Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2019

Posts 21 to 40 of 140

HollowGrapeJ

I've never played any of the games that came out this year people would consider "Game of the Year". But, I'm almost certain it will go to Red Dead Redemption 2. I don't see how anything other than God of War might possibly take that spot.

HollowGrapeJ

Heavyarms55

@RR529 I am a die hard Nintendo fan, but just after years of following gaming I know that Nintendo doesn't have much that will compete with mainstream releases this year. Super Mario Party will likely be nominated for party or family game. Though I absolutely LOVE Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I know it doesn't appeal to mainstream audiences. Octopath was a big release but while good, I seriously doubt it would be considered for GotY or even top RPG.

These award shows are always about big mainstream releases. Anything niche rarely if ever gets the credit it deserves.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Shizuelle God, I wish. Can't wait for that game!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Aozz101x

@Shizuelle i love to be wrong. but, i don't think will see Animal Crossing at The Game Awards.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Cynas

As suspected, a lot of RDR2, God of War, and Spiderman.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Grumblevolcano

Not much on the Nintendo exclusive front, Mario Tennis Aces and Octopath Traveler appeared a few times as well as the Family category being Nintendo + Starlink.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Cynas

It's a little sad that Xenoblade 2 didn't get a nomination for best RPG. I feel like any games released in December get forgotten for these awards. The same thing happened with Xenoblade X iirc. Hopefully Smash will get recognition next year.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

IceClimbers

Cool to see Celeste get nominated for GOTY

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

Well, I spotted Valkyria Chronicles 4 made it, as well as Celeste, Megaman 11, Fortnite, Dead Cells, Into the Breach, Pillars of Eternity II, Octopath Traveler, The Messenger, BlazBlue, FighterZ, Tennis Aces, Overcooked 2, Labo, Starlink, and Super Mario Party for games that are available on Switch. Sony domination was real though, I think Xbox might actually have the least titles available out of the nominations of the main 3, even with all the multiplat nominations for games Switch doesn't have (yet).

The lack of XC2 in the RPG category is ludicrous though. I'm not sure it should win, but you'd think it'd have made a nomination at least.

link3710

Ralizah

Wow, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 got snubbed big time.

At this point, I'm only rooting for Valkyria Chronicles 4 in the strategy game category, even though I know it won't win.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kidfried

@Shizuelle It's a 2017 game. Launched on PC February 2017 even.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Grumblevolcano

The most surprising nominations were Celeste in GotY and VC4 in strategy.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think the most likely candidate for GOTY that's Nintendo relevant is and probably should be Celeste

Well how about that. I mean, I'm not too surprised, at least some of the people who reviewed it are also involved with this, but still...good.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kidfried

@Shizuelle Hey, don't feel dumb! No one's supposed to know the release dates to all games anyway. I only played the game this year too, I'm not much of a pc gamer.

Kidfried

veeflames

Lol, they’re focusing waaaaay too much on eSports. Why does a “Best eSports Event” even exist? That’s not even going to have an unbiased winner, unless a lot of people have gone to every event that was nominated.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

PCkid

The list scares me a little bit.
It shows how transparent Nintendo was this year.
I'm hoping a better 2019 because 2018 was more than mediocre IMO.
Sony is the winner by far, they have the best exclusive titles and all the multi-platform games.

PCkid

redd214

@Vee_Flames why did it exist? Because esports is a billion dollar industry that's why. Even 8f it's not something you're interested in, nor am I tbh, it's foolish to discount its impact on the industry.

redd214

Malcrash

I'm happy Celeste made it on the list (though it will obviously be squashed by Red Dead 2). I'm still betting on whether God of War or Spider Man is GOTY in my personal opinion. I really don't like it that Red Dead is focusing on realism so much that they forget on how to make a game fun or engaging.

Malcrash

Twitter:

veeflames

@redd214 I'm definitely not denying the impact of eSports on the gaming industry. I'm saying that creating a "Best eSport event" category does not make much sense. The events are just events. They don't compete with one another for anything, so why do they need "awards" (which won't even be fair as I doubt the majority of the people voting haven't gone to all the events)? I don't get it.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

redd214

Prediction Time!!! These arent what I would personally vote for moreso just what I think will win.

GOTY - Red Dead 2 (My personal favorite was GOW)
Best Ongoing Game - Fortnite
Best Game Direction - GOW
Best Narrative - Life is Strange 2
Best Art Direction - RDR2
Best Score/Music - Octopath
Best Audi Design - Forza Horizon 4
Best Performance - Chris Judge as Kratos
Games for Impact - Celeste
Best Indie - Celeste
Best Mobile - Fortnite
Best VR - Astro Bot Rescue
Best Action - Far Cry 5
Best Action/Adv - God of War
Best RPG - Monster Hunter Worlds
Best Fighting - Dragon Ball Z
Best Family - Super Mario Party
Best Strategy - Iron Banner 3
Best Sports - Forza Horizon 4
Best Multiplayer - Fortnite
Best Student - uhhhh Dash Quasar (Based on name alone)
Best Debut Indie - The Messenger

not even going to predict the eSports ones

Whats everyone elses??

redd214

Sorry, this topic has been locked.