMad Really? Huh, that's too bad. I'll miss you man...

@CanisWolfred YOU TOO!?! Hope we can survive without you...

By the way, I just got back from my vacation and I brought photos! here are the highlights. Enjoy!
Note: due to the excessive amount of pictures and my fear of TBD I'm just gonna be linking to all the pictures. Enjoy.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/MickeyTheStupendous/...
Alright, this was the picture I took outside on the day I visited The White House.

Here's me talking to Obama! He's cool.

Here's the day I met The Avengers. I coaxed Tony into getting me free tickets for Iron Man 3...

Here's the day I visited Disneyland.

Now, this was a quick pic. It didn't turn out very well, and please don't ask about why I couldn't just take another picture... terrible day...

Here's when I became a detective... it only lasted two days...

Here's me on set for the Wii U version of LEGO Batman 2! See, I played Lex Luthor exclusively on the Wii U, it was very quick work and it only took a day. Hope you guys recognized me in the game!

This is me on the day I went and watched Iron Man 3. It was awesome. Also, did anyone else notice that Guy Pearce looks a bit like Val Kilmer?

Here's the day I saw the Eiffel Tower! Good times...

Here's Billy and Me's session for the day. Still 'singin the same tune about how it's SOOOO terrible that he has a crush on his friend. (between you and me, he's a lost cause.)

Here's the picture I took on the day I met Kirk from Star Trek. It went considerably better than when I met Henry Hugglemonster...

So I got this cut during Dinner when I was going to take a picture. I got better the day after, as you'll see in the next pic...

Full recovery! I took the stitches off as soon as I left the building and rushed to the airport.

And I decided to take one last picture of me getting ready to leave the airplane. Which brings us to now...

It was A LOT of fun! But for real, here's a journal of what's happened since I was gone:

Mickey's Journal Of Journals or The Missing Positive/Disappointment Of The Day Posts:

Journal Entry Number 1 March 13th: Since I got my electric razor I've become jumpy. Whenever I look over to it I feel the need to shave even though I'd just shaven yesterday! Puzzling. I'm still having NO luck in getting rid of my crush, I've had to sacrifice A LOT so I don't think about her. This idea better work...

Journal Entry Number 2 March 20th: So this whole week I couldn't stop thinking about my crush, so this whole idea was useless. Y'know I could probably just end it by saying "I confessed to my crush and she actually took it much better then I thought she would! We've started talking to eachother and everything is fine now." Yeah, that'd make things much easier. What's a good pretend name for her... Joanna? PERFECT! No, they'll be even more worried about me. Oh! I'll just say "I confessed to my crush and she actually took it much better then I thought she would! We've started talking to eachother and everything is fine now so you can stop worrying about me." There, that should do it... no, I'll be posting this so they'll know... but I've already got this pseudo-serious reputation so does it really matter? YES. Man, this is just getting sad... on a more positive note, I've made some progress on compiling the vacation photos so it'll be finished by next week, it'll either be better or worse than the last one... wait, why am I worrying about this again?

EXTRA: While breaking the news of the new voice actors for Batman and The Joker in Arkham Origins, Hamza Aziz of Destructoid mentioned he thought Ben Mckenzie did a stellar job as Batman in Year One. THANK YOU!

Journal Entry Number 3 March 21st: So I've been re-watching Lucky Star... I am SUCH a mad-genius. I leave nintendolife so I don't get reminded of my crush and then I start re-watching Lucky Star which will remind me of nintendolife which will remind me of my crush. Brilliant. I watched Iron Man 3! It was alright... though, during the end credits, I (ironically) had an attack of some sort at the theater. We were waiting for the clip at the end and suddenly I start hearing some people talking behind me about something so then I'm trapped, I can't help overhear their conversation and I'd hate to be rude so I started making faces like mad. It wasn't even that cute sort of puffing my cheeks or something ACCEPTABLE like that, it was like I was CHEWING A LEMON... how do I end an entry after that... bye.

