Topic: The Game Awards 2019

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

rjejr

Thanks guys, back to PS it is.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

iKhan

Everyone: Well obviously they'll reveal Smash DLC, but what else? Zelda?

TGAs: No More Heroes and Bravely Default II. What's smash?

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

There was some cool stuff but it felt even more like a giant advertisement somehow. I think because the most obvious "clearly paid for ads but we will never just state that" segments went on FOREVER.

And most of the cool stuff are indie games most of you already forgot the name of so...yeah...

I was actually going into this being a little kinder, but I just got nothing from this really.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Sekiro was the most random GOTY winner ever.

Well, that sucked. At least we got Bravely 2 out of it, though!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

A bit of a bummer that we didn't get a just one more thing moment. Show started out really strong but slowly wound down and kind of fell on its face at the end. Overall I think it was a solid show, still waaaaaay too long but was good.

redd214

iKhan

Honestly I liked certain parts.

• I really like the Global gaming highlights and Games for Good awards.
  • Dr. Honeydew and Beaker were absolutely hilarious.
  • I'm always up for a Green Day performance
  • I want Ikumi Nakamura to present at every games event. She's perfect
  • Reggie's speech was fantastic, why can't all presenters be that good.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Ninja84

Well this was disappointing..

Ninja84

MsJubilee

Happy I didn't watch this cause it seems I didn't miss anything important.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

Given that they didn't really have much that impressive in terms of announcement trailers, why did they use up something like the FF7 trailer during the intro?

Lol, that would've been a better ending trailer than the low-budget looking Fast and Furious game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Well at least we got good cringe compilation material with the need for speed thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Glad i didn't watch Game Award at all because i know it will 99% about rated M games all the time.
Anyway, congratulations for Luigi Mansion 3 for the nomination.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

Luigis m rated mansion 3. I’d like to play that. Might be fun

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Captain_Toad

After joining last yesr and yesterday's game awards I've finally picked the two main problems with the game awards.

1st The game of the year nominees lacks presence during the show. Because as the awards show goes on, the goty nominees feels like it's faded into the distance until we're reminded before commercials that hey it's game of the year coming to up! Have the GOTY nominees get some sort of presence between commercials, like this is game of the year and why it's nominated or something.

2nd After the GOTY us presented it needs sone sort of closer other than what feels like "Okay shows over go home." and close the stream. Maybe a performance, reveal, or a reminder of who wins what award as the music winds down. Anything than to just close the stream down.

The lack of strong Nintendo reveals and malfunctioning NL chat room aside, I had fun with this year's game awards.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

iKhan

Did anyone else groan when it was revealed Godfall was a multiplayer game? That game looked absolutely incredible. I loved the aesthetic design, tone, and the world. I'd kill for an action RPG or action adventure game like that.

But no, it's a multiplayer looter RPG again.

link3710

Y'know... all I wanted was one of NMH release date/Bayonetta trailer/Metroid trailer and Smash DLC 5. Bravely Default II is good news, but not quite what I was hoping for. Ah well... at least I got a new NMH III trailer that was fun, even with no gameplay.

But yeah, this was the worst year of TGA so far, hands down. Nothing that interested me on other platforms either, except maybe Gears Wars if it comes to PC.

link3710

darkfenrir

I'm just glad that Disco Elysium won all the awards it got nominated in- that game is a huge gem I need to buy!

darkfenrir

Shy_Guy

Meh. It was a little boring,and the pacing was slow. Just glad Luigi's Mansion 3 won.

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The biggest problem was that next gen isn't here yet.

Microsoft was the most interesting and they revealed some next gen plans (Xbox Series X, Hellblade 2) alongside a bunch of new news on some of their final known current gen stuff (Ori 2, Gears Tactics).

Sony was meh though the State of Play earlier in the week was also meh, they're clearly waiting for the PS5 reveal which if they use the same strategy as 2013 will be in February.

Nintendo was also very meh though not really sure what that means. It could mean 2020 is a quiet year for Switch, it could mean they're saving announcements so Switch isn't buried in the next gen hype or it could mean they have hardware of their own to announce.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sorry, this topic has been locked.