Forums

Topic: The dream thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 231

RR529

@Captain_Balko, was that really a dream!? That was detailed!

I wish I had control over my dreams. I think I've had a couple nightmares in the past where I was able to summon Goku (from Dragon Ball Z) to resolve things for me, but that's about it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Captain_Balko

RR529 wrote:

@Captain_Balko, was that really a dream!? That was detailed!

I wish I had control over my dreams. I think I've had a couple nightmares in the past where I was able to summon Goku (from Dragon Ball Z) to resolve things for me, but that's about it.

If you learn to lucid dream, you will have many dreams that you can completely recall and many dreams that are incredibly vivid and detailed.

Captain_Balko

RR529

Yay! Last night I had my first game related dream in a long time!

I dreamed that there was some sort of colorful scrolling shooter (like TwinBee) coming to the eShop that I was really excited for, but was dissapointed when NL's review popped up and they panned it with a 4.5/10 (which is odd, because they don't use a .5 rating system).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

GuardianKing

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

Oh man, this thread is great for me. As somebody who is a lucid dreamer, I remember a lot of my dreams and usually get lucid. Coupled with the fact that I have an absurd imagination, my dreams get strange. Really strange. Sometimes when I describe them to people they just stare at me for a few minutes and then shake their head.

Last night I had an interesting one. Now, my dreams always follow some sort of progression - they are rarely completely random. The first thing I can remember is being on a road that looks over a cliff at night. The moon is gigantic. There are people chanting in strange cloaks behind me, near a large bonfire. I suddenly become aware that they are a part of a cult of some sort. I see two of them driving a red car, and there is a baby in the backseat. One of the cultists mistakes me for a member and whispers, "here comes the sacrifice. They have explosions that react with water in their car, they're going to drive off the cliff." Sure enough, I see the car turning towards the cliff. I freak out and run at the car.
In my dreams, I can do this weird think where I can jump through transparent things (glass, et cetera). It is easier when I become lucid, but even when I'm not, I can somehow do it. So I manage to squeeze myself through a closed window of the car, and see this baby wailing inside. I grab him and jump out of the window again. The car plummets of the cliff and blows up. I get into a truck that has stopped on the side of the road. Inside is Richard Nixon (a recurring character in my dreams, I know, it's weird. I somehow trained myself to see him constantly after I had one dream where we were in a boxing match and I thought I killed him. It freaked me out enough that I see him a lot in most dreams, since that dream was one of my most vivid.) and he offers to give me and the baby a lift. We drive off, and I have this thing where I fall asleep in moving vehicles in dreams. I sleep, and wake up in a large bed. I get up and realize that probably about 17 or 18 years have passed. I'm now married, and apparently a father to the baby I saved. You see, the baby I saved wasn't of my ethnicity (I'm white and he was of middle-eastern origin in the dream) so I walk out of my room (I suppose that I live in the master bedroom of my house now) and see this teenager, instantly realizing that I have raised him as my son (despite the fact that we look nothing alike) and he is unaware that he is actually adopted. For some reason, I can't recall any details that occurred throughout the 17 years since I saved the baby. I think that it's weird, but continue with my day. I go outside and there is a strange sort of mix between ancient architecture and futuristic ideas. People are zip-lining everywhere (for some strange reason) and there are teleporters around. I casually ask my wife what Nintendo has been up to for the last decade and a bit (I'm embarrassed in the dream that I don't know what happened in the past) and she mumbles something about holograms and the matrix and walks off. Then I wonder if I'm in the Matrix. Then I get bored of wondering, and zip-line around using only my hands. My adopted son tells me that I shouldn't be doing something so dangerous. I look at my hands, and they look kind of like the Sailor Arms from that one episode of Spongebob (they were my mind's strange interpretation of having manly hands) since they were inflatable and muscly. Finally, I become lucid. For those of you that don't know, lucid dreaming is a state where one recognizes that they are in a dream - you can do whatever you want, including fly, blow stuff up, and think things and people into your dream. It's harmless virtual reality fun. Unfortunately, I have a problem keeping my dreams stable. Basically, my dreams fade to gray once I become lucid, and I heard a good way of stabilizing them is through licking stuff. I've had a lot of success using this method (I generally fall to the ground and lick the floor, and it usually tastes good). So, in my dream, things are looking relatively stable. I try to fly by jumping off a zip-line area, but something is wrong - I just can't do it. I plummet to the ground and smash the rock floor with my hands. It doesn't hurt, but it destabilizes the dream quite a bit. I run over to a wooden door to lick it. It doesn't look well put together, and I'm worried I'll get tongue splinters. Still, I give it a try, and it tastes awesome. Very rich and aromatic, like a forest mixed with old furniture. The dream is somewhat stabilized, so I look up at all of the zip-liners. Something throws me off (I think too many people moving for my brain to register or something) and I become destabilized. I look for the door to lick, but can't find it. I wake up frustrated as hell moments later.

And that was my dream. I'll probably have another one tonight. If you actually read this, thank you.

I love you.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

RR529

I had a dream that was kind of all over the place, last night.

First, I was watching some sort of all new InuYasha special (and was really excited). Then it went to commercial, revealing that it was on Toonami, and for some reason T.O.M.'s ship was in some sort of cloaking mode (where it was just reflecting the space around it), but I could tell it was in the shape of a train with some sort of face.