EXTRAS: 1. So I just saw the Xbox One reveal... PlayStation, I'm sorry. I want you back. 2. So I forgot to mention this but yesterday, at my karate class, I was warming up and, out of nowhere, some little girl walks up to the doorway to the class (it was open at the time, the teachers close it when class starts) and says hi. Naturally, I said hi back at her and she said she wanted to watch me warm up so I reluctantly went along with it. To all of the Women who put up with this sort of thing: I'm sorry. I think I have an idea of how you feel now, and I'm so sorry. 3. The end credits theme for Iron Man 3 was awesome! It was all upbeat and it was 'freakin AWESOME! I'm just gonna listen to it ALL DAY tomorrow.

Journal Entry Number 4 March 22nd: So there I was, eating a corn dog for the five billionth time. I could barely stomach the first one and then came the second one. Every bite seemed to take a year of life away from me. I was nearing the last bite and, at that point, I couldn't even bear to look at the corndog! I took the bite and, I'm not making this up, it caused physical harm to me. I felt my stomach POP (or at least it FELT like it popped.) I may not eat a corndog willingly for at least a year. One last thing for this update. At karate class, all three of my karate BFFs were there! Now, these guys, out of all the people I've worked with, are the guys I'm most comfortable with and at that moment I transformed into ME. See, I'm usually very shy and distant during karate, I usually warm up at the very corner of the room, I don't talk all that much and I've never truly been able to feel like myself until today and I just felt amazing. Easily the best day of karate I have EVER had. I'm very happy now :)

Journal Entry Number 5 March 23rd: I forgot to mention this yesterday but, while walking to the door of the karate building, this girl passed by that looked like the girl from THAT dream! Actually, she didn't even look EXACTLY like her (I freely admit that I'm quick to say 'hey you look like insert name here!') the resemblance was JUST close enough to bother me. So, I realized on the way home from my uncle and aunt's house that when it comes to sitting on a chair or a couch or a bed, I'm more comfortable on the right side. Probably because of the way my Bed is set up... weird. I watched the episode where Konata's mother appeared in spirit form and when the flashbacks happened I just broke down. It was just one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced with an anime. And it was right then that I knew nobody could love Lucky Star more than I did.

EXTRA: Guy Pearce from Iron Man 3 kind of looks like thin Val Kilmer.

Journal Entry Number 6 March 24th: So I went on my first Youth Activity in years! It was weird going to church without a suit and tie but I got over it quick. I met a ton of new people and they were all perfectly content with NOT introducing themselves... well, except this one girl, but we don't need to go into detail on that. So at one point at the zoo we were waiting for the others to come so we could find some seats... they waited til the movies was almost ready to be shown... for what felt like HOURS I was just standing there, trying to be patient. Then once they came, one of the girls had THE AUDACITY to ask if we missed her. The only other thing I disliked about the trip (besides having to watch Aliens vs. Monsters) was that I was a total wreck the whole time. Overall, I'm DEFINITELY doing this again. Nothing else happened...

Journal Entry Number 7 March 25th: So I kicked the day off by listening to some Queen. So me and my li'l sis started replaying LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga on the Nintendo Wii... that was fun. Also, PIZZA!!! So, during are midnight game of Halo, the subject of the Star Wars Prequel films was brought up by yours truly. Here's the thing, my Dad personally enjoyed the prequels, he didn't think they were perfect but he liked them... I did not. Guess what he did? He said something along the lines of: I personally enjoyed them, I'm not trying to say your wrong and I haven't seen them in awhile so who knows." Or something... it's 1:39 AM as I'm updating this so forgive me. Anyway, imagine that? My own opinion treated with respect. It's sad how foreign that concept is to me now...

Journal Entry Number 8 March 26th: This journal is documented proof that I am a masochist. Second Entry of the Journal, I state that this whole idea was useless and I'm still going with it. As I'm writing this, I'm debating on whether or not I should just come back early and I am leaning on coming back. Y'know, it's about time I start looking back on this little vacation I've had. My original Goal was to get over my crush... so that didn't work out at all. I guess there's no point in keeping this up. I'm coming back now. Last updated: 2:35 PM 5/26/13

PS: I confessed to my crush and she actually took it much better then I thought she would! We've started talking to eachother and everything is fine now so you can stop worrying about me.

EDIT: UGH, remind me to NEVER leave for this long again.

