Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,659

CanisWolfred

lz2010 wrote:

Worst part is I was a genuine Power Rangers villain

You were all great Super Villians, including Reala, TBD, and other people who aren't worth mentioning. Vaynard did take it too far, though...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Raylax

This thread has turned into all the reasons why I don't RP anything, ever. Aww, I missed TEH DRAMAZ

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AllanAokage

What Raylax said.

Actually, it hasn't involved much laziness. All the reasons bar one, then.

"You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true... that's all."
"There is no truth, only awareness."

CanisWolfred

Well, too be honest, I can relate to YoshiSage and Xhoaz in a way, since it reminded me of how I used to play pretend back when I was in elementary school. Unfortunately that also explained why I had no friends until the 6th Grade.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

okay guys... please, if you're not leaving or vacationing or saying goodbye to anyone, let's take the discussions elsewhere. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

We would, but the power ranger thread is...erm...we'll stop now. Right guys?

Right. Which means this subject is over.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Raylax

Wouldn't normally bother saying this, but this thread is in serious need of being re-railed.
I won't be around now for a couple of weeks, just to get back on top of an enormous pile of stuff I need to sort out that NL keeps distracting me from MY INABILITY TO CONCENTRATE IS CLEARLY ALL YOUR FAULTS.
I'll be back in time for the start of the NL game club, but until then I'm signing out and staying strictly lurk only. See ya, folks

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

StarBoy91

Why would you want to leave, Od? We like you. Please don't leave.
If I'm interpreting your post wrong, please tell me.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

theblackdragon

@Oddy: is there something we can help you with, or is IRL stuff getting more complicated? don't let hanging out here get in the way of your IRL needs, man... school, work, and family stuff are way more important.

edit: i see you've answered the question already, lol... if you need to spend less time here in order to focus on what's important, do what you gotta do,. man. we'll be here when you get back :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

You don't have to necessarily "leave", but neither do you have to not spend less time on here. :3

retired_account

SonicMaster

Please don't leave for good, Od! I know real life is much more important, but that doesn't mean you can't come on here at all! (lol, I'm acting like a big stalker, right? )

SonicMaster

LzWinky

theblackdragon wrote:

okay guys... please, if you're not leaving or vacationing or saying goodbye to anyone, let's take the discussions elsewhere. :3

Well are you saying goodbye or going on a vacation?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SuperMarioFan96

Odnetnin wrote:

Moral support?

NO NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!

But honestly, if this you think NL is getting in the way of family/homework etc, then you do what you gotta do. I'd hope you can still come on sometimes, but family and homework and such are more important. I'll miss seeing you (and discussing Bit.Trip games, lol) though.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

LzWinky

Odnetnin wrote:

I am seriously debating about leaving. Moral support?

If you leave, you'll see me less often

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Odnetnin

Last night laying in bed I made my final decision. I am going to take a leave of absence from Nintendo Life. This site has been great to me over the past year, with a thriving community of like-minded fans like no other. I came here because Nintendo Life cares about the smaller games (i.e. having the only review of Mighty Flip Champs on the Internet for a good while, which is why I signed up), about the people that make them and the people that play them.

I probably would never had gotten hooked on my favorite series of all time if not for Adam convincing me that RUNNER was, like, totally the best platformer EVAR in the NL Chat one day, and nor would I have discovered the unbridled magnificence that is Cave Story without the constant complaining of y'all in the forums until it came out. If pix didn't make me get N+ and Excitebots, I would be missing out on two of the best platformers and racers out there, respectively (I was just looking through the favorite users thread and found that he got me to buy WSR as well, man he spends my money for me! Oh and I think he convinced me on Superstar Saga too, darn him!). Other great purchases such as de Blob, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and Retro Game Challenge might have otherwise not been made with you guys missing from my Nintendo Life. Not to mention the countless downloads (easily this site's strongest suit) you have swayed me to go one way or the other on.

But this site, while gaming-centered, has been so much more than that for me. I have made what I can call actual friendships on here when there's nobody else around that likes what I like or thinks the way I think. StarBoy, TBD, pix, SonicMaster, um, LZ , and SuperMarioFan--you're all amazing individuals who dropped in to give me your two cents about quitting (well, not so much with LZ ), and even aside from those encouraging comments here, I consider you friends who I can talk to about everything from video games to actual life as we're doing now. Since you have already been mentioned here you will not appear on my friends list at the end, but know you belong there.

Truly, I am glad that this site exists and that I have spent the majority of my free time every day on it. But, sometimes, too much of a good thing is not a good thing at all. While NL remains relatively tame compared to the rest of the Internet thanks to great mods and friends like TBD and Chicken Brutus, it has led me to some dark places that I wish I had never gone. It has shown how weak I really am under temptation, and has moved me to as drastic a measure as leaving to escape from it.

I may come back someday (for some new game like DKCR or whatever, BIT.TRIP RISE fo' sho'), but until then, ciao!

To all of you and the minials, Adams, Knuxs, Chickens, Kid_As, Corbies, James Newtons, warioswoodses, Xkhaozes, Terras, irkens, and Odnetnins of of the world (of course I'm probably forgetting about 50 people, lol), cheers! Mickeymac, AlexSays, Digiki, and inevitably SUPAZELDAMA are people whose comments I consistently enjoy reading, even if we don't really know each other (thanks for Henry Hatsworth though, Digiki!). I will miss you and everyone on here who posts day after day, week after week, month over month, and some for years now that has done their part to make Nintendo Life a great place to be. Have a great life and God bless.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Punny

@Odnetnin: Goodbye, Od. I'll miss you.

I'm back (for the moment)!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic