Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2019

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

TheFrenchiestFry

Predictions (both Nintendo and non-Nintendo related)

the new Arkham game teased by WB Montreal and Rocksteady (rumored to be titled Batman: Arkham Legacy) will be officially unveiled with a cinematic trailer depicting the formation of the Court of Owls and a fall 2020 release window
Smash Challenger Pack 5 will be unveiled. Like Joker, this new fighter will be heavily mainstream, will have some connection to the Game Awards itself, either through recognition or through actual accolades recieved, and will resonate with contemporary gamers, such as the ones that make up the majority of the audience that usually watch the Game Awards or go see it live.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be advertised up the wazoo
Yoko Taro's next game project will be announced, and it might be a third Nier game considering the official Nier Twitter is the only game-specfic Twitter account that actually follows The Game Awards' Twitter account to my knowledge
SonicFox will come on stage to provide a valiantly annoying speech about being gay and a furry and how Republicans don't like him
Elden Ring will be given a proper gameplay trailer and a late 2020 release window
The King of Fighters XV will be unveiled with in-game footage here in a similar fashion to SoulCalibur VI's unveiling at The Game Awards 2017
Bayonetta 3 will be given a cinematic reveal trailer on the scale of Bayonetta 2's E3 2013 trailer revealing her Love is Blue design
The musical performance this year will be one of the vocal tracks on the Death Stranding OST
The GOTY nominees will be Death Stranding, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Jedi Fallen Order and The Outer Worlds
Mortal Kombat 11 will beat out Samurai Shodown for Best Fighting Game
Following up from today's announcement of SEGA bringing Yakuza 0 and the Kiwami remakes to Xbox One in early 2020, and their recent pledge to bring their more niche titles to more people on multiple platforms, Persona 5 Scramble will be announced for the West on PS4 and Nintendo Switch for fall 2020, and to tie people over, SEGA and Atlus will collectively bring Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 (Royal?) to Nintendo Switch and PC in summer 2020 (this is a pie in the sky dream of mine but honestly the Yakuza remakes really started to make realize SEGA wasn't playing around with their recent statements about expanding the reach of their niche content and lesser known franchises)
Guilty Gear 2020 will get a new trailer officially confirming the game's platforms (PS4, Xbox One and PC)
Devil May Cry 5 Vergil DLC announcement
The Man of Medan sequel teased at the end of the first game will be shown off in more detail

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

Could the thread title be changed? This thread is about last year's Game Awards.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Laoak

Well... Smash got nominated for GOTY. But how on earth did freaking Control get picked over FE:3H or Astral Chain. I have never even heard of control until now.

{funny quote here}

TheFrenchiestFry

@LetsGoSwitch Dude

It doesn't have to just be Nintendo games
That and Control is actually freaking amazing
It's easily Remedy's best game gameplay and story wise
I can see why it's there

TheFrenchiestFry

Laoak

@BlueBlur101 and i never said it had to be nintendo games. Im just wondering how big control was. Also, DMC5 got snubbed hard

{funny quote here}

TheFrenchiestFry

@LetsGoSwitch DMC5 deserved a GOTY nomination honestly

TheFrenchiestFry

Matthew010

In my opinion, I'm surprised Kingdom Hearts 3 wasn't nominated for GOTY.

Also, am I just misreading or do any games releasing on or before the 15th of November have a chance of being nominated? If so, there's a distinct lack of Pokémon from any category.

Matthew010

Buizel

@Matthew010 I wonder how many of the panel would have played the game at that point, and many people were still riding the hate train.

I think Pokemon definitely deserved to be nominated for family game - it's arguably a better game than both Yoshi and Ring Fit. However I'm not sure what else it would've been nominated for, and I don't see it taking home any awards.

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

I wonder if Control got so many nominations because they feel bad that it didn't sell very well, so they're trying to give it a late-term boost.
That's clearly what some awards are used for.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

That would make sense, since one of the main discussion points I heard about Control is disappointment that it didn't sell better. The Titanfall 2 of 2019.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Magician

Tonight's the night.

I assume two, maybe three announcements for the Switch tonight?

Here's hoping.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninja84

@Magician
2-3 is my guess too. I’m thinking Bayo3 release window Q3 2020, Smash DLC reveal and then Metroid trilogy. Would have loved a big third party reveal like MK11 last year but i dont see it happening..

Ninja84

Dezzy

Damn Bravely Default 2 I didn't expect. Looks great.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rjejr

Anybody got a link to the Live article chat? It was there a second ago. 😝

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Captain_Toad

@rjejr Live article chat keeps resetting for me a LONG time ago and it's not working.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Ralizah

Darn it. Gotta booted off and, when I reset the page, I couldn't access the link anymore.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Captain_Toad

@Ralizah Heh, good thing I'm not alone in this! Looks like NL's Game awards chat is acting spotty.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Ralizah

@Captain_Toad It's weird. It's not even on the main page anymore, and if you try to go the URL directly, it just says it's a broken link.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

Ah well...
At least i can filter the Switch games articles that has been announced during the event.

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

Weird West looks pretty interesting. Since it is being published by Devolver Digital, it will most likely come to Switch.

NotTelevision

Sorry, this topic has been locked.