Edited on by MickeyTheGreat

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,445. Posted:

Sadly, I think it's time for me to take a break from NL. It probably won't be too long, but I've just got too much other stuff going on, such as work, household and backyard projects (still need to finish the chicken coop), and the like. Besides, I spend more time on here talking about games then I do playing them!

So, I'll undoubtedly be back before E3 rolls around (like I said I won't be gone long), but until then, I bid you all farewell.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,446. Posted:

@WingedFish
Man, what's up with all these people leaving? Anyways, I hope you have a good vacation and you don't stay away too long :D

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

1,447. Posted:

Darn it! Not my biggest fan! I'll miss you @WingedFish :(

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

1,448. Posted:

@Mickey you confessed to your crush, if I read that correctly? Nice!

Writing seems to be one of your strengths.

Edited on by OptometristLime

AJ_Lethal wrote:

DON'T DARE TO TALK CRAP ABOUT GOAT SIMULATOR.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,449. Posted:

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for leaving like that it's just that I had a headache and was being doubtful about my self, but I'm fine now and it won't happen again.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
Deviantart Profile. <- Going through a DK phrase.
The Chit Chat crew! <- A thread full of...intresting things.
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,450. Posted:

@Big-Daddy Welcome back! :D

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,451. Posted:

Welcome back @Mickey, it's great that you confessed your crush and went pretty well and you guys seem to becoming closer, time to game the name back to @MickeyTheGreat. Hopefully you two will spend a lot of time together. Also, why did you eat the corn dog? If you were in that much misery I can't figure out why you would keep eating it. It's not like mom making you eat lettuce lol.

@BigDaddy, welcome back man. Glad your here to stay.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

1,452. Posted:

@Big-Daddy You have NO IDEA how glad I am to hear that! Welcome back and promise you won't leave again.

Jaz007 wrote:

Welcome back @Mickey, it's great that you confessed your crush and went pretty well and you guys seem to becoming closer, time to game the name back to @MickeyTheGreat. Hopefully you two will spend a lot of time together. Also, why did you eat the corn dog? If you were in that much misery I can't figure out why you would keep eating it. It's not like mom making you eat lettuce lol.

1st: Yeah. Life has just been getting better and better since I confessed, and I really couldn't be happier. 2nd: Well here's the thing, my Parents bought a ton of Corn Dogs and once I tried it I liked it! Then I had it daily for like weeks and it quickly turned to hell in my mouth (I promise I'm going to use that again sometime.) And I couldn't just say "I don't like it anymore" 'cause that would just look childish. And the "results" those Corn Dogs were giving me weren't too bad either, so I decided I'd just force it... which backfired on that fateful day. My Mom said she wouldn't make me have anymore if I didn't want it so there's your happy ending I guess...

PS: You guys are the best.

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,453. Posted:

Glad to see you back @Mickey (glad to hear you had fun, btw) & @Big-Daddy (glad to hear things turned out well)!

On the flip side, I hope to see you back soon, @WingedFish.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,454. Posted:

@Mickey Welcome back and congratulations on confessing to your crush! I'm glad she took it well.
Welcome back @Big-Daddy!

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,455. Posted:

@Mickey Congrats on confessing to your crush! :) Life just feels like a joy when you're in love, right? ;)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

1,456. Posted:

@Ark_Sin Oh You better believe it does!

PS: Has everyone seen the vacation photos and read the journal? I haven't seen any comments on those yet. I don't wanna seem... whatever the word is, but I'd just like to know that my work wasn't in vain.

EDIT: The exception being @Jaz007's mentioning of the corn dogs.

Edited on by MickeyTheGreat

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

1,457. Posted:

@Mickey Welcome Back~ Did you enjoy your Vacation? :3
@Big-Daddy You don't know how happy I am to see that you're Staying! :D

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,458. Posted:

@Mickey Yes, I have. The photos were great. XD

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,459. Posted:

And... I'm BACK! Although I really never left, just didn't comment. XD So yeah, after just two days of "absence" I couldn't take it anymore, I just missed talking to you guys so much. Guess I'm addicted to NL. But hey, I find that as a good thing, in a sense...

Btw, nice to know at least 3-4 people were sad that I left. ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

1,460. Posted:

@WingedFish - Glad to have you back! How are your chickens doing?

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero