Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2019

Posts 41 to 60 of 140

Malcrash

I'd say the upset done by OG in the Dota International this year takes the cake for me. I haven't played Dota 2 in a while but hearing that story and seeing it in full really made me appreciate the game as a sport so much

Malcrash

Twitter:

Octane

All the eSports awards seems a bit too much IMO. Yes, it's a big industry, but best eSports moment, best eSports coach... what?!

Octane

kkslider5552000

Trying to put some sort of sports award equivalent in the middle of a video game award show is just weird.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

It definitely feels like some kind of sponsored deal. I can't imagine Keighley sat there thinking; ''You know what, we need to award the best eSports coach!''

Oh well, I'm mainly watching for the game reveals anyway. I do hope A Way Out wins something, just because I want to see the dev with Keighley on stage once more.

Octane

Krull

I would love Octopath Traveler to win the Art Direction award over the likes of Red Dead. That prize should mean something, not just be a reward for winning the graphical arms race. Think Octopath has an outside shout at the best score gong, too. Dragon Quest XI ought to stroll home with the Best RPG prize, though - in fact, I'm slightly disappointed it wasn't in the running for GOTY (though it wouldn't beat the heavyweights of GOW, Spider-Man or RDR2).

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Grumblevolcano

I think Monster Hunter World will get Best RPG.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

I still don't understand how MH is suddenly an RPG. Yeah I know @Octane pointed out that Capcom now says it is. But if MH is an RPG, then so is Bayonetta, DMC, Spider-man, GoW, heck even Forza Horizon 4.

@subpopz it's not just about the graphics, though, I mean RDR2 really paves new ground for control schemes.............
bwahhahahahaha....sorry. I tried.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia It's Japanese, so that raises the chance of it being an RPG by 83%.

God of War, Spider-Man, etc. all have leveling, isn't that why they call it action-adventure with RPG elements? The term RPG is kinda stupid anyway; it used to mean literally role-playing game, but that's nearly every game in which you play as a character (so kinda everything except most sports and racing games I guess).

I don't really care to be honest. As with everything in life, as soon as you try to put everything in boxes and give them definitions, you'll end up in this exception loophole that doesn't end, so we like to pretend it doesn't exist, but there's always a giant grey area.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Less than 2 weeks to go.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

One of the rumored world premieres is Rocksteady's new game Superman: World's Finest.

If you somehow don't know who Rocksteady is, they developed the Batman Arkham series of games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TuVictus

Obsidian is supposed to unveil the first game since their acquisition. I have never played anything from them, but have heard such good things that I hope it goes well just because I know their reputation and want their fans to feel hyped for their next project.

Hoping for some Bayonetta 3 news or maybe a teaser for Metroid if Nintendo wants to wow us again.

TuVictus

Magician

PikPi wrote:

Hoping for some Bayonetta 3 news or maybe a teaser for Metroid if Nintendo wants to wow us again.

I'm a firm believer that both are 2020 games. Why? Because Metroid Prime HD Collection seems like the best game to release in 2019 to build hype for MP4. Personally, I assume we'll finally see Star Fox Racing...or whatever Retro Studios has been working on.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

redd214

The Superman rumors popping up again are intriguing but all I really want is something on Borderlands 3. It's one of my favorite franchises and they've been quiet way too long (outside of BL2VR). There will probably be 1 or 2 megatons stuff no one saw coming, some release dates and some solid indies to get excited about. I think mertroid in some form is a safe bet also. Wish it was 3 hours long but will try to watch as much as I can.

redd214

Octane

@PikPi The Obsidian game will be published by Private Division, not Microsoft. I think that all the games they were working on at the time of the acquisition are still being handled by third parties.

Octane

Dezzy

Nintendo have revealed things at the last 2 Game Awards, haven't they?

Wasn't last year when we first saw the Zelda DLC?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Yes we've had this:
2014 - New Mario Maker trailer and first BotW gameplay
2016 - First gameplay of new area in BotW
2017 - First major info on BotW Champions Ballad DLC (out same day), Bayonetta 1+2, Bayonetta 3

Also given Nintendo doesn't have much presence this year for the awards themselves, they kind of need to be present in the reveals.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

Cool, so Nintendo will probably show something.

I assume Fire Emblem, given that it's coming out in a few months and we've still seen almost nothing.

RandomName

I've heard some think that Skyward Sword remake will be revealed this year at game awards.

Matthew (Random Name) Hughes

Dezzy

@RandomName

They denied it existed within the last week. Seems a weird thing to do if it's getting announced next week. They would've just said nothing if that was the case.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.