Forums

Topic: The dream thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 231

CrazyOtto

Last night, I dreamed that Venus and Aeon from Skullgirls were trying to tickle my cousin (they were "real" but were still cartoony in the game's style) and that I was also banned from Nintendo Life for some reason.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

CanisWolfred

WingedFish wrote:

All this talk about pizza reminds me of a dream I had about two years ago. It was set in a CiCi's pizza restaurant, and the entire cast of Super Smash Bros. Brawl was there. Each character had their own way of eating their pizzas. The Kongs added bananas to theirs, Yoshi and Kirby ate them in stacks, the princesses (and Marth) delicately cut the slices into tiny bite-sized pieces, Bowser burned his (and set his table on fire) before eating; the list goes on. I even wrote a short FanFiction story about that dream.

I love when you have dreams you can write stories about. The last comic I was attempting to write was loosely based on a dream I had at one point.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Captain_Toad

Just Woke Up!
My dream(s): Peter griffin was on youtube and he reviews a video game! It was some sort of 3d fighter? (king of fighters?) It was vague but i think He was speaking in shock and surprise " Holy crap! Become a god, FGT," Then he said something about the comments box"
2nd Dream: I was 2d platforming with my ball & chain hand in some sort of mansion, and there were those ghosts with those cute eyes. I used my ball & chain hand to attack them but the ghost hung on to it. I tried to shake it off as my weapon retracted but the ghost was gobbling my face in and I was panicking. Luckily my face was safe but I lost a bit of life. The only way I could kill the ghosts was a strobelight a la Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

3rd Dream: A nervous Audino was speaking (well I think it was trying to..) in front of a bunch of Clefary and Clefable. Classroom Setting, in a dark room, with a spotlight on Audino. ......trying out for something? (probably Pokemon Center Helper) As soon as show started. Audino got so nervous that she didn't speak for 3 minutes. As soon as she started to talk, one of the Clefary farted in response. They all laughted and got the Audino leaving and crying out of the stage.

Then I woke up..... (Augh! My head hurts and now I'm hungry..)

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CrazyOtto

I had a dream that I went to a water park then I went to an arcade at the water park that supposedly had "New Super Mario Bros." as one of the games, but I played it and everything was very ugly looking.

EDIT: I slao had another dream that same night where I met Shigeru Miyamoto.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

SCRAPPER392

These dreams happened as far back as a few years ago, and I think these are the most interesting...
DREAM 1:
Stuff that happened in the beginning of my dream that I can't remember, but what I do recall is that I was at one of my friends houses and my moms van was parked out front. Some guy was trying to steal my moms van and I ran to stop him. I was able to stop him temporarily from stealing my mom's van, but he took out a gun and pointed it at me. We were fighting over the gun, but he overpowered me, shot me in the head, and I slowly blacked out until I died.
The dream didn't stop though, because I ended up in an arcade type area that was a roller rink, and I couldn't stay standing because it was somehow impossible with the roller blades on to stand up. Then, I ended up at a Chinese restaurant and everyone was staring at me like I had done something wrong, and I eventually hit a dead end in my dream where nothing was going on.

DREAM 2:
I also used to have dreams where my school was rearranged and I could never make it to class or remember my locker combination. I sometimes had roller blades on like the other dream and could never get back up.
Also, there were times where I was a super super senior and my life was wrecked in that same dream.

DREAM 3:
I would have this dream occasionally. I would go to a theme park type place that would always seem to close while I was there. There were arcades, obstacle courses, and other theme park type attractions there.
I would always get trapped there and monsters would come out and attack me. They had swords, and I was able to dodge attacks, but I would be running less than 1 mile per hour. I could jump really high, but I couldn't run.
For some reason, I would always get a 3rd person view of a rocky cliff obstacle course suspended over an ocean, and it was totally possible to mess up the obstacle course and fall to my death. It was also a stormy environment with rain and thunder. It was always night time.

DREAM 4:
I would sometimes have dreams where I'm at a mall, or every place I have ever been is mixed up into one area. My school was mixed with a mall and amusement park, and I would never have money, food, or friends, but I could skateboard really well.
A variance of this dream included the las plagas outbreak from RE4, where I was fighting the ganados enemy from the game, except it was more realistic looking. They were attacking me with axes and crossbows. I lost, and accepted the las plagas injection.
I would still walk around the area I mentioned, but I was infected and blended in with other people. I could feel the las plagas taking over, and I could feel the aggression taking over.