All the show titles (in the bit where they show what's coming up next) were in Spanish, and the shows themselves were a mix of old Cartoon Network & Nintendo Video programming, instead of anime. That's when the dream ended.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SheldonRandoms

Racing in my boat, racing in my boat, racing in my boat, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But the best part about the dream was that my boat had a Ristar bobble head, now that was awesome.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Undead_terror

Im not sure why but im pretty sure either last night or the night before I dreamed that there was a new game & watch handheld on club Nintendo, I don't remember what game it was but it was purple and it was like 2000 coins.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

I had a really disturbing dream yesterday. I can't go into detail because it'd be too inappropriate for the site, but it involved real people in my life. One did something horrible to the other and I, some how, indirectly caused it. Everyone shunned me in the dream and I just tried avoiding it. It really creeped me out when I woke up. Really scared me that I dreamed it.

Mickey

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I had a really disturbing dream yesterday. I can't go into detail because it'd be too inappropriate for the site, but it involved real people in my life. One did something horrible to the other and I, some how, indirectly caused it. Everyone shunned me in the dream and I just tried avoiding it. It really creeped me out when I woke up. Really scared me that I dreamed it.

I'm just going to guess what those inappropriate details are and say: if you were scared then there's nothing to worry about. You'd obviously never do such things and this nightmare only served to cement that fact. You are a great man, and you shouldn't allow any dream to persuade you to think the opposite. I hope this helped.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Snagrio

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm just going to guess what those inappropriate details are and say: if you were scared then there's nothing to worry about. You'd obviously never do such things and this nightmare only served to cement that fact. You are a great man, and you shouldn't allow any dream to persuade you to think the opposite. I hope this helped.

/applauses
I second you, @MickeyTheGreat. @Retro, whatever happened in that dream, just know that it'll never happen because you are a good man. Never forget that.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CanisWolfred

I had a dream I was at Chrono_Cross' birthday party. Hideo Kojima showed up to the party, and I asked him why he was working on Dark Souls II instead of Metal Gear Solid 5 (which is entirely NOT true, but hey, my dream...), and he said that, as a fresher IP, it had more to expand upon, in terms of its world, lore, gameplay, etc. (which IS true) so he felt it'd be a much more interesting and exciting endeavor to show off for the next generation.

I also dreamt that I was playing Vanquish 2, and either it sucked or (more likely) I sucked at it, since I kept getting frustrated and dying.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OdnetninAges

Last night, I had a dream that I went to an arcade with my friends, and there was an arcade version of (ironically) Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. You would put four quarters in, and it would give you an hour of play time, and when you ran out of time, it would either let you put four more quarters in and continue the game, or print out a save data card to insert into the arcade machine the next time you play to continue from where you left off. I think I remember that I went to the Traverse Town and La Cité Des Clochés worlds in the game before I left to play a different arcade game, but then my dream ended.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Whydoievenbother

last night I had a dream where one of my brothers and I were chased by a lizard-raptor thing. My brother outran it, but I tripped. then the lizard turned around and CHEWED ON MY HEAD! Then my little sister came out and just watched me die. I tried to scream for help, but I lost my voice. Then I realized that it was a dream, and woke myself up. If I have the same dream, I'll do something to kill the raptor.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Mickey

I had a strange dream where I got VERY active on @Prof_Clayton's forum. It was one of those dreams that would NEVER come true

disclaimer: That wasn't meant as an insult to your [Prof_Clayton] forum-keeping abilities, it was a joke made in fun. I'm sincerely sorry if you took any offense to the comment and I can delete this if you like.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Joeynator3000

...I had this weird dream once where Nintendo announced the next Metroid for the Wii U, and the graphics were pretty much....looking like Super Mario Galaxy's....yeah, WTF? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

catsrnice

I had my dream all written up but then decided I might was to use it for story material sometime (It was a pretty epic dream)
The other night though I had both an alien invasion and a zombie apocalypse happen in one night. Fun.

catsrnice

Prof_Clayton

Mickey wrote:

I had a strange dream where I got VERY active on @Prof_Clayton's forum. It was one of those dreams that would NEVER come true

disclaimer: That wasn't meant as an insult to your [Prof_Clayton] forum-keeping abilities, it was a joke made in fun. I'm sincerely sorry if you took any offense to the comment and I can delete this if you like.

It's fine, especially the part where you were dreaming of my forum. I don't take offense~

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Arianabtd

Before you keep reading, this is an installment in "Konata's K-Pop dream" diary.

I found myself in an episode of Infinite Ranking King (Tv show about the group Infinite and in this episode they had a giant watergun fight.)
And everyone was like "why is this English speaker here? She doesn't even speak Korean." And all of the Infinite members spoke English. (it was like in those movies that its supposed to be in a different language but they speak English LIKE its the other language if that isn't confusing x3.) and the whole time I was just walking around doing nothing while everyone was staring at me. And I felt REALLY awkward in my dream x3.
Then I woke up.
~The end.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Jaz007

This morning, I got a text and my phone went off when I was sleeping, I then had a dream were I checked my phone. I then woke up and checked my phone for real.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

DreamyViridi

I've been wanting to post here for a while and I guess this'll do.
For some reason, I was lying on the floor in a school. Then this typical teenage girl with rough hair & headphones chewing something walks into my view, but instead of bullying me (as expected); she just stands there and offers me candy without saying anything. Then fade to black back to my house and as I look around; the same girl is in my bedroom holding my 1-UP mushroom plush, smiling at me.
...Then I wake up. Don't know what to say...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.