DREAM 5:
This one isn't as interesting IMO, but still worth mentioning. I dreamt I was still working where I used to work, and I was asking for a raise. They refused, and said I didn't deserve it. Later in the dream, my co-workers and I were driving to take care of company business. We were driving, and a plane about 75 miles in wing span fell and barely scraped against my skull. It had paralyzed part of my body, and hindered my thinking process enough for me to notice I couldn't figure out things as well as I has before the incident. My boss said that I earned a raise, but I could hardly work anymore.

DREAM 6:
I sometimes have dreams where there are various layouts of my neighborhood. Factories and industry have taken over, with trains being the main form of business trade. The trains are in my backyard, and I explore the gadgets and objects laying around the traintracks. Every once in a while, I get hurt by the machines or am being chased by the business people and there is no escape.

I have some other dreams that are considerably disturbing, but I'll leave it at that unless anyone wants to hear them.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Retro_on_theGo

I had this dream a few months ago and was too lazy to post it until now. I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget since it was so random:
Some really lame new rookie in the WWE was GM for a bit then McMan fires him but then the rookie(he's real I just forget his name, brad something.)headlines Wrestlemania as the main event against undertaker! Undertaker keeps his streak 22-0. I wake up go to bathroom and peed then woke up. Still in my dream I wake up in bed again roll to the left and fall into a library. I'm looking through manga and check out Cased Closed. Then I go to the bathroom, pee, and wake up for real.
I HAD A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM!!!

SCRAPPER392

@Retro_on_theGo
Actually, I have dreams like that, too. I have to go to the restroom, and I do so in my dream. Then I dream I'm going back to sleep, and dream the same thing. That happens multiple times sometimes, but I eventually actually do wake up and think, I just did that 1-3 times, and I didn't even actually do it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Undead_terror

I was having a few dreams lately, someone giving me that head you would see on jumpscares on a stick and another dream I forgot but it was good.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

RR529

A few years ago I had a dream where there was some sort of sentient black ashy smoke that was going around destroying everything & everyone I knew. I kept on running until the world became an empty grey & black void, then it attacked me, and I woke up (easily the most terrifying dream I've ever had).

A while later, I had the same dream, but it happened shortly after I got my iPod Touch, which I had with me in the dream. Now I was able to hook up some sort of night vision goggles to it (the iPod), which allowed me to track down the ashy smoke and somehow combat it before it could do anything. (which felt totally awesome)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

OdnetninAges

Did somebody say pizza?

Just kidding.

Anyway, I once had a dream that I was having a dream, and in that dream, I was playing NiGHTS Into Dreams, but then I went to bed and had a dream about playing Dream Drop Distance, and telling my friend how excited I am for M&L: Dream Team.

Ok, not screwing around this time, I had a dream a few nights ago that I was in the house of the dead, and successfully (but barely) escaped.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

LyIa

I recently had a nightmare where I was playing Sonic '06
And I enjoyed it

;_;

all men are kings 👑

Snagrio

The night before last I had an ongoing dream about me in a Taco Bell restaurant ordering a trayful smorgasbord of everything from the menu, then realizing I didn't enough money to buy it, so I had to give it back. In other words, I never got to eat any of it. This cycled itself through for who knows how long before I woke up. Thankfully I was able to satisfy the apparent craving the following evening.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Arianabtd

The other day I had a dream that me and my friend went to a Chinese buffet and it was a REALLY big place with people everywhere. But the buffet was only this tiny table with only four different things on it. And only a little of each x3.
So me and my friend took all that was there. And when we started eating everyone around us was like "How dare you eat all the food and leave nothing for us!?"

I think I was scared, because I woke up right after that x3. I also woke up hungry .

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

I remember when I was like 5 or 6 I had a fear of bears. This fear lead to this one nightmare I had where my mom and I saw a bear on our land. We then decided to quickly get in the car and speed off to get away from the danger. However, the bear decided to chase us, even though we were going like 60 mph. It chased us all the way to the Minnesota-North Dakota border before I finally woke up. I remember that I woke up screaming, but can't remember much else.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Betelgroose

I had an amazing dream that there was an Earthbound 3D, I had it and the dream was to amazing to put into words

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

RR529

A few nights ago I had a dream that went all over the place.

First I was in my room trying to kill a bunch of spiders that were trying to hide, then I went downstairs. Shortly after our cat came in from outside (which is odd because he's an indoor cat) with a rattle snake biting onto his tail. The snake went under a chair, so we called animal control to come get it, and although they got it without any problems, our cat grew a rattle on the end of his tail & the black parts of his fur turned a bright red. The animal control worker casually mentioned that he had turned into a rattle cat, which means he will have a severe case of "the bites", but won't be poisonous, and will be normal by the next day.

BTW, "the bites" is a term my brother uses whenever the cat wants to play bite.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Captain_Balko

Oh man, this thread is great for me. As somebody who is a lucid dreamer, I remember a lot of my dreams and usually get lucid. Coupled with the fact that I have an absurd imagination, my dreams get strange. Really strange. Sometimes when I describe them to people they just stare at me for a few minutes and then shake their head.

Last night I had an interesting one. Now, my dreams always follow some sort of progression - they are rarely completely random. The first thing I can remember is being on a road that looks over a cliff at night. The moon is gigantic. There are people chanting in strange cloaks behind me, near a large bonfire. I suddenly become aware that they are a part of a cult of some sort. I see two of them driving a red car, and there is a baby in the backseat. One of the cultists mistakes me for a member and whispers, "here comes the sacrifice. They have explosions that react with water in their car, they're going to drive off the cliff." Sure enough, I see the car turning towards the cliff. I freak out and run at the car.
In my dreams, I can do this weird think where I can jump through transparent things (glass, et cetera). It is easier when I become lucid, but even when I'm not, I can somehow do it. So I manage to squeeze myself through a closed window of the car, and see this baby wailing inside. I grab him and jump out of the window again. The car plummets of the cliff and blows up. I get into a truck that has stopped on the side of the road. Inside is Richard Nixon (a recurring character in my dreams, I know, it's weird. I somehow trained myself to see him constantly after I had one dream where we were in a boxing match and I thought I killed him. It freaked me out enough that I see him a lot in most dreams, since that dream was one of my most vivid.) and he offers to give me and the baby a lift. We drive off, and I have this thing where I fall asleep in moving vehicles in dreams. I sleep, and wake up in a large bed. I get up and realize that probably about 17 or 18 years have passed. I'm now married, and apparently a father to the baby I saved. You see, the baby I saved wasn't of my ethnicity (I'm white and he was of middle-eastern origin in the dream) so I walk out of my room (I suppose that I live in the master bedroom of my house now) and see this teenager, instantly realizing that I have raised him as my son (despite the fact that we look nothing alike) and he is unaware that he is actually adopted. For some reason, I can't recall any details that occurred throughout the 17 years since I saved the baby. I think that it's weird, but continue with my day. I go outside and there is a strange sort of mix between ancient architecture and futuristic ideas. People are zip-lining everywhere (for some strange reason) and there are teleporters around. I casually ask my wife what Nintendo has been up to for the last decade and a bit (I'm embarrassed in the dream that I don't know what happened in the past) and she mumbles something about holograms and the matrix and walks off. Then I wonder if I'm in the Matrix. Then I get bored of wondering, and zip-line around using only my hands. My adopted son tells me that I shouldn't be doing something so dangerous. I look at my hands, and they look kind of like the Sailor Arms from that one episode of Spongebob (they were my mind's strange interpretation of having manly hands) since they were inflatable and muscly. Finally, I become lucid. For those of you that don't know, lucid dreaming is a state where one recognizes that they are in a dream - you can do whatever you want, including fly, blow stuff up, and think things and people into your dream. It's harmless virtual reality fun. Unfortunately, I have a problem keeping my dreams stable. Basically, my dreams fade to gray once I become lucid, and I heard a good way of stabilizing them is through licking stuff. I've had a lot of success using this method (I generally fall to the ground and lick the floor, and it usually tastes good). So, in my dream, things are looking relatively stable. I try to fly by jumping off a zip-line area, but something is wrong - I just can't do it. I plummet to the ground and smash the rock floor with my hands. It doesn't hurt, but it destabilizes the dream quite a bit. I run over to a wooden door to lick it. It doesn't look well put together, and I'm worried I'll get tongue splinters. Still, I give it a try, and it tastes awesome. Very rich and aromatic, like a forest mixed with old furniture. The dream is somewhat stabilized, so I look up at all of the zip-liners. Something throws me off (I think too many people moving for my brain to register or something) and I become destabilized. I look for the door to lick, but can't find it. I wake up frustrated as hell moments later.

And that was my dream. I'll probably have another one tonight. If you actually read this, thank you.

Captain_Balko

Mickey

Captain_Balko wrote:

Oh man, this thread is great for me. As somebody who is a lucid dreamer, I remember a lot of my dreams and usually get lucid. Coupled with the fact that I have an absurd imagination, my dreams get strange. Really strange. Sometimes when I describe them to people they just stare at me for a few minutes and then shake their head.

Last night I had an interesting one. Now, my dreams always follow some sort of progression - they are rarely completely random. The first thing I can remember is being on a road that looks over a cliff at night. The moon is gigantic. There are people chanting in strange cloaks behind me, near a large bonfire. I suddenly become aware that they are a part of a cult of some sort. I see two of them driving a red car, and there is a baby in the backseat. One of the cultists mistakes me for a member and whispers, "here comes the sacrifice. They have explosions that react with water in their car, they're going to drive off the cliff." Sure enough, I see the car turning towards the cliff. I freak out and run at the car.
In my dreams, I can do this weird think where I can jump through transparent things (glass, et cetera). It is easier when I become lucid, but even when I'm not, I can somehow do it. So I manage to squeeze myself through a closed window of the car, and see this baby wailing inside. I grab him and jump out of the window again. The car plummets of the cliff and blows up. I get into a truck that has stopped on the side of the road. Inside is Richard Nixon (a recurring character in my dreams, I know, it's weird. I somehow trained myself to see him constantly after I had one dream where we were in a boxing match and I thought I killed him. It freaked me out enough that I see him a lot in most dreams, since that dream was one of my most vivid.) and he offers to give me and the baby a lift. We drive off, and I have this thing where I fall asleep in moving vehicles in dreams. I sleep, and wake up in a large bed. I get up and realize that probably about 17 or 18 years have passed. I'm now married, and apparently a father to the baby I saved. You see, the baby I saved wasn't of my ethnicity (I'm white and he was of middle-eastern origin in the dream) so I walk out of my room (I suppose that I live in the master bedroom of my house now) and see this teenager, instantly realizing that I have raised him as my son (despite the fact that we look nothing alike) and he is unaware that he is actually adopted. For some reason, I can't recall any details that occurred throughout the 17 years since I saved the baby. I think that it's weird, but continue with my day. I go outside and there is a strange sort of mix between ancient architecture and futuristic ideas. People are zip-lining everywhere (for some strange reason) and there are teleporters around. I casually ask my wife what Nintendo has been up to for the last decade and a bit (I'm embarrassed in the dream that I don't know what happened in the past) and she mumbles something about holograms and the matrix and walks off. Then I wonder if I'm in the Matrix. Then I get bored of wondering, and zip-line around using only my hands. My adopted son tells me that I shouldn't be doing something so dangerous. I look at my hands, and they look kind of like the Sailor Arms from that one episode of Spongebob (they were my mind's strange interpretation of having manly hands) since they were inflatable and muscly. Finally, I become lucid. For those of you that don't know, lucid dreaming is a state where one recognizes that they are in a dream - you can do whatever you want, including fly, blow stuff up, and think things and people into your dream. It's harmless virtual reality fun. Unfortunately, I have a problem keeping my dreams stable. Basically, my dreams fade to gray once I become lucid, and I heard a good way of stabilizing them is through licking stuff. I've had a lot of success using this method (I generally fall to the ground and lick the floor, and it usually tastes good). So, in my dream, things are looking relatively stable. I try to fly by jumping off a zip-line area, but something is wrong - I just can't do it. I plummet to the ground and smash the rock floor with my hands. It doesn't hurt, but it destabilizes the dream quite a bit. I run over to a wooden door to lick it. It doesn't look well put together, and I'm worried I'll get tongue splinters. Still, I give it a try, and it tastes awesome. Very rich and aromatic, like a forest mixed with old furniture. The dream is somewhat stabilized, so I look up at all of the zip-liners. Something throws me off (I think too many people moving for my brain to register or something) and I become destabilized. I look for the door to lick, but can't find it. I wake up frustrated as hell moments later.

And that was my dream. I'll probably have another one tonight. If you actually read this, thank you.

I love you.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Undead_terror

I had a dream last night that I bought a original gameboy for $100 or more just to find out I already had a gameboy sp...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.